1. Post #1
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts

This Project's goal is to create higher quality, consistent and generally improved textures for Team Fortress 2.
    It's a work in progress so if you notice anything you think we could improve (as that is the purpose of this project) please tell us.
    We also appreciate other ideas, suggestions, questions and general feedback.

Right now we are focusing on the player textures.

Things we are doing with the players include:
    Completely recreating each texture. Without errors. and in higher quality.
    Tinted AO's to match the soft shadows of the player lightwarp.
    Larger texture size for soldier, spy, sniper and demo (as their default is smaller then the other classes').
    Consistent colors team-wise based on the paint colors in order to match as well as possible. For example "Team Spirit" will by default be part of every class (except spy's) palette.
    Consistent textures between classes on both teams. Everything that isn't team colored will look the same.
    Paint strokes and edgehighlights on gear, accessories and solid objects.
    Customize the pack to your own preferences with optional colors, detail, class emblems, compression/optimization etc. (Final release only)

Other textures:
    We have slowly begun to work on buildings, weapons, cosmetic items, decals, particles etc. as well.
    We are doing similar improvements to them as to the playes, based on consistency and quality.

More info on this later.

Models:
    Despite the name there will be a few models in this projects, some just to add team colors, others to fix errors and beta stuff.

Join the steam group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2tip

Visit the website:
    http://tf2tip.maxofs2d.net/

Previews:
    (Some may be outdated)

Try out the pre-release:

Terms of Use:
    Please make sure to give us credit if you publish re-textures based on thees textures or anything else that in some way includes our content.
    Thank you.

Crew and Credit:
    Blaholtzen: Project Leader, Texture Artist, Texture Editor.
    NassimO: Project Leader, Texture Artist.
    Hecates: Blood department. Texture Artist. AO/Texport Baker
    Murphy: Modeler, Normal Mapper, Texture Artist, AO Baker.
    NeoDement: Modeler, Texture Artist, AO Baker.
    Agent Fedora: Model editor, Texport Baker.
    Chaofanatic: Particle Wizard.
    Shugo: Invulnerability Textures.
    Sexy robot: AO Baker.

Joining and helping:
    If you feel like you could help us in any way such as providing good AO's, texturing or if you have made a fix or improvement you think would fit the pack, please contact us via PM or write in the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Winner x 109Artistic x 14Optimistic x 6Dumb x 4Disagree x 4Late x 2Funny x 2Zing x 1Useful x 1Agree x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

August 2010
    1,489 Posts
    Cool beans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    5,350 Posts
    so... no previews? what's the point?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,955 Posts
    Which textures?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Hopefully we actually get some content in here before the admins come by with POST THREAD WITH ACTUAL CONTENT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2008
    744 Posts
    Which textures?
    I think it's player textures and other misc. ones.

7. Post #7
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,653 Posts
    p sure that all their effort went into that logo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    January 2010
    1,405 Posts
    Threads need content :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

9. Post #9
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,518 Posts
    Fool, the banner is the content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    p sure that all their effort went into that logo
    took me all night :D

it's a work in progress, we'll post progress in the morning (we're both Europeans)

a few screenshots I have will have to do for now, feel free to ask questions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,375 Posts
    Is it bad I noticed nothing different in those examples?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2011
    4 Posts
    Bigger textures for soldier, spy, sniper and demo (as their default is smaller then the other classes.
    Can't wait for this

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,948 Posts
    Alternate class logos. Pick and choose your favorite
    Oh YES. Like the Demoman: The dynamite, the round bomb, and the sticky bomb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    Is it bad I noticed nothing different in those examples?
    no, that means the changes won't bother you :D
    and i'll upload the comparison

Can't wait for this
    no need to, NassimO's HD textures are already released (link in OP)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,297 Posts
    Nice Header Blaholtzen. Any ETA for the pack? a month or 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #16
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    Nice Header Blaholtzen. Any ETA for the pack? a month or 2?
    Thanks! No idea... We'll try to release as soon as we're done with something. We'll probably be updating a lot now in the beginning
    When we're done with the players we'll move on to hats and probably lots of other stuff like weapons and props
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2011
    4 Posts
    no need to, NassimO's HD textures are already released (link in OP)
    Is he going to do the other classes or were those the only ones he saw fit to be fixed?

18. Post #18
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,653 Posts
    took me all night :D
    well then and it's a pretty cool logo so i expect my tf2 to turn into a game with graphics good enough for 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2010
    2,112 Posts
    PLEASE make a higher quality spy tie. i was extremely disappointed when looking at the spy in model viewer. the tie is so ugly!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hong Kong Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Feel free to add this to the OP: http://filesmelt.com/dl/sexycane.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    I assume i'll credit you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Yes, sir.

23. Post #23
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,311 Posts
    Bro, you're awesome for doing this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,434 Posts
    I've always hated the Medic's baby blue coat, so this is great. I look forward to seeing the other classes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,641 Posts
    i like

need
    those medics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,235 Posts

27. Post #27

December 2010
    177 Posts
    You can use these image links instead for the medic pictures. I liked your Medic fixes, so I took some time to take these screenshots in Source SDK so others can see the differences between the two versions. I had my graphics card force the highest graphical settings on the Source SDK for the best quality picture. (24x Sampling Edge-Detect AA, Morphological Filtering, 16x Anisotropic Filtering, etc.)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Eleme...medicvalve.jpg
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Eleme...medicfixed.jpg

Also, something I noticed while looking at the pictures is that in the fixed version, you can see how the light warps differently on the dispenser colored part of the Medic's backpack. It would seem to me that the Red Team Medic has a larger reflection on the dispenser thing than the Blue Team Medic. Is it an inconsistency, or is it that the light reflection seemingly affects the Red Team Medic more just because of the color of the backpack?

Is this something that can be fixed in the .VMT file? If it can, you should make sure both teams have the same .VMT files for the most consistency.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Yes! I always wanted some good HD textures that FIT. Especially because of the ugly blurry logos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,176 Posts
    I am glad to see that this topic is a success.

Tnx everybody !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

30. Post #30
    May 2010
    2,112 Posts
    The fixed medic is so sexy :D

and btw, when you guys are finished with this, please put it all into one zip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Maxime Lebled
    Dennab
    December 2010
    12,749 Posts
    I think default Medic is better

Edited:

But that's just me.

Edited:

Though I use Steampunk anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,230 Posts
    I prefer the whiter metal parts on medic's belt.
    You guys did a fantastic job though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,099 Posts
    I prefer the whiter metal parts on medic's belt.
    You guys did a fantastic job though.
    This. And I think I prefer the Valve Medic's blue color scheme. The brighter blues make it much more obvious that he's a blue Medic on blue team. He was made with very bright blue elements due to the very light coat color; it's all so that he's easy to identify at first glance. I think your new blue Medic looks too similar to the red one...it may not look like it in still screenshots, but in the heat of the game quick identification is key.

I really like the little tweaks like the fixed pocket (God DAMN you for pointing that out to me :argh:) and the realigned/higher-quality emblems, though. Is there perhaps a chance of releasing a version that keeps the original color scheme and only applies the small obvious tweaks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2010
    2,112 Posts
    he has blue gloves, blue backpack, blue tint, blue pants. What more do you need?

You want a blue face? blue hair? may i suggest blue shoes as well? Oh and make him navi while we're at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hong Kong Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    This. And I think I prefer the Valve Medic's blue color scheme. The brighter blues make it much more obvious that he's a blue Medic on blue team. He was made with very bright blue elements due to the very light coat color; it's all so that he's easy to identify at first glance. I think your new blue Medic looks too similar to the red one...it may not look like it in still screenshots, but in the heat of the game quick identification is key.

I really like the little tweaks like the fixed pocket (God DAMN you for pointing that out to me :argh:) and the realigned/higher-quality emblems, though. Is there perhaps a chance of releasing a version that keeps the original color scheme and only applies the small obvious tweaks?
    yes, i realized this from the beginning so we will have an alternate version with a blue coat.
    and we'll make a pink coat for red medic to go along with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,598 Posts
    I love this. Enough with the "My pc is 10 years old, valve fix the game so it can work on my pc", we shouldn't go back in time just because some people(surprisingly quite a large amount) can't get a better computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2010
    459 Posts
    You want a blue face? blue hair? may i suggest blue shoes as well? Oh and make him navi while we're at it.
    make him nightcrawler, it will fit, since nightcrawler is german
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #38
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,323 Posts
    working on the pyros now and i must say i did quite good with the nades

ridiculous attention to detail, as i bet no one would notice the back of the nades, but i mean if you can fix it why the hell not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,641 Posts
    When are you releasing the Medics?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,683 Posts
    working on the pyros now and i must say i did quite good with the nades

ridiculous attention to detail, as i be no one would notice the back of the nades, but i mean if you can fix it why the hell not
    Comparison?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)