1. Post #81
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    I think most of your models looks like they got no smoothing groups.
    It's supposed to be one ragdoll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,446 Posts
    it looks like you rag-dolled it the same way as the combine door, or advisor door pod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #83
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    What the fuck are you talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,930 Posts
    it looks like you rag-dolled it the same way as the combine door, or advisor door pod
    Those were controlled by Hybrid Physics which was introduced in EP2 (at least the Advisor pod was) I don't model at all and I knew that, you have no idea what you're talking about I'm afraid.

Edited:

I think most of your models looks like they got no smoothing groups.
    Completely missed the point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #85
    July 2009
    4,870 Posts
    It's supposed to be one ragdoll.
    A ragdoll of what?

It may be over the phys limit or way to big as they can cause ragdolls to spawn under/in the floor.

6. Post #86
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,930 Posts
    It's the shuttle from the Normandy SR2 :pseudo:

7. Post #87
    July 2009
    4,870 Posts
    It's the shuttle from the Normandy SR2 :pseudo:
    Wow your right, that has gone bad @.@

8. Post #88
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,348 Posts
    Nude Liara please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    It's really really low res for some reason

10. Post #90
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    Nude Liara please
    I would say no out of respect for the character, but seeing as you are a mod...
    -snip-
    and you should know, that probally none of us porting these will ever do a nude model...
    also, i havnt gotten much done on account of a 12 hour road trip, and school, will get on it soon as i can, though i am running into yet more bugs... whenever i spawn my Vorcha ragdoll in gmod, it is invisible... i tried changing the skin group, and nothing.

11. Post #91
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,348 Posts
    I would say no out of respect for the character, but seeing as you are a mod...
    -snip-
    and you should know, that probally none of us porting these will ever do a nude model...
    also, i havnt gotten much done on account of a 12 hour road trip, and school, will get on it soon as i can, though i am running into yet more bugs... whenever i spawn my Vorcha ragdoll in gmod, it is invisible... i tried changing the skin group, and nothing.
    What do you mean man, Bioware had respect for the character and they MADE it

I just need to make some MajorDump style romantical poses ofc, nothing untoward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

12. Post #92
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts

I'll look into it

13. Post #93
    September 2010
    22 Posts
    hey i i saw liara and elcore here where are they????
    also, mabe you should make big mass effect pack!!1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

14. Post #94
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts

Hold on... bioware actually made a nude model of her for the game? (never did pursue Liara LI... my LI was the gorram ship =P)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,068 Posts
    There's semi nude male and female bodies in me1 for use in the cutscenes. They aren't actually nude (no details are textured) but you get the general idea.

Also just gonna drop this here. As always the head is merely temporary - need to find Wasea's correct textures. Also got to make one or two skin variations of that as well and do some fixing on the fingers, but it's almost done. Will also have to screengrab her actual armour colours.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events

16. Post #96
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    I really like the white one, well done!

Edited:

hey i i saw liara and elcore here where are they????
    Elcor isn't done yet, sorry

17. Post #97
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    Well anyway, while i wait for an answer to hit me in the head, i Dl'ed crazybump and made some new bumps for the vorcha body, seeing as the default were crap, now for some reason HLMV will not load the model, so i am re-compiling, will post pics soon as i can.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,068 Posts
    Well anyway, while i wait for an answer to hit me in the head, i Dl'ed crazybump and made some new bumps for the vorcha body, seeing as the default were crap, now for some reason HLMV will not load the model, so i am re-compiling, will post pics soon as i can.
    I recommend you do not actually use CB to make normal maps, since you'll get some very weird bumps instead.

Try to improve the default bumpmap instead. To give it more definition just copy the layer, set to overlay and blur around a bit. Copy a few times to get more definition etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events

19. Post #99
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    I recommend you do not actually use CB to make normal maps, since you'll get some very weird bumps instead.

Try to improve the default bumpmap instead. To give it more definition just copy the layer, set to overlay and blur around a bit. Copy a few times to get more definition etc.
    Not possible, the thing is, the model only has bump texturing on the clothing, not the skin, so it looks like weird shiny-plastic-vorcha with phong...
    I win =D

I also re-did tali's bump, and you are correct, it gives some wierd effects, but that is where you take it to photoshop and edit then out, eg.
    -Original Bump
    -My Bump
    Which is better?
    OH YEAH!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    333 Posts
    Wait, there's no specular mapping for the vorcha?

21. Post #101
    July 2009
    4,870 Posts
    Wait, there's no specular mapping for the vorcha?
    There is for the clothes but not for the skin.

22. Post #102
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    There is for the clothes but not for the skin.
    Which is odd, seeing as the cloths don't really need it... but I think i got a good thing on the skin there with CB...

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,185 Posts
    Didn't you find a spec map in the ME2 files where you got the Vorcha textures from? I think i saw a face spec map when i went to find some other textures for them.

Wait, spec maps or normal maps? I just looked and i found normals for the body and face but spec maps for neither. Apologies if i'm being dumb and they're the same thing, though.

Either way, uploaded the normal map for the head for you.
    CLICK THIS.

24. Post #104
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    Didn't you find a spec map in the ME2 files where you got the Vorcha textures from? I think i saw a face spec map when i went to find some other textures for them.

Wait, spec maps or normal maps? I just looked and i found normals for the body and face but spec maps for neither. Apologies if i'm being dumb and they're the same thing, though.

Either way, uploaded the normal map for the head for you.
    CLICK THIS.
    Uhh... what head? I already had it...

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,185 Posts
    Rate me bad reading, somewhere i thought you couldn't find the bumpmap for the head. The screenshot you posted didn't look like the head had any normal mapping untill i looked closely a minute ago, My mistake.

And seeing as Korro posted pictures of a quarian skin further up the page, this is relevant:

I probably have a lot more but those are all the ones i can find at a moment's notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,398 Posts
    Hold on... bioware actually made a nude model of her for the game? (never did pursue Liara LI... my LI was the gorram ship =P)
    In the first Mass Effect you could bone Liara you silly goose. There's a nude body mesh for her but I'm pretty sure it's just textured with blue skin and no genitalia. All you get a glimpse of in the romance scene is a side boob and an ass.

And the romance scene in the ME2 DLC is nothing special at all. NONE of them were actually. I guess all the controversy over the first game scared EA a little.

27. Post #107
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    333 Posts
    @Korro, I just extracted BioD_OmgGrA_106BloodpackRoom.pcc and at a glance saw proper specular maps for the Vorcha in the alpha channels of ALN_NKD_Diff_BPak.tga and ALN_HED_PRO_Diff.tga

28. Post #108
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    @Korro, I just extracted BioD_OmgGrA_106BloodpackRoom.pcc and at a glance saw proper specular maps for the Vorcha in the alpha channels of ALN_NKD_Diff_BPak.tga and ALN_HED_PRO_Diff.tga
    alright cool, though i already have spec maps I believe, i am just being a lazy ass and not putting them in just yet... (got a shiat load of HW to do)

Rate me bad reading, somewhere i thought you couldn't find the bumpmap for the head. The screenshot you posted didn't look like the head had any normal mapping untill i looked closely a minute ago, My mistake.

And seeing as Korro posted pictures of a quarian skin further up the page, this is relevant:

I probably have a lot more but those are all the ones i can find at a moment's notice.
    Nice skins! you want my improved Bump map? I combined the best aspects of both Bioware's and my own and it looks pretty good:

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,185 Posts
    Most if not all of those have their own bumpmaps, i added bits like flat 'armored' sections to some of them so i got a friend to make me bumpmaps that fit with them, cheers for the offer, though.

I might release one or two, depending on whether or not anyone actually wants them.

And i want to skin something ME related but i don't have any idea what :saddowns:

30. Post #110
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts

Upcoming stuff

31. Post #111
    July 2010
    176 Posts

Upcoming stuff
    I can't wait!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    Elcor release tomorrow!

33. Post #113
    July 2009
    4,870 Posts
    Elcor release tomorrow!
    Yay :D

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say...

Adulation: The anticipation is killing me.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,577 Posts
    Hamlet with an all Elcor Cast in garrysmod, hands down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,551 Posts
    im finishing the female version of shepard, should have a release in a day or two

36. Post #116
    December 2007
    745 Posts
    im finishing the female version of shepard, should have a release in a day or two
    Nice, looking forward to that.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,845 Posts
    Hey, plasmid, will you make skins for your sherards? Male one is awesome, but... a bit too white. Some skins would be great and useful, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,551 Posts
    Hey, plasmid, will you make skins for your sherards? Male one is awesome, but... a bit too white. Some skins would be great and useful, I think.
    yes, but im at the VMT limit so if I do any reskins it would be a separate file and replaces the old skin

39. Post #119
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    What should I port now?

40. Post #120
    June 2009
    251 Posts
    What should I port now?
    Try Samara and Miranda. Or maybe Liara.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)