1. Post #1801
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,464 Posts
    Is there some kind of app that will make it so camera photos are automatically saved to a certain album while images I saved from the internet go to another album?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #1802
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,884 Posts
    Wait, I'm confused. So 5.0 is untethered now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Peru Show Events

3. Post #1803
    It will be soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1804
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,302 Posts
    Any way of running the newer OS versions on a ipod touch 2G..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

5. Post #1805
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1806
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,302 Posts
    Goddamned that sucks, i'm shit outta luck since they don't seem to make apps anymore for 4.1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

7. Post #1807
    Yep, I love it when app developers basically say "FUCK YOU" and pull that shit.

I mean if we were on iOS 6 I could understand it perhaps, but you don't cut out 4.x support right fucking now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1808
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,833 Posts
    Can't you spoof the version number
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1809
    Well if the app uses functions only available in iOS 5, there's no telling how the program will run on an older version.

Plus I don't see any tweaks to spoof that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1810
    I love Boobies
    December 2011
    326 Posts
    what about the 5.0 version? when is that getting released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #1811
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    No ETA, so probably right away...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

12. Post #1812
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,615 Posts
    So when the real jailbreak does come out how long will it be before i can install siri on my iphone 4 from cydia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #1813
    It is illegal to install Siri on any device other than a 4S due to having to have files from a 4S IPSW. Therefore, it will never be available by default on Cydia, and it's quite possible saurik will actively block any repo allowing it.

Installous is one thing because it goes after 3rd party apps, but this is messing with Apple's own shit, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want Apple flinging its lawyers at him.

14. Post #1814
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,075 Posts
    Well, jailbreaking in general is illegal, yet this thread exists.

There's a whole crapton of mods on Cydia that could be considered illegal.
    There are cydia apps that let 3G and 2G users enable Multitasking and Wallpapers, but by your definition those are also illegal. Yet they're still there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1815
    No, it was declared a couple of years back that jailbreaking is perfectly legal, although Apple is still free to try and stop you any way they want.

Those mods that enable Multitasking and Wallpapers are the programmer's own implementation of those features. For example, the multitasking in iOS 4 can be enabled on a 3G by changing one line in a plist. The files are already there, so it's easy to turn it on. They didn't copy files from another phone's firmware and redistribute them.

16. Post #1816
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    20,286 Posts
    Jailbreaking any device is becoming legal soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1817
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,345 Posts
    It is illegal to install Siri on any device other than a 4S due to having to have files from a 4S IPSW. Therefore, it will never be available by default on Cydia, and it's quite possible saurik will actively block any repo allowing it.

Installous is one thing because it goes after 3rd party apps, but this is messing with Apple's own shit, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want Apple flinging its lawyers at him.
    It is illegal for now. As soon as the decryption keys for the 4S firmware are found it's perfectly legal as everyone can download the firmware from Apple for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1818
    January 2009
    614 Posts
    Just inherited my dads 3GS. It's running the 5.0.1 firmware. From skimming through the last page it sounds like that version isn't modifiable yet, but could how long I might have to wait before it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #1819
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,345 Posts
    Just inherited my dads 3GS. It's running the 5.0.1 firmware. From skimming through the last page it sounds like that version isn't modifiable yet, but could how long I might have to wait before it is?
    http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #1820
    March 2011
    2,590 Posts
    Well, jailbreaking in general is illegal, yet this thread exists.

There's a whole crapton of mods on Cydia that could be considered illegal.
    There are cydia apps that let 3G and 2G users enable Multitasking and Wallpapers, but by your definition those are also illegal. Yet they're still there.
    you have no idea what you are talking about son
    i suggest you go read on jailbreaking
    muscle nerd could hack into the siri files but that would be clearly messing and and a violation of apple policies and apple can sue. whereas it isn't illegal to enable wallpapers and multitasking on older devices just because apple disabled them.

/facepalm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

21. Post #1821
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    522 Posts
    So uh, tried to reset my jailbroken Ipod second gen today using the option on the Ipod itself but now its stuck on a black screen switching between the apple logo and that skull, and it's not being detected by my computer at all, what's this all about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #1822
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,363 Posts
    I have an iTouch 4G running 5.0.1 tethered, can I "update" to untethered without losing anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events

23. Post #1823
    It depends on how pod2g's untether works.

A few have been able to update from tether to untether, but the vast majority require running on a normal copy of iOS (and honestly that's what I recommend).

24. Post #1824
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,075 Posts
    you have no idea what you are talking about son
    i suggest you go read on jailbreaking
    muscle nerd could hack into the siri files but that would be clearly messing and and a violation of apple policies and apple can sue. whereas it isn't illegal to enable wallpapers and multitasking on older devices just because apple disabled them.

/facepalm
    I know how jailbreaks work, but I could care less for the legality issues.

Sorry for not being a lawyer~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #1825
    April 2008
    98 Posts
    Yo, after Jailbreakinf and unlocking my iPhone, I put my sim card in and it just searches for a signal forever. Any ideas on a fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

26. Post #1826
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    20,286 Posts
    Trackmania Original coming to Cydia.. Could it be true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #1827
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,496 Posts
    snip

28. Post #1828
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So it doesn't seem like he updates the OP anymore. According to the blog LuaStoned posted a bit above on this page, 5.0.1 for 3gs is testing and working. How can i tell when they decide to release it? Is there some twitter page...Maybe an RSS page or something, even email, that i can subscribe to that will notify me when the next build is released? I jailbroke my itouch 2g like 3 years ago and recently got this 3gs iphone, I'd like to tinker with it.

29. Post #1829
    March 2011
    2,590 Posts
    So it doesn't seem like he updates the OP anymore. According to the blog LuaStoned posted a bit above on this page, 5.0.1 for 3gs is testing and working. How can i tell when they decide to release it? Is there some twitter page...Maybe an RSS page or something, even email, that i can subscribe to that will notify me when the next build is released? I jailbroke my itouch 2g like 3 years ago and recently got this 3gs iphone, I'd like to tinker with it.
    twitter.com/pod2g
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

30. Post #1830
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,464 Posts
    Can someone link a download to a jailbreak for ipod4g 5.0.1? That is, if there is one. never mind, I found it and I can't install it for some reason.

31. Post #1831
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,345 Posts
    Can someone link a download to a jailbreak for ipod4g 5.0.1? That is, if there is one. never mind, I found it and I can't install it for some reason.
    There is no untethered one yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

32. Post #1832
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,770 Posts
    Well, I ordered my 4S the other day. hopefully pod2g will have the untethered out soon. He's got the cache issue taken care of with the A5, and apparently with the help of Saurik, has figured out a good way to make the jailbreak stable. With further testing, I'd say we'll see it very soon. I'd give it about two weeks, assuming he doesn't (need to) do iPad 2 testing.

33. Post #1833
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,770 Posts
    Untethered 5.0.1 has been handed over to the Chronic team for release. Pod2g is now shifting focus to the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

34. Post #1834
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Any download links yet?

35. Post #1835
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,075 Posts
    Untethered 5.0.1 has been handed over to the Chronic team for release. Pod2g is now shifting focus to the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
    Finally! <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #1836
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,496 Posts
    YES

37. Post #1837
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,647 Posts
    Posting from my iPad2 :D merry Christmas everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1838
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    20,286 Posts
    Merry Christmas Dav0r
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1839
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    6,854 Posts
    No, it was declared a couple of years back that jailbreaking is perfectly legal, although Apple is still free to try and stop you any way they want.
    I find it really stupid that they only made the exception for iDevices and nothing else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

40. Post #1840
    Well, I've never seen anyone give a flying shit over the rooting of Android phones.

Plus that particular decision also made unlocking of all phones legal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)