Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

Dumb x 59

Forum Rules. READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD.

Please read and remember the following rules before making a thread in this section: Here's how it goes, please read carefully. • No X vs/or Y threads. (nVidia vs ATi / XP or Vista) • Search for duplicate threads before making a new one,...

22nd July 2012
by Gran PC Go to last post
12 22,438
Computers

CIPWTTKT&GC v0x21 (v33): Fuck Titles Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 1322 1323 1324 1325 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Keep your Speedtest shit RULES by daijitsu I'm going to say this, and no one's going to listen. This thread is about people who think or act like they're tech savvy, and fail miserably....

TonyTheBean • 3 reading
1 Minute Ago
by JPlus Go to last post
52,997 1,075,386
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 45 46 47 48 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallbase.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

lavacano • 3 reading
24 Minutes Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
1,889 88,356
Photos
36 Minutes Ago
by Lemmingston Go to last post
2,512 133,664
Science

Funny x 24

Android Thread - The only phones with patented Kernel Panic™ technology! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 464 465 466 467 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews The Verge - Lots of exclusives and lovely looking videos. Anandtech - Less updates,...

57 Minutes Ago
by kaze4159 Go to last post
18,666 416,424
POST YOUR

Post Your Servers v2: "Not my equipment, but..." ( 2 3 4 5 .. 13 14 15 16 Last ) This thread has images

Have servers at home? Post 'em Maintain servers at work? Post 'em Walk by servers on the way to your desk? Post 'em Here's one of the nicer looking schools I work for: http://i.imgur.com/QEGxyY1.jpg And here's one of the not so nicer looking...

MTMod • 1 reading
1 Hour Ago
by Cinnamonbun Go to last post
606 26,647
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 41 42 43 44 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

1 Hour Ago
by MrD3xter Go to last post
1,739 57,913
Computers

The "Quick Questions that does not Deserve a Thread"...Thread. V4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 142 143 144 145 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

2 Hours Ago
by Abrown516 Go to last post
5,781 110,664
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. I broke my Arch Install ( 2 3 4 5 .. 145 146 147 148 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

kaukassus • 2 reading
4 Hours Ago
by Demache Go to last post
5,898 136,826
Help

Windows no longer recognizes 2nd hard drive after installing Ubuntu on it

So awhile back I decided to try and install Ubuntu on my pc's 2nd hard drive. It all turned out ok, despite the lack of tutorials on how to actually do such a thing. The problem is, after installing Ubuntu on it, Windows will no longer recognize the 2nd...

Cryomundus • 1 reading
6 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
4 135
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 27 28 29 30 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

6 Hours Ago
by Shaun555 Go to last post
1,172 26,657
Help

Nady USB-24m not being recognized

I recently bought a Nady USB-24m mic abd for some reason, it's sorted as a, "Unknown Device". I've tried rebooting my PC, I have tried uninstalling the device, I have tried almost everything, updating, looking for the website to update drivers but...

6 Hours Ago
by AlmostPro021 Go to last post
0 36
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 41 42 43 44 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

9 Hours Ago
by Banned? Go to last post
1,723 54,862
Love

Dumb x 28

Apple and Mac Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 103 104 105 106 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from the old thread) In this thread, you can talk about the latest Apple products, bitch about problems, ask a quick question or two, or get help and support pretty quickly, without having to make a thread in the help & support section. ...

16 Hours Ago
by FullStreak12 Go to last post
4,210 77,900
Music

Program for identifying songs? This thread has images

I've been tasked w/ organizing my dad's MASSIVE music collection Most of it is somewhat organized, but there are at least 600 songs w/ NO info on the files and a lot more missing artists/albums and my job here is to sort them out, I've looked...

1 Day Ago
by lavacano Go to last post
8 254
Politics

AMD vs x

Why is it that every time I hear anything to do with AMD like their processors or the Radeon or something, I just feel like "oh... that's ok." But if I heard like an Intel Core i7 or a GeForce 760, I'd always be like "Nice! Not bad!" AMD is just not...

1 Day Ago
by Little Donny Go to last post
19 349
POST YOUR

Post your Speedtest.net Results! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Thread went missing, im curious to see other peoples speeds. Recently we got a new router: Upload speed still sucks, and we should be getting 20mbits when we move the modem next to the router rather than travelling around the whole house. ...

1 Day Ago
by Period Go to last post
823 30,281
Science

i5-2500k won't hold an overclock anymore?

I've had this i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz in my computer for around 2 years of straight 24/7/365 service, and it's served me pretty well. However, one day I restarted my computer and it randomly failed to boot, so I reset the BIOS by taking the CMOS battery out....

1 Day Ago
by fishyfish777 Go to last post
9 303
POST YOUR

Post your lockscreen thread- Android, iOS or WP7- all are welcome! ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last ) This thread has images

Alright since the last thread was either locked or died, I decided to make a new one. Here, you guys can share your lockscreens and homescreens, and hopefully share a link to where or how you got your customizations so that others who like it can use...

1 Day Ago
by Jojje Go to last post
276 11,997
QUESTION

Where do you get tech information from

First thread in a LONG time here in FP. Just wondering how do you stay up to date with technology? How do you understand the job market? What advicee could you give others to help them out? mainly I post on Somethingawful's forum but what sites...

1 Day Ago
by Genericenemy Go to last post
8 194
QUESTION

Buying a low/mid range laptop! What will and what won't run?

I found this great laptop! So I thought I'd ask what it can't run and what it can :) So these are the specs: i5 4200U 1.6ghz 4gb DDR3 RAM (upgradable) GT820M 2GB

2 Days Ago
by gav618 Go to last post
16 242
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 13 14 15 16 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

3 Days Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
623 17,265
QUESTION

Would this be good for a gmod server?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11 74.0 CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus P8H61-I R2.0 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard Memory:...

3 Days Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
29 474
Love

Laptop Hunting: MSi GT70 895? Alternatives?

So I have a budget of something like $1100 to $1400 and have been searching around for a while and I've come upon the MSI GT70 895. Budget isn't terribly strict but $1400 is already the upper limit of what I'd like to spend. ...

3 Days Ago
by circuitbawx Go to last post
16 489
Help

Sony Vega Pro 12 [Text Glitch] This thread has images

Downloaded a SonyVegas template but for some reason some fonts seems to be darken. See image below Here's how it should be Anybody know the problem here?

4 Days Ago
by 2wise Go to last post
24 385
games

Dedicated Server for multiple servers ~200 people. Best host?

Hi, I'm looking for a dedicated server host. I know NFOServers provides them, but I read that OVH (and I think they have US servers) is better, claiming low prices. Though, they look like they raised it. What is the suggested specs and if anybody...

4 Days Ago
by culexor Go to last post
6 149
Help

Computer getting hotter a lot more than normal?

Hey guys, I bought my desktop back in the early summer of '13, built it myself and whatnot, here's the specs: AMD A8-3870k (oc'ing to 3.2ghz) 8GB Corsair Vengeance (oc'ing to 1866mhz) MSI AMD R7 260x Biostar A75MG When I first got it, it all was...

4 Days Ago
by fishyfish777 Go to last post
5 165
Help

Computer fan issues :(

Hey. I recently built my new pc (desktop). And lately I've only been playing runescape (haha), and watching videos/movies. But what I don't understand is, why do my fans make such a noise? Like seriously, you can like hear it from half a mile... So...

4 Days Ago
by Moxeno Go to last post
8 147
Science

RTL-SDR Megathread - Receive radio signals on the cheap ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

RTL-SDR. What the hell is that? RTL refers to the Realtek RTL2832U chipset and SDR stands for Software Defined Radio. Software Defined Radio is a technology that takes many pieces of radio hardware and implements them in software, which makes things...

benjgvps • 1 reading
6 Days Ago
by TonyTheBean Go to last post
130 4,340
Help

Buying a home server, should I build or get a pre built?

So I need a home server, itd need to be low on power consumption and quiet. I plan to do: 1. TV Headend server 2. Bit Torrent Sync server 3. Transmission 4. SVN 5. UPNP streaming (just 720p films and maybe very rarely some 1080p ones) 6. Xen...

6 Days Ago
by Chizbang Go to last post
7 158
Shitpost

Windows Vista doesn't think it installed IE 9, Won't update

Long boring ass story: My laptop croaked so I pulled my old one out of the attic. Was slow as shit and had XP, but I had both XP and Vista restore disks for it, so wth. Some upgrades and it runs decently. Don't have any money for another Windows 7...

1 Week Ago
by aPanzerIV Go to last post
8 173
html

Unrestrictive web hosting?

I was recommended Lithium as a web host. They look good, but they care too much about what I use them for. They don't allow for use as file storage of any kind not directly necessary for the operation of a website. This means I can't hook up my...

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
8 289
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

1 Week Ago
by Slade Xanthas Go to last post
85 2,581
Help

Looking for a new monitor, mainly used for gaming. +/- €170,-

I'm looking for a new monitor and I aim to getting one with the best refresh-rate and response-time for the best price of +/- €170,-. I found the following two models that match my preference, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with...

1 Week Ago
by Zombiespeed Go to last post
0 115
Computers

Energy Recovery System thought. This thread has images

Hey, just kinda had random idea in my head: Would it not be possible to develop ERS system for modern CPU's? Like instead of cooler we would have some device attached which takes heat from CPU and converts it into energy/electricity. Energy...

1 Week Ago
by taipan Go to last post
10 287
Science

Help! Fibonacci cursed my computer

I was a little bored and decided to play around haskell, doing stuff like calculating all fibonacci numbers up to infinity and beyond. Now this weird thing happened ... When it ran for a few seconds and all the numbers flashed by, I saw the commas,...

1 Week Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
4 271
Computers

The Old Computer Thread

Discuss old computers, show off your favorite beige boxes, or just complain about how godawful your old machine was. To start off, I've got the old green/black IBM 5151 monitor sitting around somewhere, but no pictures yet.

1 Week Ago
by pentium Go to last post
1 87
News

Windows 9 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Starting this up again because it's getting close to leak time. What we know so far: • Return of the start menu • Metro apps run in a window for desktop users • Focused on the desktop

1 Week Ago
by Lyokanthrope Go to last post
76 2,535
Computers

Server hosting cp

So I'm thinking about buying a server hosting pc and don't know what I would do about the control panel... I've been looking around on google and bing and also around on facepunch and haven't found anything on it.. I have seen people discussing hardware...

1 Week Ago
by digigamer17 Go to last post
3 151
Help

Reformatting my computer

Hello, my computer is a couple of years old now and it's full of crap, i was thinking about reformatting it but if i do this, do i have to use a Windows CD to get the operating system back? When i did it on my laptop i didn't need anything. I don't think...

1 Week Ago
by gatlinguy Go to last post
6 144
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

1 Week Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
340 8,921