TitleReverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post By Replies Views
Tutorial

FP WebDev - A Simple Guide This thread has images

Facepunch Web DevelopmentA Simple Guide Welcome to FP WebDev - where your idea for the next facebook becomes a reality! Basic Guidelines & Tips □ Search before you ask. If you have a question, there's a good chance we've already answered it in the...

3rd March 2014
by CBastard Go to last post
21 8,082
beta

A Simple Forum

Hi, I would like to introduce you to my new forum software project http://www.asimpleforum.co.uk/forum/. It is a 100% open source forum package built on some of the latest technologies such as MongoDB, PHP 5.4 and HTML5. The purpose of this project is...

3 Weeks Ago
by cjmarkham Go to last post
38 1,306
QUESTION

Any German's here, salaries in Berlin, etc?

So, I potentially have a role as a Technical Team Lead cropping up with one of the largest online affiliate companies in Germany / Berlin. Did a skype interview and things went silky smooth the CTO was really impressed and mentioned how he's taking a step...

2 Weeks Ago
by graymic Go to last post
0 166
POST YOUR

anyone else working with flex box?

Is anyone else working with the flex box display technique? If so have you guys found and serious problems with it? Like it? I just made this with it: http://www.adrianhoulewebprojects.com/experimental/CRMSdemo.php It took me a couple tries, as I...

4 Days Ago
by Joscpe Go to last post
1 235
QUESTION

can I overuse Jquery?

Hi. First off, new to facepunch, was looking for a new programming community and was recommended to try this one out. Hello World! Anyway my question is: I heard that Jquery should only be used if needed as it slows things down. However if I am already...

1 Week Ago
by supersnail11 Go to last post
33 951
Help

Customise Joomla website (willing to pay)

Hello, I have a Joomla template ready but need all the content attached to the website (menus, content, modules etc). I have it all installed on a domain - just need the customising to take place. If you're interested, please PM me for more...

2 Weeks Ago
by Alternative Account Go to last post
19 529
php

dissecting a mySQL PDO prepared statement query

Hey guys. I recently set about re-commenting this bit of code that I used a while back and had forgotten a lot about. The more I go over it the more I realise I maybe misunderstood some things about it. It is fully working, it gets the latest edit date...

1 Week Ago
by AdrianH Go to last post
9 325
Love

Doing some free PHP work.

Hey, over the next three weeks I'll be doing free PHP / HTML / CSS work. I've already done some free work for ESFServers.com. I'm rather good at PHP, and HTML, also CSS. I'll do most work for free dependent on if it's a big project (over five hours)...

2 Weeks Ago
by Tezou Go to last post
9 529
Work In Progress

First Website Progress

I'm an aspiring graphic designer/programmer, currently enrolled in digital communications classes at my high school. The last big project that we do in my school is called our Senior Exhibition of Mastery, which gives us a chance to show off what we've...

1 Week Ago
29 1,401
QUESTION

Garrysmod Leaderboards

Hello Community, is there a free to use garrysmod leaderboard, which I can integrate to my website? Something like this: http://gameservers.wyesoft.com/gmod/tttleaderboard.html . I saw, that the leaderboard, from the link above, uses Gametracker to...

1 Week Ago
17 321
php

GET POST PUT DELETE

Do you any of you ever use PUT or DELETE in a server request?

3 Weeks Ago
by graymic Go to last post
5 566
Help

gmod web console?

Is there a gmod web console thing so that you can monitor your servers without having to be logged into your server or in game? 31st March 2014 so one person agrees and another disagrees..

3 Weeks Ago
by TH3_L33T Go to last post
9 386
Work In Progress

Halesowen Chat Beta

Well seeing as you grumpy muppets didn't like the fact I worked upon a framework instead of creating a chat from scratch. So here, I've worked on this for 6 hours now: /beta01 Everything's custom. Gimmie critism please.

2 Weeks Ago
7 524
php
2 Weeks Ago
by Coffeee Go to last post
10 430
Work In Progress

Help testing website This thread has images

Hey guys, my friend made a website just recently and we were wondering if you guys could help test it out? See if there are things that could be improved? I really appreciate it. http://1337squad.us/index

2 Days Ago
by dustymcp Go to last post
8 319
html

HTML Gmod Server Status/Join Software

Hello Community, I'm searching right now for a software or some kind of maker thing, that could show my Gmod servers status like: who is online and that stuff. A ranklist would be amazing, but is not really neccessary. Also it should have a "Join"...

3 Weeks Ago
by Tezou Go to last post
9 585
html

I can't find the mistake in my submenu

Hello Community, I'm currently working on my communitys new website. It's html and css only and I'm not very experienced in this. I build it up myself from scrap and the main page is mostly done. I created at the Tab "Regeln" a simple submenu, but...

2 Weeks Ago
by Tezou Go to last post
2 193
Help

Keep Expired Bans in list

I am using this: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1231554 Works flawlessly except for 1 thing, I'd like to be able to keep expired bans in the list (on the webpage) to be able to search if someone has been banned previously (in the case they need...

3 Weeks Ago
by Adzter Go to last post
4 202
php

Minecraft website This thread has images

So I'm working on a Minecraft Bootstrap website, thoughts? ( I didn't put it into WAYWA because the screen shots are huge.) Home Players

1 Day Ago
by Moofy Go to last post
17 707
Help

Need help querying some data with MySQL

Hello, I am trying to set something up (on my gameserver) that checks a user's secondary rank on my forum, like moderator, donator, and admin and promotes them to the highest rank in game. So if you have the secondary rank of admin and moderator on the...

5 Days Ago
by djjkxbox360 Go to last post
4 149
QUESTION

Not sure which direction to take (re-entering freelance work after 4 years of inactivity)

I'm in a bit of a pickle and not sure which direction to take. I'm looking to get back in the freelance market. The last time I had actually worked as a web developer was back between 2007-2010 with a company. After that I was no longer employed in web...

2 Weeks Ago
by KmartSqrl Go to last post
2 221
Help

Online Players like gametracker

I'd want to make something for my forum where it shows the current online players similar to how gametracker does. How would you go about this?

2 Weeks Ago
by TrinityX Go to last post
1 176
QUESTION

Opinions on a server list

Thoughts on this server list I've made in the last 3 hours? http://neophytephp.com/projects/serverlist/ Supports: All source games Minecraft Starbound TeamSpeak Features:

1 Week Ago
by jung3o Go to last post
5 239
QUESTION

PHP search files

<?php if(isset($_POST)){ $_POST = strip-tags($search); if (file_exists($_POST)){ header("location:" "/user_rooms/" . $_POST); }else{ // Error Debug }

1 Week Ago
by CBastard Go to last post
1 189
php

Please Help me.

<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/> <title>CrystalNet|Loading Screen</title> </head> <body> <?php

3 Weeks Ago
by djjkxbox360 Go to last post
1 249
php

Question

Hey, I would like to start learning some php, i know a good amount of html and css, but would like to start creating useful systems, not just design work. I'd like to create things such as forums and eCommerce systems, anyone know of any good tutorials,...

2 Weeks Ago
by bury043 Go to last post
9 307
QUESTION

Questions about Javascript

Hey guys, I was thinking about a couple of things I'd like to clarify before I start learning Javascript. Any answers are helpful! Q1. Is it a requirement to know HTML for Javascript? Q2. Are mobile apps for Android/iOS coded or able to be coded...

21 Hours Ago
13 288
QUESTION

Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 82 83 84 85 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Web Development's section very own QTDNTOT thread. To keep things running smoothly (until our inevitable demise), please try to abide by these very simple rules: ▬ Don't be a jerk. ▬ Keep your hands inside the thread at all times. ▬...

Miljaker 2 reading
24 Minutes Ago
3,371 92,679
QUESTION

Show server name and server slots on website? This thread has images

I know gametracker have many banners etc. for this, but I only need a simple one like on the left side of http://cybergmod.net/ is it easy to make or can I generate it in any way?

4 Days Ago
by Sjokomelk Go to last post
7 290
Love

Some Criticism This thread has images

CAN YOU DELETE THIS THREAD

3 Weeks Ago
by Neophyte Go to last post
14 480
QUESTION

Using only Sign in through Steam as login

Hi, I was planning on creating a website and instead of having users create accounts, I wanted them to use a Sign in through Steam button to make them log-in to my website. If their SteamID was not known yet in our database, they'd be sent to a page...

5 Days Ago
by JohnWallace Go to last post
35 772
QUESTION

Wanting to mess around with a new language

So. I currently work as a lead developer mainly in PHP and .NET. Only really been dealing with .NET and classic ASP in a few cases recently and don't particularly want to mess any more with it on personal projects. I know there's a few people here who...

4 Weeks Ago
5 376
QUESTION

Was thinking about...

Well I wan't to add something new to my GitHub so I was thinking maybe something like a Live Garry's Mod Chat? You would be able to: View in-server chat, send your own chat message from the website. Should I bother? It would be a small Lua file...

2 Weeks Ago
by Neophyte Go to last post
6 285
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #8 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 97 98 99 100 Last ) This thread has images

As always please try and attempt to follow the rules - Keep your hands inside the thread at all times. - Don't be a jerk. - Don't try to claim someone else's work as your own, we'll find out. - Don't be a jerk. - Try to stay on topic, but also keep...

Jelly 7 reading
1 Hour Ago
by Spero78 Go to last post
3,980 206,438
QUESTION

What are the pros and cons of using JavaScript alone, Quintus and Phaser for HTML (JavaScript) gave development?

I have decided to take up HTML game programming to learn something new. To do this I have discovered that using JavaScript alone can be a painful process and it is much easier to use a library such as Quintus or Phaser. I have also not found any good...

2 Weeks Ago
by samm5506 Go to last post
6 245
QUESTION

What is more important for web developement companys?

Hello Community, I am currently visiting a school, where I learn alot about web design and media design. I would like to ask, if I write an application to a web dev. company, do they more look at my actual grades or on web projects where I had an...

1 Week Ago
by Tezou Go to last post
19 344
QUESTION

Where to go after CSS/HTML?

Hey everyone! I've posted a few times in this forum but I don't really show up that often because a lot of my work is just simple CSS and HTML freelance work for simple sites. An example of my latest work can be found at my personal music site that I...

wauterboi 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by supersnail11 Go to last post
30 621