3,076 Posts
    I loved it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,311 Posts
    wasn't expecting omar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,189 Posts
    Troy is so much better after listening to Childish Gambino
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,383 Posts
    Episode needed more Annie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,557 Posts
    Good start to a new season. I really enjoyed that white room scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,718 Posts
    in the musical scene at the beginning of the episode, when Annie is spinning near when she first enters you can totally see her butt for a split second
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,189 Posts
    in the musical scene at the beginning of the episode, when Annie is spinning near when she first enters you can totally see her butt for a split second
    http://imgur.com/a/1mGD5
    totally not creepy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,718 Posts
    figures, whenever a girl on TV shows her butt for even a split second, the internet is there to screenshot it

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Little sidenote I discovered re-watching the first season; in the Britta cheated/Pierce writes the school song episode, one of the lyrics in the final song is:

"Dancing in your underwear / Taking air-conditioning repair"

This was TWO SEASONS ago, FIVE EPISODES in. For ONE LINE. Dan Harmon is...impressive.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,036 Posts
    Little sidenote I discovered re-watching the first season; in the Britta cheated/Pierce writes the school song episode, one of the lyrics in the final song is:

"Dancing in your underwear / Taking air-conditioning repair"

This was TWO SEASONS ago, FIVE EPISODES in. For ONE LINE. Dan Harmon is...impressive.
    That type of self referential humour reminds me of Arrested Development.
    And for me, comparing something to that show is the greatest compliment I could ever give a sitcom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    So, last night's episode...thoughts?

'I'm getting serious, I got a backpack, I got a new notebook, I got one of those see-through yellow pens so I can do that thing where you colour in the words...'
    'Highlight?'
    'Probably the backpack'.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,383 Posts
    Still great as always
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,957 Posts
    Started watching. Loving it.

Jeff: "Look, you have to be a football player, it's in your blood!"
    Troy: "That's racist."
    J: "In your soul?"
    T: "That's racist."
    J: "In your eyes?"
    T: "That's gay."
    J: "That's homophobic."
    T: "That's black!"
    J: "THAT'S RACIST!"
    T: "Damn."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #96
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    A friend of mine wants to dress up as the Greendale Human Being for halloween.

I ain't stopping him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,664 Posts
    A friend of mine wants to dress up as the Greendale Human Being for halloween.

I ain't stopping him.
    The Human Being is actually pretty terrifying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,076 Posts
    New ep was great.
    Also, if you guys havn't checked out Troys actors band, Childish Gambino, you should. Hes actually really good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,557 Posts
    Poor Tod.
    I loved how they kept throwing in facts about him that made you feel worse for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,718 Posts
    New ep was great.
    Also, if you guys havn't checked out Troys actors band, Childish Gambino, you should. Hes actually really good

<3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,036 Posts
    New episode was great.
    The Chang noir subplot was hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #102
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    New ep was great.
    Donald Glover. Not to be confused with Danny Glover

Edited:

I keep expecting annie to run in and rap terribly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #103
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,872 Posts
    it had a few jokes that were just awful

they really took away from it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #104
    October 2011
    643 Posts
    I hope they show the new season in India soon. They show stuff here really late. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

25. Post #105
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Just caught up with everything. Chang is insane and the group all appear to be assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #106
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,872 Posts
    that was a really weird episode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    I loved the new episode, but it did have a lot of frightening exposures like the bottle episode. There were a lot of fridge logic too; i.e.    why Annie has a gun, why Britta keeps on dancing for the pizza, etc.   

Also,    the fact that Pierce goes for the pizza and pretty much everyone has a good time is hilarious.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,738 Posts
    I loved the new episode, but it did have a lot of frightening exposures like the bottle episode. There were a lot of fridge logic too; i.e.    why Annie has a gun, why Britta keeps on dancing for the pizza, etc.   

Also,    the fact that Pierce goes for the pizza and pretty much everyone has a good time is hilarious.   
       Annie has a gun because she lives in a bad neighborhood, she referenced to the fact she carried one in a previous episode   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,872 Posts
    yeah I really didn't like it

I laughed at that    really horrible timeline   
    but otherwise it was way too mushy and forced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,950 Posts
    oh man, that troll.

31. Post #111
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts

evil troy and evil abbbeeed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,189 Posts
    oh man, that troll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    I thought it was great. Revisiting the 'bad' timeline was hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #114

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
       Annie has a gun because she lives in a bad neighborhood, she referenced to the fact she carried one in a previous episode   
    Really? I mean, I know that comes up later in the bathroom scene when she's talking about it in a bit more detail.

35. Post #115
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I really hope the evil study group comes up later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Really? I mean, I know that comes up later in the bathroom scene when she's talking about it in a bit more detail.
    Yeah, that & Britta smoking pot aren't fridge logic; they were both established in previous episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,137 Posts
    I really hope the evil study group comes up later
    Inter-timeline paintball game?

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,557 Posts
    "What's a pregnancy test look like?"
    "A thin strip of plastic, why?"
    "Because this definitely isn't a pregnancy test."
    <Gun>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #119
    September 2009
    2,247 Posts
    "What's a pregnancy test look like?"
    "A thin strip of plastic, why?"
    "Because this definitely isn't a pregnancy test."
    <Gun>
    the line was "So this is definitely a gun." which is much funnier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Interesting theory about 'Remedial Chaos Theory':

Last night’s Community featured seven different timelines based on the roll of a die. They led you to believe that the final timeline was the real one, but I don’t believe this to be true. Here’s why.

1 - The episode begins with a brief argument about whether Troy and Abed live in apartment 303 or 304. This episode was season three, episode four. What this hints at is that this episode takes place before the last one.

2 - In every timeline except Jeff’s (supposedly the real one), Pierce mentions that he had sex with Eartha Kitt in an airplane bathroom. He tells Omar in 303 that the members of the study group are the only ones he’s told about that event.

3 - Abed’s timeline is the only one in which Shirley finds out that Britta smokes pot. In 303, when Britta burns the list, Shirley says, “oh no! She’s got her marijuana lighter!”

4 - In Abed’s timeline, he finds a nickel. At the beginning of 303, he gives Pierce a coin to pay for the water fountain.

5 - This isn’t a proof, but from a storytelling perspective, Jeff and Annie kissing is the biggest event in any timeline (other than Pierce dying). Their relationship in 303 is alternately very friendly and extremely strained, which makes sense in a post-kitchen-make-out timeline.
    Now Dan Harmon's response on Twitter was:

'Sorry, no. I wouldn't intentionally confuse viewers that much. RT @bookglue do you have anything to say about this?'

Now, that would seem to settle it, but this is Dan Harmon we're talking about. The guy who left references to the 3rd season's plot in the opening episodes of season 1. And technically, he could mean "No, I'm not going to confuse viewers by talking about it" in a sly way of dodging the question & keeping the 'surprise' a secret.

Far fetched, yes, but the 303 on Abed's apartment (and the Britta/Annie dialogue) didn't sit right with me either.

Of course, the simple answer to this? The episode order got switched, and the Britta/Annie dialogue was inserted so that the 'Apt 303' joke didn't fall flat.