1. Post #41
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    What's so stupid about that? I had coffee with some friends at Tim Hortons after a game once. You get a few strange looks but thats about it.
    You should walk into a Bob Evans. That place is so American Patriotism you'd get free pancakes.

My automerge. It has broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    You should walk into a Bob Evans. That place is so American Patriotism you'd get free pancakes.

My automerge. It has broken.
    Never heard of it. That wouldn't work in Canada with Timmys I don't think, you see alot of soldiers in CADPAT all over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Never heard of it. That wouldn't work in Canada with Timmys I don't think, you see alot of soldiers in CADPAT all over.
    Bob Evans is like a Tim Hortens. I've eaten at both, and there's no real difference between the two.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Ah ok. Makes sense. I love Tim Hortons, I went there yesterday and had 3 donuts and a monster energy drink, felt really sick after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    December 2009
    13,337 Posts
    I wish I knew Russian so I could just walk around the grocery store in Russian gear and try to talk to people.
    Just do a Russian accent.

I might do this when I get around to making my VDV loadout. Then when I'm old enough go to a bar and pick up chicks because accent + uniform = sex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    Do that and ask really odd questions. Like where the Whitehouse while praising the USSR.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,461 Posts
    Russia has some very nice commercial camo.

Been thinking about getting a set for winter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Artistic Artistic x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    For me it's got to be Flecktarn, both woodland and desert. I like Multicam from a practical perspective in dryer environments, but everyone wears it these days. It worked great for me when I first bought it.

Flecktarn works just about everywhere for me.

Multicam used to work great for me at this field. Too bad it's gone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    625 Posts
    So, you people really just walk into public in your gear? That seems a bit stupid to me, just does.
    Yeah seems dumb to me as well. We're actually forbidden to arrive at the games wearing camo or full gear. I sometimes wear some military clothes in day-to-day life because they're comfortable (boots or winter jacket 'cause it's the only one I've got, no point in wearing camo when I have perfectly non-crazy pants and jackets) but that's about it. I sometimes see guys at my university wearing camo pants or jackets (they're not players or military, they simply buy it at used clothes stores, mostly choco-chip, flecktarn and M81) and I think they look like tools.
    Of course going around in full gear (especially with our guns, since we're not required to use that stupid orange tip) is forbidden per community rules and most probably illegal. The only time I'd wear camo or full gear outside the field is at a costume party.

Also yeah, it was the M81, thanks. Barely use it anymore, prefer to play with some brown cargo pants and black shirt, besides my gear (unless it's a long game in the forest or something like that).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Yeah seems dumb to me as well. We're actually forbidden to arrive at the games wearing camo or full gear. I sometimes wear some military clothes in day-to-day life because they're comfortable (boots or winter jacket 'cause it's the only one I've got, no point in wearing camo when I have perfectly non-crazy pants and jackets) but that's about it. I sometimes see guys at my university wearing camo pants or jackets (they're not players or military, they simply buy it at used clothes stores, mostly choco-chip, flecktarn and M81) and I think they look like tools.
    Of course going around in full gear (especially with our guns, since we're not required to use that stupid orange tip) is forbidden per community rules and most probably illegal. The only time I'd wear camo or full gear outside the field is at a costume party.

Also yeah, it was the M81, thanks. Barely use it anymore, prefer to play with some brown cargo pants and black shirt, besides my gear (unless it's a long game in the forest or something like that).
    I still don't really think it's dumb. I mean its not like if you walk into McDonalds with your BDU jacket and pants on someones going to be like "OMG WERE ALL GUNNA DIE CALL 911". Sure it looks retarded but after a game I'm tired and I really don't feel like changing, just give me my damn fries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    I dont just wear it around for no reason, but if Im on my way to or from a OP, or Im taking a lunch break during the OP, Im not gonna take my shit off.

I obviously dont have any of my weapons on me or anything when I do wear it around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    I still don't really think it's dumb. I mean its not like if you walk into McDonalds with your BDU jacket and pants on someones going to be like "OMG WERE ALL GUNNA DIE CALL 911". Sure it looks retarded but after a game I'm tired and I really don't feel like changing, just give me my damn fries.
    We're not talking about uniforms, I've been going on the assumption that you're going in with your vests and rigs on.

13. Post #53
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    We're not talking about uniforms, I've been going on the assumption that you're going in with your vests and rigs on.
    That's what I was talking about.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    If I'm breaking for lunch I just take my holster off and walk right in pretty much, rig and all. To and from games I don't wear my gear (other than camo) obviously.

The employees pretty much know about airsoft since they get tons of customers wearing gear that come in (due to their proximity to an airsoft field) so they dont really give a shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #55
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    I got the impression you people were just prancing around town with full loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    625 Posts
    See? Whole rig I find stupid because seriously what the fuck.
    Wearing camo I simply find... somewhat dumb? Nothing too special, only I don't think they look good as clothes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    See? Whole rig I find stupid because seriously what the fuck.
    Wearing camo I simply find... somewhat dumb? Nothing too special, only I don't think they look good as clothes.
    You make it sound like we wear our gear all the time. I only wear my gear in public before/after games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    If Im taking a tactical lunch break yeah. But the people at the local subway know what the deal is so they dont act surprised any more :saddowns:
    Tactical lunch break? Why not a high-speed-low-drag lunch break?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    POLITICAN
    Dennab
    August 2008
    7,023 Posts
    MARPAT

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    September 2010
    2,109 Posts
    For me it's got to be Flecktarn, both woodland and desert. I like Multicam from a practical perspective in dryer environments, but everyone wears it these days. It worked great for me when I first bought it.

Flecktarn works just about everywhere for me.
    Wow, that loadout looks great. Mind posting a kit list? Also what is that wrap around your face? Looks cool. Thanks.

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Wow, that loadout looks great. Mind posting a kit list? Also what is that wrap around your face? Looks cool. Thanks.
    -Flecktarn BDU's
    -Flecktarn Helmet Cover
    -MICH 2000
    -Bolle X800 knockoffs (I think)
    -Condor Recon Wrap (facewrap)
    -Generic Safety Glasses
    -Condor Plate Carrier w/ numerous pouches (sold it to a friend, using the CB CIRAS now)
    -Black belt
    -Condor Drop leg dump pouch

As for the guns
    -CA M15A4 with Magpul parts and my custom designed handguard (no it's not a MOE handguard, I was working on this before the MOE came out)
    -DE M1014 Shotgun
    -TM P226 holstered on the side of the vest.

My newer version of it here. My friend is using my old Condor plate carrier for his loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    June 2010
    197 Posts
    [/QUOTE]

What do you mean it is gone?

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    The guy on the bottom left knows what the fuck is going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #64
    June 2010
    197 Posts
    Anyone see one of these or have pics of one of these in action? Multicam Tencate Defender FR Combat Shirt

Looks bad ass with a MultiCam MOLLE vest

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    What do you mean it is gone?[/QUOTE]
    City closed it down due to the mess the paintballers would leave, it was public land afterall.

Anyone see one of these or have pics of one of these in action? Multicam Tencate Defender FR Combat Shirt

Looks bad ass with a MultiCam MOLLE vest
    Half the people who wear multicam to Fort Ord use those in some form.

26. Post #66
    July 2010
    639 Posts
    They're called Combat Shirts. And I'd look for non-FROG ones, because only Crye makes those and they're really expensive, because they're fireproof. So unless you plan on being lit on fire during a game, you probably don't need it.

27. Post #67
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    Personally, I'd have to say I like Multicam -- but only because of its effectiveness and the fact it works where I live (Texas, mannggg).
    To be honest though, I'm easy to please. I like just about every camouflage pattern I see.
    except those old russian patterns from ww2, they look like vomit and shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    I wonder if wearing a Combat Shirt around casually would be acceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Why wouldn't it? I wear my ACU jacket out, or I take my deployment bag out with me.

30. Post #70
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    I don't know, I don't see it matching with anything other then ACU pants, and if you go that far with it you look like a freak. I got odd looks wearing my Softshell and ACU pants to McDonalds the other day. I may pick one up though, I need to take a price check though.

31. Post #71
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    You'll always get odd looks because people don't understand. Wether you're in the military or not. If you have some dark grey pants it'll work, even with jeans it'll work, because you'll look like a contractor, or what not.

32. Post #72
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,667 Posts
    Bah, during the fair season, I almost bought a Flektarn field jacket with german patches on it. It was 50 bucks and I didn't have enough money at the time but damn I wish I bought it.

33. Post #73
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts

What camo is this?

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,753 Posts
    Can't see anything wrong with wearing ACU pants with something that matches it (a simple t-shirt or jacket), or jeans with a PCU, but unless you're military IMO it'd be a little odd to just wear an ACU jacket.

35. Post #75
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    I love wearing ACU pants with a gray polo.

Most of the time wearing any camo makes you an instant redneck. Granted, Rednecks don't wear Multicam or ACU.

36. Post #76
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    I live next to CentCom, so I get a pass on the odd looks. Usually.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,753 Posts
    I love wearing ACU pants with a gray polo.

Most of the time wearing any camo makes you an instant redneck. Granted, Rednecks don't wear Multicam or ACU.
    That's what I mean. I saw a guy wearing ACU pants with I think a simple black hoodie. In the very least, it was unique without the side affect of strange stares and whatnot. I myself would only wear ACU pants outside of airsoft and any restaurant/fast food place inbetween the field and my house.

38. Post #78
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    ACU Pants are comfortable and practical. Pockets, Pockets Everywhere.

39. Post #79
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Speaking of which, I need to get new ones. Mine have faded a ton.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    Personally, I'd have to say I like Multicam -- but only because of its effectiveness and the fact it works where I live (Texas, mannggg).
    To be honest though, I'm easy to please. I like just about every camouflage pattern I see.
    except those old russian patterns from ww2, they look like vomit and shit
    lol german-aa gunner you so crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)