1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,626 Posts
    I'm confused. I jumped about episodes rather than watching through seasons.

An episode from season 2 is exactly the same as one of the newer ones to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #562
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    im going to still watch it but i agree its gone way downhill, wouldn't mind if it was cancelled after this season
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,991 Posts
    It's been two episodes and everyone's going "oh its bad now"

Jesus guys

It's two episodes. TWO EPISODES.

remember when everyone complained about the two Chang-centric episodes? guess what came after that? Remedial Chaos Theory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,192 Posts
    Yeah I honestly did not feel this episode at all. Not gonna give up on the show or anything but it's pretty disappointing, especially considering they had to step it up after their near-cancellation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #565
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,951 Posts
    I'm confused. I jumped about episodes rather than watching through seasons.

An episode from season 2 is exactly the same as one of the newer ones to me.
    Yeah, the new director is pretty bad, but seriously guys, two fucking episodes which, after watching a bunch of older ones, the characters are not that different. Hell, wasn't the point of this episode to make fun of characterization?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #566
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    I liked the second one a lot. The first one was pretty bad, but the second one really emphasized on Jeff's anxiety problems and Troy/Abed's friendship, it was good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #567
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts

Jesus guys

remember when everyone complained about the two Chang-centric episodes? guess what came after that? Remedial Chaos Theory.
    i thought the chang episodes were bad and i thought remedial chaos theory was bad
    i think the last 10 or so episodes were bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,991 Posts
    i thought the chang episodes were bad and i thought remedial chaos theory was bad
    i think the last 10 or so episodes were bad
    in other words you think season 3 is bad

cause there's only 12 episodes

I really liked episode 12. I think it explored what really happens when you have friendships like the one Troy and Abed do. Most shows would just keep them in this pop culture wonderland, but I think only Community has the balls to show what really happens in those relationships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #569
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    not only is there drama on literally every tv show (otherwise why would you watch?) but also none of this was very realistic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    My one problem with these newer episodes is that they feel so cramped.

The good episodes are usually the ones where they sit in a room and talk for a big portion of the episode. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #571
    September 2009
    1,427 Posts
    i thought remedial chaos theory was bad
    I don't understand, I've watched that episode like 6 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #572
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts

Jesus guys

remedial chaos theory was a bad episode too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    What's with the hate? The 1st episode back wasn't as good as Community usually is but it was ten times better than most comedy's on television still. I thought the 2nd episode was brilliant, laughed a lot at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

14. Post #574
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    What's with the hate?
    what does that even mean
    if somethings bad i aint gonna like it now am i
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    what does that even mean
    if somethings bad i aint gonna like it now am i
    Yeah but I don't get why it is bad, just seems like same ole Community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #576
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    It definitely is not the same old Community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    i dont see why people need to get so defensive over it
    not everyone's going to like every episode

im still going to watch the show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    Same, I can admit that the wedding episode wasn't the best episode, but I really liked the newest one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #579
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    If you had to pick one clip to get someone hooked into the show what would it be?

I'm trying to get a friend to check it out but he's a being a stubborn bitch about it and I'm drawing blanks on any one scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #580
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,367 Posts
    If you had to pick one clip to get someone hooked into the show what would it be?

I'm trying to get a friend to check it out but he's a being a stubborn bitch about it and I'm drawing blanks on any one scene.
    La Biblioteca?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts

I don't even care who wins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    267 Posts

These are a few of my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ZcDShqCl0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziw3nHCHEJw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfdTnpV03p8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUgOQvRy_ss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBzQjeYxOU

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    The 1st episode that came out after the break was pretty meh-ish, but decent nontheless.
    The one that recently came out was just another episode of community (a good one at that) , I don't know why you guys are complaining.

inb4 rusty says the ones that liked these two episodes have no standards or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Peru Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    The 1st episode that came out after the break was pretty meh-ish, but decent nontheless. The one that recently came out was just another episode of community (a good one at that) , I don't know why you guys are complaining. inb4 rusty says the ones that liked these two episodes have no standards or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    New one was better than the previous two. Really liked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #586
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Shits getting tense between Abed and Troy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    this was a good episode
    miles better than the last 2
    was it a different director?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    this was a good episode
    miles better than the last 2
    was it a different director?
    Yup, different director and writer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,991 Posts
    This episode was awesome.

I read 1984, but it was a long time ago,    so I'm presuming the Subway-Britta storyline is either a 1984 parody or a deconstruction of product placement stuff. (I really cracked when she yelled "SUBWAY, I LOVE YOU!")   

Also,    the Pillows vs Blankets shit is gonna get tense, I really wanna know what exactly they will be parodying with this situation- since first paintball was war movies, second was westerns and star wars, what will this one be? (cause this is pretty much this season's paintball episode)   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    This episode was awesome.

I read 1984, but it was a long time ago,    so I'm presuming the Subway-Britta storyline is either a 1984 parody or a deconstruction of product placement stuff. (I really cracked when she yelled "SUBWAY, I LOVE YOU!")   

Also,    the Pillows vs Blankets shit is gonna get tense, I really wanna know what exactly they will be parodying with this situation- since first paintball was war movies, second was westerns and star wars, what will this one be? (cause this is pretty much this season's paintball episode)   
    really? they still have like 8 episodes to go until the finale, I don't see them building this up for 8 episodes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Peru Show Events

31. Post #591
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,367 Posts
    really? they still have like 8 episodes to go until the finale, I don't see them building this up for 8 episodes
    They aren't. Maybe there's going to be 2 two-parters in this season?

Edited:

Oh, and the director was one of the members of Derrick Comedy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,037 Posts
    Great episode. I really didn't like last week's episode for the most part. And the one before was good, but didn't really feel like Community. This was a real return to form though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,801 Posts
    Episode was p good, better than the previous ones anyway though I predicted who Kim was the moment I saw the guy, also shits gonna be intense in the next episode with Troy and Abed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,991 Posts
    I'm going to bet the    pillow vs blankets war is going to be a war movie parody   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,705 Posts
    @dodgerthoughts: Thursday's #Community gets a 1.7 rating in 18-49 against a new Big Bang. Top NBC show for the night again. Get ready for season 4.

I'm excited for Season 4. Hopefully it'll get back on form (I still think it's a great show though)

Also there's a huge reason 3 is the way it is, Harmon went through a huge breakup with his girlfriend and got very depressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    @dodgerthoughts: Thursday's #Community gets a 1.7 rating in 18-49 against a new Big Bang. Top NBC show for the night again. Get ready for season 4.

I'm excited for Season 4. Hopefully it'll get back on form (I still think it's a great show though)

Also there's a huge reason 3 is the way it is, Harmon went through a huge breakup with his girlfriend and got very depressed.
    I don't see a massive change from the previous seasons in terms of how "dark" it is or whatever, it's pretty much the same. Maybe I should watch it again, who knows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Peru Show Events

37. Post #597
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts

Season 4 ? WOO! I knew they wouldn't let it die.

38. Post #598
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    Was just about to post that. So sad this is happening. Although both of them are meant to be dickheads sort of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

40. Post #600
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    I believe the actors are signed on for 4 seasons, so Chevy doesn't really have much of a choice if that's true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events