1. Post #3841
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,820 Posts
    Valve (and the community) will not rest until the Soldier has a hat representative of every type of soldier there ever was.

Personally, I'd love to see a video of a round where both teams go all Soldier and all red Soldiers don a certain type of hat while all blue Soldiers don another type. SAMURAI ARMY VS. ROMAN ARMY
    Or we could have one team wear chieftans and the other wear this hat http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/81389 and then recreate the first thanksgiving, only with rocket launchers!     followed by the pilgrim team raping the chieftan team and taking their territories   

Edited:

Its kinda big for my ocnection (edge) so can you psot a few pics before please?
    Id rather not, this is a family friendly emporium so we need to think of the children, just google it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #3842
    May 2010
    1,418 Posts
    I would cry if that match took place...

btw, not a very good pageking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #3843
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,820 Posts
    I would cry if that match took place...

btw, not a very good pageking
    Oww, my pride :saddowns:

4. Post #3844
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,084 Posts
    Last request, i'll give anyone a free hat in TF2 if they make me the Dosh! sound mod for the minigun.

Final hopeeee.

:saddowns:

Oh look joshuas back to being stupid.
    It's on, Shugo.

5. Post #3845
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,660 Posts
    Valve (and the community) will not rest until the Soldier has a hat representative of every type of soldier there ever was.

Personally, I'd love to see a video of a round where both teams go all Soldier and all red Soldiers don a certain type of hat while all blue Soldiers don another type. SAMURAI ARMY VS. ROMAN ARMY
    I do like most of the Soldier hats, but he is just to spoiled when it comes to hats/weapons. He's got 11 unique items you can equip on him. He also is featured on 3 different Valve merchandise products. If you think about it, he even has more items then the most known character in the game (the Heavy). I would think that the Heavy would have the most items, since he is really the "main character" of TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3846
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,820 Posts
    I do like most of the Soldier hats, but he is just to spoiled when it comes to hats/weapons. He's got 11 unique items you can equip on him. He also is featured on 3 different Valve merchandise products. If you think about it, he even has more items then the most known character in the game (the Heavy). I would think that the Heavy would have the most items, since he is really the "main character" of TF2.
    Instead he gets his own covers of Lady gaga and Justin Bieber songs and to be the star of a poker game

7. Post #3847
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Last request, i'll give anyone a free hat in TF2 if they make me the Dosh! sound mod for the minigun.

Final hopeeee.

:saddowns:

Oh look joshuas back to being stupid.
    Alright, tell me how this works out for ya, sonny: http://www.mediafire.com/?5n9bbzb87ehz6d2

Edited:

Dammit, Nick, get back online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #3848
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,084 Posts
    SHOOT I JUST FINISHED MINE

http://filesmelt.com/dl/minigun_shoot.wav
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

9. Post #3849
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Shoooooot i just finished mine
    You snooze, you lose, bucko. :clint:
       Plus mine's better.   

10. Post #3850
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,084 Posts
    You snooze, you lose, bucko. :clint:
    :wrongful:

Edited:

Wait, I was mean to Shugo. I think I'm cursed now.
       You would agree with this   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3851
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,696 Posts

Redux of AyesDyef's Female Scout. Modelled some very small details in, extruded socks and the panties have a volume. Re-Uved it completly and created the diffuse from scratch. Normal map is created by using parts of the scout's normal. Head coming soon. I got inspired by the voice pack dusty is recording.
    Good luck have fun :P

PS: You shoulda asked me first, I guess I'll put my v2 aside for now :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

12. Post #3852

July 2009
    274 Posts
    i'm probably late as hell, but what happened to the default weapon skins

13. Post #3853
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    i'm probably late as hell, but what happened to the default weapon skins
    Press Ctrl+M
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #3854
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,321 Posts
    Turn on "Mask" under view.

E: Fuck off, Pilk, I was first! :argh:

E2: Your disagree doesn't disguise the truth! :argh: :argh:

E3: Shugo, show yourself! I know this clock wasn't here the last time I was here! :argh: :argh: :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late x 2Funny x 1Zing x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #3855

July 2009
    274 Posts
    oh ok
    thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

16. Post #3856
    February 2009
    693 Posts
    Good luck have fun :P

PS: You shoulda asked me first, I guess I'll put my v2 aside for now :P
    I planned to ask you when Im finished for a permission to release it. I didnt knew you was working on a V2. What did you plan to do different in your V2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

17. Post #3857
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Just a fun little project: I've been messing around with creating additional item sets since there are a lot of unused item set bonus effects in the attributes. I'd kind of like to see if Valve decides to make item sets out of existing items later on down the line. Would be interesting.

Here's one I just quickly made up using a couple Spy attributes and items I already had:

It's mad fun playing like this against bots. :buddy: I did exercise a small amount of cleverness in this set: I made it require the default knife but without actually listing it there; if I listed the default knife, then renamed knives wouldn't be eligible and vice versa. But you can't use Your Eternal Reward because the set bonus is all about disguising. Am I clever?

Edited:

Or wait...you can disguise with Your Eternal Reward on backstab. Guess I'm dumb. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3858
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Sounds like Fireproof suit from beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events

19. Post #3859
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Sounds like Fireproof suit from beta.
    Fireproof suit blocked igniting entirely and removed your revolver. Those attributes as well as the icon for it are still in the GCF, so it's easy to recreate that as an item, actually.

20. Post #3860
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Fireproof suit blocked igniting entirely and removed your revolver. Those attributes as well as the icon for it are still in the GCF, so it's easy to recreate that as an item, actually.
    I thought it gave you 90% blocking of fire? Oh well..

21. Post #3861
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    I thought it gave you 90% blocking of fire? Oh well..
    There were two versions. One of them blocked most fire damage and the other blocked igniting entirely. I liked the one that disabled igniting, personally; losing your revolver is a pretty huge con.

22. Post #3862
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    146 Posts
    Would you be willing to elaborate on how to mess with these attributes and bots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

23. Post #3863
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,158 Posts
    Trying to set up MetaMod and SourceMod for my server. Wow.. TCAdmin is incredibly sloooooooow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

24. Post #3864
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Would you be willing to elaborate on how to mess with these attributes and bots?
    It's pretty straight-forward. Just go through items_game and look at all the set-related entries. Take note that you have to attach the set relation to each item included in the set, so no one item can be included in multiple sets.

25. Post #3865
    June 2008
    5,275 Posts
    No offense to the author of the Roman Soldier hat, but the Soldier really doesn't need any more hats just yet...
    If you take away event and polycount hats, the Soldier, Demo, and Pyro all have the same amount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

26. Post #3866
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,787 Posts
    Just a fun little project: I've been messing around with creating additional item sets since there are a lot of unused item set bonus effects in the attributes. I'd kind of like to see if Valve decides to make item sets out of existing items later on down the line. Would be interesting.

Here's one I just quickly made up using a couple Spy attributes and items I already had:

It's mad fun playing like this against bots. :buddy: I did exercise a small amount of cleverness in this set: I made it require the default knife but without actually listing it there; if I listed the default knife, then renamed knives wouldn't be eligible and vice versa. But you can't use Your Eternal Reward because the set bonus is all about disguising. Am I clever?

Or wait...you can disguise with Your Eternal Reward on backstab. Guess I'm dumb. :saddowns:
    My hat goes off to you sir. Most Emporium projects i've seen are usually just visual and cosmetic projects, whereas you've been toying around with gameplay and functionality, which is pretty much the meat of any game.

Though your set's disadvantage could easily be circumvented via the Eternal Reward, having the default Knife required for the set to be complete is nothing less than a stroke of genius. Although if you could try a bit of Sourcery, why not try and make it so that instead of requiring the Knife to complete the set, having the Eternal Reward equipped will function as a "set-breaker", thus meaning that even with the Ambassador, Dead Ringer and Frenchman's Beret equipped, the set's bonus is nullified if you carry the Eternal Reward, thus meaning that if a different Knife unlock becomes available in the future, you can equip said New Knife and not be required to carry the basic Knife in order to complete the set.

I know it sounds very complex, but is it feasible?

Also, I know there's no way this could be used as a clientside mod, but if it were implemented via Valve's doing, or as a server mod, it'd probably count as being implemented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #3867
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,158 Posts
    Anyone who has used TCAdmin and/or SourceMOD and wouldn't mind helping me a bit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3868
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,284 Posts
    [XZ]*BaNkS: hi
    [CcC] NeoDement: lo
    [XZ]*BaNkS: Sell cap wiki? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #3869
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Another bug report

The charging meter for sticky launcher looks really off. I guess it's 4:3 problem.

30. Post #3870
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,773 Posts
    [XZ]*BaNkS: hi
    [CcC] NeoDement: lo
    [XZ]*BaNkS: Sell cap wiki? :D
    Oh god, it seems you will get spammed alot this month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3871
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,257 Posts
    One question Self-made things are trade'able?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3872
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,284 Posts
    nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #3873
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    Knuckles'
    D:<

It's actually the Japanese take on American cartoons.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what anime is.

I'm sure if the Capotain guy browses this thread he feels like shit now.
    But the Capotain guy is an asshat so nobody has to care about him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #3874
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    Guess what I found?

A scrapped Degreaser attribute! :aaaaa:

Charging... Poor bots don't even realize I'm there.

See ya, suckers!

Oh, what's that? You trying to get revenge for your friends?

:byewhore:

This is more fun than I can even describe. Unfortunately I can see how it's broken as fuck without some major cons. It seems Valve was also toying with attributes alongside it related to extending/shortening the flame's width and length. There's no current visual representation of those in the game, so while I was trying those out the flame looked the same but the physical effect was there. Extending my flame to 500% length was pretty fun.

My hat goes off to you sir. Most Emporium projects i've seen are usually just visual and cosmetic projects, whereas you've been toying around with gameplay and functionality, which is pretty much the meat of any game.

Though your set's disadvantage could easily be circumvented via the Eternal Reward, having the default Knife required for the set to be complete is nothing less than a stroke of genius. Although if you could try a bit of Sourcery, why not try and make it so that instead of requiring the Knife to complete the set, having the Eternal Reward equipped will function as a "set-breaker", thus meaning that even with the Ambassador, Dead Ringer and Frenchman's Beret equipped, the set's bonus is nullified if you carry the Eternal Reward, thus meaning that if a different Knife unlock becomes available in the future, you can equip said New Knife and not be required to carry the basic Knife in order to complete the set.

I know it sounds very complex, but is it feasible?

Also, I know there's no way this could be used as a clientside mod, but if it were implemented via Valve's doing, or as a server mod, it'd probably count as being implemented.
    Unfortunately, there's no currently implemented method of excluding certain items from the set's effect. I would like to include the regular knife into it, but as of now there are two knives in the game: the default grey one and the yellow renameable ones. I'd have to exclude one of those two in order to have it in the set. It was just an experiment set anyway; I was just making use of unused attributes and seeing how they worked. vv I've since reduced the disguise time addition to 2 seconds, by the way. Having four seconds added on to the disguise time is extremely difficult to deal with. And I've also found that Your Eternal Reward actually makes the set more difficult; being forced to use it with the Dead Ringer without the silent uncloak is a pretty big setback.

I did find, however, that I guess I can include one item into multiple sets. The item won't list the extra sets in its attributes, but the set itself will list the item as a requirement. Interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 13Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3875
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,546 Posts
    Cool shugo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #3876
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    I tried out the charged airblast a few days ago. You can send someone from one corner of granary to the top of the shipping containers on the other corner. Very very fun attribute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

37. Post #3877
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,181 Posts
    I tried out the charged airblast a few days ago. You can send someone from one corner of granary to the top of the shipping containers on the other corner. Very very fun attribute.
    It's too bad it's unfinished. I'd love to have some sort of visual cue or sound to go with it. But even if it had some sort of massive downside, it would probably end up being more annoying than Natascha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3878
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    It's too bad it's unfinished. I'd love to have some sort of visual cue or sound to go with it. But even if it had some sort of massive downside, it would probably end up being more annoying than Natascha.
    Yeah I wonder if it's possible to force a charge bar to show up on the HUD with some editing.

Edited:

Yeah I wonder if it's possible to force a charge bar to show up on the HUD with some editing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3879
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    I know it's the worst map in TF2. fyi, you're not the first one to say it. Do I care? Nope.

Again, you act as if I've committed some heinous crime by stating my opinion.
    I have to disagree there, Hoodoo is by far the worst map in TF2, followed by Egypt. I actually kind of like Watchtower.

I can't say I play Arena a lot but when I do it's one of my favorites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #3880
    January 2010
    719 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)