1. Post #241
    June 2011
    8,796 Posts
    PVP is all I'd be interested in, the main appeal of EVE to me is that the PVP in the game has an active effect on everybody else, rather than in games such as WoW, where everybody is segregated in to different servers, and players have no real effect on the world.
    Find a decent PVP corp as soon as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,027 Posts
    PVP is all I'd be interested in, the main appeal of EVE to me is that the PVP in the game has an active effect on everybody else, rather than in games such as WoW, where everybody is segregated in to different servers, and players have no real effect on the world.
    Then you'll DEFINITELY need buddies. The best you'll get for a long time going it solo is can flipping other rookies.

I went in wanting to shoot things. I didn't care if they were human or AI, I just wanted to shoot them. I got in a wonderful corp full of actual nice people who've helped me out tremendously along the way. Month and a half in and I'm already running around in a wormhole and I have my own battleship, whereas if I'd gone it alone I'd probably only just be getting into cruisers.

Gotta love having friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Alright, I'll try and find a corp then, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    623 Posts
    News on the guy who lost that carrier: He lost another one, this time to the Amarr militia, while he was... mining in a belt. I am saddened that people can be this incredibly stupid. http://www.amarr-empire.net/killboar...&kll_id=258436
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,321 Posts
    If you've got a SA account, or a Reddit account that meets their requirements i'd recommend both of them, very newbie friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Only registered my Reddit account today, so I'm probably not able to join. No SA account either.

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    Then you'll DEFINITELY need buddies. The best you'll get for a long time going it solo is can flipping other rookies.

I went in wanting to shoot things. I didn't care if they were human or AI, I just wanted to shoot them. I got in a wonderful corp full of actual nice people who've helped me out tremendously along the way. Month and a half in and I'm already running around in a wormhole and I have my own battleship, whereas if I'd gone it alone I'd probably only just be getting into cruisers.

Gotta love having friends.
    I started playing 3 days ago and I have a cruiser already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,984 Posts
    I am saddened that people can be this incredibly stupid.
    what do you do when you lose your ratting mach and cnr to the guys who have been in the same system as you, with scouts on all the gates, for over 2 hours?
    that's right, you go straight back out in your vargur and try to leave the system via a gate!

and yes, it is the same guy who got his rorqual stolen from a jump-bridge pos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #249
    June 2011
    8,796 Posts
    I was in a Battleship a month in and I barely knew what I was doing.

Of course I couldn't do shit in said battleship but hey.. it was still a battleship!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #250
    January 2009
    3,937 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Red Federation and Blue Republic are still around, they're essentially two red vs blue corps always warring. Could also look into a factional warfare corp though I've heard that's not so great.

How well can you fly it? Support and fitting skills are rather important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    There are some hidden skill requirements.
    You may not be able to use the correct size weapons and modules for your ship.
    For example, (generally), frigates fit small weapons, cruises fit medium, and battleships fit large (missile analogue would be rocket/light missile, heavy/heavy assault missiles, cruise/torpedo)

And as DarkMonkey said, you may be missing some other critical skills.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,027 Posts
    Being able to undock it and being able to use it for more than mall crawling are two entirely different things. I'm able to actually use my BS, which as far as I can gather from my corpmates is astonishingly fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #253
    March 2010
    279 Posts
    You shouldn't rush into ships. You need to take things step by step. I started less then a week ago and I am still only flying a Frig. Once I can fly it well and do good DPS then I will consider upgrading to a Cruiser or most likely a Battlecruiser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    nevermind uninstalled fuck eve forever

spent the better part of my sunday evening trying to get my ship back from some pirate deadspace bankrupting myself in the process only to find my stuff disappeared
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #255
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-rts I found this recently. It's pretty fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    This is well made.

If i can get screenshots to work ill post a few.

17. Post #257
    July 2008
    2,487 Posts
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=15132055

After i killed this guy i saw that fit and just lol'd.

18. Post #258
    March 2009
    2,138 Posts
    There's one for Sins of a Solar Empire too. It's still in beta though.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-new-eden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,160 Posts
    If you've got a SA account, or a Reddit account that meets their requirements i'd recommend both of them, very newbie friendly.
    Only registered my Reddit account today, so I'm probably not able to join. No SA account either.
    Signing up just to get into GoonWaffe won't get you far.

The best you can hope for is that an existing member refers you. I am a member of GoonWaffe. But good luck convincing me. You can always contact me via PM and try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #260
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I must say the Homeworld 2 EVE mod captured fleet battles very well:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Only sansha and amarr are playable right now though.

Cruiser and up leave wrecks. Frigates leave debris.

They also got the coming out of warp thing right in it. Wonder how they did it on homeworld's engine.

22. Post #262
    Goddamnit. Got my ratting harby caught in a pair of asteroids. It sucked getting whittled down to death by a pair of rat BSs.

Now beigns the logistical nightmare of getting a replacement down to where I live.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    opinions on this fit? I've enjoyed flying it.
    http://bscl.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12298978
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,037 Posts
    opinions on this fit? I've enjoyed flying it.
    http://bscl.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12298978
    Sig amp, wtf. I would probably roll something like this if I flew one:

[Imperial Navy Slicer, Marn V2]
    Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
    Small Armor Repairer II
    Co-Processor II
    Fourier Transform I Tracking Program
    Heat Sink II

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
    Warp Disruptor II

Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    [empty high slot]

Small Energy Burst Aerator I
    Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
    Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,321 Posts
    apart from moving on to T2 stuff which im slowly training towards, what do i need in terms of skills for a drake to help me kill rats faster?

26. Post #266
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    apart from moving on to T2 stuff which im slowly training towards, what do i need in terms of skills for a drake to help me kill rats faster?

Do you have T2 damage mods? Those are easy to train for and pretty vital. Support skills such as guided missile precision or warhead upgrades will allow you to hit smaller targets or do more damage. Additionally, training for things like shield management will increase your tank and let you strip some tank modules and replace them with mods that will help you deal damage (BCUs in the lows, target painter in the mid).

27. Post #267
    I wait all day to JC down to 0.0, then when I can, I JUMP TO THE WRONG FUCKING CLONE.

WHY GOD WHY

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Ok, done all the gameplay research etc I needed to do, I'm ready to start playing.

Could I pretty please get a 21 day from somebody? I'd use the list in the OP but I don't know who is active any more.

29. Post #269
    July 2008
    2,487 Posts
    Ok, done all the gameplay research etc I needed to do, I'm ready to start playing.

Could I pretty please get a 21 day from somebody? I'd use the list in the OP but I don't know who is active any more.
    I'll give you one if you pm me your email.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Will do, thanks.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,321 Posts
    Do you have T2 damage mods? Those are easy to train for and pretty vital. Support skills such as guided missile precision or warhead upgrades will allow you to hit smaller targets or do more damage. Additionally, training for things like shield management will increase your tank and let you strip some tank modules and replace them with mods that will help you deal damage (BCUs in the lows, target painter in the mid).
    I had Weapon Upgrades 4 training at the moment for the ballistic .. something 2's that's done in about 8 hours. I'm just not sure what to train past that really

32. Post #272
    I had Weapon Upgrades 4 training at the moment for the ballistic .. something 2's that's done in about 8 hours. I'm just not sure what to train past that really
    Missile Projection, Target Navigation Prediction, Warhead Upgrades, Rapid Launch, Heavy Missile Spec.
    Train each to lvl 5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

33. Post #273
    April 2011
    160 Posts

I just had to do this. Seriously, jumping like 50 times into asteroid belts and back, just to get 4 million ISK. I feel so used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Is anybody here kind enough to explain what uses there are for Interdictors and Black Ops ships?

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Interdictors
    Role:
    -Fast bubble tackle
    -To die

Black Ops ships
    Stealth bomber hotdrops

36. Post #276
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,107 Posts
    Is anybody here kind enough to explain what uses there are for Interdictors and Black Ops ships?
    Interdiction is for fast tackle as well as warp-ins(get behind the enemy fleet and warp to a distance) that's close enough to the enemy fleet. They do well at this because they go about 4000(6000 m/s overheated).

Black ops is a get in and kill then exit as fast as possible. Most black ops use Jump portals to jump Cov ops bombers and T3s(/w cov ops Subsystem) to a targeted cyno. Most black ops use a Covert Cyno in witch the cyno it self doesn't appear in the overview like normal ones, Thus making them like a mini titans. The only good black ops ships are the Redeemer and the Widow (panther maybe). PL uses black ops fleets a lot and in large numbers. They cant do damage without numbers so taking on a 10 man fleet would be disastrous. so in summery They go in, Kill a key target, Leave.

I didn't get my plex in time...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Role:
    -Fast bubble tackle
    -To die

Stealth bomber hotdrops
    I was hoping for a better response, not what the ingame info page tells me already, but ok.

38. Post #278

I just had to do this. Seriously, jumping like 50 times into asteroid belts and back, just to get 4 million ISK. I feel so used.
    That's because you're mining in a cruiser, and you're doing it wrong.

Plant like 6 passworded GSCs at your belt, mine in a retriever or better, then when all cans are full, retrieve with an industrial.

Rinse and repeat.

Also don't mine anything but Kernite if you're in HS.

39. Post #279
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Wow, thanks. I heard Black Ops ships are bad, is there any truth to this?

Also, what are Cynos?

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    they go about 4000(6000 m/s overheated).
    Haha, if only :(