1. Post #241
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,067 Posts
    Fuck I love this. My only gripe is the turning sensitivity, but I didn't check if I could turn it down. I feel like I hold the stick to the left and I do a 90 degree turn nearly instantly.

Edited:

Oh I agree with you completely. I love sitting down and playing a game next to a friend, but how many people actually do this now? Back before Xbox Live and Playstation Network it was a massive thing, but now not so much. I am not an export but I know a lot of games are opting out of having it so it must have a large enough impact on development to make them consider it.
    The development it has on impact is that they want more money. I pretty much only got the new NFS: Hot Pursuit because I was under the impression that it would have split screen. It doesn't and I'll probably try and sell it second hand at some point, since it was all I wanted to play it with.
    Local multiplayer is the only reason that I buy the WWE games. They're pretty bad games for the most part, but local multiplayer makes them so much more fun to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    I can't fucking wait for this to come out.

The demo isn't going to last me over a week, even though it's pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #243
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    Fuck I love this. My only gripe is the turning sensitivity, but I didn't check if I could turn it down. I feel like I hold the stick to the left and I do a 90 degree turn nearly instantly.
    Hold forwards on the left analogue stick like all the time, and then move it gently around to the side a little bit when you want to turn. It's still pretty sensitive but not too bad.

Also, this game is ridiculously forgiving, particularly compared to the other games. You can land pretty much on your face and stay on the board, and boost head-on into rocks and trick off them instead of crashing. I'm not sure whether I like that or not, I'd imagine it makes it more fun for the majority of people though. At least you get more freedom as to what to trick off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    Me and a friend of mine are having a hell of a competition going on in the trick event
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,872 Posts
    Jo The Shmo, you gave me a good laugh. Your reaction is what a lot of people are experiencing.

I have seen a lot of people complaining about no splitscreen around the web and then feeling happier once they realize how much work they used on the multiplayer features. It's almost like people forgot about the internet.
    I recognize that they have cool ideas for multiplayer but I'm still not very happy
    I'm probably not getting this game
    none of my friends have PS3's, and of the few who do, I doubt any of them are getting SSX
    as cool as the online features are, they just won't keep my interest for very long.
    I always loved SSX games for local multiplayer, and if it doesn't have local multiplayer I really don't think I'll enjoy it much

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    I recognize that they have cool ideas for multiplayer but I'm still not very happy
    I'm probably not getting this game
    none of my friends have PS3's, and of the few who do, I doubt any of them are getting SSX
    as cool as the online features are, they just won't keep my interest for very long.
    I always loved SSX games for local multiplayer, and if it doesn't have local multiplayer I really don't think I'll enjoy it much
    I could be your friend

Edited:

And I already have the game pre-ordered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    Yeah if people wanna play and that add me, I have it pre-ordered too so shall be playin' it up when it comes out

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    Yeah if people wanna play and that add me, I have it pre-ordered too so shall be playin' it up when it comes out
    Cool man, I added you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    April 2011
    2,772 Posts
    I can not wait till this game comes out.

Been wanting another SSX game for too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    To continue on N-12_adens thought, I have been looking for a game that gets back to the roots. Too much of gaming today is either really competitive or serious. I have been wanting a AAA title like SSX to make a return.

<--Also, feel free to add me on Xbox Live.

Edit:

I seen a video someone doing tricks while grinding. I just tried playing and could not figure out how to do it without the face buttons. Is this the only way? I thought the new layout was to make the game require no face buttons. Can someone explain?

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,547 Posts
    Ordered it :D Can't wait to play the full game. It's been fucking months since i actually got so excited for a videogame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    To continue on N-12_adens thought, I have been looking for a game that gets back to the roots. Too much of gaming today is either really competitive or serious. I have been wanting a AAA title like SSX to make a return.

<--Also, feel free to add me on Xbox Live.

Edit:

I seen a video someone doing tricks while grinding. I just tried playing and could not figure out how to do it without the face buttons. Is this the only way? I thought the new layout was to make the game require no face buttons. Can someone explain?
    Yeah, tapping or double-tapping the face buttons (besides the jump button obviously) makes you do grind tricks. Face buttons are also used for nose presses and tail presses whilst on the ground.

13. Post #253
    Original 300 elitist.
    January 2005
    2,162 Posts

/want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    I can't fucking wait for this, why does it have to be released on the 2nd :(

15. Post #255
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Well hotdamn. After the demo, the IGN review and actually trying out snowboarding myself a couple months ago I must say that I am so getting this!
    also dat soundtrack.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    Also Moby Jones 4lyfe

Edited:

Everyone that wants someone to play against when the game comes out, feel free to add me on PSN.

17. Post #257
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Footage of the Global Events multiplayer! I absolutely LOVE how it looks, if I'm not missing anything then I'm pretty sure this is basically Trackmania's multiplayer but with snowboards!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,823 Posts
    The demo is really, really fun. I have to buy this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #259
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Managed to score 10mil on the Trick track (albeit my friend has 13mil :()! Now just gotta get a really speedy time on the Race track!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Glad they didn't make it realistic. The demo is freaking awesome although I'm not as good at this game as I used to. But still, this game rules. If you need someone to try to beat your scores, add me on psn.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,583 Posts
    I feel like it's way too simplified and mass-marketed.

SSX Tricky was amazing, and this just seems like it's trying to hard. I can't quite explain it.

Maybe it'll grow on me but it seems too easy when the board gravitates to the ground and you can't crash unless you purposefully land on your head. The lack of consequence is a turn off. I feel like if I just mash buttons I do tricks and yippee for me. I know there's a system of grabbing and stuff but I'm flipping around so fast I can't tell what's going on. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's cool that it's really fast-pased though, I enjoyed the sense of speed even though it's a little hard to tell what's going on sometimes. Maybe I'll like it more when I can customize my characters or I feel like there's a reason I'm playing the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #262
    October 2010
    2,100 Posts
    Sucks that Eddie's exclusive to Gamestop pre-orders, still, I can't wait to get some of my music into the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,863 Posts
    The Global Events thing seems to work just like Trackmania, but with a more "drop in" style.

24. Post #264
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    Jealous for the people getting it in 3 days, gotta wait until friday in the UK.
    It's gonna be awesome though, no doubt. I spent like 2 hours on the demo and that was on 2/100something tracks, so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth!

Edited:

The Global Events thing seems to work just like Trackmania, but with a more "drop in" style.
    Yeah, I'm not sure whether I like the lack of proper 'direct' competition, but we'll see. Hopefully I'll warm to it - particularly if I amass a nice little friend list

25. Post #265
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,863 Posts
    Sucks that Eddie's exclusive to Gamestop pre-orders, still, I can't wait to get some of my music into the game.
    YOU CAN UPLOAD MUSIC FROM YOUR CONSOLE?!??!

All of my money. Can't wait to cruise down the mountain with these bad boys blaring:

26. Post #266
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    I will be playing this during the Survival tracks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Downloaded the demo with no expectations.

This game blew my mind, I played the game on the psp a few times. But this game is insanely fun and I will surely buy it on release. Also the survival mode sounds thrilling.

Besides I love snowboarding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,823 Posts
    I will be playing this during the Survival tracks
    That and the on-the-fly remix system = amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    October 2010
    2,392 Posts
    Which control-method do you guys use? Im using the buttons, but I may switch to the classic SSX controls...if only I could remember what the controls back in the PS2 era games were like.

30. Post #270
    February 2012
    335 Posts
    Been wanting another SSX for so long, played the demo and it has not let me down. Great great game!

Anyone know what songs are in the demo?

31. Post #271
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Been wanting another SSX for so long, played the demo and it has not let me down. Great great game!

Anyone know what songs are in the demo?
    The list of songs is on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/easportsssx?...14525638566553

I cannot wait to see what glowing armor and snowboards are like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Boo ya! After constantly re-dropping the damn Race track I finally managed to take 1st place in my entire friends list! 1:59:56 hell yeah! I would've gotten 1:58 but I got so excited and wiggled my joystick too much
    damn I feel so happy, now this is an accomplishment!
    2 hours well spent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Tuesday could not come sooner. This demo is great but I need MORE CONTENT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    1:59:56
    How the fuck?

The best I can get is 2:05.

Atleast I got 17 million on the trick it drop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Yeah, the Race It event is so damn hard. I always are a few seconds behind gold. Any tricks on how to complete the race?

I do tricks to refill my boost and usually just rush down the hill.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    Yeah, the Race It event is so damn hard. I always are a few seconds behind gold. Any tricks on how to complete the race?

I do tricks to refill my boost and usually just rush down the hill.
    It's about finding the fastest way down, there's some tunnels on the track that give you a huge advantage.

37. Post #277
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Yeah, I figured out that those tunnels are a pretty good shortcut but I always miss them because I am boarding to fast.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,572 Posts
    Glad they didn't make it realistic. The demo is freaking awesome although I'm not as good at this game as I used to. But still, this game rules. If you need someone to try to beat your scores, add me on psn.
    Added you.

Edited:

Yeah, I figured out that those tunnels are a pretty good shortcut but I always miss them because I am boarding to fast.
    Are you on PS3 or Xbox?

39. Post #279
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Xbox trisixxty

40. Post #280
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    It's about finding the fastest way down, there's some tunnels on the track that give you a huge advantage.
    The last tunnel, at about 500-700m from finish, is freaking OP when I started using it I knocked my times down from 2:17 to 2:05
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)