1. Post #641
    IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME, YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER! >:(
    November 2009
    1,795 Posts
    I talked to Breadman a while ago, he said he'd love to play gm_ghosthunt2 on my server when it's released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #642
    January 2010
    1,017 Posts
    I'll likely be getting it up in my server as well, last group i showed the first ghosthunt to loved it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,794 Posts
    I talked to Breadman a while ago, he said he'd love to play gm_ghosthunt2 on my server when it's released.
    I'd like to play on your server too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #644
    November 2009
    1,795 Posts
    I'd like to play on your server too
    Depends if it even works vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,989 Posts
    Heh, imagine like 48 of us crawling through the mines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #646
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,794 Posts
    Guy in the front: OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK

Rest of the server behind him: Huh? What was it? I didn't see it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #647
    July 2007
    9 Posts
    Guy in the front: OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK

Rest of the server behind him: Huh? What was it? I didn't see it
    Might as well get us some picks to work the mines as well. Oh, don't forget about the murderous ghosts guys! They might hinder our search for teh gold!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #648
    December 2009
    897 Posts
    in few words bread your map is going to be released next month?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Mexico Show Events

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    If all goes well, things should start happening soon. VERY soon.

You may begin to see videos popping up on youtube of various testing sessions and such. I had a fantastic session last night and bar a few minor fixes it feels 'done'. I need a few hours after work to write some emails, add one last thing, test, compile and package.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    November 2009
    1,795 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

11. Post #651
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,771 Posts
    Who doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    or imagine 40 people crawling OUT of the mines because we got shit scared, the other 8 either died or was lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #653
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    or imagine 40 people crawling OUT of the mines because we got shit scared, the other 8 either died or was lost
    I think it would be the other way around, 40 of us died or were lost, while a few 8 of us barely make it out....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #654
    March 2010
    50 Posts
    I can barely wait, you guys should post the server ip if anyone plans on hosting it later if its released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,989 Posts
    I'll probably do sp first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #656

September 2010
    20 Posts
    I think it would be the other way around, 40 of us died or were lost, while a few 8 of us barely make it out....
    Heh, maybe we should roleplay a bit, like assign different people to different devices/ tools and have them lead out a ghosthunting-exhibition, and have the rest stay back in the camera room and watch :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #657
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,794 Posts
    Heh, maybe we should roleplay a bit, like assign different people to different devices/ tools and have them lead out a ghosthunting-exhibition, and have the rest stay back in the camera room and watch :3
    I've done this before in ghosthunt 1 and it was funner than it sounds. I recommend we do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    December 2010
    160 Posts
    I can't fucking wait!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,771 Posts
    Gah... I can't wait for this. Gotta watch all SAW movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    Got a dilemma now. Sent it to about 7 clients last night, final test etc. On 4 of those clients it didn't work. The other three it works fine. We've all tried clearing our gmod folder etc no addons. I'm clueless as it does not provide us with an error, it literally says "hl2.exe has stopped responding."

So right now it looks like it's selective in terms of what it's going to run on and until I can pin down whats stopping it from running on other machines I can't release it (Which is what I was going to do today.) Very fustrating.

EDIT - I should have clarified It crashes as the map loads.

Some pictures of our latest testing session?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20067.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20064.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20065.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20066.jpg/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    November 2009
    330 Posts
    Wow, problem after problem, atleast it didn't crash on all clients. You might want to make a thread for this on the mapping section and see if anyone can help you there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,128 Posts
    Got a dilemma now. Sent it to about 7 clients last night, final test etc. On 4 of those clients it didn't work. The other three it works fine. We've all tried clearing our gmod folder etc no addons. I'm clueless as it does not provide us with an error, it literally says "hl2.exe has stopped responding."

So right now it looks like it's selective in terms of what it's going to run on and until I can pin down whats stopping it from running on other machines I can't release it (Which is what I was going to do today.) Very fustrating.

EDIT - I should have clarified It crashes as the map loads.

Some pictures of our latest testing session?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20067.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20064.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20065.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hunt20066.jpg/
    Coul it be possible that it doesn't work for those that don't have +r_hunkalloclightmaps in launch options? Just a random idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    It's been narrowed down to garrysmod. It runs on all clients in Episode 2 but crashes in single and multiplayer in garrysmod. (For those 4 clients that it was crashing on. Works as intended for the others)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #664
    September 2008
    458 Posts
    Well, if it helps at all you might be able to get them to give you their crash dump files, which are .mdmp files and should be located in their /<steam name>/garrysmod folder. Hope that helps finding the cause at least!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events

25. Post #665
    July 2009
    17 Posts
    So close, yet so far! Atleast this time the flaw isnt part of you map ( i hope not =P ) but actually Gmod.

Fingers crossed for this being the final hurdle, i dont care if i have to be patient for another month. This map is damn worth it, and so is it's auther and crediters.

Also cant wait for future projects from you if you plan on any =D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,989 Posts
    I'm excited :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    So close, yet so far! Atleast this time the flaw isnt part of you map ( i hope not =P ) but actually Gmod.

Fingers crossed for this being the final hurdle, i dont care if i have to be patient for another month. This map is damn worth it, and so is it's auther and crediters.

Also cant wait for future projects from you if you plan on any =D
    Have some various ideas for the future but I won't disclose them yet =)

EDIT - Thank you all by the way, for your kind support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 6Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    Hey breadman do you thing i could add you and/or drom,That would be awesome :D

Edited:

forgot to add, maybe me you and drom could play, i love drom hes halirious in the trailer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    This evening is revealing some more issues.

I can run a server, and it runs fine. If my testers try to join they all crash. So when they run a server and I try to join - I crash.

I just don't understand. I'm clueless. =(

EDIT - Found a lead. Onto something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

30. Post #670
    January 2010
    1,017 Posts
    This evening is revealing some more issues.

I can run a server, and it runs fine. If my testers try to join they all crash. So when they run a server and I try to join - I crash.

I just don't understand. I'm clueless. =(

EDIT - Found a lead. Onto something.

The same thing happens with ghosthunt 1, I honestly don't know what the deal is, but We're crossing our fingers that you find something. =)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    So here it is.

If the server creator runs GH2 right off the bat - It's connectors and possibly it's client will crash.

However.

If the server creator first runs a normal map (Say gm_flatgrass) Then changes it to ghosthunt, they can play - and then everybody else can join. So strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    March 2010
    50 Posts
    I am glad you figured it out, hopefully no other problems occur I can't wait!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #673
    January 2010
    1,017 Posts
    So here it is.

If the server creator runs GH2 right off the bat - It's connectors and possibly it's client will crash.

However.

If the server creator first runs a normal map (Say gm_flatgrass) Then changes it to ghosthunt, they can play - and then everybody else can join. So strange.

It Seems like everything on a gmod map startup (Placed npcs, rt cameras etc) seems to have its problems. I wonder if Garry (or some source coder) could ever pin down the cause of these bugs in the Garry's Mod. Since Every other Source Games features work fine, this for once most likely doesn't have anything do with Valve screwing something up.

34. Post #674
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    thank god i was gonna ask you to remake gm_ghosthunt 1 if you dident find a solution for gm_ghosthunt 2 but remaking gm_ghosthunt 1 seems like a good idea

Edited:

If it does work maybe i could join, do you think you could give me a link to the server name before you set it up?

35. Post #675
    November 2009
    330 Posts
    So it's either putting instructions with the map how to play it or try to figure out the problem (wich probably has to do with gmod)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    210 Posts
    It's so client selective right now. I don't even know what makes it work on one and not on the other. The stuff we tried last night seemed to work but this morning on other clients the map still isnt loading despite that. The funny thing is, Ghosthunt 1 isnt loading either. And they are vastly different.

Anyhow I've got a video to upload at somepoint of last nights stuff. Contemplating on when to release this. Don't want to release it and have 9 out of 10 clients crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #677
    August 2008
    1,059 Posts
    How about you do a public beta test, and create a steam group page for it. Anyone who fails to connect could post their specs, addons or other things that you think might cause problems. That way you'd get a much larger sample size of people with the problem and you could look for some common factor in all of them that might be causing the problem. Although, it would be a lot of work to wade through it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    July 2007
    9 Posts
    I don't think its your map. I honestly think this is garrysmod. I've seen this issue on other servers and maps. I dono what it is but it is annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    January 2010
    1,017 Posts
    Hmm.... Have you tried unmounting some source games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    June 2010
    38 Posts
    xD IM SCARY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)