Staring at you"
    Sweet Deans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,070 Posts
    Sweet Deans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    shit i didn't expect a really good episode at this rate but was i wrong

Edited:

speaks for itself
    the score actually fell to around the same as the others
    not sure why though, this episode was great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #684
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    Man why can people on Facepunch never just enjoy TV shows?
    Seriously, all anyone does on here is talk about "the good old days" when everything was supposedly so much better.
    With shows like Dexter where the quality did drop significantly it's perfectly understandable, but let's face it, not much has changed with Community. Sure a bit more drama has seeped in, but the humour style is the same and it's still perfectly entertaining.
    This half of the season got off to a rocky start with two episodes that didn't really feel "right", but the few after that have been perfectly fine Community episodes.
    this recent episode is exactly why I've been critical of the show in the past
    I liked the latest one a lot, and it really shows that community can stand up to a higher standard
    it makes the previous few episodes look pretty shallow in comparison
    it's healthy to be able to recognize and criticize the show when its not so good, and praise it when it really delivers, like this latest one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    I've noticed something about the good episodes vs. the worse episodes.
    The good episodes generally actually have something to do with the community college theme. It was a good idea and it worked well in the early seasons but then they tried to get away from it which kinda defeats the point of the show. This is the first episode in a long, long time that actually really used that theme again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #686
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Dan Harmon is a fat faggot that doesn't realize the show is 100 times worse when shitty side characters get more screen time then Chevy Chase
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    Dan Harmon is a fat faggot that doesn't realize the show is 100 times worse when shitty side characters get more screen time then Chevy Chase
    totally yeah true!! he must be OBESE if he thinks that!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 4 (list)

8. Post #688
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    chevy is boring anyway, he's only there to please the children who watch it, with his fart jokes and penis jokes. he's sometimes funny but he's there for younger audiences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,235 Posts
    Who talks like this? Why would you just call him a FAT FAGGOT?

10. Post #690
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    totally yeah true!! he must be OBESE if he thinks that!!!
    And gay! Don't forget gay!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

11. Post #691
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,353 Posts
    chevy chase is good in the show and hes sort of right about the show although being very childish in his tantrum displays
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #692
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    Pierce Hawthorne in real life:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    That was a very... depressing.. episode.     can't believe they got expelled from greendale, and I guess Starburns really is dead.    Lots of twists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #694
    April 2010
    1,953 Posts
    Good to see Chang in an antagonist role again. Haven't had that since season 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,235 Posts
    Chang works best when he's intimidating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    Just started watching this show. Love the paintball and zombie episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,806 Posts
    That was a really odd episode, I'm not quite sure what to make of it really.

I think its quality will really depend on how the next few episodes go, it seems that the remaining ones might all tie in together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,047 Posts
    Interesting episode. Although I'm not sure if this more serious direction is going to pay off or not. Loved the tag though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,235 Posts
    I feel so bad for people just popping in to watch it like it was a Sitcom, they wouldn't understand anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #700
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,733 Posts
    So I know I'm super late but I've been working my way through Season 2

I thought the zombie episode was brilliant. Then I got to the trampolene episode. Then I got to the episode about Troy's bday, which was a nice feel-good-but-still-funny break from the previous two. And then I just finished watching the christmas episode.

Which was probably THE most brilliant piece of television I've ever seen. Seriously, hilarious. And very clever in writing/plot on that episode.

Also the thing about community is that you can pop it in and watch it like a sitcom, as each episode is self-contained in plot (at least so far, not sure about season 3 as I don't have cable). But it (unlike other sitcoms) is still a continuous story so you might not understand why (for example in season 2) pierce is in a wheelchair without seeing the episode where he broke his legs. Or why certain characters act or say things to others in reference to a past event, or who certain characters are. I find it's pretty easy to follow just jumping in, but you just miss out a lot of the background unless you watch it from the start.

Edited:

the score actually fell to around the same as the others
    not sure why though, this episode was great
    That website is really stupid actually, because it has the same rating mentality that user reviews on metacritic have

If you look, 70% of season 2 is rated the same way, despite being head over heels fucking amazing (so far) compaired to season 1 (I just got done with the xmas episode). Moral of the story, when you get a mass of people giving an episode 1/10 because "CLAYMATION IS STUPID AND FOR KIDS!!" you realize half the userbase for this website is a retard and really isn't the type of "intelligent" audience that Community appeals to the most. Not that there's a high level of intelligence required to like this show, but I'd say it caters to the educated individual more than the uneducated one, writing and thematic wise. If you're the type of person who is too dense to get references, or too out of touch of the various topics the show frequently discusses, you're not going to "get" it as much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #701
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    This was a very... dark episode. Once again.

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,106 Posts
    Well it's gotten renewed for a 4th season.
    But of 13 episodes. Sort of strange since it was like 4 episodes shy of syndication.
    Maybe they will see how the new NBC lineup goes and extend it. Hopefully they will do the same for Parks & Recreation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,070 Posts
    That was... amazing. No, seriously, that episode was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #704
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,738 Posts
    Well it's gotten renewed for a 4th season.
    But of 13 episodes. Sort of strange since it was like 4 episodes shy of syndication.
    Maybe they will see how the new NBC lineup goes and extend it. Hopefully they will do the same for Parks & Recreation
    The struggling Peacock network is taking a new direction with its primetime lineup, and that means cleaning house. Until this week, the once-dominant network had been suspiciously mum on its plans for next season. That all changed with a giant info dump from NBC execs which included the fates of veteran sitcoms “30 Rock,” “Community” and “Parks and Recreation.”

All three critical darlings will be given abbreviated “send off” seasons followed by immediate termination.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/enter...rks-recreation

25. Post #705
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    oh, well there goes the only tv series i have ever enjoyed. fuck you nbc

wait wait, they're getting rid of awesome shows that people watch a lot to replace them with a bunch of new shows who they dont even fucking know if anybody will watch? i dont understand.

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,106 Posts
    That article is from 3 days ago and Community got renewed yesterday and they didn't say anything about a final season.
    The only show so far that is going into it's final season is 30 rock.
    Community and Parks & Rec are too critically acclaimed to cancel I think, considering most other things on the channel do far worse in ratings and acclaim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #707
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    4,057 Posts
    I miss the Season 1 Community, where it was all jokes and they didn't try to push the show in a darker, more dramatic direction.

Lots of really good shows die out by changing their formula.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    Season 2 was the best.
    But yes, many good sitcoms shows turn bad when they forget they're supposed to be funny and try to be dramatic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #709
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,558 Posts
    the chang flashback part was absolutely hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #710
    ?
    January 2006
    5,165 Posts
    I loved the Minority Report flashback.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #711
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    Whoa, that wrinkled my brain.

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,572 Posts
    I believed that major thing in this episode until seeing that temporary character try and leave. Good episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #713
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    That article is from 3 days ago and Community got renewed yesterday and they didn't say anything about a final season.
    The only show so far that is going into it's final season is 30 rock.
    Community and Parks & Rec are too critically acclaimed to cancel I think, considering most other things on the channel do far worse in ratings and acclaim.
    Ohkay, good, I had a mini heart attack.

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    Yeah NBC would have to be staffed by complete retards to not see how much money Community's making them, so it wouldn't be completely cancelled.

Also the fans would riot. As they have before when it went into mid-season pause
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

35. Post #715
    Gar
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    445 Posts
    I don't know...I'm still watching for some reason but I think it's more because I used to really laugh while watching this show as opposed to liking the episodes that have premiered this season. I mean, it's changed. It's really changed. You can see it if you watch this latest one before or after watching one from season one or early season two.

With that in mind, I would be completely fine with one more season to wrap things up. Given what it started with, it deserves that much. But that's just how I see it.

36. Post #716
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    I don't know...I'm still watching for some reason but I think it's more because I used to really laugh while watching this show as opposed to liking the episodes that have premiered this season. I mean, it's changed. It's really changed. You can see it if you watch this latest one before or after watching one from season one or early season two.

With that in mind, I would be completely fine with one more season to wrap things up. Given what it started with, it deserves that much. But that's just how I see it.
    Things Chang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 12Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,047 Posts
    This episode was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    690 Posts
    So Community is now on Fridays, don't know if this is a good thing or bad.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1224624p1.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,047 Posts
    So Community is now on Fridays, don't know if this is a good thing or bad.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1224624p1.html
    It's a bad thing.
    A very bad thing.
    Friday nights are where TV shows go to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,235 Posts
    And they completely missed the point of having it on Thursdays, especially with an in canon date for the group to graduate. Unless they do something like a parody of the Hangover trying to remember the previous day, Thursday May 23rd 2013 is going to be ruined.