1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,128 Posts
    why would that matter
    Because if they don't shrink it down than that means that they will allow maps to be larger.

2. Post #242
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    Leaks of minor things:
    http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news...scom-by-valve/
    http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news...-6vs6-matches/

First one details an invite, which mentions minor details about the event; 2nd one shows an example of a Dota 2 server, including 6v6 action.

Some of the most interesting stuff from the first being:
    The Event will be held on-site at Gamescon in the Cologne Trade Fair Center. Valve has secured a large booth on the Gamescon show floor for the Event. We will need you to be present in Cologne from at least August 16th to 22nd, to prepare for and participate in the Event.
    So this certainly isn't going to be a modest showing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,190 Posts
    it's not 6v6, it's most likely spectators.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #244
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,236 Posts
    Why is Icefrog afraid to give out his name?
    Stalkers.

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,128 Posts
    Why is Icefrog afraid to give out his name?
    His name is David Him. So I heard. That or Abdul Ismail.

6. Post #246
    June 2011
    281 Posts
    His name is David Him. So I heard. That or Abdul Ismail.
    David Him?

Hmm...

That doesn't sound familiar at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    iirc it's Abdul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

9. Post #249
    Working SourceTV demos.
    Make it happen VALVe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,212 Posts
    John Patrick Lowrie (voice of the sniper) is voice acting in this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts
    John St. John (Duke Nukem, man himself) is as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    John St. John (Duke Nukem, man himself) is as well.
    This will be good. Now, to find out what a "dota" is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I hope it kind of has the same layout as LoL, but it will be better because it is Dota.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    Maybe when this is released WC3 multiplayer will be less shit.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,476 Posts
    Yup. Here's a podcast where he talks about it a little (around 34 minutes in). He does a quick example of two of the seven characters he plays and mentions that it's likely to come out in the fall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

16. Post #256
    June 2011
    2,913 Posts
    Im very excited about the graphics and the new effects they've added in, like global lighting and cloth simulation :)

17. Post #257
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    13,233 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    Holy crap yes I can run it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,190 Posts
    it doesn't take much to run alien swarm

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,128 Posts
    Pretty insane how a 2005 or 2006 gaming rig could run this. Valve is doing a great job with keeping the specs down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    it doesn't take much to run alien swarm
    My computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, yet it can run Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 with only minor graphical issues (mainly water). I love Vavle's optimization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #262
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,938 Posts
    My computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, yet it can run Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 with only minor graphical issues (mainly water). I love Vavle's optimization.
    I love Valve's Optimization better.
    Really they are amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    August 2009
    1,514 Posts
    really looking forward to the showing, Heroes of Newerth's starting to have a lot of problems lately.

24. Post #264
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    I thought it was well-known that a lot of Valve games have awful, awful optimization if you don't have an excellent CPU.
    Like how TF2 and L4D1/2 had all of that trouble with multicore rendering, and how Alien Swarm actually asked for a bit more than its system requirements..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

25. Post #265

June 2010
    16 Posts
    I thought it was well-known that a lot of Valve games have awful, awful optimization if you don't have an excellent CPU.
    Like how TF2 and L4D1/2 had all of that trouble with multicore rendering, and how Alien Swarm actually asked for a bit more than its system requirements..
    What. Ive been running a simple core duo for the last few years and have had NOT one CPU related issue.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    I have a pentium 4 and I can run all Valve games. I'm pretty sure it's a single core.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

27. Post #267
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    No, I've had friends who had 2.4ghz Quad cores and a 9800GT and they're forced to run TF2 at like 20 - 30s fps. Multicore rendering use to be bugged for a lot of people; there were loads of complaints on and off SPUF about people with excellent rigs getting fps in the 30s, 20s, or teens with multicore rendering on.
    On my old computer, I use to have massive framerate drops into the 20s and 30s during regular firefights in TF2 on my 2.2ghz Intel Pentium Dual Core (basically a C2D with less cache) and radeon 4670. My Phenom 1055T runs all the Source games fine though, personally.

EDIT: He's a perfect example, just one out of a thousand though
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=23450816
    Without deactivating the use of a core, he gets 10fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,128 Posts
    I have dual core at 3 ghz and get perfect fps.

29. Post #269
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    I have dual core at 3 ghz and get perfect fps.
    It's also well-known that Source favors clock speed over core number.
    EDIT:
    Come to think of it it's more that Source has a very bugged and fickle way of handling processors, not necessarily that it's lousy optimization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,129 Posts
    It's also well-known that Source favors clock speed over core number.
    EDIT:
    Come to think of it it's more that Source has a very bugged and fickle way of handling processors, not necessarily that it's lousy optimization.
    So, you are saying that by having a bad processor, I actually avoided performance issues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    July 2010
    4,813 Posts
    So, you are saying that by having a bad processor, I actually avoided performance issues?
    Pretty much, yeah.
    It's the way Source is programed to use the CPU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #272
    There will also be a new Source Engine feature with DOTA 2 called "Cloth Simulation"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,190 Posts
    There will also be a new Source Engine feature with DOTA 2 called "Cloth Simulation"
    isn't that basically what nexon used for vindictus?

34. Post #274
    February 2009
    22,707 Posts
    Is dota2 going to be a remake or completely new dota?

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,615 Posts
    I'd imagine remake with new levels.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    Stats will be about the same as they were in the WC3 mod with some minor tweaks

37. Post #277
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,592 Posts
    I can't wait for this game to be released so they can start working more on Episode Three.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,190 Posts
    I'd imagine remake with new levels.
    new levels lol.

it's going to be exactly the same as dota with the exception of hero balancing and the engine.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    937 Posts
    2.5 GB of space
    Portal 2 hard drive space requirement: 7.6 GB
    Actual space used by it on my hard drive: 9.9 GB
    I do not trust Valve when it comes to system requirements...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    475 Posts
    THIS FALL OMGOMGOMGOMG this is gonna be a expensive fall

ALL THOSE NEW GAMES OMGOMG MUST HAVE

MW3
    BF3
    DOTA 2 if fall is true
    Maybe Saints row 3
    More gaims`?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)