1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    208 Posts
    I know man, I am amazed at the reception this map has received!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #162
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    well, its a great map, since there arnt many great things on garrysmod then things gets noticed more, another thing to add, this map IS a actual map that is scary, like the nightmare house, its hard to make a map but a scary map is much harder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #163
    March 2010
    2,018 Posts
    Amazing map, but the use of the Stalker face let's it down for me, you could still scare poeple without using the ol' jump out at your face tactic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    November 2010
    1,421 Posts
    Can someone post where he got the stalker face? I want to know where he got the idea.

EDIT: Partly because when I was watching a video of this I got scares sh*tless by that purdy face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    208 Posts
    Can someone post where he got the stalker face? I want to know where he got the idea.

EDIT: Partly because when I was watching a video of this I got scares sh*tless by that purdy face.
    It's a prop_dynamic and it uses one of the stalker torso models from Episode 1 with a looping screaming animation. The sound is custom.

The idea came from my brain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,751 Posts
    Is there any possibilities to "win" on the map, I may try to make a map like this in the summer (so I hopefully can release it on Halloween) do you have any hints or tricks?

Also awesome map! Too bad it is all errors and walls are nodraws so I only see the skybox, do I need ep1 for this to work? I only got ep2, so I hoped for the "episodic" engine to have the models...

Nice work with the ghost box and the detector. I know how to make that, but it was a seriously genius idea!    especially when you hear the ghost whispering in the ghost box   

Edit: I also got CS:S. Just had to say that because I saw some cs_milita models in the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,603 Posts
    You could have more complex ghost events with integrated lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,249 Posts
    Me and some friends went on a server to play the map, but most of the triggers were already used, so we built traps and crap with wire to scare anyone else who came on. :S

9. Post #169
    November 2010
    1,421 Posts
    It's a prop_dynamic and it uses one of the stalker torso models from Episode 1 with a looping screaming animation. The sound is custom.

The idea came from my brain.
    You are a genius.

10. Post #170
    August 2010
    42 Posts
    how long did it take to make this map and how long you think it will be for version 2.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    208 Posts
    Is there any possibilities to "win" on the map, I may try to make a map like this in the summer (so I hopefully can release it on Halloween) do you have any hints or tricks?

Also awesome map! Too bad it is all errors and walls are nodraws so I only see the skybox, do I need ep1 for this to work? I only got ep2, so I hoped for the "episodic" engine to have the models...

Nice work with the ghost box and the detector. I know how to make that, but it was a seriously genius idea!    especially when you hear the ghost whispering in the ghost box   

Edit: I also got CS:S. Just had to say that because I saw some cs_milita models in the map.
    It's in the Readme. You require Half-life 2, AND Episode 1 and 2. I don't recall using anything from CSS as it is not currently installed.

how long did it take to make this map and how long you think it will be for version 2.
    Roughly a month, I started on Oct 2nd. It will take a while to get the second one going.

You could have more complex ghost events with integrated lua.
    Later on in development I am going to start looking into this.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    In next version, could there be a ghost which is invisible but you can see it's shadow with flashlight? It could follow you a while and maybe drain your health a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

13. Post #173
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    Make the next version have an elevator that goes up, and then goes down a little, then up, down, then free fall and crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #174
    August 2010
    42 Posts
    make the next one have events that repeat at random to make it fun to go through with friends and maybe a extra camera and heat vision to see cold spots then i will buy a t shirt with your name on it and run in the london marathon with nothing but the shirt on ;>

15. Post #175
    Harold Ramis's No. 1 Fan
    June 2010
    2,726 Posts
    Anyone called for a Ghostbuster?

16. Post #176
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    Does this use any gmod-only entities, or could I put this in obsidian conflict?

17. Post #177
    November 2010
    1,421 Posts
    A suggestion inspired from a movie, make this one room with a haunted tv, and touching it will cause all of the lights to turn off, and for you to be sucked into the closet, followed by a loud scream and a picture of "the beast" from The first Poltergeist movie.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    Does this use any gmod-only entities, or could I put this in obsidian conflict?
    +1
    I have the same Idea
    It can be used in ep2 , so I hope it works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

19. Post #179
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    Lets make this an ideas thread now.

My idea is having a room that has everything on the side, like chairs and tables sticking to the left wall.
    Then, have a blackout and the the room has flipped. Then fall through the floor and yadda yadda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #180
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    I just made a VID with this map. And I normally don't make VIDS of maps.
    I jsut thought this map was special, due the randomness :D.

You inspire me to map again, (didn't map for a long time), but I am still in doubt if I should start a whole new project..

edit

The darn sync aint right. Audio slowly goes faster than the video source. Gotta adjust it... And mah file is also 12 gb.
    I recorded 1024x(something else) resolution wich almost no compression. LEaving in all the detail.
    GOtta part it up, :P.

Edited:

Compressing it anyways.. 12 gb is just too much.. Will compresss it to ~ 7gb and part it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,996 Posts
    We played this with webcams watch the video. It's a very scary map better than Nightmarehouse.
    No.

That's just impossible. This map is great, but no.

Just no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #182
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Lets make this an ideas thread now.

My idea is having a room that has everything on the side, like chairs and tables sticking to the left wall.
    Then, have a blackout and the the room has flipped. Then fall through the floor and yadda yadda.

I am sorry, I accidently pressed one of the rating buttons. Sorry if it was a bad rating :P. I am not familair with the rating system here.

Edited:

[b]Part 1[/b[

[b]Part 2[/b[

23. Post #183
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    What language is that?

24. Post #184
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Dutch :P, I might put on subtitles :O.

25. Post #185
    December 2009
    897 Posts
    very impressive map but you need to optimize a little more this and delete some props to make it less laggy for multiplayer just like they did with gm_apocalypse

a rp_ghosthunt would be ideal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    very impressive map but you need to optimize a little more this and delete some props to make it less laggy for multiplayer just like they did with gm_apocalypse

a rp_ghosthunt would be ideal
    Think about the ghost city.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

27. Post #187
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I always find maps like this interesting, I start thinking about their 'background stories'. You could be walking down a corridor of a building to see all of the doors wide open and papers left about, as if people left in a hurry. Then you start wondering what caused those people to leave, and what they were afraid of...

Blood is not necessary to create a feeling that something went horribly wrong.

I like trying to work out the backgrounds of abandoned and eerie places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #188
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    i was thinking about ghosthunt v2 and i was wondering if it was possible that when you see a ghost you make a sort of startled noise and maybe have your heart beat sound when you see it to make it more jumpy.

or maybe the ghosts can move some props around when they walk towards it rather than walking through it, also do a puzzle (walk along a thin wall with turns in or like a maze?) and when you get to the end you find something out like a flashback or something

One last thing otherwise i could make a massive post, could you do a room similar to that room which kills everyone in there but instead either make them teleport somewhere random and then they die or make it so when they go in there the doors get blocked off so they must continue their journey forwards and cant go back

29. Post #189
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    -

30. Post #190
    February 2010
    6 Posts
    man this map is amazing best map ever in the whole of gmod.org i think

by the way i made a video with a freind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1kUTyYaA5k

31. Post #191
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    Look at your post again and fix it.
    what do you mean fix it?

32. Post #192
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    You should add the constant heartbeat and breathing voice in some parts. I'm sure its heard in HL2 when you are teleported into the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,305 Posts
    You need to somehow incorporate this into a SourceMod, that way people who don't have Garry's Mod can enjoy this with other people. And people who DO have garry's mod can enjoy it with other people without the long loading times that people like...er...me, encounter.

34. Post #194
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    what do you mean fix it?
    Learn to type ffs

35. Post #195
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    I know how to make this more dynamic!!
    I made a new concept of horror. Actual ghosts..

This is a very quik concept I made, and its just to show the effect.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 8Winner Winner x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,836 Posts

That's actually pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,989 Posts

That's awesome. I would like to know how you did that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #198
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,653 Posts
    My gmod keeps crashing when I load the map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

39. Post #199
    December 2009
    897 Posts

you deserve a medal for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #200
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    Learn to type ffs
    does it really matter???

Edited:

seriously, if that comes up in the next ghosthunt map im gonna shit my pants for days!
    just one small problem, the detector noise is a bit loud, maybe use a less noisier sound like that beep on the first ghosthunt map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)