1. Post #1681

July 2011
    580 Posts
    so there is no way of getting ios5 on ipod touch 2g?

bummer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #1682
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,907 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #1683
    It's still not a replacement for an untethered jailbreak. When you reboot it, you have no access to Mail, Safari, any app that uses Safari for its web engine, or any of your jailbreak apps/tweaks.

The only real reason to have it is if you need a jailbreak so bad that you'll settle on a tethered JB (and were dumb enough to upgrade from 4.3.3 without waiting for an untether). This way if your phone ever loses power you can start it back up in an emergency and use the phone/text functions.

You're better off staying on 4.3.3 untethered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #1684
    June 2008
    1,530 Posts
    Of course I updated the iPod i bought before even thinking about jailbreaking it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1685
    Is backgrounder ever going to get updated

I was so used to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

6. Post #1686
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    It's still not a replacement for an untethered jailbreak. When you reboot it, you have no access to Mail, Safari, any app that uses Safari for its web engine, or any of your jailbreak apps/tweaks.

The only real reason to have it is if you need a jailbreak so bad that you'll settle on a tethered JB (and were dumb enough to upgrade from 4.3.3 without waiting for an untether). This way if your phone ever loses power you can start it back up in an emergency and use the phone/text functions.

You're better off staying on 4.3.3 untethered.
    Agreed, +

The semi-tethered jailbreak is tempting but I suggest you guys ( that have an untethered jailbreak on previous iOSes ) wait for the untethered jailbreak to be released.

Unless you HAVE TO have the jailbreak on iOS 5.

It is getting mixed comments from users who did it without a problem to users who had to restore/getting errors/white screen/not responding.

Many useful/important apps/tweaks are still not updated/still buggy on iOS 5.

Wait a week or two or three and the untethered jailbreak will be out, and majority of the useful/popular tweaks and apps should be updated too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events

7. Post #1687
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    Oh how much i love all that white text going very fast in the Jailbreak process.
    ~h4cking~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #1688
    August 2007
    698 Posts
    Anyone knows how i can sync music with my iphone 4 ios 5 jailbroken? I can't use itunes because it will remove my apps.

EDIT:

NVM, just found out i can still sync music without losing apps :D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #1689
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    tips

the com you used to sync itunes to your phone crashed?

use ifunbox (connect and press the recover music and vid button) to extract your music and vids from your phone or pod. ifunbox can also be used as a thumbdrive (click on general storage)and also can be used to extract pictures out of the phone. Best of all, it does not need you to be jailbroken.

Sharepod also extracts songs out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1690
    Wow, Mint.com made their app compatible only with iOS5.

I hate that shit. I mean I know they don't give two shits about jailbreakers, but hat about people on devices that can't update to 5?

You don't an app latest OS exclusive, especially when it doesn't even have any features dependent specifically on iOS5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #1691
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    Wow, Mint.com made their app compatible only with iOS5.

I hate that shit. I mean I know they don't give two shits about jailbreakers, but hat about people on devices that can't update to 5?

You don't an app latest OS exclusive, especially when it doesn't even have any features dependent specifically on iOS5
    Alot of apps are going to be iOS 5+ only
    Some small Dutch apps already went to iOS 5 because there apps ran faster on that (???)

12. Post #1692
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,440 Posts
    I know this isn't about jailbreaking, but has anyone else seen this: http://twolivesleft.com/Codify/

[URL]

I'm not sure if it's as powerful as it lets on to be, but if it is I'm pretty amazed Apple allowed it through the App Store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1693
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    I know this isn't about jailbreaking, but has anyone else seen this: http://twolivesleft.com/Codify/

[URL]

I'm not sure if it's as powerful as it lets on to be, but if it is I'm pretty amazed Apple allowed it through the App Store.
    Still wish for an app to let me do my java assignments on the ipad or phone itself. Im using netbeans on computer now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events

14. Post #1694
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,969 Posts

Soon my friends. Soon.

Well, actually, not that soon, public release is still reported as far off.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...hone-dev-team/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1695
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    Any news on downgrading iOS5 to 4.3.3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #1696

August 2011
    306 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #1697
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,969 Posts
    It is, communication with the servers isn't as of yet though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #1698
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    It is, communication with the servers isn't as of yet though.
    It is now
    http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/10/siri-...nected-to.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #1699

20. Post #1700
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    Its going to take ages before they got a decent release of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #1701
    "TL;DR" is not an acceptable response to this post.
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    More to the point, it'll be quite a while before they do release it due to legal reasons since it uses the caches of an iPhone 4S.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1702
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,670 Posts
    More to the point, it'll be quite a while before they do release it due to legal reasons since it uses the caches of an iPhone 4S.
    It'll leak. It always does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1703
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    It'll leak. It always does.
    We could "possibly" get a leak if the testing was given to one too many people, but the only guaranteed way is to have a low level exploit found for the iP4S that will allow us to unlock the IPSW files and therefore be distributed freely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1704
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,108 Posts
    Does anyone know of/have a Cydia tweak that adds a seeking-bar to the little music thing on the lockscreen and the pop-up that can be opened anywhere?

There isn't a seeking bar, was disappointed when I realized there wasn't one :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #1705
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    6,160 Posts
    How do I jailbreak my iphone 3g 4.2.1? I just don't want to screw up so some help would be nice ^.^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1706
    May 2010
    2,112 Posts
    Hey guys, i'm about to pick up an iphone 4, but wanted to know, is there any reason i should pick up the iphone 4s? As far as i know it's only got a faster cpu, nothing exclusive to the 4s. And considering how long the 4 has been around i'm expecting to have an easier time jailbreaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

27. Post #1707
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,108 Posts
    How do I jailbreak my iphone 3g 4.2.1? I just don't want to screw up so some help would be nice ^.^
    If you're running 4.2.1 I'm pretty sure you can just use Jailbreak Me in Safari to jailbreak

Edited:

My bad, it says the latest supported is 4.0.1 - sorry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #1708
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    http://jailbrea.kr/

Hey guys, i'm about to pick up an iphone 4, but wanted to know, is there any reason i should pick up the iphone 4s? As far as i know it's only got a faster cpu, nothing exclusive to the 4s. And considering how long the 4 has been around i'm expecting to have an easier time jailbreaking.
    Currently there's no jailbreak for the iPhone4S, whereas you can still do a tethered JB for iOS5 iPhone4 devices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

29. Post #1709
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    Fuck. I just jailbroke my 3GS on iOS 5.0 for the fuck of it, and I rebooted to a screen with no apps - It seems the stashing process didn't create a symlink correctly and now I'm stuck with a fucked up phone, and now I have no Windows PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #1710
    I wish the various iOS hackers would quit saying "Oh we found an untether vulnerability for iOS 5 but it's nowhere near release, sorry!"

They should shut the hell up until it's actually ready for release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1711
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,358 Posts
    I wish the various iOS hackers would quit saying "Oh we found an untether vulnerability for iOS 5 but it's nowhere near release, sorry!"

Why? It's just a status report, nothing more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1712
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    They could at least tell us about when they would release it

33. Post #1713
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts

I disagree. Because no one has officially come forward and said "I'm working on it!", it's good to know who to follow for updates on its progress. I'd much rather know it's a week away, than finding out a day after it comes out from a blog site or whatever.

Even if it's no ETA, at least I know to follow Pod2G now for progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1714
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts

So you would rather having zero news on when is the next untether going to be released?
    You speak as if they owe you something, which they don't.
    They can charge for each jailbreak but they didn't.
    Be glad that they are informing us of their progress.

What I hate, on the other hand is hundreds of people constantly bugging them with "when is it coming out???!) when they obviously said no ETA yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1715
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,999 Posts
    Can somebody tell me how to get out of DFU mode?

I pressed restore on iTunes and now it's stuck in DFU mode

I am not good with apple pls help

I cannot use TinyUmbrella either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1716
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    Can somebody tell me how to get out of DFU mode?

I pressed restore on iTunes and now it's stuck in DFU mode

I am not good with apple pls help

I cannot use TinyUmbrella either.
    If it is turned on but you just see a black screen hold both power and home button for about 6-7 seconds and then release the power button

37. Post #1717
    October 2010
    1,525 Posts
    I forgot how itunes applies the updates so could someone clarify this for me:
    Will itunes update my phone straight to ios 5.0.1 or just to 5.0 (and then to 5.0.1 during the next updating process)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

38. Post #1718
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    I forgot how itunes applies the updates so could someone clarify this for me:
    Will itunes update my phone straight to ios 5.0.1 or just to 5.0 (and then to 5.0.1 during the next updating process)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #1719
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,999 Posts
    If it is turned on but you just see a black screen hold both power and home button for about 6-7 seconds and then release the power button
    It's giving me the screen that says plug into computer with the cable and itunes logo, I have done that and tried fixing it through several methods but it doesn't work.

It's a 3G

40. Post #1720
    January 2008
    720 Posts
    Is there anyway to downgrade an iPhone 4 with 5.0 to 4.3.3 without SHSH blobs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)