1. Post #1961
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    It looked like he used Source filmmaker for it. Was curious if the "Use AVI" Function in SFM could actually work, or if he managed to get a demo onto the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #1962
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    It looked like he used Source filmmaker for it. Was curious if the "Use AVI" Function in SFM could actually work, or if he managed to get a demo onto the beta.
    Nope, that's just After Effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #1963
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Damn... Well i wonder if there is some way if you mess around with the files enough to get the beta to open a new demo file. That would be amazing :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,935 Posts
    This reminds me:
    what song is that, I like it.

5. Post #1965
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,756 Posts
    Nope, that's just After Effects.
    So i tried to do something on a clip in AE, i think i overdid the "effects" though

Also, i forgot to remove the HUD before rendering it.

Processing at the time of posting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_private...xaLlxTJWbsk98g

Lipsyncing test.

(link is private so I don't flood my subscriber's inboxes with little test videos)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1967
    June 2008
    253 Posts
    what song is that, I like it.
    Gifted by NASA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_private...xaLlxTJWbsk98g

Lipsyncing test.

(link is private so I don't flood my subscriber's inboxes with little test videos)
    Thats awesome! do you have sites where i can learn to do that? That was like perfect.

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Thats awesome! do you have sites where i can learn to do that? That was like perfect.
    I've been meaning to make a tutorial, but I've got way too much school work right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

10. Post #1970
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    I've been meaning to make a tutorial, but I've got way too much school work right now.
    Cant wait for it when you get around for it, your others helped out a lot haha.

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,784 Posts
    Oh shit! I ran this with Steam running and now everything is in Russian.

Also, VAC can't ban you for running this because VAC only works on VAC-secured multiplayer servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    If anyone cares, i had an issue when using mp_usehwmmodels and vrcds, but i fixed it. It would normally make really awful looking faceposes that were usually broken. Models looked no different either. I messed around and got it working. Can someone tell me if its been posted, if not, ill upload the files.

And can anyone tell me how to use DoF?

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    If anyone cares, i had an issue when using mp_usehwmmodels and vrcds, but i fixed it. It would normally make really awful looking faceposes that were usually broken. Models looked no different either. I messed around and got it working. Can someone tell me if its been posted, if not, ill upload the files.

And can anyone tell me how to use DoF?
    r_sfmfulcrumdof 1, then hold F and move the mouse to change the focal point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    I would love a tutorial for faceposer on SFM.. you know how many lives you'd save? Or imagine was Jimbomcb could do....

15. Post #1975
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    r_sfmfulcrumdof 1, then hold F and move the mouse to change the focal point.
    Thank you!

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,938 Posts
    Nah I wish I was able to use demos in SFM. Everyone seems to go nuts over that video. You could easily pull all that off without even touching After Effects, it just involves more patience and some console commands. You could pull off way better motion blur than my video, simply from recording at 4x the framerate and doing frameblending and yadda yadda. I'm just lazy and I added the Reelsmart Motion Blur plugin on the video footage, plus a slight color desaturation and some curves adjustments.

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

Lip Sync tutorial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #1978
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Lipsync because of ^ that guy.

Video quality is lame, didnt feel like waiting for just a simple test.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #1979
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    Lipsync because of ^ that guy.

Video quality is lame, didnt feel like waiting for just a simple test.

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qOJ41WiCrb8
    I lol'd so Heavily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1980
    August 2009
    336 Posts
    I lol'd so Heavily.
    hurhuhurhuhuuhurhuhur

its funny you see

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,943 Posts
    hurhuhurhuhuuhurhuhur

its funny you see
    Your avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

22. Post #1982
    April 2008
    367 Posts
    Cant wait for it when you get around for it, your others helped out a lot haha.
    If you wanna learn faceposer and choreography just look it up on google. You really want to follow Katana's tho. It helped me make my awesome lip syncs. (I'm making a machinima about the events between Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 and will stretch to episode one and 2 and 3, and then we may even stretch it to Black Mesa Source.) If you want this film maker the only way you can get it is torrents...via looking up "Tf2 Beta" in google.

23. Post #1983
    October 2006
    12 Posts
    Here's a few of my SFM videos, made these a while ago but I only just considered putting them here since that's what everyone else is doing

I have another video as well, but it is 3D using the proper YT3D tag (which seems to be broken since the lame YouTube update).

EDIT:
    Sorry I didn't know there was a post limit :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Reg
    August 2009
    942 Posts
    Wow stop posting here, the thread will close in 13 posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,662 Posts
    I dont see anything special about these videos. Looks exactly the same as other SFM videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,405 Posts
    Now would you look at that.

After 4 months this thread finally reaches 2000 posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    Congradurashun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

28. Post #1988
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Now would you look at that.

After 4 months this thread finally reaches 2000 posts.
    Yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1989
    August 2009
    336 Posts
    Thread nearing an end, finally!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

30. Post #1990
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Who's gonna make the new one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1991
    January 2010
    68 Posts
    In an effort to reach 2000 posts faster:

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a way to make the movement of your puppets more smooth? When i record stuff they're really jaggy. I know you can just smooth the rootTransform, but that will make it go out of sync with the weapon.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to keyframe the Focalpoint beyond 200?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

33. Post #1993
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a way to make the movement of your puppets more smooth? When i record stuff they're really jaggy. I know you can just smooth the rootTransform, but that will make it go out of sync with the weapon.

You can try smoothing the weapon's animation set by the same amount. Other than that, I don't know.

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,370 Posts

I'd help you but I'm too shock-stricken by your avatar to type.

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,644 Posts
    Posting shit to get your post count up? Does post count even matter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #1996
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    You can try smoothing the weapon's animation set by the same amount. Other than that, I don't know.
    Ye i tried doing that and thought it would just even out, but for some reason it doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

37. Post #1997
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,194 Posts
    Uh, I acquired this and it starts in commentary mode. What's up with this?

Edited:

Oh damn, they patched it?

How'd people get it working now then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

38. Post #1998
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    Are you sure you're using the beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1999
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,194 Posts
    Are you sure you're using the beta?
    Oh

I see the problem now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

40. Post #2000
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,368 Posts
    Last post here. Was a good thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)