1. Post #1
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    Creditz:

-Cringerpants (for helping a LOT with optimizing code, implementing laser sights and other features, and just generally being an awesome d00d.)
    -Spbogie ([that guy from the ULX team] for helping out a bit with trace-related problems.)
    -PainKiller (For scripting the VGUI and being a sexy bitch)
    -Esik1er (Helping)
    -Raccoon (NEDM)
    -Conna (Redid the radar .vtf file)
    -Various other people who helped test/debug this!

Basic Info:

This is a round based game where there's one player who is nearly invisible and is able to climb/jump/cling to walls. His main weapon is a dagger, and his objective is to take out all of Unit 8, which is a team of soldiers sent to find and eliminate the Stalker. The Stalker is also able to possess props and corpses using his psychic abilities. If a Unit 8 member kills him, he becomes the stalker next round. If the Stalker kills all of Unit 8, he will win the round and remain the stalker until he is finally killed in the following rounds. Once you die as a Unit 8 member, you spectate your teammates until the round is over.

Notable Features:

[list]* Dynamic voice-chat system (press F2 as a Unit 8 member and your soldier says something which is pertinent to his surroundings. i.e. if a teammate dies and you press F2, your player will say something like "Oh shi-!" or "Look out!", etc.)
    * Profile saving (for your loadout choices)
    * Sexy HUDs (A fully functional radar HUD for Unit 8, health bar with health info for Stalker)
    * Implemented health/psychic effects (Once your health goes below 50%, your vision will become more blurry/bloody and eventually you'll be so unstable it'll be like an acid trip. But with more blood than acid.)
    * ESP for the Stalker (Press your flashlight bind in order to see your enemies more clearly, even through walls. This will make it harder to see much else, though.)
    * Primary weapon choices: FN-P90, FA-MAS Carbine, Steyr AUG, and SPAS 12. Each weapon has its advantages and disadvantages, they are all equally balanced though.
    * Equipment choices: Deagle, Glock20, Medikit (3 health doses), and Tripmine Alarms (3 alarms).
    * Visual enhancements: Flashlight, Laser sights, Infravision, and Tracking bullets. Tracking bullets allow you to see the Stalker on your radar for 20 seconds if you manage to hit him. Infravision improves your contrast and seeing in the dark, flashlight helps you see the stalker and see in dark, and laser sights improve depth perception/aim.
    * A cool, dramatic help menu.
    * The ability to pick up any physics object as the stalker and throw it. Additionally, you can pick up corpses and pin them to walls. With your psychokinesis you can also possess props and corpses alike. This helps distract the enemy, as well as create dangerous situations for them. You can possess live soldiers too, which causes them to lose focus and drop their guard for a limited time.
    * Lots of pretty effects and such.
    * Redone VGUI Weapon menu, which supports Derma now. I've also supplied 4 derma skins themed for the gamemode, simply type ts_setskin # in order to change the skin. There are 4 custom skins to choose from.
    * Customizable chat area: ts_chatboxcolor (r g b) - Lets you customize the color of the chat box and ts_chatboxbordercolor (r g b) - Customize the border too.
    * Customize your spectator overlay using ts_specoverlay #. It allows you to choose from 6 overlays as a spectator.

Known bugs/reporting:

Some random (and strange) bugs which may occur but do not compromise the gameplay:

- Stalker knife will sometimes change its viewmodel.

- When spectating a player, you sometimes will freeze midair when he enters a new visleaf. (not really fixable)

Legal Notice:

If you happen to think i stole any of my content from The Hidden:Source or some other game, you are mistaken. And quite possibly a douchebag.

If you wish to make some stupid threat about suing me for "Stoling the Hiddan", just contact my Attourney at law, Leonard J. Crabs.

HOT MEDIA!

New chat window

Injuries

ESP

Laser sights

Motion sensor mines

Psychokinesis

Spectating

VGUI Updated!

Tracker bullets in action (he's on the radar)

Mappers:

If you're interested in making maps for this gamemode, make sure that you do the following:

-Make sure your map has VERY limited open areas/skybox etc. This makes it very unfair for Unit 8 since there's so much hiding space for the Stalker.

-Make lots of hiding spots, like high up vents and dark corners. Try to make a balance, though. If the map is pitch black it will fail. If it's fullbright then it won't be fair for the stalker.

-The unit 8 spawn at info_player_deathmatch (make about 16 of these spawnpoints). The Stalker uses info_player_start or info_player_rebel entities.

Setting up a server:

This gamemode uses mapcycle files. Just make a text file containing the names of the maps you want the gamemode to use in your gmod directory, then type "mapcyclefile whatever.txt" in console.

Other Notes:

Installation: Extract the file to your garrysmod directory. If you can't follow these instructions, then you fail.

I don't recommend trying to learn from this. 90% of the code is extremely unreadable and messy, but it doesn't cause any trouble/lag, so i'll leave it alone.

If you've got any comments/suggestions, please post them.

Download (current version) :

IMPORTANT: The clientscripts.txt provided is faulty. Try this one instead: http://clanfr.eu/download/clientscripts.txt

In order to make your own, go ingame and type "scriptenforcer_output clientscripts" in your console. Then open your Gmod directory and move clientscripts.txt to the gamemode folder (garrysmod/gamemodes/stalker2).

1.7 Changelog:

[list]* Redid the chat area, now it's much more stylized.
    * Fixed recoil bug with weapons.
    * Fixed VGUI problems.
    * Reduced amount of motion blur and such... Less intense now.
    * Un-nerfed the SPAS-12 slightly.
    * Customizability! A few commands i've added:
    * ts_setskin (1-4) - Lets you choose from 4 custom derma skins i've provided, or you can just use your own.
    * ts_chatboxcolor (r g b) - Lets you customize the color of the chat box!
    * ts_chatboxbordercolor (r g b) - Customize the border too.[/list]
    1.8 Changelog:

[list]* Added new console command, ts_specoverlay (1-6). It allows you to choose from 6 overlays as a spectator.
    * Decals get cleaned up at the end of the round.
    * Stalker has more health when it spawns be default.
    * Steyr AUG automatically unzooms when you're about to reload.
    * Chat area works fine now.
    * All weapons have a different recoil system which is much less shitty.
    * Modified SPAS12. More bullets, but each bullet does less damage.[/list]
    1.92 (Beta) Changelog:

[list]* Stalker will now scream if it stays in the same place for more than 60 seconds. I've tested this and there shouldn't be any reason to have to increase this number. If you sit in the same place for longer than a minute you're a slow-ass stalker.
    * Stalker can now right click humans to possess them for 15 seconds. While possessed, soldiers cannot see anything on their radar, and their health/ammo readings go wonky. Additionally, they hear strange voices and their screen gets shakey and blurry.
    * You now see corpses on the radar. Wounded teammates will have a flashing color on the radar.
    * Lasersights now don't have a beam anymore (it was very ugly). However, your aimer dot turns green when you see a teammate, and the dot grows bigger when you're looking at the stalker. This increases the laser's usefulness by a lot.
    * Spectators now can toggle through soldiers by using primary fire. Reloading now makes you free-roam.
    * Ammo regeneration time implemented. You have limited ammo which regenerates every 90 seconds.[/list]
    2.0 (Hopefully Final) Changelog:

[list]* You can't spam the F2 key as a soldier any more.
    * Pistols are now more balanced.
    * Tweaked laser sights.
    * Fixed any loadout exploits remaining.
    * Blocked various bindings that may give advantages.
    * Stalker can't constantly jump around now.
    * Slightly less blur on psychokinesis effects for soldiers.[/list]

Additional Maps:

Map pack:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2006
    53 Posts
    Very cool, I will download it now.
    Hopefully there are some servers up that are running it.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,306 Posts
    Sweet, I hope I see some servers with this.

4. Post #4
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    If you see any hosts, point them to this page. :)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    335 Posts
    I hope you fixed the overkill on motion blur when you're low on hp? I couldn't see shit when I was below 10 health...

Anyways, great gamemode.

6. Post #6
    January 2007
    12 Posts
    this. is. awesome!
    I was a fan of the original (1.5) but this, this is jut sexy :)

I'll start bugging my mate to update to 1.6 as soon as he gets online :D

7. Post #7

October 2007
    4 Posts
    no servers still (Always!)

8. Post #8
    March 2007
    37 Posts
    Really... I waited for this for a long long time !

It's great!

By the way, I'm setting up a server!

9. Post #9

September 2006
    3 Posts
    Hot damn! It's about time you made this! I've been waiting for quite a while.

10. Post #10
    March 2007
    37 Posts
    Server is online, pilsbunker.de:27015 Pilsbunker.de | Stalker ,
    I'm uploading the rest of the Stalker maps to it.

Have fun!

Edit:

So little bug report:

-The Chatbox is now a big grey box, you can write something but u don't see what
    -The Wepon Menu is too small, there are only two entrys schown

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,744 Posts
    Any server up with this? I'd like to try it.

12. Post #12
    March 2007
    37 Posts
    war_man333 posted:
    Any server up with this? I'd like to try it.
    Reading helps... pilsbunker.de:27015

13. Post #13
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    MaZz3 posted:
    Server is online, pilsbunker.de:27015 Pilsbunker.de | Stalker ,
    I'm uploading the rest of the Stalker maps to it.

Have fun!

Edit:

So little bug report:

-The Chatbox is now a big grey box, you can write something but u don't see what
    -The Wepon Menu is too small, there are only two entrys schown
    Could you post a screenshot? That sounds like an interesting bug.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,968 Posts
    WHY IT DOESN'T DOWNLOAD?!?!
    damn I want this!

15. Post #15
    January 2007
    12 Posts
    Wow.. played it and it's even more awesome than i imagined. although one of your maps seems to be a port/replica of a hidden map?

Also.. mate's server;

STALKER MOFO'S !!!!
    82.94.220.112:27045

Have fun :)

also.. gold star :D

16. Post #16
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    Finally! I've waited so long!

17. Post #17
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    I've just found a few glitches.

I'll be updating this soon with a few fixes. The menu glitch, the weapon sound glitch and such have been fixed, i have a few more things to edit and i'll be done.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    245 Posts
    About time! Thanks for finally releasing it. :)
    After people discovered that you could give yourself weapons, all the servers just disappeared. Made me sad, It was a great alternative to building when I got bored even of zombie survival.

19. Post #19
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    Yeah, i fixed that issue a while back, but neglected to release the fix.

As soon as i fix this chat window bug i'll update.

20. Post #20

October 2006
    3 Posts
    What The Heck It Says to me its invalid or corrupted :(...

21. Post #21
    August 2007
    4 Posts
    When I download the archive (both from the main and mirror server) it's says that the file is corrupted (I use WinRAR). Am I the only one having this issue ?

22. Post #22
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    I'll be releasing version 1.7 soon, so don't worry.

Progress report:

-Redid the chat area, now it's much more stylized.
    -Fixed recoil bug with weapons.
    -Fixed VGUI problems.
    -Reduced amount of motion blur and such... Less intense now.
    -Un-nerfed the SPAS-12 slightly.
    -Customizability! A few commands i'va added:

-ts_setskin (1-4) - Lets you choose from 4 custom derma skins i've provided, or you can just use your own.
    -ts_chatboxcolor (r g b) - Lets you customize the color of the chat box!
    -ts_chatboxbordercolor (r g b) - Customize the border too.

Here's a sneak peek:

EDIT: 1.7 is out.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,968 Posts
    Sech you know is there some problem at download links because mirror and main download thingy stop downloading at 50%

24. Post #24

June 2007
    13 Posts
    Bug. Wow i know

Smartsnap automatically enables itself in Stalker for some reason. When it does this a grid appears on every thing. Including players and the stalker. I find that it is more of a cheat and will need fixing.

Sorry for the people that where using this as a cheat but its unfair and is cheating.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,069 Posts
    Did I mention that I love you?

This is the only half decent game mode ever made for GMod.

Slight problem though..

http://xs120.xs.to/xs120/07434/ts_breach0003.jpg

:(

Ignore my aim bot, forgot to remove it.

Ok fixed that.

26. Post #26
    October 2007
    367 Posts
    sweeeet i hope my unoriginall gmod will let me play on those servers :(

27. Post #27
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    Xera posted:
    Did I mention that I love you?

This is the only half decent game mode ever made for GMod.

Slight problem though..

http://xs120.xs.to/xs120/07434/ts_breach0003.jpg

:(

Ok fixed that.
    You shouldn't have that error with 1.7, i removed any overlays there may have been.

Also, fuck garrysmod.org, all my uploads get corrupted. :argh:

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,116 Posts
    Are you using 7zip? If so, it's the compression method. Use Send To -> Compressed file ( or whatever ) instead.

29. Post #29
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    I use winrar... It's never corrupted my shit before.

It must be my shitty residence internet connection. :(

I'll try adding mirrors.

Also, i'll try to generate a clientscripts file that doesn't break gmod. :/

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,967 Posts
    The download just freezes at 66% every time. Could someone post a mirror or something?

Strange. I keep loosing smartness without having any spelling misstakes or grammatical errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    Added an alternate download. If that fails, i'll just take my laptop to a place with decent wireless and upload there. :sigh:

32. Post #32
    January 2007
    12 Posts
    Even better than before :D

Edit: i need to re-star you

33. Post #33
    May 2005
    21 Posts
    Xera posted:

Ok fixed that.
    Not cool.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,069 Posts
    Eraser_uk posted:
    Not cool.
    I made it when I was bored. :keke:

Edit:

Sechs posted:
    You shouldn't have that error with 1.7, i removed any overlays there may have been.

Also, fuck garrysmod.org, all my uploads get corrupted. :argh:
    Yeah, I realised I joined a 1.6 server...

35. Post #35
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    Does my alternate link work?

36. Post #36
    May 2005
    21 Posts
    Yes it works. I complained to you yesterday about the overlay and you said there shouldn't have been one

37. Post #37
    January 2007
    12 Posts
    Sechs posted:
    Does my alternate link work?
    Yes, but there's still a problem in the gamemode :(
    No chatbox loads... well it does load for a split second and then i get this LUA error on screen and the chatbox gets removed;

ERROR: Hook 'CA.DrawChatArea' Failed: the-stalker/gamemode/cl_init.lua:1130: attempt to index field 'Tags' (a nil value)
    Removing Hook 'CA.DrawChatArea'

and the gamemode is the-stalker because my friends server is stuck on that for the default gamemode, but everything else works great.

And oh yeah, is there anything you can do to stop shotgun sprayers, like LIMITED ammo? Would pawn :)

38. Post #38

June 2007
    8 Posts
    I'm playing this right now, it's pretty cool, a few things could do with adjusting...
    also

It's VERY boring, most of the time people just shoot at nothing, i think a better option is to make one stalker, who when kills a person, respawns them as another stalker, until there is only 1 person and about 11 stalkers.

Kind of like Zombie Survival, but with a invisible creepy bunrt guy.

39. Post #39
    November 2005
    333 Posts
    The solution to campers:

As stalker, pick up something like a barrel or a desk. As you're holding it, right click so that it becomes psycho. Then toss it in the room where the people are camping.

Then sit back and watch them freak out.

I'm going to release 1.8 (i really hate releasing updates this rapidly) with some crucial features, like scriptenforcer and such. Cheaters are a big problem.

40. Post #40
    May 2005
    21 Posts
    Thank you. After seeing that cheating poo face I've been looking forward to your enforcing script.