TitleReverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post By Replies Views
Love

Winner x 27

Photography section guidelines

Alright, obviously it's now much more acceptable to make individual threads than when intermingled with the main CC section. However, I suggest you have lots of content if you're going to make a thread, not just a single picture followed by "CC?". If...

24th February 2011
by daijitsu Go to last post
0 3,787
Link

"Art photography: When 'reality isn't good enough'": CNN article. Thoughts? This thread has images

Art photography: When 'reality isn't good enough This forum strikes me as a bunch of photographers deeply entrenched in the work done on a photo after the shutter is pressed. I'm wondering what you all think of this article?

18th September 2012
8 1,123
Photos

"Boxed In" Short Film - Critiques Please! This thread has images

An unsuspecting boy, steps into a box. That's about it. Enjoy.

15th June 2012
by Chaotic Lord Go to last post
8 892
QUESTION

"Water" damage to my 550D This thread has images

A while back in May I entrusted my friends to look after my camera while I went off to do something, which promptly resulted in lemonade being spilt on it. Luckily there didn't seem to be any serious damage and it worked fine from that point onward. It...

13th September 2012
by fauxpark Go to last post
8 831
Rant

'An Open Letter to a Local Photographer" This thread has images

I know we've shared this between the facebook page and chat and such before, but I think it deserves a thread to really give it some exposure. Read it all. http://tiffinbox.org/an-open-letter-to-a-local-photographer/ This is a guest post by David...

14th August 2011
18 2,093
Love

2011 in Review ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Yep, it's the end of the year, so I want all of you to post one photo of your choosing, that is your favourite photo you have taken this year. Tell us about it if you want because we probably care (maybe not Killuah). Fence by Sam Haberman, on Flickr...

15th January 2012
by Wokkel Go to last post
60 2,993
Everything/Nothing

2013 Review (ur best shot) This thread has images

We all grew immensely in 2013, both individually with photography, and collectively as tightly knit community. To send off 2013 post what you consider to be your best shot, and optionally include some words to describe why you think it's so bad ass. ...

6th January 2014
by Eltro102 Go to last post
36 1,600
Photos

272 GigaPixel photo of Shanghai This thread has images

Photo Of Shanghai Not mine, but I'd thought it would be nice to share. Protip : There is a man fapping. Try to find him

15th June 2012
by Chaotic Lord Go to last post
29 2,527
Photos

3 days, more than 2000 pictures, here are the best ones. Something for everyone! I swear! This thread has images

Oh man, I got some really cool pictures out of my family reunion/vacation. The ones I picked were either for aesthetics or for subject, there are a few more in the album but I'm posting most of them here. CC/Questions are awesome, I know they're not the...

21st July 2011
by Killuah Go to last post
30 1,620
YouTUBE
7th August 2011
by Roo-kie Go to last post
14 925
Photos

365 Day Project Thread This thread has images

Hello folks! I've recently embarked on the 365 Project! Anyone else try this? If so, please share your experiences and/or photos! :D Here are the two photos I have so far!

4th April 2014
by emily20 Go to last post
3 611
Humor

41 Reasons Why Not To Date A Photographer.

My wife sent me this link. She found it too familiar but quite funny. :smile::smile: http://www.photographytalk.com/photography-articles/3280-41-reasons-why-you-shouldn-t-date-a-photographer

27th February 2014
by claystevens Go to last post
20 916
Repeat

8000x8000 Picture of the earth This thread has images

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/6760135001/ 'Original Size' Link Holy FUCK!

6th February 2012
24 2,424
Love

A (Loose) Collection of (Vaguely) Creative Work | by Hzy ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

hey all, I've finally bothered to get around to making myself a "portfolio" type thread, hopefully this can be somewhat interesting... History / Bio I started to get into photography in early 2010 when I started doing it in school, at first I wanted...

20th July 2011
by GraniteMouse Go to last post
56 2,236
Tutorial

A beginner's guide to using lines in your composition This thread has images

I wrote this for someone who was struggling with composition, and I spent long enough on it that I thought I might as well share it around. For more seasoned users, tell me if this is a well written guide, and for beginners, tell me if this helps. So...

7th August 2012
by Sirrus Go to last post
3 787
News

A Camera that couldn't care less about focus: Lytro This thread has images

source Remember cameras that would have to focus themselves before taking a snapshot? And how that could lose vital seconds, making a mockery of the term “point and shoot”? Oh, right — that would describe every digital camera currently on the...

6th July 2011
by Moocow8 Go to last post
13 1,406
Photos

A Day in the Capital - Timelapse

For my final project at college we were allowed to write our own brief, so I decided to try and do something completely different and focus on moving images. I'm really happy with it and have gotten good feedback from friends and family, but it's my first...

31st May 2013
by pinecleandog Go to last post
3 455
Photos

A few pictures I've taken. This thread has images

After a spring rain Fence Lined Road Snowed in fence Snowy creek 18th October 2011

6th November 2011
by Mr. Face Go to last post
10 820
Photos

A few select photos from a Longboarding outing This thread has images

This girl was standing at the top of an 80 foot fire escape watching the sunset and occasionally looking down to watch us skate Mostly shot while skating - Right click>view image to enlarge http://filesmelt.com/dl/IMG_15392.JPG...

13th May 2012
by Emz Go to last post
5 982
POST YOUR

A host of my best personal photographs - Also, post your own self taken photos and other images you have created This thread has images

The images can be computer generated or whatever else. Preferably photographs but anything is welcome. It doesn't matter! These should be of your own work. And a bunch of my best photography:

24th October 2011
by Superwafflez Go to last post
21 1,375
Help

A Photography Effect This thread has images

I'm generally new to photography, I've taken many photos before but I never aimed to produce anything professional. I was browsing DeviantArt and a few photos caught my eye. They all seemed to be adjusted in a similar way, but I could never manage to...

7th August 2011
by NielsGade Go to last post
14 1,375
Photos

A picture I took of my dog This thread has images

I actually just took it with an ipod camera. What do you guys think?

3rd August 2012
by mac338 Go to last post
7 714
Request

A Request/Acutal Contest Thread

I need a picture for my youtube avatar. This isn't my full channels username but if you could just making something using these two words would be apperciated. "Wolf Haley." BTW: I have a new youtube, that I don't sub4sub or try to whore myself...

14th June 2011
by TaoAmano Go to last post
2 411
QUESTION

A simple question about a complicated Release Form

I'm going to start using model releases in my photography to protect myself a bit, and I found a few good ones here: http://www.professionalphotographer.co.uk/Magazine/Downloads/Model-Release-Form In the Minor Release Form there is a section I don't...

22nd March 2012
by Sjokolade Go to last post
7 868
YouTUBE

A Timelapse Nikon D3100

First try at a timelapse, during my vaction. I was going to make it longer but I managed to break my damn tripod during a trip :| Post your own..

11th January 2013
by booster Go to last post
7 1,489
Tv

A trip to Mission Viejo This thread has images

As told through Photographs. https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/615074_10152060891463710_411749242_o.jpg https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1002042_10151945143363710_1935679581_n.jpg ...

17th March 2014
by Eltro102 Go to last post
3 450
Love

Abandoned Hospital "HH1" This thread has images

So I did some urban exploring again, this time a large abandoned hospital we also met a few other urbexers while we where exploring the hospital. A video is also coming soon! These are just a few of the pictures to view all 43 of them click here:...

6th February 2012
by MasterBacon Go to last post
10 1,043
Love

Abandoned Village (Urban Exploring) This thread has images

So I got this tip of a abandoned village about 30 minutes from my house so I decided to check it out. To bad i couldn't get inside of the buildings since they where demolishing them. Sunday ill do another attempt at going there any i'll try to get...

10th June 2011
by Sylerr Go to last post
3 969
Help

Advice for selling usage rights to images?

So a world champion skeet shooter wants to buy the rights to my images of him for his website/social media etc. How much should I charge? I only charged the shooting centre £160 to be there stupidly, which is my daily rate for freelance animation (my...

21st March 2014
by matreox Go to last post
1 300
Help

Again, a new camera..this time, for me! :D Help me decide please.

Hey everyone, so last time i asked u guys about the nikon d5100, im very happy with what i got and its great!, but now i yet want another camera for family fun etc, and that also my brother, dad, and mom can use. So i was looking around on some...

2nd February 2012
by Siemz Go to last post
21 1,128
Request

AlienBees This thread has images

Through browsing a lot of strobe kit setups, I've come to notice one brand stand out in particular... ALIENBEES God, they look so fucking awesome compared to your average black, hard-plastic strobe by other manufacturers. These things have an...

3rd March 2011
by SCopE5000 Go to last post
12 1,124
QUESTION

Am I allowed to advertise an ebay auction for a camera in here?

If not, okay. If so, it's a Canon rebel t2i

2 Days Ago
by WayneD Go to last post
2 84
Photos

Amateur photo's! ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

So well. I'm trying this out and I hope not to get trolls and flamers on my heels as I make this, I need help making more constructive and beatiful pics. Nothing makes the day better :) Only a mobile camera, no programs included. Was going to be...

2nd November 2011
by KURT_J_P Go to last post
45 2,937
Photos

Amateur Photography! Need Feedback :) This thread has images

Hello! I started photography around 1 year ago with the Canon 550D! I just was going to post some photograph's as i need some constructive feedback on them, as im not the best photographer yet, and i still have a few thousand more pictures to take to...

14th August 2011
by Yett999 Go to last post
20 1,020
Photos

Amateur Pictures of me. This thread has images

C&C I suppose, these were just random shots I found from awhile ago. Other than the basketball ones, those are a bit more fresh.

2nd October 2011
by B-hazard Go to last post
10 1,008
Rant

An ode to "That guy" ( 2 3 4 5 .. 24 25 26 27 Last ) This thread has images

"That guy". you know who I'm talking about, the person you met out in town because he had a camera and you talked for five minutes and exchanged cards. He's on your facebook, and won't shut up about the $1300 lens he just picked up and how awesome it's...

24th June 2014
by kessuke Go to last post
1,057 76,241
QUESTION

Analog light meters? This thread has images

Does anyone have experience with analog light meters? I've got a few laying around at my school and I need to use one, but I'm not really sure if they're giving consistent and accurate results. First of all, is there a solid and reliable way to check the...

28th August 2012
by Sirrus Go to last post
9 893
Love

Any media students here? This thread has images

By Media students I meant people who shoot films as part of their course and shit. That's me with some expensive equipment, Panasonic Xsomething, I forgot.

6th April 2011
by LarparNar Go to last post
29 1,187
QUESTION

Any photographers similar to Gregory Crewdson?

I love staged photography. Personally I think it's the best means of expression within photography. And the crème dela crème of staged photography is Gregory Crewdson. Putting a wonderful mixture of nostalgic mystery, anxiety, wonder and emotion into what...

7th December 2013
by Him1411 Go to last post
3 722
QUESTION
3rd January 2012
by DoubleDD Go to last post
26 1,620
Photos

AP 2-Dimensional Design Concentration This thread has images

Got a 4/5 on the project, looking for some additional feedback since the AP board doesn't give any. Oh and here's a little blurb we were required to write for the "overall cohesiveness" of the project. Sorry they're so big..

7th October 2011
by Trogdon Go to last post
2 460