1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,030 Posts
    As much as I like electric bikes and cars.

I still prefer hearing the engine and exhaust from a proper engine rather then the humble hum from the electric motor.
    I got my first riding experience on a modded electric scooter (the 30km/h type, went faster than that probably 50ish). And I have to say it is pretty enjoyable, and you get used to the lack of hum. The other part is that you can hear and feel everything, because of the lack of vibration. People are saying really good things about the Zero S, especially the back wheel.

Because it only has one gear, and just a direct belt from motor to wheel, there have been minimal problems with the drivetrain so far. If I had 11k to blow on a motorcycle, I'm sure it would be this one. I'm guessing the insurance would be good to. Many Electric bikes are picking up the single gear. And apparently it's great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #1242
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    This one is quite interesting too. 6-speed manual electric supermoto. Would rather go for one of these, if i had to get something electric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    November 2010
    832 Posts
    got the 81 cm400e out today.
    disassembled the carbs and cleaned them again, yesterday. after the first cleaning it started overflowing from the right carb, the left is working perfect now it was my problem. well any ways, took it across the bridge behind my house and up some dirt trails then some pavement and onto the train yard, had it up to 60mph with no problems, except i think the float got stuck once. when i was waiting for a train it bogged and quit saw gas draing, tapped it, restarted it and it was fine. i even caught air a few times doing about 45mph down the dirt trail.

my wife and i took the shadow out for a 60mile ride. it was fun 90deg and sunny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1244
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    770 Posts
    I get a fine for going 7kph over the speed limit despite paying attention to the road, but the guy on his phone in his big, heavy Land Rover gets nothing despite actually endangering lives.

fml -_-

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #1245
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    7kph? What the hell?
    Everyone does at least 10kph over the speedlimit here. People will pass you as soon as they get the chance if you're going exactly the speedlimit.

Also, saw the first motorcyclepolice of the year. He didn't wave / nod me back :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1246
    7kph? What the hell?
    Everyone does at least 10kph over the speedlimit here. People will pass you as soon as they get the chance if you're going exactly the speedlimit.

Also, saw the first motorcyclepolice of the year. He didn't wave / nod me back :(
    Motorcycle police? You mean cops on motorcycles? I thought there are lots of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

7. Post #1247
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,219 Posts
    I've never seen one around here where I live. Actually I've never seen on in PA at all.

8. Post #1248
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    Motorcycle police? You mean cops on motorcycles? I thought there are lots of them.
    Cop on motorcycle, english isn't my primary language so it's a bit choppy at times.

Yes, there are lots of them, but not yet. A week ago, there was still snow around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

9. Post #1249
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,580 Posts
    We have 'em occasionally here in Virginia. In fact I saw two separate ones that had pulled over different people today on my way home from class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1250
    Cop on motorcycle, english isn't my primary language so it's a bit choppy at times.

Yes, there are lots of them, but not yet. A week ago, there was still snow around.
    Oh yeah. I forgot that we have no seasons in my country. Also, I saw a fleet of motorcycle cops (about 200 of them) going in a full platoon/group thing. And they caused a massive traffic jam.

11. Post #1251
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    I don't think my city has motorcycle cops

Saw one the other day though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #1252
    January 2012
    590 Posts
    I decided not to go with the DR-Z 400, but instead go for a KDX220. Just going to say that it was the best choice of bike i have ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #1253
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    If everything goes well, i may soon buy this 2006 ktm EXC 525 with RFS engine. (Racing Four Stroke)

Edited:

I decided not to go with the DR-Z 400, but instead go for a KDX220. Just going to say that it was the best choice of bike i have ever made.
    Ya, drz is not for wood only ride, kdx is better for wood, the yamaha ttr is also p. good, and very reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1254
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Ive got the money and if found a pickup, i will get the bike tommorow at 11 am.

CANT WAIT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

15. Post #1255
    An anti motorbike friend of mine suddenly changed his mind after seeing two Kawasaki Ninjas.

Other than that Yamaha R1s are pretty hot.

16. Post #1256
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,219 Posts
    The only way I can imagine someone being antimotorcycle is if they can't afford one or know a close person who was killed on one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #1257
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Just bought it and tried it, kind of under estimated it... Gave too much gas and flew away on the street... Got several scratch and a wounded leg, can barely walk on it. And the fork got unbalanced, but easily fixed it.

Now i dont have choice to wait that my leg get healed, man, this suck...

Now my leg got worst and i likely wont be able to walk for a week.

18. Post #1258
    The only way I can imagine someone being antimotorcycle is if they can't afford one or know a close person who was killed on one.
    He's the type who always says "If you crash a motorcycle, you fly away. If you crash a car, you stay in the car"

19. Post #1259
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    That's not entirely true though, people fly out of their cars all the time

20. Post #1260
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    Hello, let me just drop this off here.
    http://thekneeslider.com/
    I found it to be quite good.

21. Post #1261
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    BikeExif is really sweet, too.

http://www.bikeexif.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1262
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1263
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    Bought a new helmet. Really basic, black HJC. Also bought kevlar jeans.

24. Post #1264

October 2011
    361 Posts
    Got my motorcycle endorsement. Time to buy a Ninja 250.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #1265
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Heres my new beauty.

(My Phone camera doesnt like the loud noise, it even made the phone to lag)

A little valve adjusment and maybe a rejet and then it will go far away.

26. Post #1266
    Heres my new beauty.

(My Phone camera doesnt like the loud noise, it even made the phone to lag)

A little valve adjusment and maybe a rejet and then it will go far away.

Nice. Would be better with a proper camera/mic though.

Also my moped's back wheels completely lost traction on wet road when I was going up a hill on 1st gear.
    Gave me quite a fright.

27. Post #1267
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    770 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1268
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    waxed her up :3

Also, extremely short video of how it sounds

God, i love this bike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Just adjusted my valve, they were pretty tight, now the bike start and run just like a new.

30. Post #1270
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,580 Posts

Gah, it's almost all back together. Replacing all the gaskets after the exhaust bolts got drilled out, all I have left is:

-timing
    -floats
    -oil change
    -tires
    -cleaning up paint (rust spots on frame as seen above, painting exhaust)

and then I should be good to go. Can't wait to go again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #1271
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    666 Posts
    Drove my bike through a swarm of bees on the highway today. I don't recommend it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Dang, so expensive for a jet kit. But they are the best though.

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=8

At least they are made from 0ft to 12000ft elevation without anymore adjustment, and people claim that this fix most problem for that bike because the factory jet are too lean, this should also improve power significaly and improve response.

33. Post #1273
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    770 Posts
    Fixed my TT250 :D

After fixing the timing a week ago or whatever, it still wouldn't start. Finally went out to have a look at it again and it turns out I just forgot to turn the fuel on -_-
    Being a kick-start bike, I'm now used to making sure the ignition is on before I start trying to kick it to life, but I always forget about the fuel, I think because I never turn it off as I ride pretty much every day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #1274
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts
    I just forgot to turn the fuel on -_-
    I know that feel, happened to me plenty of times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    I once forgot to turn the fuel on, my bike started but after 20 meters it died and then i was almost about to take the carb off to check if has some crap in it and then i realized i forgot the fuel valve off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1276
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,219 Posts
    On the cbr the fuel switch is accessible when riding. So even the one time I forgot it I just turned it back on and started the bike again.

37. Post #1277
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    on my moped it was right next to my left foot, so it was easy to turn it while riding, and since i had no fuel gauge I used it a lot since it went from off-on-reserve

38. Post #1278
    January 2012
    590 Posts
    I forgot to open up the fuel valve when i went trail riding in the desert, but because i was using a 150cc bike, the fuel didn't run out until i was about a mile and a half away from campsite. Bad thing was that i was an idiot and didn't check the gas valve, so i had to push it back to camp in 110 degree heat. But the good thing was that 3/4 of that trip back was downhill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    734 Posts
    I've been riding a Yamaha YBR 125 for almost a year now as my first bike.

In about another year or so I'll be looking at getting something a bit bigger, but I would like to do a restoration. I have seen some nice 250cc bikes (when fully restored) but am looking for something between 250 and 600 CC to restore.

What bikes would you guys suggest looking out for to do this?
    I have no mechanical experience whatsoever but love bikes, and really want to learn all there is about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #1280
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,580 Posts
    Tooting my own horn here but I've learned a good bit with my GS500. I've heard GS550s are good bikes and they're probably easy to work on, although they're inline 4 engines unlike my inline 2 GS500.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events