1. Post #161
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    12,954 Posts
    Sorry, i guess i didn't point out i thought it was the most ridiculous shit i've ever heard.
    It was a conspiracy theories show on HC, and i lost my shit and fell off the couch laughing.
    History channel is full of bullshit these days. I wonder what they're going to do after 2012 and all their Nostradamus shit is invalid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    The idea of a planned explosion makes no sense. What the hell does Bush or whoever people claim bombed it gain from doing so?
    money, people like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    12,954 Posts
    money, people like that
    Like the trillions of dollars we've lost from the war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    July 2009
    4,163 Posts
    Still waiting for you to back up any of your claims, for that matter.
    You ignore a lot.

I'll see if I can find the box next time he goes out. He doesn't like me poking around his stuff.

5. Post #165
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    money, people like that
    So companies could make money in an economy that has an overall decrease, lowering the value of the very money they just got through a devious scheme that involves a government cover-up of epic proportions...something the government does so well...

Sounds reasonable.

Edited:

History channel is full of bullshit these days. I wonder what they're going to do after 2012 and all their Nostradamus shit is invalid.
    I think the building it's housed in will spontaneously burst into flames and the "Goings On of the Past Channel" will show a series explaining how Bible-Code alluded to the explosion of the History Channel HQ.
    I will be tivo-ing the shit out of that.

6. Post #166
    November 2009
    10,071 Posts
    No use trying to convice idiots. They are stuck in their own world, and will spend their life thinking that the government would blow their own building up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    January 2010
    775 Posts
    Although I am a non-believer that WTC was an inside job (although I wouldn't put t past the government to take a dump on its citizens like that; they've been doing it for years) I think one of the most patriotic things an American can do is be skeptical and constantly, completely question the Guv'ment. I think that is the most important lesson from 9/11, is to question authority. The actual conspiracy I feel is unimportant now. We have moved passed that. Now we have the patriot act.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Give it a rest. It's the repercussions "we" need to work out (Patriot act, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,261 Posts
    money, people like that
    How would that give anyone money, it's not like the WTC buildings crashing down instantly lined the pockets of rich people.

10. Post #170
    January 2010
    775 Posts
    For all those involved with the Endeavors and Monetary Gains of War, it did line their pockets, but not as fast as the buildings fall.

11. Post #171
    August 2010
    546 Posts
    I think Bush also used his weather machine to cause Katrina and the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile. Don't you dare disagree with me, only an idiot would think otherwise.

Edited:

forgot I had no factual evidence, oh well, can't back out of the argument now
    Hey I think the 33 degree alien masons controll the Pope and the Pentagon with alien rays and if you think otherwise you're a moron

Just pointing out that your sarcasm had absolutely no link with my post. I ridicule 9/11 demolition conspiracy theories myself - you made fun of a post which said that I don't think that WTC was demolished.

Good job making yourself look like an idiot once again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,530 Posts
    Are you guys all architects or something

No, I'm a mason

13. Post #173
    August 2010
    1,228 Posts
    If I was in one of these towers at the time, i'd accept my fate and wait for the buildings to fall. When the began falling, it'd be awesome and sad.

Awesome because I am floating around for a short few seconds, sad because I will only be able to float around for a few seconds, then be crushed.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,497 Posts
    They're gonna fly their shit on the 2027 Apophis asteroid flyby

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,603 Posts
    I've never decided on which one i choose, the credibility of the evidience either side is hazy to say the least
    There are fingers pointing in both directions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    April 2009
    1,194 Posts
    There's no way the Bush administration would have been anywhere near smart enough to come up with what the conspiracy theorists claim, let alone the skills to pull it off. I mean come on, its the friggin Bush administration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    August 2010
    546 Posts
    I've never decided on which one i choose, the credibility of the evidience either side is hazy to say the least
    There are fingers pointing in both directions.
    WTC wasn't demolished nor was the US government involved in destroying it, but 9/11 is just a minor crime - the US government has committed far serious crimes including crimes against humanity before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,711 Posts
    Maybe it's built in building safeties? If a building is going to collapse sideways, maybe there's something built in that will cause it to collapse in on itself?

It would seem like a smart thing to do.

19. Post #179
    January 2007
    400 Posts
    I'm just a young person who feels their duty is to call out injustices and shed light on the crap our government wants to keep in the dark.
    Calling people sheep and telling them to "Wake up" tends to just piss them off rather than make them agree with you.

WTC wasn't demolished nor was the US government involved in destroying it, but 9/11 is just a minor crime - the US government has committed far serious crimes including crimes against humanity before.
    Killing a few thousand people = Minor Crime

20. Post #180
    August 2010
    546 Posts
    Killing a few thousand people = Minor Crime
    Yes. Illegal wars are far more serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    September 2005
    85 Posts
    Jet fuel can burn at approximately 1000 degrees C.

Steel retains TEN PERCENT of its strength after being heated to approximately 750 degrees C.

Skyscrapers are designed to collapse on themselves and vertically, it's smart city planning.

The government didn't plan 9/11.

You are an idiot if you think this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    August 2010
    106 Posts
    it got blown up just like the wtc itself the american government did it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,894 Posts
    asplosions happenid

24. Post #184
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    There's no way the Bush administration would have been anywhere near smart enough to come up with what the conspiracy theorists claim, let alone the skills to pull it off. I mean come on, its the friggin Bush administration.
    They couldn't plant/make up sufficient evidence that they found/had weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which would have made everyone say "ohhh, alright cool. I'm fine with the Iraq war now, he did actually have nukes..." which would have been way easier than orchestrating 9/11...yet somehow his organization pulls off the most evil plan the US has seen?
    Seriously?
    That train of thought makes sense to some people?

25. Post #185
    September 2010
    435 Posts
    Jet fuel can burn at approximately 1000 degrees C.

Steel retains TEN PERCENT of its strength after being heated to approximately 750 degrees C.

Skyscrapers are designed to collapse on themselves and vertically, it's smart city planning.

The government didn't plan 9/11.

You are an idiot if you think this.
    It wasn't jet fuel that started the fire in WTC 7, it was smoke that self ignited the building.

Steel does retain alot of its strength after being heated enough, add the fact that the building didn't have any concrete core.

Yes, scysrapers are designed to implode. I don't care if someones dad is an demolition expert at blowing up any building that are non-skyscrapers.

You can't rule out that the government planned 9/11, though it is higly unlikely that they did. (Like 99% unlikely)

They didn't really have a reason to start it, they already had reasons and the advantages of starting a war with Afghanistan/Iraq. (Barely passable arguements with Afghanistan, but they'd pass due to the fact that they still are the United 'motherfucking' States of 'fucking' America.

Personal Objection below, no need to read if you don't want to read my thoughts.

My guess would be that some powerful chap wanted some important files and documents destroyed, though since it all got destroyed I supose that he got what he wanted in that case. So the whole concept of some dude like the Rockefellers did it should just be ruled out, since there is no evidence to prove that it was any of his doings. (Rockefeller is just an example) it could be anyone, the whole 'World Trade Center' facilities contained alot of important stuff from all around the (guess what!)

globe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,100 Posts
    OP posted:
    You see, the big problem with this "proof" is that, if you look at buildings 6 and 5, notice how much shorter and wider they are compared to what building 7 looked like. A building that is shorter and wider will have a stronger base and less weight to hold up. A taller and skinnier building like building 7 would have been supporting much more weight than the other two, and would be much more likely to collapse. Also, consider that 6 and 5 were crushed from the top down, while the pictures from 7 showed that it suffered a gash on the side. A top down impact wouldn't have compromised the structure because the supports that were destroyed were destroyed along with the floors above them, so all of the floors that were not destroyed still had intact supports. The gash on 7 would have taken out the supports, but the floors above them would still be there, making the building unable to hold up its own weight, and imploding.

This is common sense people, how hard is that?

27. Post #187
    January 2010
    113 Posts
    Reality glitched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....0#post24858490

we can rule out FreeThinker as either extremely closed-minded or a troll

imasillypiggy, I gotta say out of everybody on this forum I hate you the most

your typing makes me want to cut my eyes out and your arguments have evidence 0% of the time

it's not any of your beliefs specifically, it's just how you act like an eleven-year-old and refuse to leave your little thought-shelter and accept anyone else's opinion

you've contributed nothing to this thread debate-wise and nothing anyone does will change the way your eleven-year-old mind thinks

make an account without a retarded name and come back in five years, ok?

29. Post #189
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    They couldn't plant/make up sufficient evidence that they found/had weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which would have made everyone say "ohhh, alright cool. I'm fine with the Iraq war now, he did actually have nukes..." which would have been way easier than orchestrating 9/11...yet somehow his organization pulls off the most evil plan the US has seen?
    Seriously?
    That train of thought makes sense to some people?
    I'm going to point out that nothing happens unless Congress is behind it and Congress doesn't pass anything unless the PEOPLE want it. We wanted to go to war with Iraq at the time for harboring our enemies, supporting and training them and allegedly having nuclear weapons (This last point is taken out of context quite often, they didn't have nuclear weapons, they had SCUD launchers and missiles capable of using a warhead and Iraq had been attempting to develop nuclear weapons for ten years by this time, which was our probable cause to invade, that the people supported)

I'm not going to talk Politics anymore, it's mostly opinion anyway. I'm a bit better with this WTC stuff since it's all based in the realm of physics and facts.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    I'm going to point out that nothing happens unless Congress is behind it and Congress doesn't pass anything unless the PEOPLE want it. We wanted to go to war with Iraq at the time for harboring our enemies, supporting and training them and allegedly having nuclear weapons (This last point is taken out of context quite often, they didn't have nuclear weapons, they had SCUD launchers and missiles capable of using a warhead and Iraq had been attempting to develop nuclear weapons for ten years by this time, which was our probable cause to invade, that the people supported)

I'm not going to talk Politics anymore, it's mostly opinion anyway. I'm a bit better with this WTC stuff since it's all based in the realm of physics and facts.
    Talking politics on facepunch is like repeatedly being punched in the face    not a pun   . There's always someone with the complete opposite mindset that's very, very vocal about it.

I stay the hell away from In The News now.

31. Post #191
    October 2008
    781 Posts
    "im 30 minutes into avatar and man james cameron is a cinematic genius!"

:effort:

No... no. Please. Just shut the fuck up.

Edited:

You see, the big problem with this "proof" is that, if you look at buildings 6 and 5, notice how much shorter and wider they are compared to what building 7 looked like. A building that is shorter and wider will have a stronger base and less weight to hold up. A taller and skinnier building like building 7 would have been supporting much more weight than the other two, and would be much more likely to collapse. Also, consider that 6 and 5 were crushed from the top down, while the pictures from 7 showed that it suffered a gash on the side. A top down impact wouldn't have compromised the structure because the supports that were destroyed were destroyed along with the floors above them, so all of the floors that were not destroyed still had intact supports. The gash on 7 would have taken out the supports, but the floors above them would still be there, making the building unable to hold up its own weight, and imploding.

This is common sense people, how hard is that?
    Finally someone who understands how buildings work.

32. Post #192
    July 2010
    1,062 Posts
    lol im pstn frm phone i m crsh plene into u r hous lol

33. Post #193
    October 2008
    781 Posts
    On September 11, 2001, 7 WTC was damaged by debris when the nearby North Tower of the WTC collapsed. The debris also ignited fires, which continued to burn throughout the afternoon on lower floors of the building. The building's internal fire suppression system lacked water pressure to fight the fires, and the building collapsed completely at 5:21:10 p.m.[1] The collapse began when a critical column on the 13th floor buckled and triggered structural failure throughout, which was first visible from the exterior with the crumbling of the east mechanical penthouse at 5:20:33 p.m.
    /thread

34. Post #194
    April 2010
    1,574 Posts
    WTC 5 and 6 are covered in debris and heavily damaged, and yet still standing. Why did WTC 7 collapse despite being even further away?
    Are you suggesting that it was an Inside job? Because that seems very peculier to me. There maybe a great deal of significance to the reasoning behind the WTC 7 building collapse.

You should do some investigating, Pull records of employees that worked there. Check for criminals or people of significant value or disvalue to the USA.

I'm assuming your a local? I live in UK so Investigating my be difficult but maybe interesting also.

p.s
    If you find a VERY important fact, Go Public Immediatly or else "Certain Powers" may try and stop you.

p.p.s
    If you look at the towers collapsing you can see a sequence of explosions going off at an almost timed sequence. It seems somebody over looked this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    :downswords:
    please read the thread

36. Post #196
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,542 Posts
    The true story about what happened to WTC7:

WTC7 came home to find all of his brothers dead so he committed suicide.
    The end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    April 2010
    1,574 Posts

I just highlighted something looking suspisous, why were the 2 buildings labeled "WTC" flattened when there were buildings that are closer and were unscaved?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Like the trillions of dollars we've lost from the war.
    the businesses still make money, why do you think oil is making so much money now

Edited:

How would that give anyone money, it's not like the WTC buildings crashing down instantly lined the pockets of rich people.
    it caused a war and war= money for the rich guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #199
    April 2010
    1,574 Posts
    it caused a war and war= money for the rich guys...........
    .....Taking it from the poor guys

It effected the whole western world! The United Kingdom and United States Military Forces were deployed almost instantly to Afghanistan to chase Osama Bin-faggot.

From the neutral point of view, I think the terrorists won this. They bomb some of the most important financial buildings in the western world, they cause our Populations to be shocked by terror demorilising the public. It lead to our young Men and Women being sent out to fight a nearly unwinnable war. ever weak we see another soldier being send home in a bodybag, the media globalises it, spreading more "terror" through-out the population.

The only way we can win this war is if one of our leaders has enough nads to press the BIG RED BUTTON! and turn there shithole caves to glass hallways!

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,261 Posts
    the businesses still make money, why do you think oil is making so much money now

Edited:

it caused a war and war= money for the rich guys
    huh

Yeah it gives money to contractors and shit but it's not like killing the economy with a shitty war really helps wealthy people in the long run.