1. Post #1
    [release][tab]Name:[/tab] Zero Suit Samus Reskins

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0, likely final

[tab]Includes:[/tab] 42 hexed models.

[tab]Download:[/tab]

[tab]NPCs[/tab] Yes
    [tab]Player Models[/tab] Yes
    [tab]Spawnlist[/tab] Yes[/release]

These are a bunch of ports from Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods. Not the game itself. Mods, made by other people. All I did was convert the textures into GMod format and hex them.

The model itself was ported by FluxMage. All the skins I ported were found on http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Braw...0Suit%20Samus%

I do believe I'm setting a record for fastest time between request and delivery. Seriously, I only started on this a few hours ago. There is almost definitely a bug I missed. If you can't find any, there's probably a bug you missed as well.

SKINS:
    I tried copying the list of skins from the readme here, but the tabs broke. I won't retype all 42 of them again, but I'll hit the highlights:
    Samus (Other M Uniform)
    Asuka Langley Soryu
    Samus as The Boss
    Corrupted Samus
    Lightning
    Petty Officer Nicole-458
    Nude Samus
    Nova, from Starcraft: Ghost

This is the main place for this release. I rarely check the Garrysmod.org page. You can request thing, but I am not guaranteed to fulfill your requests. In particular, skins that change the mesh data are beyond my ability to port.

I will NOT upload to another site, and I do not want this uploaded to another site. I paid for my copy of GMod. You should too.

If you are the author of one of these skins, and wish me to remove your work from this, or feel you have been denied proper credit, just email me at makerofthegames@gmail.com. I'm not trying to be evil here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2010
    1,152 Posts
    Saw on gmod.org and first comment :biggrin:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    Thanks for the Nova one.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,268 Posts
    Awesome. My only criticism of the models is that they're all automatically set to "No decal 1". But that's easily fixed if you know what you're doing and have a copy of VTF edit.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,983 Posts
    Cool, nice job organizing these.

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    84 Posts
    is anyone else having the problems that im having...the fact that the models arnt working, for the NPC's i keep getting the big ERROR signs and just nothing for the ragdolls.

im not great with those techy things so if someone gimmie a hand id repay you with a big virtual hug. cheers.

7. Post #7
    February 2009
    122 Posts
    Nice! I see Tifa Lockhart in there. :D

8. Post #8
    is anyone else having the problems that im having...the fact that the models arnt working, for the NPC's i keep getting the big ERROR signs and just nothing for the ragdolls.

im not great with those techy things so if someone gimmie a hand id repay you with a big virtual hug. cheers.
    Where did you install it?

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    84 Posts
    Where did you install it?
    extracted all the folders to the material, models, lua and settings folders in the main garrysmod folder...seems to work for everything else, is that not the way to go about these models? have i not read something somewhere? i seem to be doing that alot recently :/

10. Post #10
    That should be it, unless I seriously messed something up. Hang on a minute, let me download and install that copy to check it.

Edited:

OK, just checked. It should work fine.

Although I did find a few bugs. The NPCs for "Phazon Suit Samus #2" and "Samus in Asuka Suit" are set to the wrong model, and show up as errors. All the other NPCs work, and all the ragdolls work.

I'll be uploading a fixed one soon. If you don't want to redownload, just go to the file lua/autorun/samuses_npc.lua, and change the following lines:

Line 27: change "samusbka2" to "samusbka1"
    Line 377: change "samusphz1" to "samusphz2"

Also, I would like some better images for the fixed upload. Anyone care to make some?

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    July 2010
    2,055 Posts
    Someone show the nude samus on a better pc.And I will download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Would anybody be kind enough to take some better screenshots? I'm terrible at posing, and I'd like to replace my lame images.

13. Post #13
    January 2010
    11 Posts
    whats with the excessive lighting on the bodies? heads are fine

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,268 Posts
    whats with the excessive lighting on the bodies? heads are fine
    Yeah, I've noticed that too.

15. Post #15
    OK, here's the plan. I'm working on a few reskins of the armored Samus. I'll also be doing a bunch of fixes to the Zero Suit skins, fixing the "no decal" problem, and hopefully fixing the brightness problems on the bodies. I expect to have that out in a day or so.

In the meantime, I would still like some images to replace my atrocious poses. If anybody would be nice enough to make some, I'd be very grateful.

16. Post #16
    April 2010
    5 Posts
    Thank you so much, it was exactly what I was looking for :D

How many poses do you need ? I looove making poses, it's the first reason why I bought GMod ^^

17. Post #17
    Make however many you feel like. I can only use three, but one might just be the big pile of the lot.

By the way, would anybody be willing to make a phymodel for a ragdoll I'm porting? I'll be doing a bunch of models, but I can use one phymodel for all of them.

18. Post #18
    April 2010
    5 Posts
    Ouch yeah, there is a really big problem with bright of bodies... And they have not the same skin color that the head, they are too light ( But I don't know if it's because of brightness problem, I don't think so )...

Are you sure you want poses with this models or can I wait next version ?

19. Post #19
    I'll go ahead and fix this version, then you can do the poses with that.

Although, to be honest, I'm not really working on it that much. I've got other projects I'm working on. Really, the only reason I released this was because I got it done in one day.

20. Post #20
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,574 Posts
    I'll go ahead and fix this version, then you can do the poses with that.

Although, to be honest, I'm not really working on it that much. I've got other projects I'm working on. Really, the only reason I released this was because I got it done in one day.
    Yes please fix this.
    Other than the head these look fine.

21. Post #21
    July 2010
    24 Posts
    so hot :smug:

22. Post #22
    October 2007
    30 Posts
    This is really excellent work. Great Job!!

I'm surprised you left out the Claire Redfields!! It would be great if you could make those (both from the original RE2 and the Darkside version RE2 one)... :)

23. Post #23
    This is really excellent work. Great Job!!

I'm surprised you left out the Claire Redfields!! It would be great if you could make those (both from the original RE2 and the Darkside version RE2 one)... :)
    Might as well. I probably missed them because they were so recent; I browsed through the skins sorted by download count, and I didn't pay much attention towards the end because most of them were crap.

Edited:

OK, good news/bad news time.

The good news is that I can fix the brightness problems. Apparently, whoever ported the model in the first place enabled pretty much every trick (ambient occlusion, phong, etc) without actually making the needed maps. And also enabled $selfillum, for some reason.

The bad news is that the textures still didn't flow smoothly. After much wracking of my brain, I decided to check to see if the original textures taken from the mods matched. They don't.

From what I can tell, Brawl used palletized textures for Samus's body (like a .gif), but normal textures for everything else. Since I can't export the pallet map in a usable form, I'm basically stuck with a bad copy.

I'm trying to fix it by hand-editing, but it's not going so well, and is too time-consuming to do for everything. I'm basically going to do it for the nude, and maybe a few others. I won't bother with the less-revealing ones, since you won't notice.

Since the nude skin is so bad anyways, I'm also doing some improvements. Basically, the parts that don't look nude, will. Except the shoes. Can't do anything about that.

The update will probably be out later rather than sooner. This is really just something to do when I have writer's block (and modeler's block, and mapper's block, and coder's block). Basically, I only work on this when I can't or don't feel like working on something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    One more quick update:

I've gotten all the old models fixed as much as they're going to be. Fixed the glow, adjusted the color where needed. I also added normal maps to all of them.

Next step is new content. The Redfield skins for ZS samus, and a couple of the Varia samus skins. I might also do some skins for other characters, but we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Another news update:

I've been porting skins for the other characters. I've gotten the Power Suit Samus and Shiek skins ported. I also did one for Lin, just because the model had been ported.

I would like to port the others, but I'm having difficulty find models that were ported from Brawl. Quite a few are just the characters, taken from other games, and packaged as Brawl models. I'll keep trying, because there are some really good skins I want to use, but I simply can't do it without the Brawl models.

Right now, the update will add three Sheik skins, ten Powersuit Samus skins, four Zero suit Samus skins, and one Lin skin. Only the ZS skins will have NPCs/Playermodels, though.

26. Post #26
    March 2010
    126 Posts
    Can you upload on megaupload or something similar, please?

27. Post #27
    Can you upload on megaupload or something similar, please?
    No. I had to pay for GMod, so should you.

The updated pack is essentially done. However, uploading it is on hold until I get a response from one of the admins regarding the rules. So, actually, there is a chance I may be uploading to a different site, but only if I cannot use garrysmod.org.

28. Post #28
    October 2007
    30 Posts
    Can't wait till the release. :)

My biggest problem with garrysmod.org is that half of the files that I downloaded are corrupted and completely useless, which is really becoming annoying. Since this is will be a newly uploaded one, it's probably not going to be a problem.

Keep up the great work!!

29. Post #29
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,574 Posts

The updated pack is essentially done. However, uploading it is on hold until I get a response from one of the admins regarding the rules. So, actually, there is a chance I may be uploading to a different site, but only if I cannot use garrysmod.org.
    Thanks for the update I really do love this pack.

30. Post #30
    March 2010
    126 Posts

Ok thanks dude.

31. Post #31
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,574 Posts
    Did you ever get a response from the admins?

32. Post #32
    Did you ever get a response from the admins?
    Not yet.

I'm going on vacation in an hour or so, I'll be AFK for a few days. Hopefully there will be a reply waiting when I get back.

33. Post #33
    Wow, still no response. That's... unusual.

Time to give up on the lesser moderators. I'm taking this all the way to the top. I'll be PMing Garry.

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Brawl vault models can be put into gmod?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,707 Posts
    Now make a zero clothes Samus

36. Post #36
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,574 Posts
    Wow, still no response. That's... unusual.

Time to give up on the lesser moderators. I'm taking this all the way to the top. I'll be PMing Garry.
    Why not upload it somewhere else like file smelt.
    I highly doubt you will ever get an answer from a mod.

37. Post #37
    Here's the plan:

I will upload two different versions. The Garrysmod.org release will be PG-13, and the FileSmelt (or whatever host I use) release will include the three NSFW models. Download whichever one you want.

While I put on the finishing touches to everything, here's an image of dual Samus reskins:

Edited:

PS: Would anyone like to make the images for the next release? I'm uploading the NSFW edition to mediafire as I type this, but I'd like some images for the garrysmod.org release. Anybody want early access in exchange for making some images?

38. Post #38
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,574 Posts
    Samus reskins:
    Those look awesome

39. Post #39
    July 2010
    27 Posts
    I got the old pack, accidentally deleted it, then was about to download it again when I noticed the thread here. Now I think it'll be worth waiting until you release the new version. XD

My only gripes with the old version was the shading difference between the head and body (which I see you've been fixing), and that the NPCs were missing spawn icons, and they were all piled into the "humans" tab, which I didn't really like. So if the NPCs get their own section, and have icons, I'll be as happy as a lark. ^^

I'd also be willing to help with the images, but keep in mind that I'm still inexperienced, so I can't guarantee that I'd be able to come up with anything good. This is what I consider my best work. I don't mind if you decide to turn me down.

40. Post #40
    I got the old pack, accidentally deleted it, then was about to download it again when I noticed the thread here. Now I think it'll be worth waiting until you release the new version. XD

My only gripes with the old version was the shading difference between the head and body (which I see you've been fixing), and that the NPCs were missing spawn icons, and they were all piled into the "humans" tab, which I didn't really like. So if the NPCs get their own section, and have icons, I'll be as happy as a lark. ^^

I'd also be willing to help with the images, but keep in mind that I'm still inexperienced, so I can't guarantee that I'd be able to come up with anything good. This is what I consider my best work. I don't mind if you decide to turn me down.
    That's not too bad, but I'd prefer someone with more practice. I'll call you Plan C.

Although I now need to go edit all the lua to put the NPCs in a separate section. Not sure if I'll do the icons, though.

And my offer for pics still stands. I don't want to release without images, and I can't change them once they're on garrysmod.org. So PM me if you want the job.