1. Post #1
    November 2010
    77 Posts
    Well,I've been resently searching for a Windows 7 Theme For my XP and found this:
    http://tinkernut.com/forum/video-tut...like-windows-7
    And im wondering is it a good idea to instal it.i mean.....theres a tutorial too.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fejcb...1&feature=fvwp
    And um.....shoud i instal it,its just 18,4 MBs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2009
    445 Posts
    That's purely a matter of opinion, personally I would say don't install it as it's pointless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2009
    1,095 Posts
    I have a bad exprience with trying to decorate my WinXP. I figured the best thing is to just stay with the casual theme (or move to Win7).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,881 Posts
    I've got a better idea. It's a bit less complicated, more reliable, and you actually end up having windows 7.

Wanna hear it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 23Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2008
    3,199 Posts
    Go ahead. Back when I had XP I installed one of those themes. They are pretty decent.

6. Post #6
    March 2010
    84 Posts
    How do instal something anyhow

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,728 Posts
    How do instal something anyhow
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,335 Posts
    no its a virus that will allow hackers to move your mouse cursor

i know about this sort of thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2010
    1,062 Posts
    I'm using a Windows 7 Theme on my XP because I can't afford Windows 7. I also have a few other themes.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,111 Posts
    no matter what you do, you'll stop noticing it after a few days.

11. Post #11
    August 2007
    662 Posts
    Why don't you just install Windows 7? Then again, I guess I can't offer any suggestions as I don't theme anything. Stock installs ftw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    When I was 11 I had a Vista theme and thought I was so leet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2008
    1,321 Posts
    You could get the OEM copy, it's a bit less expensive for some reason(it comes with just the disc in a plastic DVD case w/ a little booklet, no fancy box or packaging).
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-754-_-Product
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2010
    2,547 Posts
    You could get the OEM copy, it's a bit less expensive for some reason(it comes with just the disc in a plastic DVD case w/ a little booklet, no fancy box or packaging).
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-754-_-Product
    It's a bit less expensive because you get ZERO support and the version that you buy is THE ONLY version on the disk. Don't ever buy OEM, I got screwed the last time I did that (XP Home SP3, had an epic fail, went to get support from Microsoft and it said "Your version of Windows appears to be an OEM version. Microsoft does not provide support for OEM versions of Windows. Please contact your OEM to receive support."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    This isn't a fascist society. Decide it on your own based on your own likings

16. Post #16
    XCV
    April 2010
    304 Posts
    Like this thread is a perfect opportunity to get some lulz from the OP and yet FP always takes these kinds of threads seriously.

Get a sense of humor people. I mean, the OP didn't even put a space after his periods.

17. Post #17
    September 2010
    179 Posts
    No you shouldn't. What you should do is buy Windows 7 Ultimate.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,893 Posts
    When I was 11 I had a Vista theme and thought I was so leet.
    When I was 11 I had Vista RC1 :smug:

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,756 Posts
    When I was 11, We only had Windows 98.

20. Post #20
    January 2010
    6,079 Posts
    When I was 11, We only had Windows 98.
    I had a 98 machine until not long ago..

How I regret throwing it out.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    How poor do you have to be to the extent where you can't pay for a $80 operating system? Seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    713 Posts
    I personally never installed XP themes when i had it. I found it rather pointless.

23. Post #23
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    It's a bit less expensive because you get ZERO support and the version that you buy is THE ONLY version on the disk. Don't ever buy OEM, I got screwed the last time I did that (XP Home SP3, had an epic fail, went to get support from Microsoft and it said "Your version of Windows appears to be an OEM version. Microsoft does not provide support for OEM versions of Windows. Please contact your OEM to receive support."
    "Don't ever buy OEM", what?

There no reason to ever buy anything except the OEM version of Windows. Microsoft support is useless anyway. Search for solutions to your problems yourself, that's what Google is for. Even if you plan on upgrading hardware you can call MS to get your key working again should it start bitching.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2010
    2,547 Posts
    "Don't ever buy OEM", what?

There no reason to ever buy anything except the OEM version of Windows. Microsoft support is useless anyway. Search for solutions to your problems yourself, that's what Google is for. Even if you plan on upgrading hardware you can call MS to get your key working again should it start bitching.
    This was for my parents, who barely know how to use the internet. I'd googled the problem already and found nothing on it, so I resorted (or tried to resort to) Microsoft support, only to get that. I'd prefer to have a backup like that then nothing at all.

But that's just me.

25. Post #25
    March 2010
    174 Posts
    If it hinders you in anyway in XP, then I would say NEGOTIVO.

26. Post #26
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,360 Posts
    So wait, you want a 10 year old operating system to look like one that came out last year? You need to get your brain checked, then throw out your computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,510 Posts
    So wait, you want a 10 year old operating system to look like one that came out last year? You need to get your brain checked, then throw out your computer.
    Keep in mind, that if the 99 in his name means what I think it does, he's only just older than Windows XP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2010
    19 Posts
    Depends on if your computer could run the theme.
    With RAM and everything...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)