1. Post #2681
    March 2010
    161 Posts
    Well now you've fixed it and my joke is ruined. Shirt.
    No, sir. It was ruined when you didn't know what compensation means XD

I'm j/p, man. Let's stop adding useless new posts of failed humor, don't want to get anyone all falsely excited ;P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2682

September 2011
    724 Posts
    Now i hate to ask this.

But ive searched DTs fancy model pack first before asking here but....where can i find one of those big ass Loki mechs ?

(which i am also suprised isnt listed anywhere on the ME ports catalouge)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

3. Post #2683
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    There are no 'big ass LOKI mechs', There's LOKI mechs and there's YMIR mechs. The YMIR ones are huge and much different.

There's one in DT's model pack, so you must not be looking hard enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #2684

September 2011
    724 Posts
    There are no 'big ass LOKI mechs', There's LOKI mechs and there's YMIR mechs. The YMIR ones are huge and much different.

There's one in DT's model pack, so you must not be looking hard enough.
    Yes thats what i ment the YMIR one. But it isnt that i didnt look but its because those links dont work .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

5. Post #2685
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    Check back a few pages in this thread, someone posted a link to just the mass effect stuff pretty recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #2686
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    507 Posts
    Yes thats what i ment the YMIR one. But it isnt that i didnt look but its because those links dont work .
    Lucky you are, I was cleaning my dbox folder tonight and found it in there.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31627527/%D0...D0%B8%D0%B4.7z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #2687
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,311 Posts
    Damn I know what you mean. I feel like stuff I port gets used once or twice at best. And yeah always seems like, that the model that gets requested the most end up being models that end up being by far the most ignored.
    Welp like I've said I've offered to pay folks commensurately for time put in, not specifically for content, and no takers. Plenty of ways to give back to folks doing the work, regardless of source or popularity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2688
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    Got back to work on the turian defences, not got many things left now. I think i forgot a corner piece for the shorter barricades somewhere, and a ladder.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Useful Useful x 2 (list)

9. Post #2689
    January 2011
    876 Posts
    Check back a few pages in this thread, someone posted a link to just the mass effect stuff pretty recently.
    Or he could search facepunch. It's actually in the thread "Post Links to your lost Model Downloads Packs here" Thats usually the first place to look if theres missing links to models. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #2690
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Nice job on those barricades floater keep up the good work on the scenebuild stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2691
    July 2011
    325 Posts
    Joker
    DEAR GOD HIS EARS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

12. Post #2692
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    The Turian barricades and cliffs an stuff looks awesome floater, can't wait to see that stuff in peoples scenebuilds!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2693
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,311 Posts
    DEAR GOD HIS EARS
    They've always been like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #2694
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,629 Posts

you wanted a scenebuild, there it is

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 8Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

15. Post #2695
    March 2010
    161 Posts
    You know where the most beautiful scenery is hiding, send your fleet in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #2696
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    I did want a scenebuild, and it ended up being very sexy.

Any problems with the models?

17. Post #2697
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    Citadel Council: FINE!

God i love these ships.

18. Post #2698
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    A fleet could not track down one addon.

Edited:

Citadel Council: FINE!

God i love these ships.
    second one is perfect for the ep3 star wars music

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2699
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    A fleet could not track down one addon.

Edited:

second one is perfect for the ep3 star wars music

Thatís what I was going with in the first place, copying the intro battle of star wars ep3.

20. Post #2700
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,629 Posts
    Any problems with the models?
    all good apart from the shoddy phys like you said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

21. Post #2701
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    Is it just the phys on the cliffs that sucks, or are there any issues with the barricades and bunkers?

I'm debating whether or not to make some nice physmodels for the cliffs that curve inwards since those are the only things i can think of that really suck.

22. Post #2702
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,629 Posts
    the cliffs should have either really nice physmodels or they should be effect props IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2703
    July 2010
    5,396 Posts
    Big things like rocks and cliffs and stuff should be effects. Then you can make multiple scales without having to deal with messing with the mass and whatnot in the QC.

24. Post #2704
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    I didn't know you could rescale effects, care to share the knowledge?

I currently have 3 sizes of cliffs, i'll make the largest ones effects and give the others good physmodels. As for rocks, i'll keep the phys on the big boulders and any clusters of rocks i've got can just be effects.

And you can make multiple scales of stuff without having to mess with the .qc by using the prop re-sizer tool on gmod.org, like so: (with me standing in the middle for scale)

Made it in gm_construct's color room because i really didn't want to have to try lighting something huge, managed to do it with 1 lamp for the whole thing

Only downside of the prop resizer tool is that it doesn't always resize the physmodel properly so it's suicidically difficult to make scenebuilds with if you're using it a lot. I only pulled this off by
    copiously using the ignore tool.

Slight update.

I'd say this is an improvement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #2705
    July 2010
    5,396 Posts
    I personally don't know how to make effects bigger. I just figured that because all of Norpo's effects came in different sizes that there was some way.

26. Post #2706
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Thatís what I was going with in the first place, copying the intro battle of star wars ep3.
    If you were going for that you did a nice job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #2707
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Figure Ill show what Ive done with all these great things you guys have ported

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again to everyone who helped port this awesome stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #2708
    April 2009
    551 Posts
    Since I failed with the armor I decided to mess around with Umodel & Texmod trying to make batarian skins since we only have two heads.

Thoughts about them?

Edit:

Also, if anyone want a specific looking Batarian I'll see what I can do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner x 6Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #2709
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Great job on those skins they look like they would be in mass effect itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #2710
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    Ok, Casual Turians are almost done, just waiting on Floater for the body textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #2711
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Ok, Casual Turians are almost done, just waiting on Floater for the body textures.
    Awesome, thell be great to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #2712
    July 2011
    325 Posts
    Ah yes "Casual Tuians"
    Is the Turian Councilor in there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2713

April 2012
    30 Posts
    Figure Ill show what Ive done with all these great things you guys have ported

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again to everyone who helped port this awesome stuff.
    How'd you do the laser?

34. Post #2714
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    How'd you do the laser?
    A lamp in the center of the firing chamber with a red laser rope attached to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #2715
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,128 Posts
    Ah yes "Casual Tuians"
    Is the Turian Councilor in there?
    IF floater tints the clothing right, yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2716
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,183 Posts
    You need the facemap, too, I'm guessing you want me to tint the faces as well.

I probably will make his clothes, Basing outfits off ingame ones is quicker than trying to think up color combinations that work.

Speaking of clothing:

1 more dress, then i've got this outfit finished. Got a couple other dress types to do, then i'm not sure what else Haxxer has in store for me to tint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #2717
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,311 Posts
    Since I failed with the armor I decided to mess around with Umodel & Texmod trying to make batarian skins since we only have two heads.

Thoughts about them?

Edit:

Also, if anyone want a specific looking Batarian I'll see what I can do.
    Maybe one with maori style markings around the eyes and nose? Like a old grumpy StateInt commando whose best days are behind him.

38. Post #2718
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,063 Posts
    You need the facemap, too, I'm guessing you want me to tint the faces as well.

I probably will make his clothes, Basing outfits off ingame ones is quicker than trying to think up color combinations that work.

Speaking of clothing:

1 more dress, then i've got this outfit finished. Got a couple other dress types to do, then i'm not sure what else Haxxer has in store for me to tint.
    Did Asari get a ninja boobjob between me1 and m3. I don't recall them being so pronounced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

39. Post #2719
    April 2009
    551 Posts
    More batarians

Maybe one with maori style markings around the eyes and nose? Like a old grumpy StateInt commando whose best days are behind him.
    Maori? If it's these guys you're talking about
    Then that's a no-go, I'm terrible at making real-life realistic tattoos. Also it's not mass effect stylish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2720
    June 2009
    421 Posts
    Thanks to this thread I can express my hatred towards Banshees with art!

Thanks again.

Now I wish I could play as a Geth Prime in multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)