1. Post #1
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    THIS ADDON IS CONTAINED IN THE CARTER ADDON PACK

[release]Stargate KINO Pack – revision 32
    What is that?
    Everybody know’s KINO – small Flying Ball with camera and sensors. It some kind off small MALP. It have it’s own KINO dyspenser and KINO Remote Controller. It can be also controllable by Destiny Consoles.

[release]
    Features:

####KINO SWEP

##KINO Manual Control: Command the KINO to move precisely the way you want. Control is like you would any vehicle, or player.

##Stargate Control: Convienently, the DHD panel used in AVON's Stargate Addon is very similar to the actual KINO remote panel in the show. While I plan on creating an edited overlay of AVON's panel over time, for now it will do to give everyone a DHD SWEP.

##Ring Controller: Also, a ring controller has been added to the remote.

Yes, we know this isn't completely confirmed, however with the current functionality of the KRD in SGU, it would be highly unlikely that it wouldn't be able to be modified to connect to the Ring Dialing System. Also, it is pretty darn convienent to have everything in one SWEP.

####KINO Ball

Thanks to Madman07 we now have fully functioning and continually enhanced KINOs. With his help, the KINO Remote Device(KRD herein) is also now fully functional. In Active mode, you can actually see that’s, what KINO see. Also, it display All eviromental data (currently not included). Be aware, KINO can be easily destroyed.

####KINO Dispenser

Using the KINO Dispenser Entity, one can spawn a KINO.

####Destiny Console

A Destiny console used to show both KINO feed and dial the Stargate.
    [/release]
    Which keys do I need?[list][*] SWEP: Use Current Mode::Fire1 (Left Click)[*] SWEP: Switch to Next Mode::Fire2 (Right Click)[*] KINO: Directional Flight::W,A,S,D (Moving Keys)[*] KINO: Hover Upward::Jump (Space)[*] KINO: Hover Downward::Crouch (Left Control)[*] KINO: Flashlight::Reload (R)[*] KINO: Zoom::Use (E)[*] KINO: Self-Destruct::(Not Yet Functional)[*] DISPENSER: Spawn KINO::Use (E)[*] CONSOLE: DHD:: Use anywhere aside from screen (E)[*] CONSOLE: KINO Control Mode::Use on screen (E)[/list][/release]

[release]IMPORTANT[list][*] You need Iziraider’s Stargate Model Pack, WireMod and aVoN Stargate pack to make it work.[*] You can use it with RD and LS.[*] I uploaded it on svn cause it will be update often. Please don't re-upload it to garrysmod.org - I will do that in time.[*] Like I said - its in progress. Still working on everything[/list]
    Credits:[list][*] KINO Remote SWEP::Suitch(Blazemann), Madman07[*] KINO::Madman07[*] Dispenser::Madman07[*] Destiny Console::assasin21, Madman07[*] Destiny Console Display::Madman07[*] All Models::Iziraider[*] All textures and icons::Boba Fett(Montross)[*] All Sound::Locutus_1 [*] Hand Device Base Code::JDM12989 & aVoN[*] Stargate Mod::aVoN[*] Online testing on 91.192.210.166:27018::TheCreeper[/list][/release]

[release]Download and pictures:
    DOWNLOAD THE CARTER ADDON PACK[/url]

Some other great addons:
    Madman’s Weapon Pack: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=922394
    assassin21 Gate Pack: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=925668 [/release][/QUOTE]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    497 Posts
    Nice SWEP. Congratulation.

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Try adding
    SWEP.ViewModelFOV = 80
    to the shared.lua file.
    It should look a bit better.

4. Post #4
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    nice but rly change the rigs, the arms are rly blocky and bad compiled and i would suggest using the css arms.

5. Post #5
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    nice but rly change the rigs, the arms are rly blocky and bad compiled and i would suggest using the css arms.
    Those are Iziraider's models. I will ask if he coul up the poly on the fingers.

Nice SWEP. Congratulation.
    Thanks

Try adding
    SWEP.ViewModelFOV = 80
    to the shared.lua file.
    It should look a bit better.
    Again, thanks.

Edited:

I just can't wait until a kino is made so I can finish it. I will also be applying a patch for adding that line and fixing some readme typos.

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Those are Iziraider's models. I will ask if he could up the poly on the fingers.
    I can't do anything about the fingers because I didn't make them.
    They are from the source sdk. Also, I can't find any smd files for the css hands.

I just can't wait until a kino is made so I can finish it. I will also be applying a patch for adding that line and fixing some readme typos.
    Why don't you try coding the kino yourself ?

Btw, you can make the FOV a little bigger than 80. Try 90 or 95, whichever looks better.

7. Post #7
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I would try to code it but now I'm coding to much staff and I need to come down, don't let me to code that ;p

8. Post #8
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    I would try to code it but now I'm coding to much staff and I need to come down, don't let me to code that ;p
    I would code a KINO, but I don't know how long it would take... It might lead to people have false hopes, and someone else finishing before me.

I may try making a KINO, I will have an answer by the end of the day.

Edited:

I have decided to start the Pre-WIP. Continue chat on the KINO here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=947370

9. Post #9
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    Would it be really hard to make this also work kind of like the remote controller from wire? Like:

Right click to select mode of linking with a SENT that outputs wire
    Left click on the SENT
    Right click to select mode of "Output"
    Use Right click(or other button) to get out of mode.

I'd love to be able to use this with my Kino e2, but it's only a suggestion.

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    I don't know, I could try. See, I could never properly load your kino.

11. Post #11

February 2009
    663 Posts
    Would it be really hard to make this also work kind of like the remote controller from wire? Like:

Right click to select mode of linking with a SENT that outputs wire
    Left click on the SENT
    Right click to select mode of "Output"
    Use Right click(or other button) to get out of mode.

I'd love to be able to use this with my Kino e2, but it's only a suggestion.
    ????

Can you make an save or and advdub and post a download link?

12. Post #12
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    ????

Can you make an save or and advdub and post a download link?
    Old thread about it.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=901037

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    Kude, I am going to start checking out your kino tomorrow. Then, if I think it is doable, we can turn that e2 into a SENT.(This isn't a promiss, this is a maybe)

14. Post #14
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    Yeah, but there's one fault with it. It is set to stay a set area away from you, so it won't hover behind you. Can't figure out how to do that. But I'm pretty sure the remote control mode is without error.

Edited:

Wait, turn it into a SENT? You mean look at it and make the SENT based on similar lua functions? I'm still a bit of a lua noob in every way, know only slightly about printing strings and tables to the console .

15. Post #15
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    I can't do anything about the fingers because I didn't make them.
    They are from the source sdk. Also, I can't find any smd files for the css hands.
    Thats why there are rigs for it...

http://www.fpsbanana.com/modelcats/19

16. Post #16
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    In that screenshot, is that exactly what you see? Because it looks like you cut the bottom off the picture...

...If that is what it looks like in game - I think the device needs to be a little more elevated so you can actually see the whole model...

17. Post #17
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    ya it is it needs to be allot more viewable.

18. Post #18
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    The field of view of the viewmodel needs to be set to a higher number.

19. Post #19
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    well first it needs a new rig and whit that rig you can change the orgins.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,448 Posts
    I'm currently trying to create a 3d2d cam and render the rt material right on the screen which is almost done... I just have no Idea how to the rt camera position for that kino ball.

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    Sorry, I have been off for a while. I will be off again for a while. But I came by to say that I am not making a Kino now, but will update the remote when one is released.

22. Post #22
    June 2007
    836 Posts
    Sorry, I have been off for a while. I will be off again for a while. But I came by to say that I am not making a Kino now, but will update the remote when one is released.
    talk to madman07 i belive hes going to be making a kino then you can code the remote to move the kino

23. Post #23
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I wrote to him. I just started to coding kino dispenser and kino :) But i dont know how much time it will take.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    It's first, really small version of KINO and Dispenser. It go just where u aim. After stepping trough gate, it stands near them.

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    614 Posts
    It's first, really small version of KINO and Dispenser. It go just where u aim. After stepping trough gate, it stands near them.

that's amazing good job im so looking forward to this

26. Post #26
    January 2008
    972 Posts

Super Epic Shit man :D

Edited:

i should edit the texture some more or is it good as it is now ?

27. Post #27
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    for the Kino SWEP i used the SVN and it gives me this error:

MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for Iziraider/kinoremote/v_kinoremote.mdl
    MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for Iziraider\kinoremote\w_kinoremote.mdl

i cannot see the model of the kino SWEP.

Edit:
    also got the gmod.org version and got the same error

28. Post #28
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    for the Kino SWEP i used the SVN and it gives me this error:

MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for Iziraider/kinoremote/v_kinoremote.mdl
    MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for Iziraider\kinoremote\w_kinoremote.mdl

i cannot see the model of the kino SWEP.

Edit:
    also got the gmod.org version and got the same error
    re-install gmod

29. Post #29
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    nothing else is wrong, im not doing a total reinstall just for one addon.

30. Post #30
    January 2008
    972 Posts
    well one or more addons are conflicting whit this one, and will eventually be bad for your game.

31. Post #31
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Your problem then. Don't complain to us about it.

32. Post #32
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    all im saying is would it be worth reinstalling the whole thing when theres a chance it wont work after?

33. Post #33
    May 2010
    61 Posts
    I know this has nothing to do with the KINO Remote, but I keep having this error "REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK" whenever I use the SVN and I have no idea what this means so I could use some help.

34. Post #34
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Ok guys. Write here any propositions. Should kino have light? And should kino swep have option for ring control?

For now i did 2 modes. In one, kino just go to some position (in future it will go around that position - watching mode). And the second one, u actually can fly with kino, go trough gate :) In future there will be distance limit - if u will go to far, or if gate will shutdown, then u can't control kino :)

35. Post #35
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Ok guys. Write here any propositions. Should kino have light? And should kino swep have option for ring control?

For now i did 2 modes. In one, kino just go to some position (in future it will go around that position - watching mode). And the second one, u actually can fly with kino, go trough gate :) In future there will be distance limit - if u will go to far, or if gate will shutdown, then u can't control kino :)
    You should add the light, and when you add distance limit, make it so the kino will deactivate and fall down when it gets out of range.

36. Post #36

February 2009
    663 Posts
    dont fallk daown only withe nergy hud i mean you can use a kino an half an hour and than the kkino is falling down

Light? YES the kino has an nightvision in the TV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Ok, now kino have operation distance setted to 1500 game units. If u will go to far, u can't control it. It works with active gates (no matter wormhole direction (i mean no matter if it was activated from kino side or player side)). It work's on with one wormhole (more is pointless).

38. Post #38

February 2009
    663 Posts
    cool when do you think the kino is wip ready to test

39. Post #39
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,819 Posts
    re-install gmod
    Not the problem, he got a messed up .vvd file

40. Post #40
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    Okay, me and Madman07 are now working together to finish this. It will now have ring control as well as all of the stated features from Madman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)