1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts

As you can see from the title, Hunter Blade is a recently launched Chinese based free to play MMO.

If you have ever played Monster Hunter, this is basically the same thing. Instanced dungeons and a lobby area where you can see many other players and start quests. (Like Vindictus)

The only difference is the inclusion of PVP and very out of place cash shop clothing, but its not too bad.

http://hunterblade.beeboomonline.com/

Client Download Mirrors:
    http://bbs.hunterblade.beeboomonline...extra=page%3D1

The beginner area, level 1 - 30, is very easy but after that it starts to get difficult if you need a challenge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2007
    357 Posts
    Looks pretty awesome for a monster hunter clone. Ive been waiting for something like this for pc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,279 Posts
    I don't like the oversized weapons :L

Edited:

but obviously its chinese so could've expected this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    Been playing it, it's a very good clone, yes.

But there are tons of things that are just so obviously torn from the world of Monster Hunter model for model and sound for sound.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Can't even register, says I have to use atleast one letter.

Um, it has quite a few in.

Edited:

Found out it wanted me to sign up to the newsletter, what turds.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    295 Posts
    Took like, less then 3 hours to get to level 27. As well, the monsters seem meh. They hardly seem to actually be monsters that are hunted. They more seem like your standard MMO mob that you grind on. The boss like monsters seem pretty much the same. The day/week fatigue system isn't too bad, at least not so far. It seems the higher level a hunt is, the more fatigue it takes, so I may be thinking something different later. All in all, this game just wants me to play the actual Monster Hunter games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    It would be funner if you went into a big open area and had to use lures and shit to get the monster out, you could set traps, etc...

All feels too instanced, i'd rather have a big open area to explore and with randomized mobs.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,714 Posts
    Can't even register. Tells me "You haven't signed up!"

NO SHIT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Can't even register. Tells me "You haven't signed up!"

NO SHIT.
    Did the same to me and you have to sign up to the newsletter for god knows what reason.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,714 Posts
    Did the same to me and you have to sign up to the newsletter for god knows what reason.
    Jesus.. Well in the video by MMOHut the game didn't really look all too good. I'm a fan of the Monster Hunter series but I have a feeling this game would only disappoint me anyways.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    It's too instanced, I loved Monster Hunter and this has a nice feel of it, but too instanced.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    I don't like the oversized weapons :L

Edited:

but obviously its chinese so could've expected this
    you do know that mh has oversized weapons as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    It's not a monster hunter clone
    it's a reskin

14. Post #14
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    It's not a monster hunter clone
    it's a reskin
    A reskin that took a lot of steps backward.

Monster Hunter Tri WHY DIDN'T YOU COME OUT FOR PC ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,006 Posts
    you do know that mh has oversized weapons as well?
    I thought it was pretty funny to see most weapons enlarge when unsheathed.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    I don't know how these F2P MMOs make so much money, there are so many of them being released that you would've thought people would already be occupied with one MMO.

17. Post #17
    September 2010
    114 Posts
    Did the fix the text font yet?
    I remember playing this and the text was so friggin small I had to smash my face against the screen to read a item description.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    453 Posts
    Edited:

I thought it was pretty funny to see most weapons enlarge when unsheathed.
    Just like In the actually MH? Yeah i know, especially the PSP One. >.>

19. Post #19
    September 2007
    631 Posts
    Did the fix the text font yet?
    I remember playing this and the text was so friggin small I had to smash my face against the screen to read a item description.
    Not exactly small but annoying to read

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,688 Posts
    I tried this out and after loving Monster Hunter Tri this was a lot of fun. Although I must say the translation is a bit off at times. "Why is it you're leaving?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    1,278 Posts
    Am I the only one that takes 7 days to download the client? It's going at 5kb/s...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,688 Posts
    Am I the only one that takes 7 days to download the client? It's going at 5kb/s...
    Find a torrent for it or use the Filehosting.at link on the "High Speed download" thread that's linked to on here. I got it in 30 minutes from that link but all others were terrible.

23. Post #23
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    I would like to play this game but nothing happens when I try to launch it. Just get blade.exe in my processes but nothing ever pops up.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,508 Posts
    It's all the fun of Monster Hunter without the fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)