Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
POST YOUR

What Are You Working On? - October 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Apparently nobody wanted to have to make an October thread. Cartman300 worked on some C# integration with Quake 3. Facepunch started an arcade simulator. Why485 made a pretty flight HUD.

ben1066 41 reading
1 Minute Ago
by cartman300 Go to last post
777 45,013
Help

What Do You Need Help With? V6 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 161 162 163 164 Last ) This thread has images

Since the last one was closed along with a bunch of other threads, let's start over. Same procedure as last year, post all your questions that are not worthy of thread in here. What Do You Need Help With V1 What Do You Need Help With V2 What Do You...

Gulen 2 reading
1 Hour Ago
by WeltEnSTurm Go to last post
6,530 195,538
Science

Electrical Engineering V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 98 99 100 101 Last ) This thread has images

Cookies to Ddrl46 for the new banner. Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post before you make a post, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a...

5 Hours Ago
by kokonut Go to last post
4,029 133,482
Shitpost

Visual Basic file transfer??

alright, for a class at my college we are required to use visual basic to write code. while i was unable to install the program on my desktop, it installed fine on my laptop. what files would i need to copy besides the program files folders in order to...

AlienFanatic 1 reading
7 Hours Ago
by bootv2 Go to last post
7 280
QUESTION

NPCs dropping stuff

How to make npcs drop selected things. Do you know any addon that allow it or how to do it myself. Please tell me I really need that

16 Hours Ago
by helifreak Go to last post
4 148
csharp

Unity3D - Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 97 98 99 100 Last ) This thread has images

Sup guys. This thread is to talk about Unity3D. Questions, answers. Here's some questions to get us started. 1. Why is there no built in Save Scene option? How do you handle it? 2. When is the new GUI system coming out? 3. What have you made?

garry 1 reading
22 Hours Ago
by MilkBiscuit Go to last post
3,976 202,322
Help

NutScript Help?

Hey guys, So I'm currently coding a MRP style GM. I'm editing a Hl2 RP to fit what I desire, Y'know, standard Faction renaming, changing faction creation models, stuff like that. I've run into a bump though, for I am no coder. I'm trying to add...

1 Day Ago
by SteelSliver Go to last post
1 142
cpp

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 23 24 25 26 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

1 Day Ago
by werewolf0020 Go to last post
1,019 57,096
Lua scripting

Derma - Detecting which Item was clicked.

Hello everyone. So basically I have a question about Derma. So, I have a table that contains every item that will be within my DermaPanelList. However, I would like to know how to check which item within the list was clicked, here is my code: local...

2 Days Ago
by xThaWolfx Go to last post
1 151
Help

Reverse Engineering FS2013 .i3d.shapes format. This thread has images

Alright. I've asked this question in WDYNHW a few months ago but it was left unanswered, I've also spent hours on trying with different debuggers and methods of figuring this out but I am at absolute zero progress and thus I've now created this thread. ...

2 Days Ago
by cra0kalo Go to last post
10 919
Help

Steam4Net group issues.

Hello, I've recently starting toying around with the Steam4Net library but I've run into some issues regarding many of the group(clan) functions such as "GetClanOwner" and "GetClanChatMemberCount". I was wondering if these functions are simply broken due...

3 Days Ago
by stapled Go to last post
3 231
Help

Hello world MSbuild.exe bug?

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Helloworld, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator.michael\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Helloworld\Helloworld\Helloworld.vcxproj : error MSB4014: The build stopped...

3 Days Ago
by =(E)=AndromK Go to last post
5 415
Humor

Funny x 48

Programming Jokes February - Obligatory Witty Remark ( 2 3 4 5 .. 12 13 14 15 Last ) This thread has images

Watery Highlights:

Map in a box 1 reading
6 Days Ago
by Coolboy Go to last post
560 68,231
Repeat

Best compiler for mac osx

Hi i'm looking into Xcode or using a windows virtual box for visual studios which I can get free from school. Anyone help me out with finding a good compiler for my mbp?

Hollosoulja 1 reading
1 Week Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
9 411
Help

Making a moving platform with C# ?

Hello, I'm trying to make my moving platform with this code: using System.Collections; public class testfloater:MonoBehaviour { public float Speed = 0.2F; public float stopper = 50.0F; public float header = 0.0F;

1 Week Ago
by reevezy67 Go to last post
20 2,148
Stupid

space inputs

Look likes this is the only sensable pleace to put this thread, unfortunatley, due to there not being a smaller thread (sorry) Does anyone know how batch spaces work for input lines? set /p line3="Enter Option: " %=% IF %line3%=="Sherlock Homes"...

1 Week Ago
by Fantym420 Go to last post
4 272
Science

Winner x 20

A bit of practical sci-fi ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Rate me what you will for posting this here, but I'd really like to know a fellow programmer's perspective on something I'm writing. If you're into science fiction, that is. Here's the first chapter: It's relevant, I swear. This is basically my...

1 Week Ago
by voodooattack Go to last post
103 3,074
Gross

Need suggestions for good ole assignment This thread has images

You all should be aware of my infamous assignment already, for those of you that live under rock here's quick overview: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1427054 So I decided to suck up to unfortunate conditions (laptop not working, labs closed and...

1 Week Ago
by HJ23 Go to last post
9 513
Photos

Cost-effective 3d video?

I want this to happen - Should I just buy Kinects or is there something cheaper? Framerate not important.

Ott
1 Week Ago
by Ott Go to last post
0 223
games

[Android] My friends first android game is like stepmania and fruit ninja combined. This thread has images

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.sntr.sweep.android

1 Week Ago
by ferdam Go to last post
7 452
Tutorial

Epic Batch File Troll

Do not open the file This creates about 300 files per whole second, when I opened the file it lagged my computer ALOT, but i kept it up for about 30 seconds. It covered my whole desktop and kept building the folders. So don't do this to your...

1 Week Ago
by Swebonny Go to last post
3 362
QUESTION

Fast way to return biggest component of a vector?

I'm currently working on some shaders in Unreal4 and Unity and I was wondering what's the fastest way to zero out all components but the biggest one. I want to avoid if-conditions, since the shader-pipeline doesn't like them too much. Currently I put...

1 Week Ago
by rookwood101 Go to last post
1 211
cpp

Adding console commands for a mod

I'm having trouble implenting this https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Player_Teleport I defined it under the header file but when I enter the console command in game it says command not recognized (User was banned for this post ("You have...

2 Weeks Ago
by Stea Go to last post
0 171
cpp

Error compiling mod: achievement_notification_panel.obj

Hi, I'm making a mod for HL2 and I've fixed all the bugs with compiling except this one: error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1800' doesn't match value '1600' in achievement_notification_panel.obj The output console just spams...

2 Weeks Ago
by smithy311 Go to last post
5 223
cpp

Making a teleportation gun?

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way I can I could make a teleportation gun. I don't mean the portal gun which is provided by Valve, however I was thinking about modifying it. I want the weapon to be more of a one way teleportation. For example,...

2 Weeks Ago
by SteveUK Go to last post
1 251
Humor

Got bored at college, noticed i had 4 free periods in a class group and....

5 minutes after that i went to the computer/ IT office and had a chat with the head of IT.... after that i found myself in AS Level computer science programming in C# :) Originally they were teaching VB, but this year they changed to C# meaning i had...

2 Weeks Ago
by Duskling Go to last post
5 951
Repeat

How to import image file as 2D array of RGB values using Python?

Pseudocode: (thanks Fourier) Image image = //import your image here, it is 2D array of RGB(A) values int width = image.width; int height = image.height; Node graph = new Node; //read image data for(var x = 0; x < width; x++)

2 Weeks Ago
by thegrb93 Go to last post
6 274
Help

Funny x 23

Is anyone willing to do my assignment for $15 in BTC? This thread has images

-Communications through Steam -$5 will be paid upfront. $5 at the end of project. in Bitcoins. All you need to do to is code for a) and b). I will add in another $5 if you can do c) and d) too. -I will send report PDF outlining the model of...

2 Weeks Ago
by HJ23 Go to last post
10 598
Request

[Request][Paid] Need lessons with setting up server (SRCDS) + ip tables + cloud flare + possibly other programming / (Linux)

Hey Facepunch! I am in need of some help with my game server stuff. I would like to see if I can meet someone here experienced with using CloudFlare and hosting to help curb DDOS attacks. I am more looking to pay someone hourly to teach me this...

2 Weeks Ago
by Corewarp3 Go to last post
4 454
Help

Dynamic Sand Shader

Let me be frank, I know nothing about making shaders (in games). The idea is that when my character moves, and its leg hits the sand, the shader of the field of sand models will moves, which will be reflecting sunlight will move/rotates, as if like...

2 Weeks Ago
by jackwilsdon Go to last post
5 331
Help

Newbie Programmer. Want to learn more about Programming. Need Some Advice/Motivation This thread has images

So I'm a complete beginner with programming and I was wondering if anyone could share me some cool projects you've done for some motivation. Maybe you could share how you learned to program as well. As to where I'm standing on my knowledge on...

2 Weeks Ago
by EmilioGB Go to last post
25 1,154
Shitpost

Share your workspaces! This thread has images

ITT we share our programming setups. This includes editor setups or PC rigs. Using Mosh with two instances of tmux inside one another, working on a SourceMod plugin.

jackwilsdon 1 reading
2 Weeks Ago
16 716
School

USC or Digipen for Game Development?

I'm currently on tour right now, visiting both of the colleges to decide which one I would like to go to for Game Development. Although, I'm really torn between the two and I would like some inside advice from my fellow FP users. Before posting please...

2 Weeks Ago
by aakash Go to last post
8 1,459
Art

What Are You Working On? - September 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 32 33 34 35 Last ) This thread has images

September! New WAYWO! New highlights! New thread OP! Old banner! Thomasfn made a sick UI for messing around with Rust server files! AtomiCal has a slush machine!

Funley 1 reading
2 Weeks Ago
1,370 78,512
Help

Python 'CodeBreaker' Game

Basically I was assigned a homework task to do a 'challenge' (I say this in a light sense, challenges 1-3 can be done in 2 lines each...) in python. There was about 27 to choose from, 1 being easiest, 27 being hardest (Easy for a average programmer, but...

2 Weeks Ago
17 839
QUESTION

Programing

How would you program a game for the source game engine?

2 Weeks Ago
by reevezy67 Go to last post
3 447
Love

How to model following map for AI wayfinding? This thread has images

So I need to program AI that calculates best paths to take to reach the destination from given starting point. I need to model given map in a suitable representation as a search problem. I will have to make estimations for distances. Any suggestions...

2 Weeks Ago
by AntonioR Go to last post
11 726
Help

Dumb x 25

Mai script no work halp ples :C This thread has images

Ok so this is supposed to remove the ragdoll and play an effect when someone dies as that playermodel, instead it has a delay of removing it and doesnt play an effect, help pls hook.Add("PlayerDeathThink", "fix_dragon_ragdoll", function(ply) ...

2 Weeks Ago
by Gadfly Jr Go to last post
6 590
Help

Want to try out RSS reading; Where to start?

So let's say I wanted to take an rss like http://world.kbs.co.kr/rss/rss_news.htm?lang=e and get that raw text and have a C program be able to parse just the headlines. I can understand the parsing, but where would I start in trying to download the html...

3 Weeks Ago
3 241
Steam

Source SDK 2013 Standalone Mod

Hi there, Is it possible to create a standalone mod with the Source SDK 2013? The only thing it has to do is launch the game and load up a map. I'm using it for school, and you can guess it, we don't have Steam at school. I need it for an architecture...

3 Weeks Ago
7 489