1. Post #201

December 2010
    1 Posts
    ok so im having problem with the controls, im using a mac (im guessing this is the reason)
    and i cant change the controls throught he ingame way (the menu > Utilities > WAC/Helicopter) the helicopter option is there, but nothing shows up except the presets, which are useless. so yeah,

main problem: my controls are not configured, and i cant change them

EDIT: heres the log:

LC ULib ERROR] Received invalid sound
    Can't change replicated ConVar wac_spawnmod_enable from console of client, only server operator can change its value
    Unknown command: wac_headshotfix_enable
    Warning: vgui.Create failed to create the VGUI component (WACKeyboardKey)
    [@gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:99] ControlPanelBuildFunction Error: [WAC/client/e_menu_helicopter.lua:78] attempt to index local 'k' (a nil value

2. Post #202
    September 2010
    3 Posts
    Could you upload it with RT7 swep only for me? I've always wanted to make more than one camera+screen (for bases) Thanks, nice job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    December 2009
    3,739 Posts
    Is there a way to replace the "custom crosshair"?
    So that I can have something else which is not the white crosshair?

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    I have a custom model for the Pistol and the ironsight ain't working properly. Can you (or anyone else) tell me how to fix this?

Edited:

INB4 a smartass tells me to remove the custom model.

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    I have a custom model for the Pistol and the ironsight ain't working properly. Can you (or anyone else) tell me how to fix this?

Edited:

INB4 a smartass tells me to remove the custom model.
    Start the VM Positioner (Q-Menu/Utilities/WAC/SWEPs)
    Enter viewmodel path
    Spawn it, select it from your weapons
    Change values
    Edit "WAC Sweps/data/WAC SWEPs/weapon_pistol.txt"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,789 Posts
    It seems that my garrysmod crashes whenever i spawn the Black hawk, and no there are no errors.

And sorry if anyone else have already posted this.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    309 Posts
    Hi, I have a couple questions about your addon pack. It seems like there are models in your SVN link for a Pavelow helicopter, but there's no lua for it so it doesn't work. Should I download the one that's on garrysmod.org? it seems to be the same thing but with the lua code included.

Also I'm sorry if anyone may have said this before me, but the link to the tactical weapons pack is dead, and the modern warfare weapons seem very out of date... (i had to correct some of the script files in order to play the reload sounds) For our convieneince, could you please at least include the weapon models in the svn link? Thanks for reading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    September 2009
    129 Posts
    tacticle weapons are down... what do I do now?

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,376 Posts
    Could you create a Server-side Console command for enabling free-aim on all clients? Would be cool on RP

10. Post #210

January 2011
    1 Posts
    With the ironsight designer, I follow the instructions, and make the .txt file in the data folder with all the default HL2 ones. However, whenever I try to use the ironsights, the gun stays where it was. I know nothing's wrong with the file because the sprint positions work perfectly, but for some reason the irons just stop working. Any idea on how to fix this?

11. Post #211

January 2011
    8 Posts
    Hey, I was wondering how to get this working with the SWEPS.
    Even with the defaults it doesnt work(such as the 9mm pistol and the 357)
    I get and error saying something about a shared_lua Boot something.
    If I un switch Free Aim for all weapons and restart the maps, the Hands Swep and the Ironsight Helper will work.
    However, when I click on Free Aim for all weapons and then switch to the physgun or any weapon (besides the SMG and AR2) it gives me an error and says that Shared lua thing. I have to then Un switch Free aim and then restart the map to get Hands and Ironsight designer to work.
    I freakin love this and I have been trying to get it working forever.
    (ALso, what the hell is a SVN and how do I use it?)

12. Post #212
    January 2011
    31 Posts
    I am Getting A huge amount of LUA errors.
    Many of the vehicles such as the helicopters will crash My game and many of the tools will cause loads of LUA errors.

13. Post #213
    October 2009
    23 Posts
    sorry if this has been requested already but i haven't seen it, i would love to see the Hind-D made by you, there are plenty of models on Gmod org although some may have no cockpit i think it maybe possible to edit the models.

14. Post #214
    January 2010
    5,243 Posts
    If I wanted to make my own helicopter with this pack as a base, how would I do this? I want to try my hand at making the HL2 Hunter-Chopper and I doubt many people are taking requests right now.

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Funny, you ask for SWEPs in the helicopter thread and helicopter stuff in this one.
    You need a model which has body and rotors seperated, so the standard HL2 chopper model won't do it.
    If you want to know what the code looks like, look at WAC Helicopter/lua/entities and choose a helicopter which functionality is close to the hunter chopper (AH-1Z or Mi-28).
    To see where to place the seats and weapons, there is an utility in the helicopter menu under utilities where you can spawn a clientside model and look which coordinates would be where.

16. Post #216
    January 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Funny, you ask for SWEPs in the helicopter thread and helicopter stuff in this one.
    You need a model which has body and rotors seperated, so the standard HL2 chopper model won't do it.
    If you want to know what the code looks like, look at WAC Helicopter/lua/entities and choose a helicopter which functionality is close to the hunter chopper (AH-1Z or Mi-28).
    To see where to place the seats and weapons, there is an utility in the helicopter menu under utilities where you can spawn a clientside model and look which coordinates would be where.
    Ok, thanks. Maybe I can fashion something crude out of the gibs for the time being until I can find a good separated model or something.

17. Post #217
    January 2010
    2,744 Posts
    Do you have any plans on fixing this? Everything from the pack gives me errors when I spawn them.

18. Post #218
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Pod camera ain't working for me.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    hard to fix anything if I don't even have gmod at hand

20. Post #220
    January 2010
    2,744 Posts
    hard to fix anything if I don't even have gmod at hand
    Sorry! I wouldn't have said anything if I had known.

21. Post #221

January 2011
    4 Posts
    hey weltenstorm ive got a lua error from the weapon creator it says something like
    includes/modules/constraint/lua.277: attempt to index a nill value
    could u fix it it please or just tell me how to fix it
    and the turret creator works fine but not all textures are included

22. Post #222
    July 2010
    217 Posts
    tactical weapons pack - file not found

23. Post #223

April 2011
    2 Posts
    Yeah broken tactical weapons pack doesn't exactly help out. Alternative please! Really anxious about this pack.

24. Post #224
    January 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Yeah broken tactical weapons pack doesn't exactly help out. Alternative please! Really anxious about this pack.
    A newb with good spelling.
    Since this has been bumped, I'd also like to inquire as to the feasibility of autogyros, intermeshing rotor , and dual-rotor helicopters.
    This is an intermeshing rotor helicopter. I'm not interested in this specific design, but just general feasibility

This is a hypothetical application of the design. The rotors aren't extended but they would intermesh during flight.

This is one kind of autogyro, with a tractor (puller) configuration, I think

This is the other, more common kind, with the pusher configuration.

Dual-rotor helicopters are basically Chinooks and V-22 Ospreys (though I know the Osprey isn't strictly a helicopter.)

25. Post #225

March 2011
    45 Posts
    for some reason i crash when ever i spawn any of the helis exept the littlebird.
    any idea why?

26. Post #226
    November 2010
    382 Posts
    Does anyone know why it looks like this?

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,808 Posts
    Does anyone know why it looks like this?
    New shader system that came with the Source engine update fucked up phong shading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    November 2010
    382 Posts
    New shader system that came with the Source engine update fucked up phong shading.
    Oh I see. Will a future Garry's Mod update fix this or an update for the helicopter?

Also, do you know if there is a way to reset all wac settings to default? I've been experimenting with them and I don't remember the default.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,223 Posts
    Just a dumb question, but what folder do I put the SVN in?

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Just a dumb question, but what folder do I put the SVN in?
    In one directory there are a lot of folders starting with "WAC XYZ", extract them all to Addons.

31. Post #231
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    This is one of my favorite mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    913 Posts
    Wonderful mod. Too bad the helicopters flip as soon as they are started up, damn update.

33. Post #233

May 2011
    54 Posts
    Hey, I got one, when I got both WAC Sweps and helicopters at the same time, the camera still moves a little when using mouse in helicopter. (Sorry I couldnt explain it better.) So I pretty much cant fly helicopters, or I actually can, but its not fun when the camera shakes around. I will make a video if you didnt understand, and probably you didnt :P
    BTW, this addon is amazing. I use both SWEPs and helicopters.

34. Post #234
    May 2009
    3,367 Posts
    Hey, I got one, when I got both WAC Sweps and helicopters at the same time, the camera still moves a little when using mouse in helicopter. (Sorry I couldnt explain it better.) So I pretty much cant fly helicopters, or I actually can, but its not fun when the camera shakes around. I will make a video if you didnt understand, and probably you didnt :P
    No easy to explain I had the problem before.

You mean the camera does not lock in place when in helicopters. It still has free motion to look around without holding space bar down.

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Sounds like something else (another addon?) is using the CalcView hook if you're inside the helicopter.
    Does the custom SWEP view work?

36. Post #236

May 2011
    54 Posts
    Sounds like something else (another addon?) is using the CalcView hook if you're inside the helicopter.
    Does the custom SWEP view work?
    I use Sharpeye, but I turned it off, so WAC sweps will work. I will try removing Sharpeye completely. I havent got any other addons what could do this.
    UPDATE!:
    I maybe got it. This lua error came when I entered the helicopter (first time.):

Hook 'wac_heli_calcview' Failed: [addons\wac helicopter\lua\entities\wac_hc_base\cl_init.lua:23 7] attempt to call field 'SmoothApproachAngles' (a nil value)

So, do I have to change that to 1 or what? Of course in the file.
    (Removing Sharpeye didnt help.)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    SmoothApproachAngles is a function I added to WAC Base. Is it updated?

38. Post #238

May 2011
    54 Posts
    Okay, I might update it with SVN, and try.
    E:
    Okay I updated both, helicopters and base. It updated form 276 to 278 or something.
    E2:
    I will try to download the Sweps from SVN, lets see what happens :D

39. Post #239
    January 2009
    37 Posts
    If I start sprinting while holding something with the physgun, I drop whatever I'm holding... The physgun just "turns off". And when I disable the crosshair it still shows on the physgun only. If I uninstall wac sweps it doesn't happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    I'll disable the sprinting animation for the physgun then, it looks odd if you're holding something and the gun points in a completely different direction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Austria Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)