1. Post #641
    February 2010
    1,186 Posts
    this look pretty awesome IMO. can I ask you to put it together with this?

I would like to see my spy using both at the time ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,188 Posts

Change lolg:

New Icons:

[list]Short Stop[/list][list]Frying Pan, by Hecates[/list][list]Degreaser, by Hecates[/list][list]Powerjack, by Hecates[/list][list]Vita-Saw, by Idletard[/list][list]L'Etranger[/list][list]Your Eternal Reward[/list]
    Minor Changes:

[list]Fixed some weird transparent blobs on the Kamikaze (Soldier taunt kill) icon. They were hard to see but hard to not see once you'd seen them.[/list][list]The KGB icon now has thicker lines, which should make it look better as a beige icon on a brown background (shown when the kill didn't involve you)[/list][list]The Showdown (Heavy taunt kill) icon has had it's wrist cleaned up a little, and now has a muzzleflash, just like a real gun![/list][list]The Wrangler now appears to be emitting radiowaves than impact blasts.[/list][list]The fully golden Golden Wrench is now the standard icon, rather than the one with a non golden handle. I think it represents it better and just looks fancier. It also matches the preferred fully golden Holy Hand Grenade icon.[/list][list]Removed an errant pixel on the Huntsman arrow. Something that had been bothering me for a while.[/list][list]Added two alternative versions of the Degreaser, for those that prefer the original style of flamethrowers.[/list]

New Icons for Valve:

[list]Black Box, new full rocket launcher icon style[/list][list]Black Box, original rocket only rocket launcher icon style (I think it might be a bit silly though, tell me what you think)[/list][list]GRU (I'm sticking with orange, they are flames )[/list][list]JAG (I don't know what it is but if it ever gets implemented, it can't hurt to be prepared)[/list][list]Sydney Sleeper, original crosshair Sniper Rifle style[/list][list]Sydney Sleeper, new full Sniper Rifle style[/list][list]Bushwhacka[/list][list]Your Eternal Reward Fencing (Spy taunt kill)[/list][list]Your Eternal Reward backstab[/list]

I haven't yet submitted it to Valve because I have to work in those nice Wrangler icons Flip pl provided, so feel free to suggest any little tweaks you think need to be done (and of course, general bug reports). I'm very open to ideas about making the Blackbox rocket icon easier to distinguish from the original rocket icon.

Also, don't fear. I'm informed by my sources that the icon picker site is still slowly being worked on. One day those alternate icons will see use. RIGHT GALAGO?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 19Winner Winner x 17 (list)

3. Post #643
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    Sparkwire said you all love him
    Then he said that he loves me
    And that therefore you all love me
    If you like me rate me clocks
    If you hate me rate me hearts
    If you think Sparkwire is silly rate me winner
    I love democracy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Dumb x 7Late x 2Friendly x 2Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    7,354 Posts
    wow late by a page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,660 Posts
    Awesome it's out!!

6. Post #646
    May 2009
    953 Posts
    Could you please make a version of the KGB icon posed like the original? I like that perspective better, having the thumb in front looks strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    January 2006
    18,188 Posts
    Well, the original icon is exactly that. So why would I need to make one? If you want to remove it just find it's entry in mod_texures.txt and comment it out.
    The reason I reposed it like that is because that's how the Gunslinger was posed, and I preferred it.

Although honestly, thanks for reminding me. I'm going to do a GRU in that style for Valve, just in case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #648
    February 2010
    1,186 Posts
    Hey Neo! Good job on this script.
    Are you sending the icons I made to valve too? If you will, thanks in advance! ^^

Inacio:

" - Sparkwire said you all love him
    Then he said that he loves me (...)"
    <- SHE'S SPARKWIRE! O.O OMG!

Inacio and Sparkwire, sitting on a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G!
    (that's childish! I know XD)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

9. Post #649

April 2010
    3,460 Posts
    -Orgasmic things-
    I love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #650
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,766 Posts
    Now we just need Shugo's icon pack.

Then this will be the perfect emporium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Final poly count 1761
    Who wants to UV map this bastard?

Also, did anyone find out the polycount on the Ambassador model for me? I'd like to compare the two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #652
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    I told you I would do it Spark

i told you bro

dont mess with me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

13. Post #653
    January 2006
    18,188 Posts
    Hey Neo! Good job on this script.
    Are you sending the icons I made to valve too? If you will, thanks in advance! ^^
    That's the plan!
    Now we just need Shugo's icon pack.

Then this will be the perfect emporium.
    He needs a big fat attention grabbing promo too!

edit: Exclamation mark!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    7,354 Posts
    That's the plan!

He needs a big fat attention grabbing promo too!

edit: Exclamation mark!
    Like this!

We need to make this the ENTHUSIASM PAGE!

Make everything have a ! after it! Gogogo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    October 2008
    361 Posts
    Any chance next update you could include a killicon for this skin: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/77134
    Because I use the default Revolver, and like that skin because the reload animation DOESN'T TAKE UP HALF THE SCREEN FFFFFF

16. Post #656
    January 2006
    18,188 Posts
    Any chance next update you could include a killicon for this skin: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/77134
    Because I use the default Revolver, and like that skin because the reload animation DOESN'T TAKE UP HALF THE SCREEN FFFFFF
    I could, but I'm trying to hold off on making custom weapon killicons until my killicon picker site goes online. All 11 I've made so far have actually never been used. I plan on doing killicons for all of SVDLs weapons up on FPSB because they're rad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #657
    January 2009
    1,089 Posts
    The rocket version of the Black Box should have the hearts bolder, they're hard to see and therefore differentiate icons as they are.

18. Post #658
    October 2008
    361 Posts
    ^ Works for me.

19. Post #659
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,417 Posts
    Is it Neo's paid career to make Valve look lazy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8 (list)

20. Post #660
    October 2009
    9,342 Posts
    Is it Neo's paid career to make Valve look lazy?
    Yes. In hats! :science:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Final poly count 1761
    Who wants to UV map this bastard?

Also, did anyone find out the polycount on the Ambassador model for me? I'd like to compare the two.
    Just found out the polycount for the Ambassador... 9439

My revolver is 18.666~% of that.

:D

I am awesome.

EDIT: Noticed a mistake I made while modeling that my friend pointed out, fixed it just now and it only added 10 more polies. I'M STILL AWESOME!

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,088 Posts
    Im not too fond of the muzzleflash on the Showdown
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    this look pretty awesome IMO. can I ask you to put it together with this?

I would like to see my spy using both at the time ^^
    I'm not releasing it (unless this post gets 10 hearts). Valve will have to make the cig into a bodygroup and fix the facial animations. Currently the regular cig clips through the model and it doesn't move with facial expressions so it looks like the Luger viewmodel did on engie before the last patch.

How it currently looks ingame. Hearts for release disregarding flaws, palettes for "I like how it looks but don't release it, send it to Valve". Anything else for anything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 30Artistic Artistic x 17Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    June 2010
    1,216 Posts
    I'm not releasing it (unless this post gets 10 hearts). Valve will have to make the cig into a bodygroup and fix the facial animations. Currently the regular cig clips through the model and it doesn't move with facial expressions so it looks like the Luger viewmodel did on engie before the last patch.

How it currently looks ingame. Hearts for release disregarding flaws, palettes for "I like how it looks but don't release it, send it to Valve". Anything else for anything else.
    I rated hearts for now, but what should we vote if we want it to be a knife replacement?

25. Post #665
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    I rated hearts for now, but what should we vote if we want it to be a knife replacement?
    Vote "do it yourself".

Edit: may sound a bit harsh, I meant it as in "all my contributions to tf2 are open to edit, change, improvement upon, learning from, etc.".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    August 2010
    12,417 Posts
    Is there a kill icon for the Bushwacka?

Edited:

Nevermind, it's in the unused stuff.

27. Post #667
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    Just imagine if you sent it to Valve and they not only made it into a bodygroup but added it as a Misc.

A man can only dream. :frown:

28. Post #668
    February 2010
    1,186 Posts

You could solve it by making the original cigarette transparent and placing your's texture together with the model's sheet.

Edited:
    Also: > 10

29. Post #669
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    You could solve it by making the original cigarette transparent and placing your's texture together with the model's sheet.

Edited:
    Also: > 10
    What do you mean? If I make the original cig transparent it'll be gone entirely, I want mine to be a misc item that replaces it. Also it still won't make the Quellazaire correspond to facial movements.

And fine, I'll pack it up. Gotta send it to Valve first though, don't want random people from the internets stealing my work :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    839 Posts
    So, I'm thinking about getting into modelling and such.
    I'm gonna try something based on this for my first mod:

It's gonna be a flamethrower replacement obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,551 Posts
    Too small to justify a proper link or promo pic, but I just updated FrankenHUD with two bug fixes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

32. Post #672

April 2010
    3,460 Posts
    So, I'm thinking about getting into modelling and such.
    I'm gonna try something based on this for my first mod:

It's gonna be a flamethrower replacement obviously.
    this would be a really original idea (not about the lighter and the spray ) and if it was done well, it would be fucking awesome. The rigging wouldn't be that hard either

33. Post #673
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,141 Posts
    Yeah, didn't someone attempt a spray+match sort of flamethrower replacement before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

34. Post #674

April 2010
    3,460 Posts
    I'm sure many people had the idea, they just didn't have any experience with modeling to try it

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    839 Posts
    This is going to be my first attempt at modelling for anything other than a long time ago when modeled for Halo CE. I do have experience with modeling, just for a different game.
    I believe that Skunkrocker was going to do a hairspray and match/lighter flamethrower replacement a while back.

36. Post #676
    October 2009
    9,342 Posts
    Yeah, didn't someone attempt a spray+match sort of flamethrower replacement before?
    The Worms blow torch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #677
    October 2010
    114 Posts
    due to lack of tf2-related things here i will post more skins:

awful, i know...
    Don't shave demoman. This would be godly if he kept his beard.

38. Post #678
    August 2010
    12,417 Posts
    Don't shave demoman. This would be godly if he kept his beard.
    He's supposed to be The Soldier from Borderlands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    He's supposed to be The Soldier from Borderlands.
    No, he's supposed to be a bomb-lobbing black Scottish cyclops.

:colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)