Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
C++

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 119 120 121 122 Last )

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

2 Minutes Ago
by NitronikALT Go to last post
4,847 335,077
Help

Trying to use Javascript to read a constantly updating text file.

I have a python script that updates my output.txt file every 2 seconds. I'm able to output the txt file data to a webpage but for some reason it will not update until I restart the server. What I'm trying to do is have the webpage update the output.txt...

aNTohnEE 1 people are reading this thread x 1
58 Minutes Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
10 323
Art

Unity3D - Discussion V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 56 57 58 59 Last )

Unity3D discussion - go!

2 Hours Ago
by Jessey Go to last post
2,347 147,137
Help

Web Dev Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 31 32 33 34 Last )

I closed the last thread with the 5001th post, so I figure I should be the one to make the new thread. This is the thread for questions about web dev! If you just want to show off what you've made, just head over to the Web Dev WAYWO thread. If you...

4 Hours Ago
by Coment Go to last post
1,321 76,722
C++

What are you working on? v65 - July 2016 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 75 76 77 78 Last )

We're back to monthlies! Let's make July a productive month! Releases from last month ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Prime Climb - Google Play GIBZ - Melee Update - Steam Thought this might be fun to do - list all releases of the past month. I only just...

8 Hours Ago
by war_man333 Go to last post
3,106 209,256
Beta

What Do You Need Help With? V7 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 113 114 115 116 Last )

Programming related help thread. Version 1 Version 2 Version 3 Version 4 Version 5 Version 6

8 Hours Ago
by 343N Go to last post
4,629 174,659
Help

Help me quit my day job as soon as possible

Sup devs, I hope this is an appropriate topic. Basically, I only bring in about $2k a month from my day job (hairstylist) but at the moment I need it to pay my expensive San Diego rent. The thing is, I'm in love with game development and I'm pretty sure I...

Rome 2 people are reading this thread x 2
23 Hours Ago
by Shirky Go to last post
13 934
Help

Html! CSS

SOLVED

Gr8Us3r 1 people are reading this thread x 1
1 Day Ago
by Evanstr Go to last post
10 194
Question

sql database issue

One of my sql databases via SQL Server 2008 R2 denied to open and showed an error - The header for file 'xxxx.mdf' is not a valid database file header. I haven't seen such errors before. Does someone know how to repair sql mdf?

1 Day Ago
by stumbleu80 Go to last post
2 176
Question

Looking to Learn C++

Hi, I'm looking to learn C++ as you can see from the title. I've tried to use text books to learn but it doesn't work out well. Does anyone know of some hands one ways to learn C++? Any help is greatly appreciated!

MexicanR 1 people are reading this thread x 1
1 Day Ago
by CarLuver69 Go to last post
5 278
Shitpost

Write the Above Code in a Different Language, but Harder to Read (Tennis)

Hopefully this goes better than the last time I tried to make a forum game, but let's see if I learned from my mistakes. Here's how the game works: We start off with starter code that does a certain job in a certain language. What you have to do is...

1 Day Ago
by gman003-main Go to last post
23 988
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #9 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 89 90 91 92 Last )

Since starting a new thread was brought up in the previous thread; and it's now 2015. I thought I'd take initiative and start this new thread. Previous Versions of this thread: - Version 8 - Version 7 - Version 6 - Version 5 - Version 4

2 Days Ago
by PortalGod Go to last post
3,677 215,784
Humor
3 Days Ago
by eirexe Go to last post
1,211 148,458
Science

Electrical Engineering V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 62 63 64 65 Last )

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post if you're new to the thread, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a rather broad term that can be applied...

3 Days Ago
by papkee Go to last post
2,572 107,952
Help

Visual studio Error

Hey Everyone Recently I've Created a Visual Studio Project using c#, Everything is going fine and its looking good, Except I've Encountered this error 3 times and had to Redo the whole Main Form If i press ignore and continue it resets my Designer,...

4 Days Ago
by Zortex Go to last post
3 134
Question

Staff Announcement Platform

Hey there :D ! This is my first post on this forum, that has helped me a lot (as a guest, I registered today). First of all, sorry if I commit any grammatical, ortographical or any other type of mystake, English is not my first language (Is Spanish) so I...

5 Days Ago
by WeedLua Go to last post
2 159
Help

C Tracing Help!

I have a final in a little under two weeks and can squeeze an A if I manage to get the nasty trace question correct along with 50% on the rest of the final excluding the nasty trace. The professor provided a study guide (that isn't what the exact question...

6 Days Ago
by Sexy Frog Go to last post
0 140
Help

What should you do if your post in the "What do you need help with" has been buried?

Sometimes when i post in the "What do you need help with" Megathread my questions get buried. What is "allowed" to be done when something like that happens? Can i just repost it or do i have to snip the old post or something? I really dont want to do...

1 Week Ago
by war_man333 Go to last post
5 262
Games

For gamedev, how to have a precise physics/timing loop without locking framerate?

This is kind of a conceptual question that I tried asking myself but still don't fully understand. So as you may or may not know, many games that feature precise platforming, logic, or etc. tend to lock their games at 60fps or something similar to...

1 Week Ago
by Philly c Go to last post
2 425
Beta

Sciolyte - A 3D multiplayer sandbox engine/game with lua-integration, based on Vulkan and bullet physics ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

This is a project I've been working on over the course of the past couple of years now. First and foremost I'd like to emphasize: This is a very early alpha, unless you're a modder, you most likely won't be getting anything out of this at this point! ...

Silverlan Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Winner x 60
1 Week Ago
by Map in a box Go to last post
197 22,754
Question

Want to learn more about computational geometry

I want to learn more about computational geometry, I understand the basics of shaders, meshes, vertices, etc. but I don't really feel like I have a good command of them. I don't really know where to start when getting into stuff like procedural mesh...

1 Week Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
8 468
Help

[PROBLEM] Variable setting on server but not on client.

Hey there, I've been making an addon and I made an 'app loader' so it gets all the files in a certain directory and loads/run them to add the app in a table to finally display it all the apps later on. But I've come up to a problem. On the server (on...

2 Weeks Ago
by RobertLP Go to last post
2 180
Help

I need help adding zoom to swep I made

I'm not completely sure and I wanted to know, my question as resolved and I wanted to know how to delete it so it won't bother people...

2 Weeks Ago
by alemismun Go to last post
0 155
Work In Progress

GameMaker: Studio discussion ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

Game maker studio was recently on sale on humble bundle so lets see what everyone is up to, new and old are welcome lets help each other out and show off all the cool things we are making! About GameMaker http://www.yoyogames.com/studio GameMaker:...

3 Weeks Ago
by Wave160 Go to last post
178 12,168
Help

C++ : I don't know what's wrong

This is an attempted solution for Project Euler #17: If the numbers 1 to 5 are written out in words: one, two, three, four, five, then there are 3 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 19 letters used in total. If all the numbers from 1 to 1000 (one thousand) inclusive...

3 Weeks Ago
by Niteshifter Go to last post
7 1,402
Help

Using Titanfall's source engine platform for a Gmod like purpose

So. Probably a dumb question. I can't really know that myself though. Can we somehow use Titanfall's 1 or even 2's version of the source engine and create a Gmod like application? So Bigger maps and Better Graphics. I am truly sorry if it's a "dumb"...

3 Weeks Ago
by Megalan Go to last post
6 661
Help

Help: Error code trying to find primes

I am currently working on a Project Euler problem involving finding primes. I am coding in C++ The error I get is: "The program ' Current.exe' has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409)." I am currently using Visual Studio Express 2013 (...

3 Weeks Ago
by WTF Nuke Go to last post
3 223
Games

Making Certain ULX Ranks To Drive?

Hey! So i was wondering how to make it so only certain ULX ranks can drive certain types of WAC helicopters? If so, please reply how. Sincerely, Elite Producer (User was banned for this post ("Wrong section" - Novangel))

3 Weeks Ago
by foszor Go to last post
1 224
Help

Reverse Engineering and stuff

Hey guys. This maybe a really silly thing to be asking about but I have always had a real interest in reverse engineers but always kinda stayed away because I didn't know what I was doing. I tried a little bit of playing around a while ago but nothing...

4 Weeks Ago
by MexicanR Go to last post
6 619
Post Your

Where do I exactly learn to code huds and f4menus for DarkRP servers?

Where do I exactly learn to code huds and f4menus for DarkRP servers? If people could post links down below that would be awesome.

4 Weeks Ago
by JohnnyOnFlame Go to last post
7 490
Help

Best Way to Communicate Between 2 Raspberry Pi's Over the Internet?

So someone has suggested to me previously to use Socket.io to communicate between Pi's over a local network and I got it to work successfully. Now I'd like to know (and if it's doable in a couple weeks) if I can have them communicate in a similar way...

4 Weeks Ago
by aNTohnEE Go to last post
11 624
Art

What's your color scheme ( 2 Last )

I use seoul 256 dark https://github.com/junegunn/seoul256.vim

4 Weeks Ago
by Stonecycle Go to last post
53 1,991
Question

Black Mesa Zombie Mod

Hello, I really like the game Black Mesa.I Really want to add a zombie mod in multiplayer. The same mod as in garry's mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105462463. Could you help me with this?

2nd November 2016
by Cryoshell Go to last post
0 248
Help

[Xenforo] Question Regarding Background

Hello! Xenforo newbie here. I don't know if this is the correct forum but It's better to put it here then in General Discussion I suppose. Regardless I have a question that the title basically put in a nutshell, how do you go about adding a background...

28th October 2016
by Clunky Go to last post
25 694
Games

From Dust Hook (with level editor)

You guys remember From Dust, that silly game that came out in 2011? It had an amazing concept behind it, with such an advanced physics engine. I thought it was a real shame Ubisoft never released the level editor. So here I am, I've been reverse...

Grayman Winner x 39
26th October 2016
by Way2Evil Go to last post
10 2,631
Help

Help with database setup

Hey, anyone able to help? I looked on a site that's called one.com. However we realised that we couldn't program and write our own code for the website, we could only click and drag and make the website with. We have looked at Python host, is...

26th October 2016
by proboardslol Go to last post
3 260
Help

To what extent should I design an open-source project before any code?

when making solo github projects, i tend to code from my head rather than from something i designed beforehand. now since this next project will likely be worked on by multiple people, i figure it would be good to design the project a little bit before...

25th October 2016
by brianosaur Go to last post
7 493
Rant

Why stackoverflows votesystem is bad

EDIT: ------------------------------------------ I have been called out on my mistakes and i can accept them. So this post is just a wast of time at this point. Sorry for wasting your guys time ------------------------------- Holy s***t i cant stand...

24th October 2016
by MoustacheSpy Go to last post
9 676
Question

Website Design: Is it good to build/rebuild static pages from dynamic content?

To preface this, this is for a website I'm making to host plugins for the Clockwork gamemode on Garry's Mod. The website would be folder based, and let's say the plugins would fall under this directory: /plugin/list/all Some examples:...

20th October 2016
by _RJ_ Go to last post
14 838
Help

Just Reg Lua

I was making a better tonumber function. now when i try to find a . in a string it always returns 1 print( string.find( "this is text...", ".") ) output = 1 I need help

19th October 2016
3 357
Music

What's your programming soundtrack ( 2 Last )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4yb9T2uCeI maybe don't use media tags because dozens of iframes on one page makes my pc lag :v:

17th October 2016
45 3,088
Lua

[Hiring] Garry's Mod Dayz

Currently I am starting a new Garry's Mod Dayz server and looking for developers. This will not be full time just a developer to setup and maybe make a couple addons. Payment will be via Paypal.

15th October 2016
by nuttyboffin Go to last post
7 854
Question

Using ASP.NET to Communicate to C#

I have a Steam bot that I've made using C# and I decided that I would like to integrate it into my website so that I could send messages to people when "x" happens on the site. My problem is that I don't know enough about C# or ASP.NET to accomplish this,...

14th October 2016
10 640
Lua

Prop charcter Z-axis fix?

Is it possible to lower this prop so that it's closer to the ground and not in the air when you change into it?

12th October 2016
by code_gs Go to last post
1 375
School

Oldschool Game Development

So Unity is cool and shit, but I think that oldschool game dev is even cooler. Watching videos like DYKG, I often see the stuff that game devs 20 years ago used to have to deal with or get around or find a clever solution to in order to make games. So,...

10th October 2016
by initrd Go to last post
8 879
Love

Facepunch Programming is the best programming community on the internet

I love this forum because it's big enough that it's consistently active every day, but small enough that I know most of your usernames by heart. Stack overflow is too large to feel as if anyone could help me, 4chan /g/'s solution to everything is...

9th October 2016
by HumbleTH Go to last post
10 969
Post Your

(real) Ideas guy thread

Okay so that last thread was satire. In this thread, talk about ideas you've had for games, apps, websites, etc. that seem either out of your skill range or too much work to justify actually doing. I'll start: --- There's a visual novel called...

7th October 2016
by RasmusG5 Go to last post
8 913
Help

when aiming player

i am making gamemode when you aim other player you see his player name how to remove that text so if someone is hiding he cant be spotted

5th October 2016
2 372
Poll

Best place to start/learn programming/game design.

Ever since I played my first video game I was like "I wanna make these." So I am wondering where is the best place to learn programming and game design on the Internet the programming languages I'm looking at is c++ and c# which looks pretty cool c#...

4th October 2016
by YeTenszi Go to last post
3 485
C++

What are great books/articles for making a 3d engine off a 2d library

Hey. I want to learn how to make a software based 3d engine ( with graphics similar to the n64 ) like they did way back when. I don't want to use any libs that are already able to display 3D shapes ( direct x and opengl or open3D for example). For...

4th October 2016
by YeTenszi Go to last post
21 718
C++

Vector processing library ( TSP )

For someone, who want to have some fun with 3D vectors, I've developed 3D vector management class: https://github.com/dvdvideo1234/TSP I was able to do ballistic application when applying gravity, air resistance, wind deviation and all that neat...

4th October 2016
by dvd_video Go to last post
0 398
Question

Bored, what should I do

So I'm quite bored and don't know what to do. What should I code with PHP, MySQL, and HTML? thanks

3rd October 2016
by foszor Go to last post
13 879
Question

Re-creating a simple black gradient

I want to have the same black gradient affect on my website as the one shown in the picture below, can anyone explain or tell me where to start?

1st October 2016
by Shadaez Go to last post
3 482
Lua

Need Lua Net help.

-- is there a reason why the function for my gui does not load. useing net AddCSLuaFile() ENT.Base = "base_anim" ENT.Type = "anim"

1st October 2016
by KnowHow Go to last post
0 342
Help

Need Help. trying to make player float downwards with free movement while floating down.

Well as you guys read in the description I am new to the gmod lua and i was wondering if theres a simple way to make a player float down and is able to move freely while floating down. I tried multiple ways but my player always ends up floating upwards :p...

30th September 2016
by TidesVI Go to last post
2 376
Help

First time programming powershell, need help.

Hey, so my boss just gave me a job as an IT trainee, i need to make a script that would enable me to disable the user from active directory users database and after 2 weeks disable his email. So i have a working template on the script of how to get the...

29th September 2016
by RazorsharpLT Go to last post
27 1,308
Work In Progress

Please help me test my planet sim (Windows, Mac, and Linux)

So yeah I made this simulation, it would be awesome if you could test it out and see if there are any horrible bugs. Thank you! <3 Terracraft .

24th September 2016
by polkm Go to last post
26 1,639
Humor

Pony -> Nazi Script Thread (Greasemonkey, Javascript)

I am posting this here because it seems to be where it'd fit. If there was a better place for it, sorry. This is a script for people who like meta humour and are tired of my little pony. The original idea for this script came from a team fortress 2...

22nd September 2016
by Intoxicated Spy Go to last post
29 4,425
Help

Need Help Getting Arduino or Raspberry Pi to Transfer Data Via WiFi

I have a project which currently contains two Arduino boards communicating back and forth through RF transmitters. What I want to do now, if possible, is replace the RF transmitters with WiFi shields and have the Arduinos communicate back and forth...

22nd September 2016
by aNTohnEE Go to last post
2 444
Help

[HELP] Weird addon problem

Hey, I'm the owner of a French roleplaying community and I need this addon to make the custom server that I've been working on work, there's a lot of people in the community waiting for it but a huge bug happens to the server ! When I try to spawn an...

21st September 2016
by Rasko Go to last post
5 367
Help

Gamemodes own loading screen

When making gamemode is it posible to make loading screen to gamemode it self

21st September 2016
0 376
Hobbies

Has anyone read the Nvidia GPU Gem series books?

https://developer.nvidia.com/gpugems/GPUGems3/gpugems3_ch01.html I was interested in working on a procedural terrain generator using voxels. Mainly a learning experience. However I was reading a few search pages when I found this one. I flipped through...

20th September 2016
by DestWa Go to last post
7 626
Question

Making a game similar to Garry's Mod

I'm interested in game development and I've recently been wondering what knowledge it would take to create a Garry's Mod clone, and the work/time it would require. I do know a limited amount of C++, even though I'm not really sure if that's what you...

20th September 2016
by Dr. Evilcop Go to last post
5 802
Release

SteamTool - Retrieve steamID (Custom) Profile URL directly in windows!

A windows program written in C# that allows for easy accesability to steam account information." - Github Description, 2016. SteamTool?...

18th September 2016
by FlakTheMighty Go to last post
8 829
Lua

SWEP Silencer

Is there a way to set the silencer on a model for a players weapon? If someone could give me an example that'd be nice. I tried so much already. (with the USP-S if possible)

13th September 2016
by mclucario Go to last post
3 502
Help

C++ Source SDK help.

I'v made a DLL that can be injected into a source game. But I have in issue, Inlucding tier1/dbg.h and calling Msg works fine and prints into the console. My issue is if I try to include tier1/interface.h then I constantly get two linker errors. ...

12th September 2016
by dominqnta Go to last post
6 1,104
Help

how to fix this problem when start sw_dumper.py?

i try to extract .cas file in Mirror's Edge Catalyst like this forum: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14269 . but i have this problem: http://imgur.com/a/aHkMY . and here is my python file : https://www.sendspace.com/file/okl9ti . please help.

10th September 2016
1 422
Help

Is something wrong with my math? (C)

So, like, I'm working on yet another assignment here and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Basically I'm working on an assignment where it prompts an input for N for how many times the program is meant to loop and then it asks for the amount of track we...

10th September 2016
by Matthew0505 Go to last post
3 701
Lua

Pointshop entites rotation and removal

Posted this in wrong section, please remove it.

9th September 2016
by Beefdroid Go to last post
0 375
Help

Get good at web design?

Every time I attempt to make a good looking website I either can't think of what I want it to look like or it just ends up looking like complete shit. How could i get better at this? I'm not looking to spend 5k on some bullshit coding bootcamp.

8th September 2016
by PieClock Go to last post
7 791
Help

Building a GUI to to interface with a CNC Machine

Hi everyone, I'm starting a project that requires me to build a GUI via Python on a Raspberry Pi which will then interface with an Arduino connected to stepper motors and encoders. Three separate stepper motors are to translate a head in XYZ...

7th September 2016
1 512
Tutorial

Teacher needed +Reward

so i want to learn how to make gamemode to gmod i was thinking hl2rp but slight difrend if i succses whit it you get (almoust) any steam game/item

6th September 2016
by Nicolas Go to last post
1 595
Computers

Is this possible?

To run a script in Garry's Mod with C++ without using sv_allowcslua

6th September 2016
by sannys Go to last post
1 541
C#

[C#/Batch] Convert steamID to Steam64(profile)

Hi, im writing an application in c# which fetches the userID of whoever logged in last in steam in the registry, converts it to a steamID and acts as a good: "SteamIDFinder" However, i also want the profile URL (The one with numbers) to be usable aswell....

5th September 2016
by StonedPenguin Go to last post
5 637
Stupid

VtM:B style dialogue system on Source

Hi! I'd like to create a dialogue system for my source mod that would act pretty much like one in VtM:B: 1. Zoom onto character's face 2. Show a dialogue tree 3. Play a choreography file sequence in response to the chosen option I'm a beginner...

2nd September 2016
by Painkilla Go to last post
0 527
Love

Books for C++/C#

I'm fairly well aknowledged in how C++/C# works, but I've learned by practice and never even though of reading a book about it ..but now my friend (who shares interests with me) has upcoming birthday and I want to buy him two books that'll get him...

30th August 2016
by Netheous Go to last post
14 1,129
Help

Any good tutorials for hl2dm modding?

Sometimes I would like to make hl2dm mod. I set up the Source SDK Base, but now I don't know where to start, because hl2 modding and hl2dm looks different. Someone will help me?

30th August 2016
by B!N4RY Go to last post
1 453
Help

DarkRP jobs with Set Health and Armor

Im trying to set the health and armor of a job and currently its only setting the armor. This is what I have: PlayerSpawn = function(ply) ply:SetHealth(150) return CLIENT end, PlayerDeath = function(ply) ply:SetHealth(0) return CLIENT end,...

30th August 2016
by Dartouious Go to last post
5 467
Help

Ternary Operators in C

So, like, I'm trying to do some code for an assignment. Basically I'm supposed to have the code prompt an input for the cost of an item, the amount of items, a 1 or 0 if tax applies and then have it spit out the total if the tax is or isn't applied. ...

29th August 2016
by Sexy Frog Go to last post
4 590
Help

Thirdperson Bone Positioning?

So I know how to scale and rotate the bones but not how to change their position/strech them, how do I do this?

27th August 2016
by Beefdroid Go to last post
0 451