1. Post #41
    September 2009
    541 Posts
    Looking good as usual, themaw :)

EDIT: Also, I was the first to download your boxmen addon.. I happened to see it be posted :)

2. Post #42
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Lol that boxmen addon is awesome xDD i tested it and i like it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

3. Post #43
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Being shot down by planetary turrets :(

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Awesome gamemode Maw!

I have to admit that you do seem to make some pretty cool stuff.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    That planet don't like your kind round those parts, Maw, best make your peace while your ship is still IN one piece :). I've got a question though, ever considered physical projectile weapons, ala X3? I've always wanted to touch on that, but I can't figure out a good formula for both ship turning and accurate firing of a physical turret weapon.

6. Post #46
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    Wow. That looks awesome. I'll definently give it a go.

7. Post #47
    April 2007
    217 Posts
    That planet don't like your kind round those parts, Maw, best make your peace while your ship is still IN one piece :). I've got a question though, ever considered physical projectile weapons, ala X3? I've always wanted to touch on that, but I can't figure out a good formula for both ship turning and accurate firing of a physical turret weapon.
    Here, I used this in my old Deep space exploration gamemode (more known as Cosmos).
    // targetEnt( Entity ), self ( Entity ), projectileSpeed ( Int )
    	velDir = targetEnt:GetVelocity():Normalize()
    	local dist = self:GetPos():Distance(targetEnt:GetPos())
    	local Mul = dist/projectileSpeed
    	return (targetEnt:GetPos() + velDir*Mul)

You might need to play around with the multiplier though, if your projectile speed isnt in units/seconds.
    Of course this can't predict more than a straight linear movement, but thats the whole point of dodging, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    Yeah, I prefer taking the hits and letting my repair device just tank it all for me. Much thanks, Benny, I'll be sure to check it out sometime.

9. Post #49
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Woah that is awesome planets shooting you if you are nearby :D
    Or some of them i think

10. Post #50
    July 2010
    2,578 Posts
    Woah that is awesome planets shooting you if you are nearby :D
    Or some of them i think
    No, the turrets on the planets shoot you if you're unfriendly to them and close up.

11. Post #51
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts
    How long would it take to reach the skybox?

12. Post #52
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    How long would it take to reach the skybox?
    a long long long long loooong time with the first ship like the ships are the huge as a citizens shoe or somehting like that so the map is super huge if u wanted to know that

13. Post #53
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Added a cool sunflare sprite on the sun.

I also decreased the brightness of the nebulas abit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Nice work themaw and jagger.

It was a joke lol'd.

15. Post #55
    September 2009
    541 Posts
    Impressive... as always ;)

16. Post #56
    You misspelled sequel in the first 2 lines of the op.
    Game-mode looks awesome though.

17. Post #57
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    You misspelled sequel in the first 2 lines of the op.
    o.O? Damn. >_<

18. Post #58
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Haha :D

19. Post #59
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Working on some more asteroid models, but heres a taste for you people :)

o.o

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    You know, when you are focused on a window, you can use alt+printscreen and it will only capture that window instead of the whole screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    You know, when you are focused on a window, you can use alt+printscreen and it will only capture that window instead of the whole screen.
    Oh. o.o

22. Post #62
    June 2010
    1,536 Posts
    Oh. o.o
    I lold, Nice gamemode.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,452 Posts
    What happened to the first one anyway?

24. Post #64
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Kewl asteroid going on :P

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    I've got a question, how do you position your camera? Sunrise always had some form of control over the camera's position, so I'm wondering.

Do you just spectate the ship itself, or do you get in, and spectate an outside entity that's always in one position relative to the ship, either behind it or freelooking, and the mouse wheel (MW_DOWN and UP I think...maybe something else) controls it's positioning? I must know!

26. Post #66

August 2009
    27 Posts
    I've got a question, how do you position your camera? Sunrise always had some form of control over the camera's position, so I'm wondering.

Do you just spectate the ship itself, or do you get in, and spectate an outside entity that's always in one position relative to the ship, either behind it or freelooking, and the mouse wheel (MW_DOWN and UP I think...maybe something else) controls it's positioning? I must know!
    Well, I'm unsure on how the technicalities of it work, but normally you move your mouse to move the camera around the ship. If you want to move the ship in the direction you are pointing, hold right click.

Its a simple and comfortable system.

27. Post #67
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts

I use the function GAMEMODE:CalcView() [Insert link and description]

Anyways, I found that you can make some very sweet photoes and banners using just the planets and the sun.

Take a look at mine :3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    Think a space station somewhere in the background in between the 2 planets would be nice or a ship or something.

29. Post #69
    Any possible time window for when the game-mode will be ready for play?

30. Post #70
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Anyways, I found that you can make some very sweet photoes and banners using just the planets and the sun.
    Well you are right maw those pics are awesome ;D

31. Post #71
    A living example of an OCD programmer
    June 2009
    3,653 Posts
    Looks aweeeesome !

32. Post #72
    September 2010
    31 Posts
    sins of a gmod empire?

33. Post #73
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Jagger has been VAC Banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Jagger has been VAC Banned.
    And who is this Jagger ?

35. Post #75
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    And who is this Jagger ?
    One of my developers, who does some lua coding.

Started modelling more ships.

I let you people decide the name of the ships.

Edited:

Just added glow dots on the ships ;P

Theres 4 dots on that ship at the moment. (Located around the engine if you fail to see them)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    345 Posts
    I like the 4 flares they look nice around the engine gives it more detail.

37. Post #77
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Obsidian?
    Numara?

38. Post #78
    Obsidian?
    Numara?
    Sounds like a name for a larger ship IMHO.

39. Post #79
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Awgh poor jagger :<
    But hey your ships looks greate and thats a good thing :D'

Oh yeah i had a weird name on my head for a ship "The Oblirerator" dno where did that came from
    And 1 more thing! in the other devinity gamemode what were like few months later on it had a little annoying bug that when the ship shooted something like lazor and shit the effect didnt follow the ship it just stayed on the position where it was so Maw you know how to fix dat ? or is it just going to be dat :P

40. Post #80
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Awgh poor jagger :<
    But hey your ships looks greate and thats a good thing :D'

Oh yeah i had a weird name on my head for a ship "The Oblirerator" dno where did that came from
    And 1 more thing! in the other devinity gamemode what were like few months later on it had a little annoying bug that when the ship shooted something like lazor and shit the effect didnt follow the ship it just stayed on the position where it was so Maw you know how to fix dat ? or is it just going to be dat :P
    It's an easy fix. It will not happen in Devinity 2.