1. Post #921
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    Some screenshots from my recent adventures. Sometimes I increased gamma in order to see stuff a bit better.
    Never seen this one before.

One of the highest spots in the current world.

A cave that has it's entrance closed by a rock, glitched a bit inside it but couldn't actually get in, when I died it said something about "crystite research facility".

Failed teleport attempt.

"Broken harbor" or something like that.

Another high spot.

Trans hub tunnels. Stuff blows up at random.

Also.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    What's in this week update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events

3. Post #923
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,302 Posts
    They're gonna get rid of levels and wipe everyone's characters any week now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,466 Posts
    So maybe they will be sending new invites, yay!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

5. Post #925
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    They're gonna get rid of levels and wipe everyone's characters any week now
    In like 6 weeks.
    So maybe they will be sending new invites, yay!
    It's highly possible that it will be this week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

6. Post #926
    August 2007
    642 Posts
    Has anyone been able to play this? I registered a few months ago and have yet to receive a beta key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,372 Posts
    I got invited but I don't like the game so far. It feels like its missing too much content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #928
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    Has anyone been able to play this? I registered a few months ago and have yet to receive a beta key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #929
    July 2008
    3,601 Posts
    I got invited but I don't like the game so far. It feels like its missing too much content.
    That's because it is. My guess is that it would be awhile before any new content even comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #930
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Now I just play weekly to see the patch and leave some feedback in the forum..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Considering it's waaaay in Alpha, lack of content should be expected
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

12. Post #932
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    Also update in a couple of hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

13. Post #933
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Interesting. In it's current form, SIN is not that fundamental.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    Bug Fixes

Fixed multiple crashes that affected matchmaking systems.
    Fixed server-side memory leak problems.
    Fixed issues with WindowBlinds forcing resolution to 800x600. May have shown up as D3D Device Initilization Failure.
    Fix for chat input not being able to use home and end keys to move the text cursor.
    Fixed a bug where you could thump inside bunkers near Trans Hub.
    You can no longer climb the crystite wall on Orbital Comm Tower to get outside of the map.
    Fixed issues with the progress bar not showing on the terminal while hacking on Orbital Comm Tower.

Game Changes

New Friends List user interface. Closer to final version than the temp UI used previously.
    Added ability to customize reticle in the Reticle Manager Interface options for changing which reticle to use for each weapon type Addon devs can now make their own reticles and flag them as being compatible with certain weapon types
    Added additional information to the Driver out of Date message.
    Increased base run speed by approximately 33%.
    Assault and Medic are now slightly faster than base run speed.
    Dreadnaught is now slightly slower than base run speed.
    Engineer and Recon use base run speed.
    Removed the Medic passive ability to revive downed allies faster.
    Removed the Assault and Dreadnaught passive ability to execute enemies faster.
    Removed the Engineer passive ability to hack points faster.
    Removed the Recon passive ability of increased air control while jump jetting.
    Enemy deployables are destroyed if left in the spawn room after a point capture in Orbital Comm Tower.
    Added more details to the manufacturing UI to make it easier for new users to understand.

Known Issues

Jump pads are not pushing players to the appropriate height and should not be used.
    Any addons created before this date will most likely be broken and need to be written again due to changes to the UI structure.

Gotta go fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,973 Posts
    Anyone else get anything on their email from Red5 about some HellHound HQ thing?

Edited:

Uh... Guys.

Something's happening.

http://www.hellhoundhq.com/

Edited:

I'm scared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,724 Posts
    Anyone else get anything on their email from Red5 about some HellHound HQ thing?

Edited:

Uh... Guys.

Something's happening.

http://www.hellhoundhq.com/

Edited:

I'm scared.
    It's some sort of ARG. At least, that's what they say in the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,973 Posts
    Welp, I've enlisted.

Edited:

According to that website apparently the Melding is only in Brazil? I thought it covered the Earth and Fortaleza was the only free spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

18. Post #938
    October 2011
    1,347 Posts
    Well,i enlisted my myself,but still no email to certify that i am.
    Gotta play the waiting game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Welp, I've enlisted.

Edited:

According to that website apparently the Melding is only in Brazil? I thought it covered the Earth and Fortaleza was the only free spot.
    That's how it'll end up.
    The report on HHHQ is how it started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    November 2009
    1,465 Posts
    we gotta find that code
    http://www.hellhoundhq.com/accord
    think it'll be ingame?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    770 Posts
    we gotta find that code
    http://www.hellhoundhq.com/accord
    think it'll be ingame?
    The code is RECON
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Honduras Show Events

22. Post #942
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I got that ARG email, but I have yet to be invited to the beta. I registered with the HQ anyway, just in case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #943
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,119 Posts
    The code is RECON
    Interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    770 Posts
    Interesting.
    The animation it shows in the page in this page http://www.hellhoundhq.com/accord highlights the letters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Honduras Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    I've done that get 400 Crystals. How do I progress now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

26. Post #946
    March 2009
    182 Posts
    You can't!

That's it for the questing for now. To progress any further you should be playing PvP and thumping in groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    There are no more missions there. Go and reveal all the other SIN networks, explore, thump, PVP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #948

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    How do I get invites to send?

I've been in the beta since april and I wanna invite a friend of mine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

29. Post #949
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    How do I get invites to send?

I've been in the beta since april and I wanna invite a friend of mine
    You gotta wait and check your account page on the forum every once in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,345 Posts
    God this looks so amazing, I hope I get a beta invite from them soon.

I love the idea of invasions taking place in hub towns and then having them taken over if you fail to fight off the enemy forces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #951
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    I watched an old recording of devs streaming and I heard them saying that when they are sending out waves of invites, they invite people that are active on forums- at least log in regularly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    April 2009
    9,302 Posts
    They'll invite anyone with an account, being active on the forums only increases your chances of getting a key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

33. Post #953
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I just partecipated to a contest of the devs looking for valid candidates to betatest, there were 15 beakeys to send and I got one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

34. Post #954
    April 2009
    9,302 Posts
    Looks like there isn't going to be a patch this week, I'll take it as a sign that something big is coming next week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Looks like there isn't going to be a patch this week, I'll take it as a sign that something big is coming next week
    uhm. In the beta updates subforum the devs has posted that there won't be any updates until the huge weight/energy milestone. Aka 4 weeks from now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    From the forums:
    Milestone Update - June 14th, 2012
    As you may remember, in order to focus the team's time and energy on getting the next major milestone out, we have put a hold on the weekly beta patches. In place of those patches, I wanted to give you all an update on where we're at with the milestone and talk about some of the features that have been implemented so far. I will try to break out the update by major feature. As always, please remember that there are multiple teams working on multiple aspects of the game. No single feature set is getting the entire focus of the staff.

Disclaimer: Any or all of this can change at any time. We iterate on designs a lot and I highly expect a lot of this to change as we play test and get feedback from the team.

New PvP TDM Map

The team working on the new TDM map has gotten everything blocked out. We've had multiple internal playtests and the map is getting high ratings on the fun scale. At this point the team has moved on to changing the map from blocked out props to fully artified assets. This process will take a while as there are custom pieces that need to be modeled out, textured, and then placed in the map.

As a side note, a handful of people have been working weekends in order to create new gametypes that can be placed on multiple maps. While these most likely won't be implemented for this milestone, it is a huge step forward in getting more objective-based gameplay in PvP.

Core Combat Team

The Core Combat team has been busy prototyping all the features they want in the game. By the end of this week, that work should be all done and then we can spend time playtesting and tweaking the values. Some of the more extreme changes have come with trying to make the battleframes more skill-based. Here are some highlights...

Animated hit boxes that match player shapes (arms, legs, torso, etc).
    Added new Assault primary weapon, the Fusion Cannon. Has almost no splash, faster projectile speed, direct hit bonuses.
    Engineer primary weapon is now a Tesla Rifle, grows in damage while you hold it on someone, rapidly loses damage buildup while missing. Damage buildup decay is slower if you stop firing and/or are missing.
    Engineer abilities are now more trap-based leading to smaller, shorter time-duration, quick-deploy items.
    The Medic heal gun has been removed for a projectile-based weapon that either heals friendlies or damages enemies. It also stacks a damage vulnerability debuff on the target. +10% damage taken per hit landed, up to 30% maximum. Lasts 5 seconds.
    The Dreadnaught HMG now has damage degradation past 20 meters, consistent accuracy (itís consistently inaccurate), much faster rate of fire, reduced damage per round.
    The Recon sniper rifle has been changed to a charge-up sniper rifle. It charges while scoped and deals more damage based on charge percentage.

This is just a small sample of the changes. The vast majority of abilities have been changed, along with movement, jump jets, health values, etc.

Crafting and Resource Team

The crafting and resource team have finalized what resources will be available along with what each resource will do to equipment crafted with that item. This requires completely rebuilding the way we create equipment and has been a huge task for both the crafting team and the backend development team to make this system as dynamic as it needs to be. Now that this is finalized, we can start creating the new equipment so that it can be implemented in-game.

Battleframe Tiers & Constraints Team

Players no longer level up as they gain experience. Experience is now stored on a per-battleframe basis and can then be spent to unlock technology. The constraints system has been finalized to use three constraints; weight, power, and CPU. Battleframes provide weight, but take CPU and power. Backpacks provide power, but take CPU and weight. Battleframe servos provide CPU, but take power and weight. Abilities and modules require a mixture of all constraints. This provides a fairly complex system with a lot of room for customization. You really have to consider each and every thing you put on your battleframe.

The certificate system that you'll spend XP on is being built out along with the battleframe garage where you'll modify all your equipment (this replaces the Loadout Modification Station and player inventory). For right now, we are focused on developing a single tier of equipment and making sure everything in that tier is fully fleshed out with all the equipment, modules, abilities, etc. that a player would want.

eSports & Matchmaking Team

We've been able to implement open world duels in a one on one or squad on squad setup. We've also implemented the ability to challenge a full squad to a match on Sunken Harbor pitting team vs team in a private match. We've developed the ability to watch live and prerecorded PvP matches from inside the client. We've implemented the spectator mode and continue to improve the functionality for both casual observers as well as broadcasters that are looking for more advanced functionality. We have some cool stuff to show there, but want to save it for a bigger presentation.

We are working on matchmaking within a tier to use player-skill to determine matchups while also taking into consideration squads of all sizes. We have also implemented a deferred rewards system meaning that you only receive the XP and loot rewards at the end of a match, not during the match itself. This allows us to do things like XP bonuses for playing under played PvP maps or rewarding the best players on a team regardless of win or loss.

Character Customization

Lots of work is being done to open up our system to allow for more character customization like new hair styles, colors, etc. This is mostly backend work, but will get really exciting once we have the store front online.

Open World Dynamic Missions

We've rewritten the Chosen invasion code so that it works in the new system and allows for capture and recapture of cities. Work is now being done to make the entire war front more dynamic where you really have to pay attention to incursions and Chosen patrols in order to prevent these attacks. We've also done work on Thumper encounters to make them more dynamic and less predictable. In combination with the new resources you'll be hunting for, Thumpers should be a lot more enjoyable.

Trans Hub

Trans Hub is going through some revitalization and missions are being added around the area to tell more of the story. Still a lot of work to do here, but it's coming along quite well. The world builders have done even more to really spice up Trans Hub and make it feel more alive.

And much much more. There are multiple smaller teams that are working on stuff behind the scenes and even more work that is being done on off-hours from some really passionate people to make sure that we are making a kick-ass game. We still have a long ways to go and will probably be taking extra time to make sure to iterate on some of these designs before we get to the point where we're ready to release it.

As always, I have no specific dates for the release, but I will continue to keep you all updated as best as I can. Thanks for sticking around and helping us make this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    One of our programmers, Jon Olick, has been fascinated by computer vision and the possibility of making new types of gaming experiences. He took it upon himself to create an independent project called Firefall AR.

The total development time of this experiment was three weeks. It should be known that this is not a real game in development, but a prototype and experiment done as a side project, and not by Red 5 Studios.

The goal of the Augmented Reality project is the reproduce an unreleased Flash game created by one of our UI programmers, John Su, and make it look as realistic as possible. Jon has added more to the original game such as mosquitos that shoot poison clouds and power-ups that allow you to aim and target a satellite laser cannon with the camera. The laser cannon leaves a real crater that modifies the geometry of the world.

This technology aims to blur the lines between the real and the synthetic and showcases breath taking new rendering techniques for real-time augmented reality. Credit goes to Jon Olick (code), David Olick (code), Matthew Olick (art & sound), and Red 5 Studios (art & sound). Be sure to check out the video to see the action!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    February 2010
    7,896 Posts
    What is this magic?

39. Post #959
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

40. Post #960
    November 2008
    1,816 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)