1. Post #4761
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    Is it possible to have certain sound go through headphones and other go through speakers? Like, could I have Ventrilo played through a headset while music played through speakers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Is it possible to have certain sound go through headphones and other go through speakers? Like, could I have Ventrilo played through a headset while music played through speakers?
    Yes, depends on your sound card, sometimes the front jack and back jack are two separate outputs, sometimes they're just one combined.

3. Post #4763
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    Yes, depends on your sound card, sometimes the front jack and back jack are two separate outputs, sometimes they're just one combined.
    How could I check if they're two separate outputs? I have an onboard soundcard if that matters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4764
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,466 Posts
    Is there anything i can do to this (but not over kill) to get more power for the buck?

* Trying to keep it under ~315$, Already have the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM (2gb)

5. Post #4765
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Is there anything i can do to this (but not over kill) to get more power for the buck?

* Trying to keep it under ~315$, Already have the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM (2gb)
    What motherboard and CPU? And is the RAM identical (at least the same speed)? You could get this combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.646270 and save a bunch and put it towards the GPU (6850, 6870, possibly a recertified 470) and just get a brand new 4GB RAM pack and not reuse the old stuff.

Edited:

You can OC with a Z68 on sandy bridge, right? It just also lets you use the onchip GPU?

6. Post #4766

November 2009
    15,466 Posts
    What motherboard and CPU? And is the RAM identical (at least the same speed)? You could get this combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.646270 and save a bunch and put it towards the GPU (6850, 6870, possibly a recertified 470) and just get a brand new 4GB RAM pack and not reuse the old stuff.

Edited:

You can OC with a Z68 on sandy bridge, right? It just also lets you use the onchip GPU?
    Currently Yes, the RAM is identical. The Motherboard is the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 [And my current GPU is the ATI Radeon 3850 HD]

I also currently have a 500W PSU, I need the bigger one for the card (?)

7. Post #4767
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Currently Yes, the RAM is identical. The Motherboard is the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 [And my current GPU is the ATI Radeon 3850 HD]

I also currently have a 500W PSU, I need the bigger one for the card (?)
    What brand PSU? 500W of a good brand should be plenty for a 460 and an AM3 CPU with 4GB RAM.

8. Post #4768

November 2009
    15,466 Posts
    What brand PSU? 500W of a good brand should be plenty for a 460 and an AM3 CPU with 4GB RAM.
    Not entirely sure, since I didnt 'build' the base of this PC (a friend did) and the fact there is no markings on it make me think its generic.

9. Post #4769
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Not entirely sure, since I didnt 'build' the base of this PC (a friend did) and the fact there is no markings on it make me think its generic.
    well im busy atm but I'll see what I can do for you when I'm done, to get the most value. Is the RAM you already have 2x1GB DDR3 1600 RAM?

10. Post #4770

November 2009
    15,466 Posts
    well im busy atm but I'll see what I can do for you when I'm done, to get the most value. Is the RAM you already have 2x1GB DDR3 1600 RAM?
    Yes

11. Post #4771
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133341
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231277
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.646266
    Run the 1GB modules in one channel and the 2 GB modules in another, for 6GB total dual channeled RAM. (yes you can do that). Make sure they're in the right slots for it.

Edited:

Double check the PSU you have - look for a label, it might be on the back side depending on your case. It very well could be a good PSU from a good brand that is capable of handling this.

Edited:

How could I check if they're two separate outputs? I have an onboard soundcard if that matters.
    sorry for being late, figure out what onboard card you have, VIA lets you split it, some realtek doesn't. You could just post your motherboard model and I'll check it out if you want.

12. Post #4772
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts

Run the 1GB modules in one channel and the 2 GB modules in another, for 6GB total dual channeled RAM. (yes you can do that). Make sure they're in the right slots for it.

Edited:

Double check the PSU you have - look for a label, it might be on the back side depending on your case. It very well could be a good PSU from a good brand that is capable of handling this.

Edited:

sorry for being late, figure out what onboard card you have, VIA lets you split it, some realtek doesn't. You could just post your motherboard model and I'll check it out if you want.
    ASRock M3A770DE

Is that enough information?

13. Post #4773
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    ASRock M3A770DE

Is that enough information?
    Nice. Same motherboard as me! :D
    Yes it's possible.
    Get the latest VIA drivers for your card from
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
    Select your OS, etc, your VIA product is VT1708S
    Install the drivers then restart your PC and open the Audio deck, click the little tool in the bottom right corner and select the radio button that says "independent headphone" and press okay. Then in the windows sound settings, select the headphone/or speakers as the default sound device and communications device, and in Ventrillo go into the options and select the headphones as the output device.

14. Post #4774
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    Nice. Same motherboard as me! :D
    Yes it's possible.
    Get the latest VIA drivers for your card from
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
    Select your OS, etc, your VIA product is VT1708S
    Install the drivers then restart your PC and open the Audio deck, click the little tool in the bottom right corner and select the radio button that says "independent headphone" and press okay. Then in the windows sound settings, select the headphone/or speakers as the default sound device and communications device, and in Ventrillo go into the options and select the headphones as the output device.
    Is it possible to do the same for Chrome?

15. Post #4775
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Sorry, no experience with that. I think Chrome will always just use the default device.

16. Post #4776
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    Sorry, no experience with that. I think Chrome will always just use the default device.
    Damn. Thanks though. :buddy:

17. Post #4777

April 2011
    105 Posts
    How big is the difference when going from a monitor with 6 ms response and 60 hertz to a monitor with 2ms response and 120hertz?

I'm thinking of buying the BenQ XL2410
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

18. Post #4778
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    How big is the difference when going from a monitor with 6 ms response and 60 hertz to a monitor with 2ms response and 120hertz?

I'm thinking of buying the BenQ XL2410
    Not much, your money's probably better spent elsewhere unless you're wanting to use 3D.

19. Post #4779

April 2011
    105 Posts
    Not much, your money's probably better spent elsewhere unless you're wanting to use 3D.
    Are you sure? A lot of people said that it was a very large difference. My monitor is from 2006 and it's starting to really show its age.

20. Post #4780
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Just my opinion, can your PC even do 120FPS with vsync on at the resolution the monitor is?

21. Post #4781

April 2011
    105 Posts
    Just my opinion, can your PC even do 120FPS with vsync on at the resolution the monitor is?
    Not enough, but I will build an extremely good pc within the next months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #4782
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,496 Posts
    Not enough, but I will build an extremely good pc within the next months.
    Put the money towards that PC and look for monitors afterwards.

23. Post #4783
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    14,492 Posts
    I guess this is a general question, but does anyone know where i can find a site that sells Bamboo Pen & Touch nibs that ship to Sweden, preferrably free? I found some on amazon.com, but none on amazon.co.uk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

24. Post #4784
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,896 Posts
    Ati 5200 or 3800
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #4785
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    Is this wireless adapter any good? Would I notice any speed difference if I was connected directly to my router with Cat5?

26. Post #4786

November 2009
    15,466 Posts

Wow, that looks amazing, only problem is that i would really not want to buy ANOTHER 500w PSU if i already have one..

27. Post #4787
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Is this wireless adapter any good? Would I notice any speed difference if I was connected directly to my router with Cat5?
    1.Sure, if it works it's good
    2.Only on LAN most likely, unless you have a very fast internet connection higher than the bandwidth of the wireless, but pings and packet loss and some other stuff might worsen.

28. Post #4788
    December 2009
    11,769 Posts
    1.Sure, if it works it's good
    2.Only on LAN most likely, unless you have a very fast internet connection higher than the bandwidth of the wireless, but pings and packet loss and some other stuff might worsen.
    I have fucking terrible 125 kb/s on a good day internet.

29. Post #4789
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,974 Posts
    Wow, that looks amazing, only problem is that i would really not want to buy ANOTHER 500w PSU if i already have one..
    Well, like I said, check your PSU out and tell us the brand / model, or maybe just ask your friend that helped you build it?

30. Post #4790
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,438 Posts
    I'm assuming a 2.0 GHz single core Celeron would be slower than a 1.9 GHz dual core Athlon X2?

31. Post #4791
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts
    I'm assuming a 2.0 GHz single core Celeron would be slower than a 1.9 GHz dual core Athlon X2?
    Yes.

32. Post #4792
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,922 Posts
    Is Corsair 500W enough for 560ti?

Edited:

Also that cheap 4GB Ripjaws is sold out on Newegg what's the next best thing?

33. Post #4793
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    god damnit.. this mouse is really getting annoying. i mean it's great but lately the cursor hasn't been responding as smoothly as it used to.

at a times its stabbing enough to bother me really. new mouse in order or? :saddowns:

The next cheapest thing probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

34. Post #4794
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts
    Is Corsair 500W enough for 560ti?

Edited:

I would suggest 600w. And any DDR3 RAM should work fine