Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 4,340
Help

USB constantly failing - Most fustrating problem I have ever had

Hey guys, I play games on a laptop and a while ago I notice the generic crappy mouse I was using cutting out every now and again for about a second. It was so infrequent that I did not mind. Over time this worse and worse until I bought a G400 off of...

killerbanjo 8 reading
52 Minutes Ago
by killerbanjo Go to last post
0 42
Help

Unable to connect to my own dedicated server (SRCDS/Contagion)

I'm trying to connect to my own dedicated server on Contagion. It works fine, people can join it, but I can't. I'm behind a router, I have forwarded all the necessary ports, there is no -ip argument in the batch, I have set my client port to a different...

Morbo!!! 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Morbo!!! Go to last post
0 48
Love

Linux (Kali/Ubuntu etc) Forensic RAW memory dump need to find pass-phrase(sd5) of /dev/ hard drive in the memory dump

Hey everyone for a project I need to find the password of the pass-phrase that I need to enter at start-up of a virtual machine (*Ubuntu*) which is suppose to be a "VPS" and stuff, but before booting i get asked to enter the pass-phrase "Unlocking the...

2 Hours Ago
by Siemz Go to last post
0 25
Help

After installing Windows 8.1, Windows 7 got deactivated

well i'm trying to switch from 7 to 8.1. but i'm still keeping 7, now the problem is, its registration went invalid and i didn't install 7 in the first place(the guy who was fixing my pc installed). any ways to fix this?

EddieLTU 3 reading
8 Hours Ago
by djjkxbox360 Go to last post
1 114
Help

No HDMI signal, motherboard at fault?

Recently I bought a new desktop and was using only the integrated GPU (i5-4670k) through HDMI on my LG 24EA53 screen. Everything was working fine. Later on I bought a R9 270X and for some reason I cannot get any image on the screen when it's connected...

8 Hours Ago
by Crhem van der B Go to last post
0 43
Help

Sony Laptop CPU Temperature High (60*C?)

'Ello, I have a Sony Vaio Pro 13 and I'm working on a lengthy Word document, i-Tunes, and Chrome running and my core temperature is wavering around 60 degrees Celsius. Should this be concerning? It seems like that's really hot/can cause harm? If the...

8 Hours Ago
by taipan Go to last post
8 199
Help

hey so my desktop just kinda stopped This thread has images

hey in like january my desktop just kinda stopped. she froze and i went to reboot her and nothing shows up on the screen and after various fucking abouts and arounds with her guts i pronounced her dead but im kinda pissed. i have no clue how to diagnose...

8 Hours Ago
by taipan Go to last post
17 116
games

Mouse Problems, please help. (Team Fortress 2) This thread has images

Hey guys, recently I've ran into a little problem with TF2, Example: I've uninstalled TF2, (deleted local content) but nothing works, can anyone help?

9 Hours Ago
by gooooooooooogle Go to last post
15 211
Humor

Tried editing some shit in msconfig now getting a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Bsod screen [WIN 8.1]

So I found out last night that W8 was using only a gig of RAM which would explain for some memory issues, the computer recognises that I have 8gb of RAM and I read that to achieve Windows from using unlimited amounts was to input 0 in system ram required...

fruxodaily 1 reading
16 Hours Ago
by fruxodaily Go to last post
28 399
QUESTION

Windows 8.1 black login screen

So when I woke the computer up from sleep mode this morning, all I got was a black screen with the cursor, flickering in and out when I moved the mouse. I couldn't do anything but force shut down the computer. When I started it up again, it would get past...

17 Hours Ago
by TheAuditor898 Go to last post
2 87
Computers

Mouse Freezing

The things ive tried. Uptdating/deleting drivers updating graphic card driver switching usb ports trying mouse on a different computer and it worked perfectly ive tried everything ive seen from other sites of people who had the same problem. The...

1 Day Ago
by TruthSeekah Go to last post
4 105
Help

Windows with a darker shade are sort of transparent? This thread has images

Not sure what's going on here. Left is my Winamp-window hovering over the Tumblr webpage. Right is the Tumblr-webpage with Winamp minimized. If you squint, you can see the tumblr-page in the Winamp window. Same thing happens with Steam. I noticed when I...

1 Day Ago
by Coyoteze Go to last post
2 99
Help

Computer boots, but nothing displays on monitor.

I had been fiddling with this all day, and I even corrected it ONCE but whenever I boot up my computer, nothing is showing up on the monitor and my keyboard isn't even connecting either, but the mouse is. I have already switched around the RAM which...

1 Day Ago
by Yuzing0 Go to last post
4 105
QUESTION

Why is my GF's Google Now app giving her picks based on my searches? This thread has images

So me and my girlfriend both have Nexus phones, I have a Nexus 4 she has a 5. We both have Google Now activated because I personally thought it was pretty nifty. But for some reason the picks she gets on this app are based on my search results, meaning...

1 Day Ago
by LordCrypto Go to last post
2 74
YouTUBE

solved Google Chrome eating away at Hard-Drive - 100% disk usage

Constantly getting 100%-90% disk usage and task manager suggests it's caused by chrome. Never had this issue until about a week ago. Any ideas what causes the build-up? Also I don't use web-browsers like a mad man and have 50 open, I keep it down to...

1 Day Ago
by AK'z Go to last post
3 106
Repeat

solved Break down files by storage space on mac?

For starters I have a macbook pro with bootcamp. I've been cleaning out both hard drives so I can allocate more space for windows, which I use just about all of the time. When using windows I was able to view the major files on my hard drive, listed by...

1 Day Ago
by The Stills Go to last post
1 31
Help

Cards MHz randomly spikes and dips. This thread has images

Not sure what this means. Games where I'd get over 60 FPS all the time now dip from the 70 - 60s, down to 2, 5, 9, etc for two seconds, then jump back up. Pretty much completely random frame rate dips. Never had this problem before. Is something broken,...

2 Days Ago
by ricky23 Go to last post
5 154
Help

(AMD) Catalyst Control Center Desktop Color Not Saving

I just got a XFX Radeon 280 today and I'm encountering a problem I had when I returned my old 7770 a few years ago and got an Nvidia instead. My monitor has too high of a gamma by default. I have to force it down using driver options. Nvidia gives me a...

2 Days Ago
1 88
Help

Got new graphics card(s), they don't operate at full performance

I borrowed a graphics card off a buddy (GTX 560) which was supposed to be able to run games like Dota 2 and Diablo 3 smoothly at high settings. I plug it in, it doesn't work too well, hardly better than my previous one which had to have games set to low...

2 Days Ago
2 188
Help

Computer to TV fuckup

I hooked up my 6 year old Hitachi 1080p HD TV via HDMI to my computer. I have a NVIDIA GTX 550 TI, but apparently it decided to use an Intel card ( I think my computer has this as its backup card for when you install drivers or something ) Anyways it...

2 Days Ago
4 165
Help

"kinda" technical: youtube stopped updating subscriptions over a day ago This thread has images

okay so basically, when I want to watch videos on youtube, I'd do it through https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions because I don't give a shit about what google wants me to watch, I only want to see what I'm subscribed to. this has worked fine for...

2 Days Ago
by MrBunneh Go to last post
2 135
Rant

New RAM - Not Booting

So I've decided to get more RAM. These infact- |C|L|I|C|K| When I installed them to my machine it wouldn't even boot, not even any screen input. It would power up but thats it. I've reset my BIOS and CMOS. Nothing. The computer just sits there like...

2 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
2 102
Help

Random Issues with Explorer.exe

For some reason, I will randomly have this issue on almost every computer I have owned. Any ideas? Video:

2 Days Ago
by Silentwisher Go to last post
4 129
Love

Ext. Hard Drive slowed down to 1/4 of it's original speed.

I am clueless. I purchased this HD 4 months ago and it was super fast when I saved files via USB 3.0, now it slowed down dramatically to a fake 50mb/s.. and by fake I mean that it says 50mb/s and "10 seconds remaining" but in fact it takes 10 times...

2 Days Ago
by Drumdevil Go to last post
7 236
Help

solved Windows 8.1 fresh install - can't get integrated card and GPU to cooperate (black screen)

So I recently acquired a new SSD and thought I might as well install Windows 8 and start anew while using my previous HDD as storage, and a friend persuaded me to go straight to 8.1 I'll try and be brief with the stages I went through, I'm convinced it's...

2 Days Ago
by The Rizzler Go to last post
3 102
Help

solved Laptop will not use Nvidia Graphics card. Won't launch Nvidia Control Panel either.

I recently purchased an Asus laptop. An N56JR with an i7, GTX 760 and TB HDD About 2 weeks ago, the Nvidia control panel wouldn't launch, however, the computer still recognized and used the GTX 760m without a problem. Today, it stopped recognizing it...

3 Days Ago
by Squad1993 Go to last post
4 155
Help

Kindle Fire HD - Rooting Problems

I wanted to root my Kindle but every tutorial I find, I can't seem to use. If I plug the kindle into my PC it won't update the drivers and I can't find the drivers to download myself. Problems also arise with how the kindle is made, the menus are...

3 Days Ago
by mncbesggf Go to last post
2 112
pc games

Particularly Gamebreaking Difficulties in Titanfall (Full Release) This thread has images

So, I bought Titanfall recently. Brought the hard copy home (as well as a new HDMI because I planned on playing it on my TV like some sort of faggot) and installed, only to launch and discover that... well... I don't exactly know. This sort of...

3 Days Ago
by Icy Fire Go to last post
6 164
Help

Error code D6 on my Dr Debug for my ASRock Z77

I'm getting the above error on my Dr Debug LED for my motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard. Although the PC is running fine when it's actually on minus some graphical glitches that I notice sometimes. The PC as of this...

4 Days Ago
by Shanto Go to last post
0 87
Help

Internet connection problem (possibly virus/malware related) This thread has images

Hello Facepunch. My ISP is CZee, I'm using the wifi connection and while I can obviously use the internet, when I try to go to certain websites I get an error. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24298725/fckmyass.jpg I went to Czee and they said it's...

4 Days Ago
by Toy_Soldier Go to last post
0 110
Computers

Headphone Problem

I use my laptop's onboard mic for communication, and it's clear. It's a Lenovo y580. When I plug in headphones standard headphones, I talk, people hear me, but I can't hear myself. It feels weird. I'm used to hearing what I said, like with other headsets....

4 Days Ago
by Starce Go to last post
6 156
Help

Massive DOS attacks on my home network This thread has images

For the past few days my network has been extremely sluggish, sometimes the lag has been to the point where my network crashes. I figured this was a problem on Comcast's end as rebooting my router didn't solve it. Today, getting ticked off, I speculated...

4 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
17 531
Help

MSI Z87-GD65 Error B2 on boot + no display and no beeping.

Hi guys, I just finished building my rig yesterday and on boot I got no display at all and the board's debug LED displayed B2, I heard no beeping at all and all components seemed to work just fine aside from this. This is my very first build and I would...

5 Days Ago
by Snow-Hawk Go to last post
5 121
Stupid

solved Macbook: USB Power Surge

My Macbook suddenly had its USB port power surged. I tried uninstalling the USB controllers, but everytime I reboot the laptop, the USB hub I plugged in worked, but when I plugged my portable HDD, the port surged, bringing the other one down as well....

6 Days Ago
by Spectre1406 Go to last post
2 71
Computers

Terrible Sound Coming From Graphics Card Fan This thread has images

Any idea on what could be causing this terrible sound coming from my GPU fan? I have tried cleaning it out, and that did not fix it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMVph2ZoJYc (Its the grinding sort of noise.) (Please ignore terrible commentary)

1 Week Ago
by Silentwisher Go to last post
11 241
Help

Inverted Colors - even on BIOS

The problem is exactly what the title says - the colors are inverted on my dad's computer. http://i.imgur.com/wbku16g.jpg This is Vista, by the way. Details: Dad tells me it happened after he installed some Windows Updates Not the graphics card; I...

1 Week Ago
by Penguiin Go to last post
2 196
Help

Crashing/Possibly bad PSU: Is my PSU adequate for my system?

System Specs: (main components) AMD FX-8320 EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (x2 SLI) 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, SATA III 64MB Cache 1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM , SATA II 32MB Cache Lightscribe DVD-RW Drive Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 OCZ ModXStream Pro...

1 Week Ago
by Cjmax Go to last post
4 169
YouTUBE

Youtube playlist export/consolidation

I have had my youtube account for more than 5 years At somepoint it asked me to merge to google, then upgrade to google+ then etc Somewhere along the line I ended up with two channels, I use youtube to listen to music since I currently don't have the...

1 Week Ago
by lkymky Go to last post
2 129
Help

solved Steam Error Code: 188 - Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

I'm getting this error code:- Error Code: -118 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet. an awful lot, and I don't know why. There's no firewalls in place, and my proxy settings are pefect. I...

1 Week Ago
by djjkxbox360 Go to last post
3 140
Help

Windows 8 update problems.

I'm having horrendous problems with a Windows 8 laptop at work. It will just not update. It's a batch of 82 updates. Tried them all at once, batches of 5, and one at a time. Each one fails at configuring updates. Tried a couple windows fix tools, sfc,...

1 Week Ago
by BowedYapper Go to last post
2 134