1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,461 Posts
    Thinking about getting one of those Choc Mini's w/ browns from China

Make it my travel keyboard/lan party keyboard.
    This was an option for me at first as I liked the sleaky look of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #482
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts

Hnnnnnnnng, Osaka to England in two days, so fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Where is Osaka? Japan?

Uranus? huehue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #484
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts

Feels like typing on a cloud of tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #485

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    Is the HH worth the money, in your opinion?

6. Post #486
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Is the HH worth the money, in your opinion?
    It's early days so I can't say, for $300 you expect it to be perfect but there's still issues, my main gripe so far is it's too light and the rubber feet aren't strong enough so you end up pushing it away and having to pull it back every 15 minutes, although it'll probably change over time.

From a switch point of view, it just feels like a rubberdome if a rubberdome wasn't shit, it's got a spongy feel combined with the tactileness of a cherry switch, it's very strange, apparently it takes some getting used to and most people who go Topre have a hard time going back after a week or so, so I can't really comment on that yet.

At the minute I'd say no, $300 can get you a lot of things and blowing it all on a keyboard feels a little insane considering you get get a quality keyboard for $100, I feel that part of the price is just to say "oh you have a Black widow? Well I have a happy hacking" which gets very old very fast.
    It does have a nice feel to it but I've never tried any cherry for more than a few minutes, I'll be getting a cherry blue KBT Race 75% in a couple weeks or so, so I can do a direct comparison once it comes and I'll probably end up choosing which I want to keep and selling the other.

7. Post #487
    May 2009
    709 Posts
    Does anyone from the UK know where you can find a shop selling these, i'd love to give one a try before I look to spend any cash.

8. Post #488
    Gold Member

May 2006
    467 Posts
    Hello, does anyone in sweden have a spare IBM Model M somewhere? I've been looking for one for quite some time, but i'm unable to find one. I've never really liked any modern keyboard, and i've been using these two old keyboards, one is AST, and the other one is HP.

Here's the two keyboards.

Here's the back of the HP keyboard.

Here's the back of the AST keyboard.

Here's how the AST keyboard buttons look like.

And here's my IBM 6781 type-writer! It's perfectly working, but it's just that it's full of dust.

Here's the logo.

Here's how the buttons look like.

Now, i'm pretty sure that the ibm typewriter's keyboard is a ibm model m keyboard. If someone has a IBM model m here in sweden to spare, i'd really appreciate it if we could work something out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #489

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    That typewriter isn't a Model M. It looks more like a Model F to me.

Anyway, Model M's cost almost nothing depending on the condition.

10. Post #490
    Gold Member

May 2006
    467 Posts
    That typewriter isn't a Model M. It looks more like a Model F to me.

Anyway, Model M's cost almost nothing depending on the condition.
    Ah, so it isn't model M. Anyways, i'm looking for a model m with swedish layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

11. Post #491

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    Why would you need a Swedish layout? Can't you touch type?

12. Post #492
    Gold Member

May 2006
    467 Posts
    Why would you need a Swedish layout? Can't you touch type?
    Well, because i'm swedish, and i'm used to typing with , and i don't like to replace buttons. Here, let me show you just how different they are.

Swedish

English

13. Post #493

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    Well, because i'm swedish, and i'm used to typing with , and i don't like to replace buttons. Here, let me show you just how different they are.

Swedish

English
    That's an ANSI layout board, aka American.

Any ISO layout board will be fine for typing on if you can touch type.

Deeps, how am I dumb?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member

May 2006
    467 Posts

Ah, thanks for your help! I can now look for an ANSI model m keyboard! Now my search can be alot easier!

15. Post #495

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    Ah, thanks for your help! I can now look for an ANSI model m keyboard! Now my search can be alot easier!
    Any layout keyboard will work for any countries layout as long as the key placing is the same.

For example: You could be using a UK keyboard but still type with a Swedish character set by telling Windows that it's actually a Swedish keyboard.

16. Post #496
    I'm basically scarface, so line your bitches up so they can get a taste of my shlong.
    March 2007
    511 Posts
    Still loving my black widow blue switches seem to be great for me still wish I could ave tried others but I'm happy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,461 Posts

Deeps, how am I dumb?
    I rated for the fun of it as one seems bothered about ratings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #498

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    I rated for the fun of it as one seems bothered about ratings.
    I'm not, I was just wondering why he thought my post was dumb.

19. Post #499
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I have a Mechanical Keyboard, only costed me $12CA. Works great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    I have a Mechanical Keyboard, only costed me $12CA. Works great.
    What keyboard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #501
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Surely thats a typo for 120
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #502

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    Seeing as the cheapest mech board going is 45 USD and uses knockoff Chinese switches, "Cherry Yellows" to be exact, it must be a typo.

Or he got conned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    March 2009
    362 Posts
    Finally got my Filco! (Majestouch-2 with brown switches) It's really something else, coming from a measly G19. The keys are so nice and light. It's probably going to take some getting used to though, since I've adopted a pretty brutal typing style from only ever having used rubber dome keyboards. I also might have to get a wrist rest, as it's a bit weird not to have one after using the G19 for over a year.

I got the red esc and WASD keys, and it looks pretty nice i think:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,461 Posts
    Finally got my Filco! (Majestouch-2 with brown switches) It's really something else, coming from a measly G19. The keys are so nice and light. It's probably going to take some getting used to though, since I've adopted a pretty brutal typing style from only ever having used rubber dome keyboards. I also might have to get a wrist rest, as it's a bit weird not to have one after using the G19 for over a year.

I got the red esc and WASD keys, and it looks pretty nice i think:

Damn, that's nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #505
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    quote the whole thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,461 Posts
    quote the whole thing
    problem, sir?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

27. Post #507
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneck™
    December 2009
    7,205 Posts
    He didn't typo. I got my Dell AT101W for $2 USD...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

28. Post #508
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    problem, sir?
    If you're going to be an ass why bother posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #509

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    He didn't typo. I got my Dell AT101W for $2 USD...
    Fuck I forgot about second hand boards. I fell like a retard now.

30. Post #510
    March 2009
    362 Posts
    How many of you guys have a wrist rest for your keyboard? I'm kinda missing the wrist rest from my G19 at the moment. I can't quite hold my wrists on the table, and I can't really hold them up either. When i have them on the desk, I don't have the reach for the keys the pinkies need to press, and when I have my wrists in the air, I can't hit the keys right. My hands get a bit "lost" on the keyboard, and i end up constantly pressing the wrong keys, and falling out of the typing rythm.

I might go out and get one tomorrow. Do you guys think I should? I don't really see any of you with wrist rests in your pics, so I'm wondering if maybe I just need to adapt to typing like this.

edit: I think some of my issues might be simply because the keys themselves are smaller, and closer together on this keyboard. If I try to type a number without looking, I usually end up with either one number higher than I was looking for, or one number lower (depends on the which hand you would type the number with).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,536 Posts
    How many of you guys have a wrist rest for your keyboard? I'm kinda missing the wrist rest from my G19 at the moment. I can't quite hold my wrists on the table, and I can't really hold them up either. When i have them on the desk, I don't have the reach for the keys the pinkies need to press, and when I have my wrists in the air, I can't hit the keys right. My hands get a bit "lost" on the keyboard, and i end up constantly pressing the wrong keys, and falling out of the typing rythm.

I might go out and get one tomorrow. Do you guys think I should? I don't really see any of you with wrist rests in your pics, so I'm wondering if maybe I just need to adapt to typing like this.

edit: I think some of my issues might be simply because the keys themselves are smaller, and closer together on this keyboard. If I try to type a number without looking, I usually end up with either one number higher than I was looking for, or one number lower (depends on the which hand you would type the number with).
    Even I use one

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,464 Posts
    What would be a good gaming/typing keyboard on the cheap? Preferably shippable to Canada. Hopefully under 100$, but best if under 80$.

33. Post #513
    April 2011
    3,175 Posts
    CM Storm quickfire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,381 Posts
    I think the cheaper version of the Quickfire has blues and the one that's $10 more has reds, and the one with reds is only available on their website iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #515
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Do any manfacturers ship to Australia?
    Whats the best way to get a keyboard from the US to Australia

Need to get rid of my Blue switches and get something with Browns..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts
    Do any manfacturers ship to Australia?
    Whats the best way to get a keyboard from the US to Australia

Need to get rid of my Blue switches and get something with Browns..
    I'm using Das Keyboard ultimate silent, it's got browns. Bought mine here, quite reasonable price when compared to other options, very fast shipping - next day, ~21 hours from order to arrival
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,464 Posts
    CM Storm quickfire?
    My problem is the lack of a numpad, which I use pretty often when programming/playing rougelikes.

38. Post #518

April 2011
    4,516 Posts
    My problem is the lack of a numpad, which I use pretty often when programming/playing rougelikes.
    How about a Cherry G80-3000?

It's pretty cheap and isn't tenkeyless.

39. Post #519
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    You can also grab a seperate rubber dome numpad if it isn't too much of an inconvenience, otherwise a Cherry G80 or Filco with Blacks/Reds?

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Cherry G80-3000s are your best bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events