December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    Awaiting Windows version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

2. Post #2002
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,044 Posts
    Ever since I upgraded to 5.0.1 and jailbroke it my device has been very sluggish; unlocking takes a few seconds, ipod controls will be unresponsive and memory is eaten up very quickly. Anyone else experienced this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2003
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    Also anyone who has a jailbroken iPhone, get FakeClockUp
    All it does is speeding all default iPhone animations up but for some reason it seems everything is responding a lot faster

4. Post #2004
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,386 Posts
    I swear i will throw my HTC against the wall once they release a jailbreak for the iPad 2 with iOS 5.
    It is time to come true on this promise, my friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2005
    $6(VAT) down the drain...
    March 2006
    587 Posts
    CLI tools for jailbreaking on Windows are out now.

Download them from here or use the link in the bottom of the latest post on http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ if you don't trust my link above (although they're exactly the same link). It says "The OS X version of the CLI" but Windows is also supported. It's the same file for both.

Anyway, download and unpack wherever you deem appropriate and navigate to that folder in a command prompt.

1. Once you're there make sure your device is unlocked (you can see the icons on your home screen) and then run "cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig"

2. A message about installing jailbreak will appear on the screen of your iphone or ipad. Just click install in the upper right corner. If it asks you for a password just leave the box empty and click on next or done in the upper right corner.

3. Then you run "cinject.exe -j payloads" from the command prompt and let it do it's work.

4. Eventually it'll tell you to run "cinject.exe -w" and enable the VPN option that's now appeared in the main settings menu. If it gives you some error about not being able to connect, don't worry about it, just wait a bit and eventually the device will restart.

If you typed out the "cinject.exe -w" command somewhere in the syslog that it dumps out you should spot the words ”pod2g is in da house!”

After the restart is finished you should be jailbroken and find Cydia somewhere on your homescreen.

I kept getting this error saying "FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (1266): got == sizeof(size) 1266" after step 3.
    I did a restore using the settings on my ipad (General > Reset > Reset All Settings) and then started over. This in itself wasn't enough though, I had to run the command from step 1 twice before it would accept the command from step 3 so maybe reset wasn't actually necessary. Anyway, keep at it and it'll probably work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #2006
    January 2009
    4,841 Posts
    I cant update my iPod to 5.0.1, everytime i plug it in, iTunes stops responding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #2007
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,044 Posts
    I cant update my iPod to 5.0.1, everytime i plug it in, iTunes stops responding.
    Yeah that happens. Just keep unplugging and replugging in and it will eventually work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

8. Post #2008
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,331 Posts
    Should I jailbreak my iPhone 4? I'm not entirely sure if it's still a safe thing to do, as I had software issues before due to jailbreaking a while ago. The only benefits I really see aren't that major now with iOS5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

9. Post #2009
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,044 Posts
    Depends, if there's nothing to gain then there's no point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

10. Post #2010
    January 2009
    4,841 Posts
    Okay, managed to update to 5.0.1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #2011
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,909 Posts
    Works now, thanks,

Edited:

Question, do I need to install winterboard or is that obsolete?
    Well, depends on if you want to theme stuff. As for me, I don't use it because it affects the way the text looks on the homescreen. Fixes exist, but none are quite right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #2012
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    I use it for a shitload of things, fakeoverclock, emulators, Win 95 emulator, tether WiFi...

13. Post #2013
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,331 Posts
    Any apps worth buying?

Edited:

Cydia ones, that is. I've got Parallax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

14. Post #2014
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Ever since I upgraded to 5.0.1 and jailbroke it my device has been very sluggish; unlocking takes a few seconds, ipod controls will be unresponsive and memory is eaten up very quickly. Anyone else experienced this?
    Yeah, my 3GS is definitely slower. Uninstalling Winterboard seems to have made it more responsive but it still takes a lot longer to unlock than it used to, very irritating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2015
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    bitesms duh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2016
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,909 Posts
    I'm really digging blurred NC. It gives a really nice look, even with default settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2017
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,327 Posts
    My favorite Cydia apps were always FiveIconDock and SBSettings. Both are extremely useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2018
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,016 Posts
    Are there any Cydia tweaks that can significantly make my iPod Touch 2G any faster?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

19. Post #2019
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    Are there any Cydia tweaks that can significantly make my iPod Touch 2G any faster?
    FakeOverClock
    It will enhance the animation speed, it actually makes the phone respond faster

20. Post #2020
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,016 Posts
    I've got that installed, but many things just hang for 3 or 4 seconds before doing anything, mainly opening folders and exiting apps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

21. Post #2021
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    Hm.. Lower the animation speed then

22. Post #2022
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,016 Posts
    I have it set to x 2.5

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,507 Posts
    Sorry to ask so many questions now I looked around a little but didn't find anything useful on google.

The new 5.0.1 untethered for A5 does it work for the iphone 4 aswell or is there a seperate version available for it? I'm also currently on ios 4 so if I just update with itunes will I get 5.0.1 or is there a newer version out?

24. Post #2024
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,508 Posts
    Sorry to ask so many questions now I looked around a little but didn't find anything useful on google.

The new 5.0.1 untethered for A5 does it work for the iphone 4 aswell or is there a seperate version available for it? I'm also currently on ios 4 so if I just update with itunes will I get 5.0.1 or is there a newer version out?
    You need the 5.0.1 untether for A4 devices, A5 is just for 4S/iPad2

And if you update it will update to 5.0.1 afaik.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

25. Post #2025
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,036 Posts
    Is anyone having trouble using SSH with their phone? I'm using Winscp, have the IP, root alpine and all that junk but it won't connect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2026
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,763 Posts
    "ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by..."

god damnit

Edited:

Nevermind!

27. Post #2027
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts

untethered for iphone 4 for iOS 5.01 is already out.
    update / restore to 5.0.1 asap as apple is rolling out 5.1 soon which will patch the vulnerbility.
    i recommend a restore to start a new / clean state if you backed up yuor stuff correctly.

Edited:

Is anyone having trouble using SSH with their phone? I'm using Winscp, have the IP, root alpine and all that junk but it won't connect
    Ssh-ing for? view files on computer? transfer files to and from?
    if so, i recommend using ifunbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

28. Post #2028
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,763 Posts
    My battery seems to be dying hell of a lot faster!

Might un-JB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2029
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,763 Posts
    Dropped 72% in 5 hours. I'm unjailbreaking once I get home...

Edited:

Rating dumb without explaining why. THANK YOU KIND SIR!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

30. Post #2030
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts

Edited:

must be some tweak you installed incorrectly or you installed to many tweaks such that it conflicted, or its your phone's battery experiencing problems. 9/10 of the people who complained to me jailbreaking sucks the battery life, had installed too many tweaks and it ate up ram and the themes ate battery too. only one person's battery was the real problem.

i have like 15 tweaks on my phone, excellent battery life, iphone 4, 5.01.
    do the usual battery saving tips and do some of the deeper research yourself.

31. Post #2031
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,763 Posts
    must be some tweak you installed incorrectly or you installed to many tweaks such that it conflicted, or its your phone's battery experiencing problems. 9/10 of the people who complained to me jailbreaking sucks the battery life, had installed too many tweaks and it ate up ram and the themes ate battery too. only one person's battery was the real problem.

i have like 15 tweaks on my phone, excellent battery life, iphone 4, 5.01.
    do the usual battery saving tips and do some of the deeper research yourself.
    Only two tweaks. LabelSlide and Five-Icon-Dock.
    And I know it's not a problem with my phone. It had a great battery life before the JB (or really as good as the 4S battery gets)

32. Post #2032
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,508 Posts

Edited:

did you install shittons of useless things? Because I drop to 72% after not charging my phone for 2-3 days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

33. Post #2033
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,677 Posts
    Hoorah!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #2034
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,213 Posts
    Hoorah!

For some reason most sources are loading slow on my iPad.. I did managed to install SNES HD and it really is the best thing ever if you got another iPod/iPhone

Because on your iPhone/iPod you install ControlPad and that will turn your device into the controller

Edited:

Also need some good Cydia apps for the iPad

35. Post #2035
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,036 Posts
    untethered for iphone 4 for iOS 5.01 is already out.
    update / restore to 5.0.1 asap as apple is rolling out 5.1 soon which will patch the vulnerbility.
    i recommend a restore to start a new / clean state if you backed up yuor stuff correctly.

Edited:

Ssh-ing for? view files on computer? transfer files to and from?
    if so, i recommend using ifunbox.
    Transferring, trying to get some themes and icons on. I've used Putty, Filezilla, and winscp. Still doesn't work.

36. Post #2036
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    Going To have to jailbreak when my warranty cuts out fucking parents
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #2037
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    Transferring, trying to get some themes and icons on. I've used Putty, Filezilla, and winscp. Still doesn't work.
    themes and icons? why not install from the device? i mean search for the themes in cydia and download it? am i missing something here?

have you installed afc2add? install the openssh sbsettings toggle and switch the toggle on too.

if just transferring files i don't see why ifunbox doesn't suffice. what i don't get is the themes part, unless you want to transfer the themes to your computer for some reason.

For some reason most sources are loading slow on my iPad.. I did managed to install SNES HD and it really is the best thing ever if you got another iPod/iPhone
    Because on your iPhone/iPod you install ControlPad and that will turn your device into the controller
    its cos the repos are still somewhat overloaded. 950k devices jailbroken within 3 days of mac jb release. i recommend action menu, sbsettings, multicleaner, cleverpin, foldercloser, ifile. just youtube "best tweaks for ipad "

Only two tweaks. LabelSlide and Five-Icon-Dock.
    And I know it's not a problem with my phone. It had a great battery life before the JB (or really as good as the 4S battery gets)
    something's amiss here. look back a few pages, i posted a long list of how to save battery life. 2 tweaks isn't enough to drain that much. i got 15 tweaks and it loses 2-3% per 9 hours.

38. Post #2038
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,036 Posts
    Some themes aren't on Cydia. Anyways, I just use iFile + Dropbox now but it's a huge hassle.

39. Post #2039
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    7,763 Posts
    something's amiss here. look back a few pages, i posted a long list of how to save battery life. 2 tweaks isn't enough to drain that much. i got 15 tweaks and it loses 2-3% per 9 hours.
    Looked back to pages 33-32, and still no trace of your magic tricks.

And the 4S battery being shit isn't exactly news.

40. Post #2040
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,677 Posts

Edited:

oshit is that free??

Edited:

It works great, but each rom i'm getting has banding almost on the screen..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events