Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
C++

What are you working on? v65 - July 2016 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 8 9 10 11 Last )

We're back to monthlies! Let's make July a productive month! Releases from last month ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Prime Climb - Google Play GIBZ - Melee Update - Steam Thought this might be fun to do - list all releases of the past month. I only just...

1 Minute Ago
by Asgard Go to last post
404 29,499
Art

Unity3D - Discussion V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 50 51 52 53 Last )

Unity3D discussion - go!

39 Minutes Ago
by Aathma Go to last post
2,098 121,374
C++

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 101 102 103 104 Last )

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

1 Hour Ago
by Legend286 Go to last post
4,146 278,892
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #9 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 79 80 81 82 Last )

Since starting a new thread was brought up in the previous thread; and it's now 2015. I thought I'd take initiative and start this new thread. Previous Versions of this thread: - Version 8 - Version 7 - Version 6 - Version 5 - Version 4

benbb Thread has images 2 people are reading this thread x 2
6 Hours Ago
by Giraffen93 Go to last post
3,274 188,960
Work In Progress

GameMaker: Studio discussion ( 2 3 4 Last )

Game maker studio was recently on sale on humble bundle so lets see what everyone is up to, new and old are welcome lets help each other out and show off all the cool things we are making! About GameMaker http://www.yoyogames.com/studio GameMaker:...

8 Hours Ago
by IliekBoxes Go to last post
158 9,667
Beta

What Do You Need Help With? V7 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 96 97 98 99 Last )

Programming related help thread. Version 1 Version 2 Version 3 Version 4 Version 5 Version 6

14 Hours Ago
by Dr Magnusson Go to last post
3,941 143,132
Help

Crowbar Compiling QC Error.

Hi, first of all im Spanish so sorry for my English, il try my best. I got a problem with Crowbar, Crowbar let me compile the QC BUT he gave me an empty MDL file. Why this happens? Here`s The LOG: Compiling with Crowbar 0.34.0.0:...

17 Hours Ago
by kila58 Go to last post
1 75
Question

Dedicated or Hosted

SORRY disregard I am learning how to make scripts and didnt know server side needed a server DISREGARD

17 Hours Ago
by ConnorMcF Go to last post
2 217
Stupid

Pygame engine?

I have learned Python, and I've been looking for a Pygame engine that suits my 2D platformer needs. Godot anyone? I mean, it's not Python per se but it's similar to Python. Or shall I forget everything and learn C# instead?

18 Hours Ago
by Radical_ed Go to last post
2 163
Lua

Question about internal Gmod Lua methods

Browsing Garry's Mod wiki I often encounter a warning about internal functions. ( http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/PANEL/OnStopDragging ). I was wondering is there a reason why it is not recommended to use them? Because I couldn't find working alternative...

1 Day Ago
by siauras Go to last post
2 138
Help

Need someone to put HL2 crosshair into my Portal mod

Hi, Greenyred here and in this thread i wanted to say that i need the Half-Life 2 Crosshair for my Portal mod called "Portal: Last Hope". I tried to ask some people, but some just don't know how and others tried, but failed. So thats why im posting this...

1 Day Ago
by DarkCarnage Go to last post
17 601
Help

Where should I start?

I want to start developing for the source engine, I have no experience but would like to learn. I did a google search and not much came up, where can I start?

2 Days Ago
by All0utWar Go to last post
7 379
Science

Electrical Engineering V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 54 55 56 57 Last )

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post if you're new to the thread, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a rather broad term that can be applied...

2 Days Ago
by pentium Go to last post
2,277 84,445
Help

Web Dev Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 24 25 26 27 Last )

I closed the last thread with the 5001th post, so I figure I should be the one to make the new thread. This is the thread for questions about web dev! If you just want to show off what you've made, just head over to the Web Dev WAYWO thread. If you...

3 Days Ago
by ikermitkiller Go to last post
1,072 66,413
PHP

Framework 3 - My fucked up PHP framework

Framework 3: The Return Of The Splat I decided I didn't want to use any conventional PHP frameworks and straight up decided to write my own. Its a super unique MVC hybrid super easy RESTless supporting feature lacking ( at this current moment )...

5 Days Ago
by GhostKiller Go to last post
5 362
Music

What's your programming soundtrack ( 2 Last )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4yb9T2uCeI maybe don't use media tags because dozens of iframes on one page makes my pc lag :v:

5 Days Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
41 2,060
Release

UnityList - A Better Search for Open Source Unity3D Projects !

I was kind of annoyed browsing projects on GitHub for Unity, so I made this ! Here's the link :

6 Days Ago
by ostur112 Go to last post
9 484
Help

Help with Steam API, Getting Steam ID

I have a little C++ app that links to the steam_api.dll. All I want to do with it is get the 64bit Steam ID of the user currently logged in. I login to the Main Steam App and then, separately, run my C++ program which does the SteamAPI_Init() and then...

1 Week Ago
by bozimmerman Go to last post
0 177
Help

visual studio error C3861 IsBIK identifier not found!

Hello. Im trying to get into modding so I installed the SourceDK and the SoftwareDK from Microsoft + the old Visual Studio 2005 express edition, since i only had the 2015 community edition installed. I followed the instructions that valve provided to...

1 Week Ago
by Nicolas Go to last post
5 251
Humor
1 Week Ago
by Snickerdoodle Go to last post
1,172 137,294
Help

How to make an application that connects to the internet without port forwarding

Im planning to make a simple chat application but all of the socket tutorials and guides i found require you to forward a port. My internet provider doesnt allow me to manually forward ports ( for some reason ) so i cant do that. Is there any other way...

2 Weeks Ago
by Trebgarta Go to last post
3 343
Help

Reverse Engineering FS2013 .i3d.shapes format.

Alright. I've asked this question in WDYNHW a few months ago but it was left unanswered, I've also spent hours on trying with different debuggers and methods of figuring this out but I am at absolute zero progress and thus I've now created this thread. ...

2 Weeks Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
16 3,788
Help

Quick photoshop help request

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right section or not? Their used to be a section for this kind of request but couldn't find since the cleanup... I'm hoping someone could assist me with putting a filter on a photo for me. This is the filter...

2 Weeks Ago
by ENG.jonny Go to last post
4 290
Lua

Understanding this if statement structure

I need help understanding what this if statement is doing if variable then return else Call Function end It's basically saying if variable what then return?

2 Weeks Ago
by code_gs Go to last post
11 446
Lua

Eyetracing and check position on entity

So im making some printer and I cant get the eyetracing to work, im not very good at maths :P How would I go about check if the player is looking at a certain position on the entity and pressing e? Thanks in advance :)

2 Weeks Ago
by MattJeanes Go to last post
2 205
Help

Create an addon to a source based server from scratch (for like CS:S, CS:GO etc.) (Not sourcepawn)

Hello. I've always wondered how you would create an addon from scratch to a source based server. What I mean with source based is a CS:S or CS:GO server etc. I know you can create plugins with sourcemod and it's sourcepawn language, but that doesn't...

3 Weeks Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
7 447
Work In Progress

What are you working on? v64 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last )

Did we all not see that coming? Highlights: none, does anyone feel like going through 125 pages to find highlights? (if for some reason you do or have been collecting them during the thread PM me, I just wanted to get a new thread out and I don't...

3 Weeks Ago
by Nabile13 Go to last post
450 34,169
Games

Need Help Testing a Game.

Hello everybody, need your help to test a game, to see if the basic functions are working. I was making a game where we can explore our PC in a 3D world. We can manipulate files and objects to make our game world. The current setting is that you...

3 Weeks Ago
by hakimhakim Go to last post
16 486
Help

Error at Trouble in Terrorist Town SWep

Hey Guys, I am trying to make my first own SWep but when i start a local host to test it, it gaves me the following error: addons/myweapon/lua/autorun/shared.lua:9: attempt to index global 'SWEP' (a nil value) 1. unknown -...

3 Weeks Ago
by [KX]Wookie953 Go to last post
0 163
Question

What language is this?

So I have been trying to find out what language this is in so I can start to learn it. I dont know why but i have always liked the way that these menus looked and I wanted to make something that looked and worked like it that I could run on my desktop and...

3 Weeks Ago
by nikomo Go to last post
3 705
Help

FastDL - Oversized Map

Alright, I'm creating a StarWarsRP server. The current map is 240 something MBs. So I heard I can FastDL it. I did everything to the spot, the .lua, compressing the map first, etc, and still get a missing map error, as well as other players do. They don't...

3 Weeks Ago
by ColdAvian Go to last post
2 439
Question

Get Player Amount

Hey so im still working on a gamepanel pretty much everything works but im trying to figure out how to get the amount of players on the selected server and display them in a graph (ive already made the graph but working on a way to get the amount of...

3 Weeks Ago
by Zortex Go to last post
0 180
Help

Medkit heal to set health

I run a server where no class has 100 hp they all have 300-9000 hp how can i get a medkit ot heal them back to the set hp. thank you (User was banned for this post ("Wrong sectinon" - Novangel))

3 Weeks Ago
by b0st0n Go to last post
0 208
PHP

[PHP] Steamid64 to Steam-ID Conversion

I have been trying to convert my plain old Steamid64 to an actual Steam-ID using PHP. My Steamid64 is 76561198089870691 and my Steam-ID is STEAM_0:1:64802481 I used this code snippet $communityid = $steamprofile; $authserver = bcsub( $communityid,...

3 Weeks Ago
by zeaga Go to last post
3 470
Help

Horror Error on my DarkRP Server

Hello i have a new Error Write me who can i fix GAMEMODE.Net gamemodes/darkrp/entities/weapons/weapon_ticket_giver.lua:65: attempt to index global 'GM' (a nil value) 1. fnEnter - gamemodes/darkrp/entities/weapons/weapon_ticket_giver.lua:65 ...

4 Weeks Ago
by GermanRP.de Go to last post
3 319
Help

Reverse Engineering help

Im starting to learn how to reverse engineer as its something that looks enjoyed. My issue is im calling GetModuleHandle to get a handle to CSteamworks.dll (A .Net wrapper for the steam api). I used GetProcAddress to get a function to open the steam...

4 Weeks Ago
by cartman300 Go to last post
3 390
Question

what are the essential stages in project management ?

Hi friends, i am a developer & i have been searching for essential stages in project management. Hoping for great support. (User was permabanned for this post ("Bot" - postal))

4 Weeks Ago
by Octopod Go to last post
2 336
Help

DirectX/Direct3D help

Im using C++ and im wondering if I inject a dll or load a dll into a program. Is there a way to get the active direct3d device so I can render to it or do stuff. Im super new to this so I am sorry.

4 Weeks Ago
by 0V3RR1D3 Go to last post
0 191
Help

Htc Vive Mod Commission?

So I am not the best at programming and usually only modify code for myself but I would really like a HTC VIVE Mod. It should be fairly doable, and while it wont work for all mods in the game, all that really needs to be done is track one hand for the...

4 Weeks Ago
by JareCG Go to last post
5 343
Question

How do I get started with QBasic?

I am fairly new to programming in general. What I am looking for now, is a simple language that will allow me to make small and fun projects with it. I figured that QBasic was the right choice because of it's simplicity and the fact that I have...

4 Weeks Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
10 360
Help

A little help in C#?

I'm working on a few projects and was wondering if anybody had any good insights on some features i need to add to them. They are windows forms applications and I'm working in Visual Studio 2015 of course. One project needs a list to be populated from an...

4 Weeks Ago
by thejjokerr Go to last post
7 667
Help

PHP Web Console

Hey Guys recently ive been working on my own gamepanel for my servers but im having some trouble actually making the web console part which i relly want i have tryed multiple ways to display the console.log but nothing seems to work anyone know a way to...

4 Weeks Ago
by FlakTheMighty Go to last post
12 594
Help

Advice on protecting software?

Hello Facepunch, I know this is not a legal counsel but I was wondering if anyone here knows the proper steps when protecting software legally from others. Here is my situation: I am a 16 year old programmer and I made an application that I and...

4 Weeks Ago
2 407
Help

C++ : I don't know what's wrong

This is an attempted solution for Project Euler #17: If the numbers 1 to 5 are written out in words: one, two, three, four, five, then there are 3 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 19 letters used in total. If all the numbers from 1 to 1000 (one thousand) inclusive...

4 Weeks Ago
by Octopod Go to last post
4 685
Help

Ruby programming with loops

here is a problem I've been working on with no help: This problem has its origins in a children's game for learning about division, remainders and fractions. Teachers have schoolchildren sit in a circle, and the person who starts the game says the...

20th June 2016
by brianosaur Go to last post
1 271
Question

Where can I learn assembly?

Is there a way I can learn assembly online for free? I don't necessarily want to learn everything about it, but I want to have a good understanding of the terms used in assembly, the syntax, and what a lot of instructions mean. I don't know if...

17th June 2016
by marvinelo Go to last post
2 390
Beta

Sciolyte - A 3D multiplayer sandbox engine/game with lua-integration, based on Vulkan and bullet physics ( 2 3 4 Last )

This is a project I've been working on over the course of the past couple of years now. First and foremost I'd like to emphasize: This is a very early alpha, unless you're a modder, you most likely won't be getting anything out of this at this point! ...

Silverlan Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Winner x 57
17th June 2016
by Silverlan Go to last post
147 14,905
Help

C++ Source SDK help.

I'v made a DLL that can be injected into a source game. But I have in issue, Inlucding tier1/dbg.h and calling Msg works fine and prints into the console. My issue is if I try to include tier1/interface.h then I constantly get two linker errors. ...

17th June 2016
by 0V3RR1D3 Go to last post
5 484
Poll

Do you know assembly?

Hello Facepunch, If you know assembly, I would love to know which kind, in the comments. x86, x64, ARM, etc. I am getting into the phenomenon which is Assembly, and I just want to take a poll.

16th June 2016
32 2,030
Question

Searching for new project management tools

HI I am looking for some new project management tools like Findnerd where I can manage projects and have a close look on my project details and the work assigned to my team. I hope anybody in this forum can help me in related to the same.

16th June 2016
by Ashish Bisht Go to last post
4 458
PHP

Which is the best programming forums for PHP?

I have been working as a php developer and learning php,web development. I have been searching for best suitable programming forums which help me in learning the latest php techniques. I have searched alot of forums but issue remains the same. I hope any...

16th June 2016
by Ashish Bisht Go to last post
8 747
Question

Customizing Wordpress Theme Directories

Hey everyone. I'm delving into the world of Wordpress, and I'm interested in changing the folder structure. By default, Wordpress searches the root directory of a theme as well as page-templates for overriding PHP files. What I'd like to do is...

15th June 2016
by DanielLee5 Go to last post
1 309
Help

Custom Prop

Hi, I make a prop for a Source Mod. Can I import .mdl file into mod in custom .pak file?

14th June 2016
by Nicolas Go to last post
1 240
Help

Mirror system in Source

What version of Source Engine I should use to see player in the mirror?

14th June 2016
by taz0 Go to last post
3 380
C++

Can you sell a program made with GLEW, GLFW, SFML, or any other OpenGL libraries?

Referring to static linking to the libraries, or distributing them with your program. My assumption is "no" but I'm asking just in case. Bonus points for answering the same question, but for wxWidgets or Qt

13th June 2016
4 739
Help

Please help - Can't figure out how to pass a texture to an HLSL shader (Monogame)

I'm trying to make a distortion shader for water in my game. I have a rendertarget I render everything to, and the water mask, and I'm try to simply capture the pixels underneath the mask, but I can't get it to work. When I pass the textures, it's as if...

10th June 2016
by dylanb5123 Go to last post
0 272
Work In Progress

What are you working on? ( 2 3 4 5 .. 123 124 125 126 Last )

This month's theme is: Nige v63 - January 2016 Highlights from the previous thread: Berkin writes a program to take selfies:

8th June 2016
by elevate Go to last post
5,001 424,216
Computers

How to run ASM x86 that is longer than 512B

Hi guys, I'm working on an assembly project, which is basically making a piano from scratch. I'm using VMWare, asm x86 (16 bits only) and I'm having trouble with the length of my program. As the script must be smaller than 512 bytes (which is the size...

5th June 2016
by Eirheinger Go to last post
12 1,289
Help

How do you create a SVN repository

How do you create an SVN repository? I would like to make this a online SVN repository.

5th June 2016
by Rocket Go to last post
8 482
Help

What is the issue? ( Tap Code Program )

Tap Code is a method of communication by using taps or knocks to signify certain letters. You tap a certain number of times to signify what row the letter is in, then after a pause tap to signify the column. I am attempting to make a program...

4th June 2016
by Klespyrian Go to last post
2 467
PHP

.php?type=1

Hello I am trying to find out how to make example.php to alot of php's just every php has the same name. Lets say there is a example.php that says "Hello" when you enter the site. Lets say you go to the next page then it does this

3rd June 2016
by asciid Go to last post
10 804
PHP

Alternative To PHP Sockets?

Does anyone know of an alternative for PHP sockets? I'm developing a web based donation system that utilizes the Source RCon protocol. Only problem is Bluehost blocks all data going out on all ports except 80 (http) and 443 (https), so using sockets isn't...

3rd June 2016
by MadParakeet Go to last post
6 484
Games

compilling crowbar error: Line 3 is incomplete

when I try to compile my .qc on crowbar I get the following error: Line 3 is incomplete the line is referring to is : $modelname " stereo.mdl " My .QC $modelname "stereo.mdl" $body "stereo.smd" $scale 1

30th May 2016
by taz0 Go to last post
1 449
Rant

BEAR BUGS! Bears are behaving in very unrealistic ways. Very "glitchy."

I have personally witnessed bears who can walk through walls, through doors, through spikes, through traps, etc. and this is very frustrating. If these issues are not easily fixable, then perhaps consider making a no-spawn radius around tool cupboards,...

29th May 2016
by Sylva Go to last post
0 361
NSFW

Terrorism Simulator 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

After the whole drama in the Sinking Simulator thread, the Facepunch programming forum is proud to give you: Terrorism Simulator 2014 version 1.1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (If you wanna run this on OSX, get the source and löve 0.9.0 from...

Maurice Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Winner x 112
28th May 2016
by hakimhakim Go to last post
162 21,019
Lua

Problems with lua_openscript in the console of Gmod

Hey there! Basically, i'll skip to the point. I'm developing ideas using Gmod's lua, and everything was working perfectly, until i tried to use lua_openscript <filename> in the console today. The console command CRASHED my gmod, and doesn't work...

25th May 2016
1 344
Release

Anti Steam Link Filter 1.0

Like the title says, the only purpose of this little tool/patch is to get rid of steams link filter. I'm aware that there is already a solution but its some external process and I would always forget running it, so here is a slightly better solution. ...

22nd May 2016
by Zeh Matt Go to last post
7 821
Love

Your goal

A lot of learners here. Seeing other peoples work can both be inspiring ("Wow, that's so cool! I want to learn Unity and C# so I can do something like that too!") and intimidating ("I'll never be this good; even if I get good I'm still just copy pasting...

20th May 2016
38 1,884
Computers

Best Engine for Simplicity and begginers

What would the best engine be for simpleness and easy to use interface? Would it be something like unity?

20th May 2016
by taz0 Go to last post
14 921
Science

What is you preferred development environment?

What text editors, languages, IDEs, compilers, color schemes, operating systems, version control, RDBMS, or anything else you might feel like sharing do you use most often/are your favorite?

20th May 2016
by Protocol7 Go to last post
19 807
Help

What should I use for a virtual SQL database server?

I have the microsoft SQL server thing but i'm sure there's better options out there, especially options that don't do this to my poor computer: at the very least, i'd like it to be able to host a server on my own computer to play around with it,...

19th May 2016
5 422
Release

Unifrog ( 2 3 4 5 .. 10 11 12 13 Last )

Only YOU can help the Unifrog to travel the universe! Register an account and download the software to start supporting unifrog! - Users - User stats - Achievements - User achievements - Shop - Money system

16th May 2016
by Giraffen93 Go to last post
480 27,060
Stupid

php - LightOpenID Steam Login Return 406 Error

So I've been trying to figure out why the hell LightOpenID returns a 406 error anytime I try using the Steam web API to verify, but I've had no luck. Has anyone else had this problem before? Any glaring issues in my code? The verification system works...

15th May 2016
by nulls Go to last post
2 459
Help

initfs files in Frostbite

Can anyone send me the Python scripts to decrypt the initfs files in Frostbite games? Since bfeditor went down, I can't find them.

14th May 2016
by PlanesFan1 Go to last post
0 342
Help

Jobs and Careers

This thread could be used for any CS related career questions, but really I'm just posting this to ask a specific question: I'm going to school in Richmond, VA next semester, and I would love to get some freelance web dev work to help pay for food....

14th May 2016
by brianosaur Go to last post
7 533
C#

C++ engine to C#, is it a good idea?

Hey. I'd like some input on a decision. I'm building a game engine, and it's currently written in C++. It isn't really a huge effort to convert this to C# but, performance wise, is that a good idea? I am thinking about this because I find C# a more...

14th May 2016
by Sapd Go to last post
9 934
Help

How would I go about connecting a database to a website?

Coming from someone who only knows HTML, CSS, and JS when it comes to making websites, I have actually no clue how to either make a database or connect a website to one. I've tried looking up tutorials but I'm probably not looking correctly since none of...

14th May 2016
by Th3applek1d Go to last post
8 664
Help

Web Programming Help

Hello, I have a static website that has a FAQ section built into it. The FAQ page is set up to where you click on the question and it does a drop down animation revealing the answer to that question. I am trying to figure out a way to make it so it can be...

12th May 2016
by Rekson Go to last post
6 444
Help

Looking for Source Engine programmers.

I'm looking Source Engine programmers for a project. You can contact me here for more info : http://steamcommunity.com/id/CookEZ

9th May 2016
3 506
Help

Html wont connect to the database >:(

So i'm trying to connect to a database and put all the info into a table and I can not get it to work when i load the html page I get this RPName Wallet "; while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { echo ""; echo "" . $row . ""; echo "" . $row . "";...

9th May 2016
by zippy36jr Go to last post
14 605