Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Science

Electrical Engineering V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 53 54 55 56 Last )

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post if you're new to the thread, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a rather broad term that can be applied...

3 Minutes Ago
by Cakebatyr Go to last post
2,217 79,369
Work In Progress

What are you working on? v64 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 7 8 9 10 Last )

Did we all not see that coming? Highlights: none, does anyone feel like going through 125 pages to find highlights? (if for some reason you do or have been collecting them during the thread PM me, I just wanted to get a new thread out and I don't...

6 Minutes Ago
by roastchicken Go to last post
396 26,918
C++

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 99 100 101 102 Last )

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

9 Minutes Ago
by Wayno717 Go to last post
4,063 267,920
Beta

What Do You Need Help With? V7 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 92 93 94 95 Last )

Programming related help thread. Version 1 Version 2 Version 3 Version 4 Version 5 Version 6

23 Hours Ago
by RockyTV Go to last post
3,777 135,038
Help

Web Dev Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 23 24 25 26 Last )

I closed the last thread with the 5001th post, so I figure I should be the one to make the new thread. This is the thread for questions about web dev! If you just want to show off what you've made, just head over to the Web Dev WAYWO thread. If you...

2 Days Ago
by RockyTV Go to last post
1,009 63,884
Help

Horror Error on my DarkRP Server

Hello i have a new Error Write me who can i fix GAMEMODE.Net gamemodes/darkrp/entities/weapons/weapon_ticket_giver.lua:65: attempt to index global 'GM' (a nil value) 1. fnEnter - gamemodes/darkrp/entities/weapons/weapon_ticket_giver.lua:65 ...

2 Days Ago
by GermanRP.de Go to last post
3 166
PHP

[PHP] Steamid64 to Steam-ID Conversion

I have been trying to convert my plain old Steamid64 to an actual Steam-ID using PHP. My Steamid64 is 76561198089870691 and my Steam-ID is STEAM_0:1:64802481 I used this code snippet $communityid = $steamprofile; $authserver = bcsub( $communityid,...

2 Days Ago
by Shadaez Go to last post
2 197
Art

Unity3D - Discussion V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 47 48 49 50 Last )

Unity3D discussion - go!

2 Days Ago
by TheGoodDoctorF Go to last post
1,991 113,794
Help

Reverse Engineering help

Im starting to learn how to reverse engineer as its something that looks enjoyed. My issue is im calling GetModuleHandle to get a handle to CSteamworks.dll (A .Net wrapper for the steam api). I used GetProcAddress to get a function to open the steam...

3 Days Ago
by cartman300 Go to last post
3 240
Question

what are the essential stages in project management ?

Hi friends, i am a developer & i have been searching for essential stages in project management. Hoping for great support. (User was permabanned for this post ("Bot" - postal))

3 Days Ago
by Octopod Go to last post
2 186
Help

DirectX/Direct3D help

Im using C++ and im wondering if I inject a dll or load a dll into a program. Is there a way to get the active direct3d device so I can render to it or do stuff. Im super new to this so I am sorry.

3 Days Ago
by 0V3RR1D3 Go to last post
0 81
Help

Htc Vive Mod Commission?

So I am not the best at programming and usually only modify code for myself but I would really like a HTC VIVE Mod. It should be fairly doable, and while it wont work for all mods in the game, all that really needs to be done is track one hand for the...

3 Days Ago
by JareCG Go to last post
5 201
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #9 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 79 80 81 82 Last )

Since starting a new thread was brought up in the previous thread; and it's now 2015. I thought I'd take initiative and start this new thread. Previous Versions of this thread: - Version 8 - Version 7 - Version 6 - Version 5 - Version 4

4 Days Ago
by johnnyaka Go to last post
3,249 185,439
Question

How do I get started with QBasic?

I am fairly new to programming in general. What I am looking for now, is a simple language that will allow me to make small and fun projects with it. I figured that QBasic was the right choice because of it's simplicity and the fact that I have...

5 Days Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
10 230
Humor
5 Days Ago
by gokiyono Go to last post
1,171 134,968
Help

A little help in C#?

I'm working on a few projects and was wondering if anybody had any good insights on some features i need to add to them. They are windows forms applications and I'm working in Visual Studio 2015 of course. One project needs a list to be populated from an...

neonwhite 1 people are reading this thread x 1
6 Days Ago
by thejjokerr Go to last post
7 514
Help

PHP Web Console

Hey Guys recently ive been working on my own gamepanel for my servers but im having some trouble actually making the web console part which i relly want i have tryed multiple ways to display the console.log but nothing seems to work anyone know a way to...

6 Days Ago
by FlakTheMighty Go to last post
12 432
Help

Advice on protecting software?

Hello Facepunch, I know this is not a legal counsel but I was wondering if anyone here knows the proper steps when protecting software legally from others. Here is my situation: I am a 16 year old programmer and I made an application that I and...

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
2 302
Help

C++ : I don't know what's wrong

This is an attempted solution for Project Euler #17: If the numbers 1 to 5 are written out in words: one, two, three, four, five, then there are 3 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 19 letters used in total. If all the numbers from 1 to 1000 (one thousand) inclusive...

1 Week Ago
by Octopod Go to last post
4 560
Help

Ruby programming with loops

here is a problem I've been working on with no help: This problem has its origins in a children's game for learning about division, remainders and fractions. Teachers have schoolchildren sit in a circle, and the person who starts the game says the...

1 Week Ago
by brianosaur Go to last post
1 174
Question

Where can I learn assembly?

Is there a way I can learn assembly online for free? I don't necessarily want to learn everything about it, but I want to have a good understanding of the terms used in assembly, the syntax, and what a lot of instructions mean. I don't know if...

1 Week Ago
by marvinelo Go to last post
2 281
Beta

Sciolyte - A 3D multiplayer sandbox engine/game with lua-integration, based on Vulkan and bullet physics ( 2 3 4 Last )

This is a project I've been working on over the course of the past couple of years now. First and foremost I'd like to emphasize: This is a very early alpha, unless you're a modder, you most likely won't be getting anything out of this at this point! ...

1 Week Ago
by Silverlan Go to last post
147 14,282
Help

C++ Source SDK help.

I'v made a DLL that can be injected into a source game. But I have in issue, Inlucding tier1/dbg.h and calling Msg works fine and prints into the console. My issue is if I try to include tier1/interface.h then I constantly get two linker errors. ...

1 Week Ago
by 0V3RR1D3 Go to last post
5 366
Help

SQL server

I get the following error messages when an application submits a query: Msg 605, Level 21, State 3, Line 1 Attempt to fetch logical page (1:224) in database 11 failed. It belongs to allocation unit 72058253744865280 not to 72057594040287232 What’s...

1 Week Ago
2 203
Poll

Do you know assembly?

Hello Facepunch, If you know assembly, I would love to know which kind, in the comments. x86, x64, ARM, etc. I am getting into the phenomenon which is Assembly, and I just want to take a poll.

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
32 1,809
Question

Searching for new project management tools

HI I am looking for some new project management tools like Findnerd where I can manage projects and have a close look on my project details and the work assigned to my team. I hope anybody in this forum can help me in related to the same.

1 Week Ago
by Ashish Bisht Go to last post
4 349
PHP

Which is the best programming forums for PHP?

I have been working as a php developer and learning php,web development. I have been searching for best suitable programming forums which help me in learning the latest php techniques. I have searched alot of forums but issue remains the same. I hope any...

1 Week Ago
by Ashish Bisht Go to last post
8 600
Question

Customizing Wordpress Theme Directories

Hey everyone. I'm delving into the world of Wordpress, and I'm interested in changing the folder structure. By default, Wordpress searches the root directory of a theme as well as page-templates for overriding PHP files. What I'd like to do is...

1 Week Ago
by DanielLee5 Go to last post
1 208
Help

Custom Prop

Hi, I make a prop for a Source Mod. Can I import .mdl file into mod in custom .pak file?

1 Week Ago
by Nicolas Go to last post
1 144
Help

Mirror system in Source

What version of Source Engine I should use to see player in the mirror?

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
3 276
C++

Can you sell a program made with GLEW, GLFW, SFML, or any other OpenGL libraries?

Referring to static linking to the libraries, or distributing them with your program. My assumption is "no" but I'm asking just in case. Bonus points for answering the same question, but for wxWidgets or Qt

2 Weeks Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
4 606
Question

What language is this?

So I have been trying to find out what language this is in so I can start to learn it. I dont know why but i have always liked the way that these menus looked and I wanted to make something that looked and worked like it that I could run on my desktop and...

2 Weeks Ago
by helifreak Go to last post
1 348
Help

Please help - Can't figure out how to pass a texture to an HLSL shader (Monogame)

I'm trying to make a distortion shader for water in my game. I have a rendertarget I render everything to, and the water mask, and I'm try to simply capture the pixels underneath the mask, but I can't get it to work. When I pass the textures, it's as if...

2 Weeks Ago
by dylanb5123 Go to last post
0 177
Work In Progress

What are you working on? ( 2 3 4 5 .. 123 124 125 126 Last )

This month's theme is: Nige v63 - January 2016 Highlights from the previous thread: Berkin writes a program to take selfies:

2 Weeks Ago
by elevate Go to last post
5,001 419,620
Computers

How to run ASM x86 that is longer than 512B

Hi guys, I'm working on an assembly project, which is basically making a piano from scratch. I'm using VMWare, asm x86 (16 bits only) and I'm having trouble with the length of my program. As the script must be smaller than 512 bytes (which is the size...

3 Weeks Ago
by Eirheinger Go to last post
12 1,140
Help

How do you create a SVN repository

How do you create an SVN repository? I would like to make this a online SVN repository.

3 Weeks Ago
by Rocket Go to last post
8 373
Help

What is the issue? ( Tap Code Program )

Tap Code is a method of communication by using taps or knocks to signify certain letters. You tap a certain number of times to signify what row the letter is in, then after a pause tap to signify the column. I am attempting to make a program...

3 Weeks Ago
by Klespyrian Go to last post
2 350
PHP

.php?type=1

Hello I am trying to find out how to make example.php to alot of php's just every php has the same name. Lets say there is a example.php that says "Hello" when you enter the site. Lets say you go to the next page then it does this

3 Weeks Ago
by asciid Go to last post
10 683
PHP

Alternative To PHP Sockets?

Does anyone know of an alternative for PHP sockets? I'm developing a web based donation system that utilizes the Source RCon protocol. Only problem is Bluehost blocks all data going out on all ports except 80 (http) and 443 (https), so using sockets isn't...

3 Weeks Ago
by MadParakeet Go to last post
6 362
Help

FastDL - Oversized Map

Alright, I'm creating a StarWarsRP server. The current map is 240 something MBs. So I heard I can FastDL it. I did everything to the spot, the .lua, compressing the map first, etc, and still get a missing map error, as well as other players do. They don't...

3 Weeks Ago
by code_gs Go to last post
1 252
Games

compilling crowbar error: Line 3 is incomplete

when I try to compile my .qc on crowbar I get the following error: Line 3 is incomplete the line is referring to is : $modelname " stereo.mdl " My .QC $modelname "stereo.mdl" $body "stereo.smd" $scale 1

4 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
1 353
Rant

BEAR BUGS! Bears are behaving in very unrealistic ways. Very "glitchy."

I have personally witnessed bears who can walk through walls, through doors, through spikes, through traps, etc. and this is very frustrating. If these issues are not easily fixable, then perhaps consider making a no-spawn radius around tool cupboards,...

4 Weeks Ago
by Sylva Go to last post
0 263
NSFW

Terrorism Simulator 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

After the whole drama in the Sinking Simulator thread, the Facepunch programming forum is proud to give you: Terrorism Simulator 2014 version 1.1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (If you wanna run this on OSX, get the source and löve 0.9.0 from...

Maurice Thread has images Winner x 111
4 Weeks Ago
by hakimhakim Go to last post
162 20,292
Work In Progress

GameMaker: Studio discussion ( 2 3 4 Last )

Game maker studio was recently on sale on humble bundle so lets see what everyone is up to, new and old are welcome lets help each other out and show off all the cool things we are making! About GameMaker http://www.yoyogames.com/studio GameMaker:...

4 Weeks Ago
by Gamaz Go to last post
155 9,271
Lua

Problems with lua_openscript in the console of Gmod

Hey there! Basically, i'll skip to the point. I'm developing ideas using Gmod's lua, and everything was working perfectly, until i tried to use lua_openscript <filename> in the console today. The console command CRASHED my gmod, and doesn't work...

4 Weeks Ago
1 245
Release

Anti Steam Link Filter 1.0

Like the title says, the only purpose of this little tool/patch is to get rid of steams link filter. I'm aware that there is already a solution but its some external process and I would always forget running it, so here is a slightly better solution. ...

22nd May 2016
by Zeh Matt Go to last post
7 668
Love

Your goal

A lot of learners here. Seeing other peoples work can both be inspiring ("Wow, that's so cool! I want to learn Unity and C# so I can do something like that too!") and intimidating ("I'll never be this good; even if I get good I'm still just copy pasting...

20th May 2016
38 1,745
Computers

Best Engine for Simplicity and begginers

What would the best engine be for simpleness and easy to use interface? Would it be something like unity?

20th May 2016
by taz0 Go to last post
14 812
Science

What is you preferred development environment?

What text editors, languages, IDEs, compilers, color schemes, operating systems, version control, RDBMS, or anything else you might feel like sharing do you use most often/are your favorite?

20th May 2016
by Protocol7 Go to last post
19 629
Help

What should I use for a virtual SQL database server?

I have the microsoft SQL server thing but i'm sure there's better options out there, especially options that don't do this to my poor computer: at the very least, i'd like it to be able to host a server on my own computer to play around with it,...

19th May 2016
5 314
Release

Unifrog ( 2 3 4 5 .. 10 11 12 13 Last )

Only YOU can help the Unifrog to travel the universe! Register an account and download the software to start supporting unifrog! - Users - User stats - Achievements - User achievements - Shop - Money system

16th May 2016
by Giraffen93 Go to last post
480 26,760
Stupid

php - LightOpenID Steam Login Return 406 Error

So I've been trying to figure out why the hell LightOpenID returns a 406 error anytime I try using the Steam web API to verify, but I've had no luck. Has anyone else had this problem before? Any glaring issues in my code? The verification system works...

15th May 2016
by nulls Go to last post
2 346
Help

initfs files in Frostbite

Can anyone send me the Python scripts to decrypt the initfs files in Frostbite games? Since bfeditor went down, I can't find them.

14th May 2016
by PlanesFan1 Go to last post
0 249
Help

Jobs and Careers

This thread could be used for any CS related career questions, but really I'm just posting this to ask a specific question: I'm going to school in Richmond, VA next semester, and I would love to get some freelance web dev work to help pay for food....

14th May 2016
7 436
C#

C++ engine to C#, is it a good idea?

Hey. I'd like some input on a decision. I'm building a game engine, and it's currently written in C++. It isn't really a huge effort to convert this to C# but, performance wise, is that a good idea? I am thinking about this because I find C# a more...

14th May 2016
by Sapd Go to last post
9 811
Help

How would I go about connecting a database to a website?

Coming from someone who only knows HTML, CSS, and JS when it comes to making websites, I have actually no clue how to either make a database or connect a website to one. I've tried looking up tutorials but I'm probably not looking correctly since none of...

14th May 2016
by Th3applek1d Go to last post
8 564
Help

Web Programming Help

Hello, I have a static website that has a FAQ section built into it. The FAQ page is set up to where you click on the question and it does a drop down animation revealing the answer to that question. I am trying to figure out a way to make it so it can be...

12th May 2016
by Rekson Go to last post
6 359
Help

Looking for Source Engine programmers.

I'm looking Source Engine programmers for a project. You can contact me here for more info : http://steamcommunity.com/id/CookEZ

9th May 2016
3 406
Help

Html wont connect to the database >:(

So i'm trying to connect to a database and put all the info into a table and I can not get it to work when i load the html page I get this RPName Wallet "; while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { echo ""; echo "" . $row . ""; echo "" . $row . "";...

9th May 2016
by zippy36jr Go to last post
14 508
Question

HTML, CSS, JQuery, Javascript; Books

Been wanting to get into some web development and I was wondering if any of you here have read these two books here, if you have I would love to know what you think on them! Thanks!

8th May 2016
23 809
Help

C++ Help: I have no idea why this code doesn't work [ Project Euler ]

SOLVED (now I feel dumb) I am currently working on running through the Project Euler problems. This code is for Problem # 7: " By listing the first six prime numbers: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11 and 13, we can see that the 6th prime is 13. What is the...

7th May 2016
6 409
Music

What's your programming soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4yb9T2uCeI maybe don't use media tags because dozens of iframes on one page makes my pc lag :v:

6th May 2016
by rymn Go to last post
28 1,260
Help

Recompile headers for linux

Sorry, I was using the wrong term, i'm using windows server and i'm moving it to linux and i'm using gmod dll's for windows and I would use the public linux ones, but there are none of them. Because of that I would like to know how could I make the dll...

6th May 2016
7 532
PHP

What should I use for a webserver's backend?

Im pretty new to web development, I made a website a while ago (A giveaway one) that was done using PHP but I dont think PHP can do what I need it to. I Have a game that is multiplayer but I want to match people on the website (Kind of like how faceit.com...

3rd May 2016
6 489
Lua

Change ACT_RUN to ACT_RUN_RIFLE

Hi! I have little problem. My NPC have animation ACT_RUN and ACT_RUN_RIFLE (i can change activity because i port model) and i want that on event he use ACT_RUN_RIFLE as ACT_RUN activity. Is it possible? Or i must change run with guns animation activity? ...

27th April 2016
by IAmError Go to last post
0 329
Help

Source SDK 2013: Crossbow sound/spark bug

I'm currently working on an open-source mod that has the goal of completely fixing Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, and adding some additional features, such as support for the maps from Adrenaline Gamer 2 (which has unfortunately died, and the source never...

26th April 2016
by Mossj32 Go to last post
3 460
Help

LUA Errors when "TakeDamage" is Called on a Server (Gmod Swep)

When on a multi-player server in Gmod, a lua error occurs whenever my swep is used. The error in question: lua/weapons/amandatodd.lua:216: attempt to call method 'TakeDamage' (a nil value) 1. unknown - lua/weapons/amandatodd.lua:216 The code...

26th April 2016
by Suspicious Go to last post
0 263
Hobbies

Crypotgraphy challenge

This puzzle is an unsolveable encryption. To figure it out, you must find the key. Here's a hint: the key has no spaces or punctuation.

25th April 2016
38 1,696
Help

Lua code ConCommand play sound help!

well I'm trying to do this... concommand.Add( "play90s", function( ply, cmd, args, str ) print( ply:Nick(), cmd ) PrintTable( args ) then sound.PlayFile( "addons\taunts\90s.wav", "", function( station ) if ( IsValid( station ) )...

24th April 2016
1 260
Help

What would be good C# Engine/Library for me?

Hey! So i want to start C# (I have java and lua experience) and create 3d game. (I have done it in java but i think java sucks now) I have been looking and found OpenTK with SFML, but i'm not sure if i should use them. I need some libraries for...

22nd April 2016
by Radical_ed Go to last post
11 727
Help

gcap more than 1 group permission

Hi, i'm trying to make gcap so more than 1 person can actually use it the original code is CAP.allowance = { = true, } this is the code i tried but didn't work i have no idea what i'm doing CAP.allowance = { = true, }

21st April 2016
by dazholmes Go to last post
2 278
Help

Random access violations with latest Source Engine MP SDK

"Unhandled exception at 0xC0B60FFF in hl2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0xC0B60FFF." Happens on level change, disconnect and game exiting. Apparently caused by this line of code: ...

20th April 2016
by The Yiffy Fox Go to last post
0 320
C++

Do you need help in source engine?

I have experience about mapping and programing in source engine, if you needed i would like to help you as far as i can

17th April 2016
by Mossj32 Go to last post
14 874
Request

Could someone finish this maxscript?

I'm not sure if I put this thread in the correct section, so tell me if I didn't. This probably is a lot to ask for (I'm not totally sure though because I know absolutely nothing about scripting) but could someone finish this maxscript for importing...

15th April 2016
by Sc4recroW Go to last post
1 348
Help

Searching for an experienced coder to develop my server after my instructions

Hello we are searching a developer for our Harry Potter thamed DarkRP based serious roleplay server. Trying to finda good coder for a long-term partnership who can solve problems creatively, and create high quality , optimized content for us. We have...

14th April 2016
by AtomiCal Go to last post
29 960
Help

Mysql-Server on Ubuntu 14.04

Okay, so pardon me if this is in the wrong section, but I figure this is the closest to relevant section. Also pardon any poor grammar as I've been up all night trying to solve this issue. I am trying to install mysql-server-5.5 on Ubuntu 14.04, but no...

12th April 2016
3 299
C++

Need help fiding header files for program

Hello, I've been trying to compile a c++ dll from source code that I found, but it says I need a few header files to complete the program. I've been searching, but I can't seem to find them. Does anyone know where I can find them, or does anyone happen to...

12th April 2016
2 302
Games

So I made my first android app.

Hello, I made my first android app as an Indie 17 years old developer. I would like you to try it but since advertising is not allowed I have to ask first. Can I please post the app so ppl can try it and give me some suggestions ? Thank you!

11th April 2016
by Martin951 Go to last post
12 580
Hobbies

Looking for other programmers for a stealth shooter

Introduction I'm looking for two-to-three coders interested in developing a stealth-focused shooter. The combat of the game should resemble Hotline Miami in terms of ruthlessness. Barring the fundamental mechanics, you have a large amount of creative...

10th April 2016
by chimitos Go to last post
3 574
School

Game ideas for my Diploma graduation project

Hey, I have 6 months to make a Tool or a Videogame in an Engine of my choice, I think i will use Unity or Monogame, Unreal is not an Option because i dont want to wait 10 mins everytime my Code compiles and blueprints are not going to get rated. I...

9th April 2016
by nuttyboffin Go to last post
4 612