Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

Pc will only shut down

I have this weird issue with my pc where if a program or I tell it to restart, the power just stays on, the display turns off and it just sits there switched on forever. It has no problems shutting down and turning on however... 18th April 2015 ...

orcywoo6 7 reading
19 Minutes Ago
by Murkrow Go to last post
5 194
Help

Need help changing my new RAM chip's speed This thread has images

As the title says I recently brought some new RAM (4gb DDR3 stick) And my PC blue screens every time I install it and take out my old RAM, when I install it with my old RAM (3gb DDR3 2 sticks) still in the machine it freezes at the computer...

CryoDragon 3 reading
27 Minutes Ago
6 152
Love

CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x23 (v35): Crest Delivery Network ( 2 3 4 5 .. 57 58 59 60 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at...

kaze4159 21 reading
50 Minutes Ago
by SEKCobra Go to last post
2,375 53,733
Computers

Keyboard keys sticking

I have had this problem since i bought this computer, mainly CTRL and SHIFT is the keys it happens to the most but also WASD. They stick and i have to press them one more time to unstick them, it's not that they stick on the actual keyboard because of...

gatlinguy 3 reading
1 Hour Ago
by LordCrypto Go to last post
3 79
News

Winner x 38

Windows 10: Because Seven Eight Nine ( 2 3 4 5 .. 33 34 35 36 Last ) This thread has images

Starting this up again because it's getting close to leak time. What we know so far: Return of the start menu Metro apps run in a window for desktop users Focused on the desktop

Panda X 5 reading
1 Hour Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
1,405 64,038
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 63 64 65 66 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallhaven.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

lavacano 2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Davidn64 Go to last post
2,616 125,831
Help

explorer.exe not starting This thread has images

http://i.imgur.com/Y1XwBEU.png So this is annoying. After packing up my computer and moving it to another room, explorer.exe won't start up and I have to use task manager + cmd to get anything running. Running exlorer.exe manually doesn't work, but...

Ott 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Triot Go to last post
8 203
QUESTION

The "Quick Questions That Don't Deserve A Thread"...Thread. v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 36 37 38 39 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

lavacano 4 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Triot Go to last post
1,554 24,341
Computers

PC Building Thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

With the removal of some beloved subforums, this thread is here for system builds, component deals, and asking if you should buy a 970. I will try to keep the builds in this OP as updated as possible with current performance and deals, but any input or...

Levelog 1 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Uberpro Go to last post
478 10,946
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 64 65 66 67 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

3 Hours Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
2,650 87,599
Love

Android Thread - Android 5.0 Lollipop or go home ( 2 3 4 5 .. 57 58 59 60 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews Android Police - A personal favourite. Tons of app reviews, updates and...

garychencool 3 reading
4 Hours Ago
by MattJeanes Go to last post
2,377 60,882
Help

Need serious help: My PC has suddenly stopped recognizing my USB keyboard entirely and nothing fixes it

As the title would suggest, my PC has suddenly stopped recognizing my keyboard entirely. Earlier today I was playing a game and the keyboard just disconnected, and a pop up window from windows told me that the USB device was not recognized, even though...

8 Hours Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
6 95
Computers

Help on over-clocking decision.

Hello! So I'm upgrading my CPU in 2 weeks from a i3-2120 because it's old and crap now. I'm having trouble on deciding whether I should get the i5-3570k or the i5-3570, the 3570k can obviously overclock where as the latter can't but im not sure if it is...

lowlifeuk777 1 reading
8 Hours Ago
by zombini Go to last post
3 87
Help

The newer nVidia drivers make my GPU overheat.

The latest driver (350.12 at the time of this thread) and a couple drivers before that just make my GPU overheat for almost no reason. I could just be sitting at the desktop doing nothing and the temperature will climb from like 27C to 63C within half a...

xZippy 1 reading
9 Hours Ago
8 340
Help

Auto popup ads in android flashlight application. This thread has images

So not long ago I went downstairs in the pitch black to go get a drink and I had the flashlight turn off and an application in the play store show up but I had not touched anything. Thinking that I might have accidentally bumped it I ignored it and turned...

9 Hours Ago
by kaze4159 Go to last post
8 265
QUESTION

Is it possible for a dying PSU to cause a breaker in my house to trip?

So i've been having this issue suddenly - My computer and monitors can be the only thing on in the house and it will trip the breaker for the room it is in. I don't know why it does this, it does it randomly and seemingly without any real pattern. However...

12 Hours Ago
by mark6789 Go to last post
4 126
Help

GPU Fan Only Goes up to 60% Speed...

So I bought a Zotac GTX970 about a month or so ago. I'm upgrading from a GTX660 so I expected quite a bit of performance increase, and I was pleased at first, but noticed that while playing very intensive games like GTA V, I have to go at only about...

14 Hours Ago
by Splarg! Go to last post
10 223
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

KOManiacJim 4 reading
16 Hours Ago
by Dr. Evilcop Go to last post
170 6,489
Help

Pc doesn't boots properly, or takes 10 to 30 mins to 1 hour of resets to do so

Hey guys, I have this huge problem with my wooden pc.. I went away for a course for a whole week and the Pc was fine. When I came back, the pc just wont start properly. It goes through the windows 8 loading screen thing, and then just sits there, on a...

1 Day Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
14 332
QUESTION

What monitor to get? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hey, so over past 6 month's I've been weighting options some VR set or monitor. I decided to go with Monitor. Currently I have two monitors: ViewSonic VA2248 - 1920x1080 and some old BENQ monitor - 1366x768. Some points: 1) Budget is ~650...

arleitiss 2 reading
1 Day Ago
by arleitiss Go to last post
69 1,357
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 19 20 21 22 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

1 Day Ago
840 24,476
Help

PC won't post with new 280x

So yeah. Everything's plugged in properly but it won't post with it in. If I pull it out it'll boot fine with the integrated drivers. Mobo is a Z68MA-G45 (B3) running e7676IMS V17.4 PSU is rated at 750w. Another post suggested the BIOS probably...

1 Day Ago
by DemonDog Go to last post
10 190
Help

PC Suddenly Slows Down

Alright so this is my second PC build. I have a 4790k i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM with a GTX 780 Issue is that just yesterday I turned on my PC and for some reason nothing loaded as fast as before (I used to have a 10 second boot and it'd take at...

1 Day Ago
by Rand0mNumber Go to last post
3 146
Computers

Post your Speccy V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 15 16 17 18 Last ) This thread has images

Other thread is old and closed. You know what to do.

1 Day Ago
by SteelSliver Go to last post
717 22,413
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. Year of the Linux Desktop! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 15 16 17 18 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

1 Day Ago
687 18,055
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 33 34 35 36 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

1 Day Ago
by CrumbleShake Go to last post
1,433 34,324
Help

Fragmentation issue, need help This thread has images

Heyyy, so I got this rather weird fragmentation issue with my HDD since a few days back, and I haven't been able to solve it. To put it short, my HDD is fragmented, and the percentage is pretty high. I noticed this after I installed GTAV on April 14th...

1 Day Ago
by Wormy Go to last post
3 98
Computers

Graphics Card Help! This thread has images

So I need to update a GFX card but I have no idea what I'm looking at, it's all a jumble of numbers and letters.. My budget is about 100-120 At the moment Device manager tells me I have a Redeon HD 6700 Series? It does the job but it can't handle...

1 Day Ago
by taipan Go to last post
15 276
Tv

Upgrade to G-Sync monitor?

Ever since I heard of G-sync, it just sounded like an idea so good I'll be amazed if it doesn't become standardized. I haven't had much to complain about with my current monitor, but now that I have better PC specs, I've got the urge to experience things...

J-Dude 2 reading
1 Day Ago
by J-Dude Go to last post
14 438
Help

PC shuts down while gaming. Not all games cause a crash. Tried stress testing and nothing causes shut down.

I posted this to Reddit but, seeing as people don't like to read over there, a friend recommended here. I've reached my wits end. I don't know what's wrong with my PC and I don't know what to do. Now to try and explain this the best I can! I'm running...

2 Days Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
9 559
Help

Chances of phone working after dropped into water

So, literally about 20 minutes ago i dropped my phone into a bath whilst it was on charge. As soon as it dropped, i pulled it out straight away, the screen was on, but covered in water, so i quickly wiped it with a towel, ripped the battery cover off,...

2 Days Ago
by TechnoSandwic Go to last post
4 156
Help

Nvidia Gtx 760 issues

Hey facepunch. As the title suggests, i've been having plenty of trouble with this damn Gpu i purchased. I can't play a game for more than ten minutes without my screen going black, and usually my computer crashing. Things i've tried so far: ...

2 Days Ago
1 166
Stupid

How to become better at reading hardware?

Hello, Long story short, always been good in software, but not hardware. How do I know that this certain CPU or this certain RAM or this certain HDD is better than the other one? Long before I usually thought you just measure by looking at clock...

2 Days Ago
5 148
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 60 61 62 63 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

Biotoxsin 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by aydin690 Go to last post
2,509 82,917
News

Internet speed survey. ( 2 3 4 5 .. 40 41 42 43 Last ) This thread has images

This is the real deal! You reckon you have the fastest internet speed in town? Prove it here by posting your download and upload speeds as measured by Speedtest.net. Rules __________________________ This is no longer a competition....

2 Days Ago
by CGNick Go to last post
1,717 62,566
Help

Where can I find Samsung S3 baseband firmware?

I've tried the xda forums but links have all led to broken downloads. I made a mistake being new to roms and lost the baseband modem firmware. I'm trying to get the stock firmware but there is no US international, so I'm winging it right now. Any help...

2 Days Ago
by ClaBrendon Go to last post
2 118
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

Banned? 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by frdrckk Go to last post
770 22,653
QUESTION

My bandwith is being hogged by something or someone

I have a 100 down/20 up connection, and I was downloading a game on Steam and noticed it wouldn't go past the 1mb/s speed, so I did a speedtest and it revealed that my download speed is only 6mb/s but still 20 up. I checked the resource monitor, and I...

3 Days Ago
by Ferosso Go to last post
20 1,130
Photos
3 Days Ago
by Amez Go to last post
3,457 192,472
Help

Windows gives me a "Cryptographic Services stopped working and was closed" error, struggling to fix it

Now, I hate to start a thread asking for help but this is seriously my last resort. About a week ago when turning off my computer, windows(windows 7 ultimate) started an update, next time I booted it up I kept losing focus of whatever window was open....

3 Days Ago
by Fosax Go to last post
2 106
pc games

Apple and Mac Discussion v. Magical And Revolutionary ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from two threads before) I've decided to make a new thread since Garry enabled post limit once again Discuss all the new shiny stuff by your favourite fruit company in this thread, may it be the iPhone, iPad, Macs or even 30 pin connectors...

4 Days Ago
by mix999 Go to last post
313 7,056
Computers

Looking into a new monitor ($300 USD budget)

So I'm looking into a new main monitor and decided to potentially dip my foot into the 144hz group of products. I'm looking for a few suggestions regarding 144hz monitors. Firstly, I'm currently using an R9 280x. Would this card be capable of making...

5 Days Ago
by ClaBrendon Go to last post
1 146
Help

Connection problem with multiple browsers.

For a few months now I've been having connection problems when browsing the internet. When I try to connect to a site or go to another page I'll get some sort of connection error but if I refresh the page everything will work fine. The weird thing about...

5 Days Ago
by Lucinice Go to last post
0 84
Computers

PC infrequently locks up at boot up / returning from sleep

Every once in a while (maybe 1 in 25 times) when I boot up my PC, a few seconds after reaching my desktop my whole computer just locks up, where maybe every 20 seconds or so the screen will refresh once, but is generally unusable and doesn't seem to go...

6 Days Ago
3 140
Help

Router issue This thread has images

Hello, Everytime I try to host a game during CSS or GMOD (Or any game) locally, no one is able to join. When a friend comes over, and he or I host a server for any game, none of us are able to join each other. In some games the server doesn't even show...

6 Days Ago
by Commandhat17 Go to last post
7 233
Help

Can't open Steam, browser constantly going into background

I'm sure these problems are related I can't open Steam first off. I mean it opens up fully, friends menu, library and all, but I can't click on it. Bringing it up from the task bar causes it to appear for a second and then go back to the background....

6 Days Ago
by ThePinkPanzer Go to last post
0 114
Help

Firefox and Steam incompatible?

After recent updates, I've ran into a strange issue. If Firefox is open, Steam will hang constantly until I force kill it. If Steam is open, attempting to open Firefox will result in a "Couldn't load XPCOM" crash. I've tried googling it, but came up...

6 Days Ago
by nagachief Go to last post
10 374
Help

Packing rar files.

Hey people. I got a small problem. Some years ago, i packed some different files into rar's. To save space. Now that I'm trying to unpack them, some of the files in the packages get's errors, because apparently they are damaged/ corrupt. Is there any...

6 Days Ago
by coyote93 Go to last post
2 218
Computers

Suggestions for new VOIP equipped wireless ADSL router.

My family was given a router by our provider about 5 years ago when we switched over to VOIP. It's on its last legs; it regularly drops the internet connection (but not the wireless connection), VOIP constantly drops out, the setting page usually has...

1 Week Ago
by download Go to last post
5 124
Computers

Idle Temp Question

My GTX 770 is idling at about 41-43c with 0% load and auto fan speed, along with 27% power consumption. All of this is with webpages/Youtube open. In intensive gaming I've never seen it go above 60c. Is this all normal?

1 Week Ago
5 151
Help

I bricked my Mirabox

A while ago I decided to try to build my own router. Since I don't have enough knowledge to design and build it from scratch I had to look for existing alternatives. It took a while but eventually I found Mirabox by Globalscale. I chose it because it...

1 Week Ago
by Radobot Go to last post
2 318
Help

Regular Latency Spikes on Wifi

So this started a while ago back when I lived in an apartment complex, I simply chalked it up to I was getting interference from one of my neighbors wifi so I just used an ethernet cord. I moved to a new place out in the boonies with some roommates and...

1 Week Ago
by lordofdafood Go to last post
3 173
Computers

Unable to Save Display Settings - 2 DVI, 1 DisplayPort to HDMI

Basically the title. Recently had to do a windows restore, prior to restoring my three monitors work. I've gone an installed my video card drivers, and when I go to set my 3 monitors up, on the 3rd monitor I get "Unable to Save Display settings".

1 Week Ago
by TechnoSandwic Go to last post
6 384
Science

Where do I find PSU mounting brackets? This thread has images

I got a leftover ASUS tower from my brother, but it's missing the PSU mounting bracket. Where can I find more and how will I know if it fits for my tower?

1 Week Ago
by Tetsmega Go to last post
9 406
POST YOUR

Post Your Servers v2: "Not my equipment, but..." ( 2 3 4 5 .. 16 17 18 19 Last ) This thread has images

Have servers at home? Post 'em Maintain servers at work? Post 'em Walk by servers on the way to your desk? Post 'em Here's one of the nicer looking schools I work for: http://i.imgur.com/QEGxyY1.jpg And here's one of the not so nicer looking...

MTMod 1 reading
1 Week Ago
730 36,025
Love

Hard drive broke when I changed it over to a new computer?

Recently I pretty much made myself a new computer, only keeping the 12GB of RAM and the HDD. When I started up at first the HDD didn't seem to be working so I moved the connectors about a bit and restarted a few times. Eventually I did get a...

1 Week Ago
by nuttyboffin Go to last post
5 259
Help

My computer just kicked the bucket.... [New Computer Request]

Hey everyone, Right, my computer after a long 4 years of obsessive use has kicked the bucket. Admittedly only the graphics card has... but I'm due an upgrade anyway. My current rig: i7 (can't remember what one) but it works pretty well 12GB DDR3...

1 Week Ago
by nuttyboffin Go to last post
28 880
Repeat

Sound Problem (i.e no sound)

Heyo, I recently started using my PC again, I've been updating drivers and whatnot and playing some games. But recently the sound has completely cut off. I tried troubleshooting, updating the drivers (no updates were available) and disabling/enabling...

1 Week Ago
by rucrazy Go to last post
3 225
Help

Flickering pixels on screen This thread has images

This bug just started happening today, seemingly from out of nowhere. I keep getting these flickering pixels on my screen, multicolored ones. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphic drivers but to no avail. Here's what the shit looks like:

1 Week Ago
by Diet Kane Go to last post
9 277
Help

Avast Extreme CPU Useage

So I tuned on my PC and nothing would respond, chrome wasn't working, just totally spazzing out. After opening up task manager - which took about 3 minutes - I was shown this: http://puu.sh/gYMJh/a653902b3e.png The only reason I've been able to make...

1 Week Ago
by Diet Kane Go to last post
12 547
QUESTION

MSI GT70 (780m) enought psu of 180W??

first of all, sorry for my bad english, and I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this I am owner of one of this msi (gt70 2OD) and after reading... I readed that the psu of 180W (fucking large psu) isnt enought for the laptop, after...

1 Week Ago
9 350
Help

PC stuck in weird boot loop

So my PC just tried to boot up and failed, it hung on a cmd type screen with a flashing underscore it was sat on there for about an hour so I had to power down the PC and restart it now when I turn on the PC, it powers up, stays on for about 5 seconds...

1 Week Ago
3 315
ps3

PS3 showing horrible picture using component cables This thread has images

My HDMI port is busted so i ordered some component cables, but i'm getting this weird red shadow behind everything. Any idea how to get rid of this?

1 Week Ago
by IpHa Go to last post
12 589
QUESTION

Quick Laptop RAM Question

Hello I'm looking at increasing the RAM on my current laptop. It currently has a 2GB and 4GB(@1600Mhz) card installed from the manufacturer. Would upgrading with this 8GB stick along side the manufacturers 4GB stick be feasible? I'm not great with this...

1 Week Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
1 172
Help

Moving out soon, looking to buy a decent but affordable TV.

Hey, i'm not sure if this is the correct subforum as this is generally for pc related stuff, but I figured a tv would fit in here as well. As the title states, i'll be moving out soon, and I want to get a TV, now I have no experience with TV's what so...

1 Week Ago
by Demache Go to last post
10 408
Rant

Unlimited Data Plans (Verizon, Sprint, etc?) This thread has images

Hello, As some forum members may know, I currently run my entire house off of an aging setup provided by Sprint. It's degrading performance over the past 5 years have been source of much rage and bad internet threads. Example: Earlier last...

1 Week Ago
by garychencool Go to last post
9 407
Help

Looking for a new monitor ~150

Hey there. I'm looking for a new monitor, as my current one (LG W2252TE) is slowly dying and it is getting worse day by day. The new monitor should have a 1920x1080 resolution and doesn't need unnecessary stuff like inbuilt speakers . I'm using...

2 Weeks Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
4 221
Rant

How the fuck are my hdds showing anything related to GRUB when they've been formatted? This thread has images

This happens when I try to install Windows on any of my hdds right now, no clue how anything GRUB is coming up since all of the hdds have been wiped since I last touched Arch, and fucking clue what the hell is going on here? http://imgur.com/0OT9Zm3

2 Weeks Ago
by B!N4RY Go to last post
9 482
Help

RAM issues.

So I built my system back in 2012 and included 2 sticks of G.skill 4gb @1333mHz for a total of 8gb. Recently RAM has been cheap so I purchased another 2 sticks of G.skill 4gb @1600mHz. The problem is that when I have the original two sticks in slots 1 and...

2 Weeks Ago
10 287
QUESTION

OS Slow even on SSD.

Hey, I am starting to face some issues with my PC. Specs: CPU: FX-8350 Motherboard: M5A97 R2.0 GPU: GTX 970 Strix RAM: 8 GB 1666 (I think) HDD: Crucial SSD - OS WD Caviar Black 1 TB Seagate 1TB

2 Weeks Ago
by arleitiss Go to last post
28 717
Help

Need help figuring out if my laptop supports SATA3

I have a Lenovo G505s 59406400 laptop. The one with the A8 processor. I can't seem to find any information on whether or not it supports SATA3 hard drives. Can someone help me out with this? I don't use the laptop for hard core gaming. Or really...

2 Weeks Ago
3 257
Help

How to remove WinMagic SecureDoc BootLoader without wiping files?

Just installed Windows 8.1 (clean install) and was re-installing all the drivers when at last I decided to set up my fingerprint scanner again. Went through all of the HP security set up and such and restarted my laptop when prompted to. Upon reboot I got...

2 Weeks Ago
by lavacano Go to last post
1 269
Help

Just bought a car, need recommendations on a dash cam.

As the title says I recently bought my first car (woo!) and I was looking to get a dash cam. Only issue being that I have no idea what I'm looking if I'm being honest. Just going off what I've seen listed on Amazon and various other sites. So I'm asking...

2 Weeks Ago
by Animosus Go to last post
16 855
Help

MBam Does not think my Windows User Got Admin Rights. Refuses to update.

So as said in the title: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware thinks my windows user isnt admin. It is the only user on this computer and does have admin rights. I have no idea why this is happening: When Mbam wants to update and then instantly tells me to...

2 Weeks Ago
by Civil Go to last post
2 233
Help

How to force Anti-Aliasing on Win 8.1 store games? This thread has images

I can't seem to find the .exe thru the Nvidia control panel, and neither any file linking to Asphalt 8. I'd like to force AA becase the game is missing that and also 16x Anisothropic filtering. Please help! Also, if there's a solution for this, can I then...

2 Weeks Ago
by Suokukko Go to last post
5 340
Computers

Need a new monitor, 1080p or above resolution with a budget of absolute maximum 150. Recommend?

Scan.co.uk items would be nice, otherwise UK :v: What's the best I can get for this money?

2 Weeks Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
6 335
QUESTION

[Win10, Win8.1 x64] Artefacts fill screen randomly, freeze and sound stutter after ~10 seconds and have to hard reboot.

Posting this for a friend since isn't getting much help on /r/techsupport and I figure Facepunch has a much better clue of what's going on Thread @ http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/30r39q/win10_win81_x64_artefacts_fill_screen_randomly/

2 Weeks Ago
5 344
Love

Crashing games, need help with troubleshooting

Hello everyone, I've got a problem. I'll be playing games and, for whatever reason, the game will lock-up, display the whole "<game> has stopped responding" window (sometimes), and the last little bit of audio will repeat infinitely unless I disable and...

2 Weeks Ago
8 354
Help

User files are being deleted/wiped daily

Okay so this problem started a couple days ago, i'm using my new laptop (Lenovo Z50) and it was all working fine, got Norton 360 and malwarebytes anti-malware installed on it just in-case i picked up anything, but then one morning i come to go on the...

2 Weeks Ago
by medal-12 Go to last post
9 659
Help

Any way to recover these corrupted JPG's? This thread has images

Long story short, I found an SD card that I had lost for over a year. The last time I checked (over a year ago), all the pictures were readable... Now about 50% of them are corrupted. I have no idea how this happened, but it's been driving me crazy. ...

2 Weeks Ago
by Joannou1 Go to last post
6 410