1. Post #1
    September 2010
    333 Posts
    Let me skip straight to the story. At the end of this post there is a link to a google map view of the route I take from my bus stop(point A)to my apartment's clubhouse (point D). Open it in a new tab if you want a visual image of what I'm about to say.

-School ends for me at 2:20PM.
    -School buses depart from the school at 2:27PM.
    -I get to my bus stop at around 2:56PM. From there it's exactly a 15 minute walk to my home at my pace (people tell me I walk very fast).

After getting off the bus I walk a few yards and make a left on a curve. On this sidewalk are backyards with pools. A few yards after walking the curve I spot a very tiny kitty with some vegetation sprouting from its cranium making its way out of a chain-link fence (that's point B on the map). I could feel the poor thing's ribs when I picked him up.

He sees me and scurries back into a ditch by the fence. He saw, however, that I meant no harm when I bent down so he came to explore me.

I let him sit on my uniform shirt while I pondered what to do with him.

So I thought I would ask you guys for help. Lately there have been many threads where destiny brings a FPer and an animal together (cat, bird, tic, etc.)

But before that here's a picture and a video of the kitteh around point C. Sorry but the other video won't upload to photobucket:/

On the way home I thought about what to feed him (I'm a dog type of person by the way). When I got home I opened him a small can of tuna and gave him a third of it(keep in mind that was literally my food for the day)and served him a bit of water in the tuna can after I washed it.

I fixed him a little home because I won't see him again today until about 9PM and I would rather he stay safe in my home than get run over or eaten on the street, or worse, die slowly and painfully of hunger on the street.

I am already taking a risk with this because getting caught with a pet here will cost you a $75 fee plus a warning (after this there's just another warning left before you're kicked out). Additionally I don't even have money for my own food at least once a week. I really would take care of this cat by myself if it was in my power but I simply can't.

So I wanted to ask you guys in helping me care for this kitty until it has grown enough to take care of itself. What I propose is that a paypal account is made and small deposits are made by you, the readers (I'm talking maybe 25 cents or whatever spare change you want to give). The funds here will be used to buy whatever the kitty needs or whatever you guys want to suggest(food, flee collar, name tag, blankies, etc.). I am an honest person and can be trusted with the Paypal account. Also, I will provide logs directly from the website on income and expenses. If you do not trust me you can nominate someone very respected and known on Facepunch to handle the Paypal account.

At the request of the readers I will take photographs and videos to show the cat's growth. I can also use any money to buy it things like a clothes for when it gets cold. If you guys personally want to send the cat some things (socks, yarn, toys, etc.) just message me and I'll see if I give you the shipping address because I won't give out the address to everyone (obviously some people might abuse this).

PLEASE MAKE A VOTE ON WHAT NAME YOU WANT FOR THE KITTEH AND THAT WILL BE HIS NEW NAME

OFF-TOPIC
    There's also a lot of ducks by the canal behind the clubhouse. I feed them every day with a very wise old man who always has trunk-fulls of bread. I really hate seeing animals or people suffer:'(

GoogleMaps link I mentioned at the beginning
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=17

<<<Donations have covered the cost of the vet's visit.
    Any donations made now should be sent with a note on
    what you want it to be used for.

I HAVE MADE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
    THE E-MAIL FOR IT IS: FaceKitteh@yahoo.com
    MAKE SURE YOU COPY IT RIGHT SO THE MONEY DOESNT GO TO ANYONE ELSE
    MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!! MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT TO SEND YOUR OWN ITEMS AS WELL>>>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: September 30th, 2010 - 7:50 PM

Some users have messaged me telling me that
    they want to have other forums join in and make
    donations for Raisin. And others have voiced the
    same feeling in this thread.

Since we have enough money to cover the visit to the vet
    (the most expensive thing on the list) I was thinking
    that maybe now we can have different users rake care of Raisin
    for period of at least 7 days at a time. To get the most people
    possible in on this I recommend everyone tell their friends and people
    around them, and give members of other forums the link to this thread.
    This produces the following benefits

1) It exposes Raisin to MANY new experiences if she gets to travel a lot (meditating on this really makes me mellow)
    2) A wider variety of pictures and videos of Raisin will be available
    3) PROOF THAT HUMANITY IS STILL HUMAN and Raisin supporters show this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: OCTOBER 13TH, 2010 - 11:22 PM

Your very own Facepunch user Pascall has come up with a very
    brilliant idea. She has suggested that we turn this into a Pepsi
    Refresh-funded project. The intention behind this is to
    receive a grant that will be used to take strays off the
    streets and nurse them back to health. We also
    would like you guys to help us find an alternative
    to euthanizing animals that aren't adopted so they
    can continue to live. Finding such an alternative
    would be of significant help to the cause.

Here's is the link to the Steam Community group that was started for this
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FacepunchforRaisin

Here's the thread Pascall opened that gives more information on the Pepsi Refresh project
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....ayward-Kitties

And

Here's the link to the group made on Facepunch just for this
    http://www.facepunch.com/group.php?groupid=1879
    EDIT:October 23rd, 2010 12:57PM

There's one very important thing I wanted to ask all of you.

Here's the link to the Facepunch group for Raisin and The Pepsi Refresh Project. Please click it and like it. It is to get more supporters and also to remind you when voting has started for the project. Please spam this link to as many of your friends as you can as we need all possible support to carry this out. If it wins, there will be a meetup in Texas with all the people who helped make this possible and everyone will know what Facepunch is capable of. And remember to please, please let as many people as you can know about this.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...03947086337331
    [b]WEBSITE MADE BY THE FOLLOWING USER: LATEM

>>>>>>>>>>>>www.raisinraisin.weebly.com<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<

These two avatars courtesy of DinoJesus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: October 17th, 2010 6:33PM

Read post #791 so you can understand why these links are here

Dag10
    https://docs1.google.com/document/ed...thkey=CNWK7uwH

Makol
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9898/saveraisin.png

Slinkman
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/My_attemopt.png

Electric Waffle
    https://docs.google.com/document/edi...43Sb5wog&hl=en
    http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a...dom/Raisin.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 391Dumb x 16Bad Spelling x 6Informative x 3Funny x 2Winner x 2Disagree x 1Late x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,953 Posts
    Awww, I love cats.

Here's some cool names:

Agree - Miki
    Disagree - Zuzu
    Dumb - Snowball (irony har har)
    Funny - Chezhead (:D)
    Informative - Odin
    Heart - Zippo
    Tool - Zabbie
    Rainbow - Mae

Tips:

Make a scratching post by wrapping rope around a 2x4 and nail it onto a wooden square flat thing for support.

If you have hardwood floors, or non-carpet areas, just simply put a straw on the ground for a toy. The only things you should need to buy it in terms of toys is some catnip. Attaching a sock filled with newspaper and catnip to a string will work just as well if not better than some fish shaped plush.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 290Friendly x 43Funny x 14Dumb x 10Agree x 9Optimistic x 7Late x 4Useful x 3Artistic x 3Zing x 3Bad Spelling x 2Disagree x 2Winner x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,559 Posts
    You're a noble person. When I get my paypal account, I will definitely contribute. I think you should name it Facepunch or Rorschach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 19Dumb x 2Friendly x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,624 Posts
    Name it "Adolf".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Croatia Show Events Disagree x 53Funny x 38Agree x 18Dumb x 10Optimistic x 3Winner x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    goatse
    January 2006
    27,932 Posts
    Please more pictures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,507 Posts
    This would be a good community project actually. Everyone pitches in a few bucks to raise a cat.
    If it doesn't work, bring it to a shelter at the very least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2009
    685 Posts
    I would definitely donate if I had a paypal account. I could send you a few cans of tuna if that would help the little guy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gay Member #1
    November 2009
    7,352 Posts
    Call it

Raisin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 74Winner Winner x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    8,893 Posts
    No give it a normal name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 7Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2010
    333 Posts
    Please more pictures
    I will take some pictures later on tonight. I might not post them on as soon though But I won't take forever either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,551 Posts
    Name him Hezzy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 33Funny x 9Disagree x 4Winner x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    I love cats to death and I feel awful for saying this, but if you're unsure you'll be able to pay for the food and comfort that the cat wants, it might be better to give it to somebody who could. At least it would be happiest there.

Edited:

This would be a good community project actually. Everyone pitches in a few bucks to raise a cat.
    Or this if you can get it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    goatse
    January 2006
    27,932 Posts
    You have to post more pictures NOW I cannot get ENOUGH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    pod
    Nigged ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    August 2008
    1,946 Posts
    You're a noble person. When I get my paypal account, I will definitely contribue. I think you should name it Facepunch or Rorschach.
    Good idea. I'll try to donate myself if you decide to open up a PayPal.

Got a good place to stash him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2010
    333 Posts
    The google Map shows the area where I live. If you can find a nearby shelter then please message me that. Although people seem to like this project

Edited:

I would definitely donate if I had a paypal account. I could send you a few cans of tuna if that would help the little guy?
    Message me on FP if you want. Or look me up on facebook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2009
    42 Posts
    I think you should name it Facepunch or Rorschach.
    I think you should call it Facepuncher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,738 Posts
    Cute overload!!!

This picture made my day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 90Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    September 2010
    333 Posts
    You're a noble person. When I get my paypal account, I will definitely contribue. I think you should name it Facepunch or Rorschach.
    Thank you so much=DD. I will make a Paypal account then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,244 Posts
    awwwwww. that cat's adorable.
    just don't let it get fat and lazy, or it'll be a slob in it's older years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    Pick a normal name.

Like Henry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,336 Posts

fuckin' love cats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 145Dumb x 12Agree x 6Friendly x 6Disagree x 3Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,063 Posts
    That kitten is going to die if you leave it in the hands of facepunch.

Jus' sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 31Dumb x 9Agree x 6Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2009
    685 Posts
    I would advise against taking him to a shelter. At most shelters, they euthanize any pets who've been there for over two weeks. :ohdear:

Try and find someone to adopt him if you can't take care of him yourself. Put up fliers around school or ask your friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    15,095 Posts
    So cute I almost died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    pod
    Nigged ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    August 2008
    1,946 Posts
    That kitten is going to die if you leave it in the hands of facepunch.

Jus' sayin'.
    You haven't been around long, have you?

Over the past two weeks, I must have seen over seven threads here about people and their dying cats, who have lived long, healthy, lives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,944 Posts

Great picture .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    July 2010
    1,067 Posts
    give it to the chinese resturant, they need it more than you!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb x 43Funny x 28Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    hardest nigga around
    September 2008
    1,876 Posts
    My day. It is made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,616 Posts
    give it to the chinese resturant, they need it more than you!!!
    :frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 56Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    D'awwww take care of it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2009
    943 Posts
    Aww, when I get a paypal I'll deffo contribute :)

32. Post #32
    May 2010
    766 Posts
    oh my god so cute :3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    262 Posts
    If I wasn't allergic I would've stolen that cat from you before this thread was made.
    Also name it Piano.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    854 Posts
    A few yards after walking the curve I spot a very tiny kitty with some vegetation sprouting from its cranium making its way out of a chain-link fence
    THAT is not good thing.

I'm hoping you mean it merely got some grass on it's head or something, and that nothing is seriously growing out of the cats skull.

If it is something growing out of the cats skull, that is not good. It needs to be checked out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2010
    124 Posts
    Name it Doug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 42Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2010
    1,204 Posts
    Wheres this paypal account you speak of?

37. Post #37
    June 2010
    161 Posts
    Totes, bro.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,371 Posts
    What's with the little leaf on it's head, is it stuck in its fur or what? It might be a relative to the Pikmin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2009
    262 Posts
    It's good and all, but if you're trolling I'm pretty sure Facepunch will make another thread asking for money. Instead here, the money goes to your bounty.

Also scratch it on it's cheek.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,445 Posts
    If I ever get a cat, I'll name it "Quack"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)