1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,232 Posts
    Is it just me or have the collab albums been losing steam recently?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    Yeah. Not as many people are wanting to contribute and the FP general populous isn't giving it a lot of attention. We'll be lucky if we can get to three pages on the release thread.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,232 Posts
    Yeah. Not as many people are wanting to contribute and the FP general populous isn't giving it a lot of attention. We'll be lucky if we can get to three pages on the release thread.
    Plus side is that we wont have 2 hour long albums anymore.
    Also, this is probably going to take a lot longer to make, so it'll be released later when people can get interested again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,060 Posts
    I think it's just that they've been coming out too soon after eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    I think it's just that they've been coming out too soon after eachother.
    Yeah. I'll change the submission date to TBA again. We'll wait quite a while before releasing this one.

6. Post #46
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,060 Posts
    Good, because I'm not sure when I'll have some more time and/or inspiration to finish my track for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    November 2009
    1,465 Posts
    Sounds interesting, I'll cook something up for this.

8. Post #48
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    i blame pepin

9. Post #49
    January 2012
    10 Posts
    Dohoho, I'm up for making something for this.

I happen to have been on one or two of the past editions of this, as well. Under a different account of course. My musical abilities have grown quite a bit since then, though. I also stopped using shitty programs to make my music.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,988 Posts
    I download every album :smith:

If I knew anything about the whole music on PCs, then I'd totally make some songs, but I'm limited to my six string for now

11. Post #51
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    Write a classical piece :)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I have never been active on these things so I'm not sure if I'll contribute to this but I'll happily collaborate with anyone if somebody needs singing or piano/synth.

Edited:

Can't provide any link of what I've done before as I've never really put alot of stuff up.

13. Post #53
    January 2006
    46 Posts
    I'm a moderate synth player and avid talkbox player.
    I don't have any samples but if anyone is interested i can throw one up.

edit: Like Zapp not Peter

14. Post #54
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    I'll submit something if I can be bothered to make a decent song.

15. Post #55
    December 2007
    624 Posts

If I knew anything about the whole music on PCs, then I'd totally make some songs, but I'm limited to my six string for now
    You don't have to use a PC to make music, just record your guitar. That's what I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    January 2006
    46 Posts

StoolTable's "Brandon Dropped His Stick" is a Facepunch Collab platinum hit.
    the albums need more people like you and him anyway, dude just give it a shot.

I'll submit something if I can be bothered to make a decent song.
    make a decent song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Make a good song. Decent is alright, but you should at least shoot for good.

18. Post #58

December 2011
    769 Posts
    i will make good song that makes people happy for my first real song with instruments but i have no singing so maybe someone can make singing if i show them song and they write the lyrics?

19. Post #59
    January 2006
    46 Posts
    i will make good song that makes people happy for my first real song with instruments but i have no singing so maybe someone can make singing if i show them song and they write the lyrics?
    I'm interested, depending on the song

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I could do it.

21. Post #61

December 2011
    769 Posts
    I am glad you both are interested in making singing for me i hope that on sunday or maybe monday i can make recording for you so you can hear how the song sounds like and maybe work on vocals for it, i dont think both can do it but i have plans for many songs so maybe we can work together on tracks even if your not picked for this collab song in particular?

22. Post #62

23. Post #63
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    If you could get vocals on that song it would be pretty good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    If you could get vocals on that song it would be pretty good
    My excuse for that is the quiet but noticeable scrambled gibberish in the background. Maybe I could make that louder, otherwise, no vocals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    April 2010
    7,680 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    June 2010
    88 Posts
    I can offer my services on either alto or bari sax if needed.

I play bari on here.
    http://themrepresentatives.bandcamp.com/
    and bari on here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQ5HNoknIo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #67

December 2011
    769 Posts
    I'm interested, depending on the song
    i have song now i think maybe can be made song with

song is in bpm 160 and is fast but i think something can be made i hope

Edited:

I could do it.
    you can read post above which is my post with song it is in bpm 160 and fast song but i think some good singing from you and also above i quoted can make this song a nice song

28. Post #68
    January 2006
    46 Posts
    I'm going to attempt to do the best I can on this later.
    Just a heads up though in the future, it's a lot harder to put vocals on a track when there isn't a song structure. Especially from 8sec-30sec. The rest of the song is fine, you should have added a solo or something in there to spice it up a bit in my opinion.

29. Post #69

December 2011
    769 Posts
    I'm going to attempt to do the best I can on this later.
    Just a heads up though in the future, it's a lot harder to put vocals on a track when there isn't a song structure. Especially from 8sec-30sec. The rest of the song is fine, you should have added a solo or something in there to spice it up a bit in my opinion.
    oh ok yeah maybe i can try and make some sort of solo but im no good guitarist really only can make riffing so far but i will try my best and thank you i look forward to hear singing

30. Post #70
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Lifebump

What the hell happened to this?

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    It's on hold for a while so as not to release it only a month or two after the previous album.

32. Post #72
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    It's on hold for a while so as not to release it only a month or two after the previous album.
    That fact aside, what about the lack of interest? I wasn't expecting this thread to be on top, but hell at least on the first page.

I certainly hope interest picks up when a release date is announced.

33. Post #73
    August 2008
    1,553 Posts
    I think it's needed for the facepunch collaboratives to take a little break, since they come out so frequently that the listeners have been losing interest somewhat.

34. Post #74
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    the problem isn't how frequently they are released but how poorly "marketed" they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #75
    April 2010
    7,680 Posts
    Is this still happening? I found this at the bottom of page 2. What can we do to spark more interest in this project?

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,232 Posts
    Is this still happening? I found this at the bottom of page 2. What can we do to spark more interest in this project?
    Keeping a pause is the only way. That way people can get interested again, since it's not something that happens ever 2 days.

37. Post #77
    April 2010
    7,680 Posts
    Keeping a pause is the only way. That way people can get interested again, since it's not something that happens ever 2 days.
    This pause certainly has my suspense.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,232 Posts
    This pause certainly has my suspense.
    It has mine as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #79

40. Post #80
    May 2011
    392 Posts
    I covered collab album VII, will definitely write about VIII when it's finished! Can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)