1. Post #481
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    I saw this laptop, and it's seems amazing for the price. I am thinking about getting it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220821

Anyone have anything better for around the same price?
    Other than the fact that it's out of stock, I would say that's an AMAZING laptop for the price.
    Be aware of the battery life though

Edited:

And it also looked kinda bulky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #482
    July 2009
    2,833 Posts
    When I'm in-game and I use the Play/Pause button on my keyboard, It minimizes the game and brings up Windows Media Player. Is there anyway to stop it from minimizing my game?

Edited:

Also is there a way to dampen music automatically (specifically Windows Media Player) when someone talks in Ventrilo?

PC Specs:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

3. Post #483
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    I saw this laptop, and it's seems amazing for the price. I am thinking about getting it:

Yeah, I got a Recertified G72GX off of Newegg for slightly less.
    The only problem is that you might get a lemon.

However, the specs are incredible, as it has a goddamn 5870.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,497 Posts

Go buy it already, that's fucking cheap. Cheaper than an i3/5650/4GB in Denmark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

5. Post #485
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    And the cooling is ridiculously good.

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,175 Posts
    Is an upgrade to 1920x1080 21.5 inch monitor from 1280x1024 19 inch monitor worth it?

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,497 Posts
    Is an upgrade to 1920x1080 21.5 inch monitor from 1280x1024 19 inch monitor worth it?
    Absolutely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    When I'm in-game and I use the Play/Pause button on my keyboard, It minimizes the game and brings up Windows Media Player. Is there anyway to stop it from minimizing my game?

Edited:

Also is there a way to dampen music automatically (specifically Windows Media Player) when someone talks in Ventrilo?

PC Specs:
    stop using WMP

9. Post #489

August 2009
    1,231 Posts
    Anyone have icons for Starcraft 2 and Team Fortress 2 in the Token Light set? I was able to find an SC2 one in the dark version but that doesn't quite work for me.

10. Post #490

Edited:

PC Specs:
    IIRC Windows will automatically launch Windows Media Player when you press one of the media buttons, but only if WMP is set as your default media player. Get something else like foobar or Winamp or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    Is it true that in order to take full advantage of 1024x1024 and above textures, you need a resolution of at least 1600x1200?

I'm planning to get a 20 Inch LCD for Christmas, as this 1280x1024 one puts me to shame.
    I do see some aliasing (Lack of better word) on high resolution textures in certain games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,975 Posts
    I just have a quick question.

I have 2 computers,

Computer 1 is my main computer (Has no speakers)
    Computer 2 is my secondary computer at the other side of the room. (Is connected to a set of speakers)

Is there i way i can output all sound generated on computer 1 on 2? , So i can hear the sound of computer 1 trough the speakers?

I was hoping there is some sort of program for this, Both computers are connected to the same router. (Both Windows 7)

Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #493
    Explain to us why you don't just hook your speakers in to your main computer?

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,975 Posts
    Computer 2 is connected to my sound system. And I've only got 1 3,5mm jack > black/red cable. And the cable is not long enough to reach for computer one.

Edited:

Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #495
    Honestly, the cheapest and easiest solution here would be:

Buy a second, longer cable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    How do you install google chrome User Scripts? My version is "9.0.587.0 dev". All help is appreciated!

17. Post #497
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    How do you install google chrome User Scripts? My version is "9.0.587.0 dev". All help is appreciated!
    You just install them.

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,593 Posts
    Need help with a trivial subject.
    At School, no one actually uses them for work, so we usually just play flash games and shit.That was until a guy in my Year brought in the Battlefield 1942 demo. I fucking shit myself with nostalgia, i was playing it at lunch and someone came up and said. Is that COD (he pronounced it like the fish.). Rage.
    Anyway it our school techs blocked the handle, so we changed its name, we continued to play. Then they blocked the dll's, now we can't get it working again. Trivial situation, but any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    January 2009
    470 Posts
    If I have an AM2+ socket, and I put an AM3 processor in it, how much performance will be lost?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

20. Post #500
    At School, no one actually uses them for work, so we usually just play flash games and shit.That was until a guy in my Year brought in the Battlefield 1942 demo. I fucking shit myself with nostalgia, i was playing it at lunch and someone came up and said. Is that COD (he pronounced it like the fish.). Rage.
    Try switching to the Codename: Eagle demo. It's BF1942 with zeppelins.

21. Post #501
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Anyway it our school techs blocked the handle, so we changed its name, we continued to play. Then they blocked the dll's, now we can't get it working again. Trivial situation, but any help?
    You could make a thinstall of it. Its how I played my games back in school. There is also Softgrid from Microsoft, but I haven't seen an update in years.

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    926 Posts
    If I have an AM2+ socket, and I put an AM3 processor in it, how much performance will be lost?
    Not much, with BIOS updates it will run fine, just with DDR2.

23. Post #503
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    Em I'm a bit confused my BT connection is supposed to be 9-12 mb's if I were to be downloading a file would that be 12000Kbps or 1500Kbps, I'm a bit confused as with there are kilobites and megabits, all I'm aware of is I'm supposed to be getting 9-12mb.

So would that mean that a download speed of 800kbps is 8mb or 0.8mb :S.

Damn I think it's KB / Sec I'm getting confused about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #504
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    It doesn't work like that. You won't loose any performance, but you won't be able to use DDR3 RAM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Okay, so I posted a question on Yahoo! Answers (I usually get all my help there, after looking through pages of Google search queries):
    Me posted:
    So after bricking my Netgear WPN824v2 due to a firmware upgrade fail, and after trying multiple hard resets and possibly everything I could find through Google, my only choice now is to find a new, good, and affordable router!

I'm specifically looking for one that's best for sharing with multiple computers and good for (setting up) some Open NAT goodness for online gaming! I'd recommend something that is NOT Netgear, and under or a little over $200. I'm not too tech-savvy about anything hardware, but a user-friendly "router setup site" for the router would be nice too! I hope I'm not asking for too much, but if I need to ask for anything more, then just tell me and I'll be happy to budge!

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not gonna carry on about what the "sci" dude said like I was planning on doing, so I'm just gonna go straight to the "recommend me an awesome router?" question.

26. Post #506
    August 2008
    245 Posts
    I have a old computer that I want to turn into Windows home server for storage, or as a secondary for web browsing / winXP nostalgia. The only problem I have is it connects to the wireless internet fine, but it will load the Google web page. After that, the internet refuses to work anymore.

My uncle owned this computer; it worked fine for years. He thinks it might be a driver problem. I'm not so sure about it.

27. Post #507
    December 2009
    2,148 Posts
    How much of a step up is the GeForce GT 240 from a GeForce 9500 GT?

28. Post #508
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    How much of a step up is the GeForce GT 240 from a GeForce 9500 GT?
    I would say quite a bit. You may experience around 20FPS gain for games around the levels of L4D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I have a HDD from an old, dead pc. I need to put it in my new pc to get files off it, but don't want to get any malware that is no-doubt hidden on the old disk. Advice?

Using Windows 7 btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

30. Post #510
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    I have a HDD from an old, dead pc. I need to put it in my new pc to get files off it, but don't want to get any malware that is no-doubt hidden on the old disk. Advice?

Using Windows 7 btw.
    Just don't boot from the drive, don't run anything suspicious off of the drive, and ensure no partition have an autorun.ini on the root of each partition

31. Post #511
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    What's a Ricer?

32. Post #512
    August 2008
    1,059 Posts
    -snip-

33. Post #513
    September 2008
    872 Posts
    How does a Mobility Radeon HD 4250 compare to a x300?

34. Post #514
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    How does a Mobility Radeon HD 4250 compare to a x300?
    The X300 is so old comparing to the 4250, it's differences are not even worth mentioning.

35. Post #515
    November 2010
    49 Posts
    What's a Ricer?
    A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined...
    Same applies with cases. Useless blue Neons with ultra custom (andhorrible cases, while having shitty parts inside)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

36. Post #516
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    What's a Ricer?

Basically trying to pimp out anything shitty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    September 2008
    872 Posts
    The X300 is so old comparing to the 4250, it's differences are not even worth mentioning.
    will I know that the x300 is really old because i'm going to upgrade from it. but I wanted to know if the 4250 can play source games on the better or worse on medium than the x300?

38. Post #518
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    will I know that the x300 is really old because i'm going to upgrade from it. but I wanted to know if the 4250 can play source games on the better or worse on medium than the x300?
    Obviously better

A LOT better

39. Post #519
    September 2008
    872 Posts
    Obviously better

A LOT better
    cool then I will probably get a new laptop soon.

40. Post #520
    August 2010
    744 Posts
    Is it worth upgrading DDR2 RAM? I got 4GB atm and Im looking to buy another 4 (x2 2GB sticks) and; How much better performance would i get in games from 9600 to GTX 260? with the 9600gs I can barely play any new game on high settings at 1920x1080 and its starting to get annoying.