March 2009
    1,603 Posts
    it's the fucked up smoothing groups
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events

3. Post #403
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    Cool, I should be releasing my new icons pack tomorrow, so that'll be like a cool double release sort of thing, hopefully.
    Here's all the new stuff. Anything in italics means it won't work ingame, but with any luck Valve will implement it when I send it to them (more likely than usual, these weapons don't have unique icons yet!).

[list]KGB now has more defined lines, it should show up better as a d_ icon (when you weren't involved with the kill) now.[/list][list]New Bushwhacka icon.[/list][list]New GRU icon. Although I usually use orange to designate fire I think it works ironically well here. It will definitely help the rare kills this weapon gets stand out.[/list][list]New Powerjack icon, by Hecates. Pretty much nicer than the current one.[/list][list]New JAG icon, just in case it gets implemented at some point down the road.[/list][list]New Black Box icon.[/list][list]New L'Etranger icon, now with engraved handle (an attempt to match the Ambassador which may be dropped)[/list][list]New Eternal Reward icon. Designed to match MY Spy knife icon rather than Valves.[/list][list]Updated the Showdown (Heavy taunt kill) icon to have a muzzleflash, and cleaned up some weird lines on the wrist.[/list][list]Updated the Wrangler icon to have some radar-pulse-type-thingies instead of an Ambassador muzzleflash(?)[/list][list]New Short Stop icon. Hopefully I'm done tweaking the line thickness on this thing.[/list][list]New Sydney Sleeper icon. A recoloured version of the regular bodyshot icon to represent the minicrit inflicting nature of the gun.[/list][list]New Syndney Sleeper icon. A side-on drawing of the gun designed to match my Sniper Rifle icon.[/list][list]New Frying Pan icon, by Hecates.[/list][list]New Degreaser icon, by Hecates. More detailed than the version Valve is currently using, but in a good way. Includes 3 variants to match the 3 flamethrower variants I've done. (this kinda works ingame but only when buildings are destroyed with it, otherwise it just shows the regular flamethrower icon)[/list][list]"New" Vita-Saw icon, by Idletard.[/list]
    Oh wow this shitty new forum is scaling my image down, click it to make it bigger.

Release will hopefully be tomorrow, I still have to write a few little bits of script and update the big image. Submission to Valve will come soon after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #404
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    I love you Neo

A lot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

5. Post #405

April 2010
    3,458 Posts
    Yeah, it does look sort of like a croc-cock sheild
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    I really like the Wrangler with the radio waves. That's how I always thought it should be.

Can't wait. :love:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #407
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    I love you Neo

A lot
    Thank you!
    I really like the Wrangler with the radio waves. That's how I always thought it should be.

Can't wait. :love:
    Heh, I hate it

I think it needs a seperate killicon for every level, basically the regular icon but with a little laser coming out of it like somebody drew a few emporiums ago (who are you so I can assimilate your icons into my next submission)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #408
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    Heh, I hate it

I think it needs a seperate killicon for every level, basically the regular icon but with a little laser coming out of it like somebody drew a few emporiums ago (who are you so I can assimilate your icons into my next submission)
    I was just about to suggest that. Would be more appropriate, but obviously the three sentry levels can't be implemented right now. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #409

April 2010
    3,458 Posts
    Or you can do the original sentry-laser icon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #410
    March 2009
    1,603 Posts
    which is what they're saying

or maybe not

dunno

11. Post #411
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    Or you can do the original sentry-laser icon
    No that icon is poor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,145 Posts
    Would it be possible for someone to fix the Troublemaker's Tosslecap so it doesn't have the "glossy" look it got in the new update?

13. Post #413

April 2010
    3,458 Posts
    Why does everyone hate the sentry laser icon? It could be remade to be better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,660 Posts
    I'm very fond of the alternate Direct hit, Southern Hospitality, and Tribalman's Shiv icons. They look really nice.

15. Post #415
    March 2009
    1,603 Posts
    Would it be possible for someone to fix the Troublemaker's Tosslecap so it doesn't have the "glossy" look it got in the new update?
    valve said it can't and won't be fixed

16. Post #416

April 2010
    3,458 Posts
    Nvr mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    Why does everyone hate the sentry laser icon? It could be remade to be better
    Because it appears to be firing a laser, not firing bullets while being guided by a laser, plus it's a fat laser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,525 Posts
    plus it's a fat laser.
    More to love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 14Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #419
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    valve said it can't and won't be fixed
    I thought IdleTard fixed it. :raise:

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,087 Posts
    Because it appears to be firing a laser, not firing bullets while being guided by a laser, plus it's a fat laser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Zing Zing x 5 (list)

21. Post #421
    January 2010
    216 Posts
    Attempting to help Shugo get a better view of the Darwin Shield.

Edited:
    This is just for reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)

22. Post #422
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    plus it's a fat laser.
    I like me some fatties. :haw:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    March 2009
    1,603 Posts
    I thought IdleTard fixed it. :raise:
    oh
    well they still said they won't fix it

24. Post #424
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    Attempting to help Shugo get a better view of the Darwin Shield.

Edited:
    This is just for reference.
    But then it's upside-down.

Edited:

oh
    well they still said they won't fix it
    No, they didn't say they won't fix it. They said they're still working on it. While that can usually be interpreted as "nope, not bothering with it" when coming from Valve, you still can't say they WON'T do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #425
    March 2009
    1,603 Posts
    goddammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

26. Post #426
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    Ok Shugo about your icons,

Fists are bad as you already mentioned
    Disguise Kit looks odd but I couldn't tell you why
    Invis Watch has very bad lighting
    Blutsauger has very bad lighting
    Razorback looks huge in comparison to the Huntsman and especially in comparison to Darwin's Danger Shield
    Could the Dead Ringer be moved down slightly?
    The Holy Mackerel should DEFINITELY be lying on it's side.
    The Battalion's Backup is tiny compared to the Buff Banner

And an offer, would you like me to make a hack of the Fez which folds up the glasses and positions them next to the hat, much like the icon for the Lumbricus Lid? Or would you prefer to have the Spy wearing it as the icon? Or just the glasses floating?

Similarly, would you like me to actually reposition the grenades on the Lumbricus Lid model so that you can remake your icon properly? I noticed the previous iteration had some perspective issues that meant the grenades would have to be clipping the hit for your icon to make sense.

Everything else is of course, great :)

27. Post #427
    January 2010
    216 Posts
    But then it's upside-down.
    Exceptions can be made right? :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

28. Post #428
    April 2010
    2,963 Posts
    Shugo I thought you were redoing some positions to make it look better, like with the cans? The danger shield, razorback, and charge and targe could all use some new positions optimal for shields.

29. Post #429
    January 2010
    216 Posts
    Is it just me or does the Pyro's Attendant appear to be more in "profile" rather than the angle of the other hats/ weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

30. Post #430
    January 2006
    18,048 Posts
    Not to mention the buff packs.

Edit: As an extension of my previous post, how about an edit to the watches too? They've always looked floating like that to me.

31. Post #431
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    Ok Shugo about your icons,

Fists are bad as you already mentioned
    Disguise Kit looks odd but I couldn't tell you why
    Invis Watch has very bad lighting
    Blutsauger has very bad lighting
    Razorback looks huge in comparison to the Huntsman and especially in comparison to Darwin's Danger Shield
    Could the Dead Ringer be moved down slightly?
    The Holy Mackerel should DEFINITELY be lying on it's side.
    The Battalion's Backup is tiny compared to the Buff Banner

And an offer, would you like me to make a hack of the Fez which folds up the glasses and positions them next to the hat, much like the icon for the Lumbricus Lid? Or would you prefer to have the Spy wearing it as the icon? Or just the glasses floating?

Similarly, would you like me to actually reposition the grenades on the Lumbricus Lid model so that you can remake your icon properly? I noticed the previous iteration had some perspective issues that meant the grenades would have to be clipping the hit for your icon to make sense.

Everything else is of course, great :)
    -Yeah, gonna redo the fade-outs on the fists in a bit. I don't know what I was thinking.
    -Not sure either. vv
    -I'll fix it next time I boot up SDK.
    -Blutsauger's lighting in Model Viewer is fucked now for some reason and I have no idea why. Valve screwed something up. I've restored the original texture/model and everything with no results. If you can figure out what the hell's wrong with it, I can fix the icon.
    -Huntsman and Darwin's Danger Shield have to be smaller to accommodate them within the icon's limits. I can't really use up any more vertical space than what I'm already using. I could put fade-outs on them, but that makes them look a bit weird. Blame Valve.
    -Sorry, but Dead Ringer is one that I think looks fine. It's spot-on the same angle as the other watches. (I checked in the registry.)
    -Good thinking. I'll redo that one too.
    -Backup's problem is the same as Huntsman's. I had to make it smaller to fit in all its details. I tried fading out the antenna, but then it looks a little bland.

And yes, those models would be awesome and very helpful. Especially the Lumbricus Lid. Right now I have to set that shit back up and do three whole poses every time I want to change its icon.

32. Post #432
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,555 Posts
    I can't wait for your icon back, Shugo. :buddy:

Good luck with the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #433
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    Is it just me or does the Pyro's Attendant appear to be more in "profile" rather than the angle of the other hats/ weapons.
    That's Valve's icon, not mine. I haven't done the new hats yet.

34. Post #434
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,555 Posts
    Speaking of the Attendant, do you plan on adding the bow tie into the icon as well, Shugo?

35. Post #435
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,063 Posts
    Speaking of the Attendant, do you plan on adding the bow tie into the icon as well, Shugo?
    I could. Would be excellent if somebody modeled that in for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 11Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,660 Posts
    I was gonna make a witty remark asking who would that person be, even though you linked the profile to the person, but holy shit, new profiles look awesome :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #437
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,221 Posts
    I was gonna make a witty remark asking who would that person be, even though you linked the profile to the person, but holy shit, new profiles look awesome :buddy:
    The link has a name instead of just some random numbers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,922 Posts
    New weapon icons uploaded to TFB. I'm not going to bother making a mega-huge post with a preview, so check them out here: http://tf2b.com/itemlist.php Hard-refresh the page to make sure they show up (if you go on TF2B often.)

Changes:
    All primary weapons redone.
    All secondary weapons redone.
    Some melee weapons were changed to have better angles (like the bonesaws).
    Spy watches redone.
    All weapons added in the Mann-Conomy Update are now done.

Tell me what you think.
    - Fists are ugly. Perhaps the gradient should be curved, to follow the shape of the cylindrical arms.
    - The watches look far better in the alternate style, with the watch face forward.
    - Ubersaw looks a little funky, as if it's leaning to the right.
    - I love the new Flare Gun.
    - Maybe rotate the Disguise Kit? It appears to be at a different angle from the other PDAs.
    - I love the new cans. And jar, now the urine obeys gravity.
    - Perhaps the Huntsman should be 'lying down,' like the Valve icon? It looks a bit too small here.
    - The old, droopy Gunslinger looked better, IMO.
    - Rotate the Holy Mackerel so that the fish's face is parallel to the ground. The fishy face is the best part, and this icon just takes that all away.
    - Your Eternal Reward and Bushwacka seem to be tilting to the right.
    - The Battalion's Backup looks too small. Maybe enlarge it, and fade out the antenna?
    - The left (left for Heavy) hand Glove of Running Urgently is tilting too far away from the right. Even the two up a little.
    - Black Box seems to be at a different angle from the rest.
    - Darwin's Danger Shield is too shiny (I know, not your fault) and looks odd. Maybe rotate 180 so the tail is in the back?
    - Sue me, but I like the style of the Dueling badges. Maybe the 119th Badges could look like that?

Edited:

About the Backup:

Valve's icon appears to have cut off some of the antenna, so you should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    April 2010
    637 Posts
    Guys, I just remembered a couple things I requested a long time ago. People started working on them but I never knew of/saw an end result.

I requested a longbow Huntsman and a punching flask for the Demoman. I saw WiP shots for both, but nothing after. Any idea what happened?

40. Post #440
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    16,198 Posts
    Guys, I just remembered a couple things I requested a long time ago. People started working on them but I never knew of/saw an end result.

I requested a longbow Huntsman and a punching flask for the Demoman. I saw WiP shots for both, but nothing after. Any idea what happened?
    Dunno. You'll have to tell us just who worked on them before we can do anything. Plus, not all models come to fruition, and custom models for the huntsman come out glitched and not working properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)