1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,372 Posts
    So the Multiplayer is basicly Trackmania? What about splitscreen though?!

2. Post #282
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    So the Multiplayer is basicly Trackmania? What about splitscreen though?!
    No splitscreen :(

My best time on Race is 2:05 too. I've always been better at the trick events though, I guess I just need more practice.

I'll add people on PSN who've preordered or are getting the game - if you next play before me though feel free to add me first. ID is ThisIsAntwon.

3. Post #283
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    No splitscreen :(

My best time on Race is 2:05 too. I've always been better at the trick events though, I guess I just need more practice.

I'll add people on PSN who've preordered or are getting the game - if you next play before me though feel free to add me first. ID is ThisIsAntwon.
    I like how local multiplayer is one of the things a lot of console players cite as a reason why consoles are superior to PCs, but fewer and fewer games these days do local co-op.

I couldn't find a single 4 player co-op racing game on Xbox. Nobody's made it in 7 years of the console being out!??

4. Post #284
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I like how local multiplayer is one of the things a lot of console players cite as a reason why consoles are superior to PCs, but fewer and fewer games these days do local co-op.

I couldn't find a single 4 player co-op racing game on Xbox. Nobody's made it in 7 years of the console being out!??
    You're right, even early games like Burnout Paradise had that Party Mode thing instead. I don't mind that much, I don't like playing with half a screen anyway.

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,127 Posts
    Tried the demo yesterday. That Tricky remix isn't as bad as I thought it would be. To sum my time in the demo:

"IT'S VERY COMPLICATED *does backflip Flying Squirrel over helicopter* AND WE DON'T QUIT"

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,214 Posts

That's because if you invite your friend, who doesn't own a console or the game, to play with you, they are basically playing the game for FREE (THE SAME AS PIRATING!!), thus the company will not get MORE MONEY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    We had 4 player splitscreen on horrifically grainy poor quality nintendo 64 and ps1 games where everything was blurry and you couldn't see shit.

So now that we have 1080p televisions and hi resolution graphics, the consoles can't handle splitscreen any more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    We had 4 player splitscreen on horrifically grainy poor quality nintendo 64 and ps1 games where everything was blurry and you couldn't see shit.

So now that we have 1080p televisions and hi resolution graphics, the consoles can't handle splitscreen any more?
    It's like that so they could sell more games.

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,400 Posts
    Dunno weather to buy it or not.. I can't get gold on the race track let alone beat the time I set the 3rd time I played it, I think it would piss me off after a while if I couldn't beat silver

10. Post #290
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    Dunno weather to buy it or not.. I can't get gold on the race track let alone beat the time I set the 3rd time I played it, I think it would piss me off after a while if I couldn't beat silver
    There are like 50 other race tracks you could get gold on ;)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,400 Posts
    Can only try your best I guess, I think I will plumet because the gameplay is epic

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    Can only try your best I guess, I think I will plumet because the gameplay is epic
    PS3 or Xbox?

I need people to compete with

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,400 Posts
    Xbox

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,583 Posts
    I got 16 Mil on Bulldog and 2:14 on JT2

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    Bugger :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

16. Post #296
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts

Alright. 2 hours later: I take the lead by 00:00:37 making it 1:59:56

Take a nap. Check messages.

son of a-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    The list of songs is on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/easportsssx?...14525638566553

I cannot wait to see what glowing armor and snowboards are like.
    May have just went through every one of those songs on Spotify I like and putting them all in a SSX playlist.

18. Post #298
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts

Alright. 2 hours later: I take the lead by 00:00:37 making it 1:59:56

Take a nap. Check messages.

son of a-
    According to Twitter someone got 1:42. Ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    According to Twitter someone got 1:42. Ridiculous.
    Holy shit, I'm struggling to get 2:04
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #300
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    Holy shit, I'm struggling to get 2:04
    I know right? That said, I don't really know the best route down. I think I need to start using those tunnels, the only one I take is the wide one on the left with a big kicker before it

21. Post #301
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    I still have my copy of tricky. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #302
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    I can get a 2:03 but I keep making mistakes.

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    I know right? That said, I don't really know the best route down. I think I need to start using those tunnels, the only one I take is the wide one on the left with a big kicker before it
    In the full game it'll be much easier to get that track under two minutes, seeing as you can get better gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #304
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I'm rather looking forward to all the gear and stuff, I wonder how much it'll affect stats. Mac flips ridiculously quickly as it is.

Also, I know this is a minor point but I think the whole Geotag thing is awesome and I am really excited about carving around mountains picking them up and effectively playing hide-and-seek on snowboards

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    I'm rather looking forward to all the gear and stuff, I wonder how much it'll affect stats. Mac flips ridiculously quickly as it is.

Also, I know this is a minor point but I think the whole Geotag thing is awesome and I am really excited about carving around mountains picking them up and effectively playing hide-and-seek on snowboards
    It's awesome to have a kind of unlimited collectible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Near the beginning of the track there's a railroad under which there are two red pipes (middle and right) and a normal path on the left. Follow the path, it'll then have a little path on the left side going up which will then lead you to a MASSIVE drop going straight to the round tunnel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    October 2010
    2,100 Posts
    I just went through one of the rail tunnels at 300km/h while spinning in Uber mode.
    I feel kind of dizzy

28. Post #308
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Is there a point were your tricky just dies no matter what? There have been times were I am going along just find doing tricks and it just drops.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,598 Posts
    So I put my opinion that I think it's simplified and easy and possibly too fast, any reason why that's dumb?

Should I give it another go? It just seemed impossible to crash unless you try since the board gravitates to the ground.

30. Post #310
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Is there a point were your tricky just dies no matter what? There have been times were I am going along just find doing tricks and it just drops.
    You probably clipped the wall/ground but you didn't even notice as it was that much of a close encounter, happened to me plenty 'o times

31. Post #311
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    So I put my opinion that I think it's simplified and easy and possibly too fast, any reason why that's dumb?

Should I give it another go? It just seemed impossible to crash unless you try since the board gravitates to the ground.
    You seem to think that SSX should be the Skate of snowboarding.(try being really realistic) SSX at its core was always fast pace and crazy and now there is hardware that can handle it's vision.

Your complaint about it being too easy because your borard gravitates toward the ground is also kind of empty because your board only does that if you stop rotating/tricking. Anyone who is capable of playing SSX will probably not use that feature because it cuts off score; at most it is to help beginners get adjusted.

Lastly, about not being able to crash. I would assume that the idea behind making it easier to stay on your board is not to try and make the game easier but to keep the game going fast. It's punishment enough to lose your combo or speed from making a bad decision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,750 Posts
    I played all the SSX games on PS2 and they're some of my favourite games for several reasons, but I don't have a console so I can't play the new game.

Glorious PC gaming master race isn't always so glorious :(

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    4 days left for Europeans!

Edited:

And my vacation starts on Friday!

34. Post #314
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,226 Posts
    Wasen't this supposed to have a PC release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    Wasen't this supposed to have a PC release?
    No, it wasn't ever supposed to.

Where'd you get such information?

36. Post #316
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,226 Posts
    No, it wasn't ever supposed to.

Where'd you get such information?

dunno
    maybe just my mind playing me

:sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    4 days left for Europeans!

Edited:

And my vacation starts on Friday!
    Lucky. I'll probably be stuck playing the demo till Easter or something :(

38. Post #318
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    You seem to think that SSX should be the Skate of snowboarding.(try being really realistic) SSX at its core was always fast pace and crazy and now there is hardware that can handle it's vision.

Your complaint about it being too easy because your borard gravitates toward the ground is also kind of empty because your board only does that if you stop rotating/tricking. Anyone who is capable of playing SSX will probably not use that feature because it cuts off score; at most it is to help beginners get adjusted.

Lastly, about not being able to crash. I would assume that the idea behind making it easier to stay on your board is not to try and make the game easier but to keep the game going fast. It's punishment enough to lose your combo or speed from making a bad decision.
    Yeah, as I found out yesterday, it is really very possible to screw up runs, and you can definitely be punished for mistakes. It's not so bad when you're just playing casually, but when you really go for it every millisecond of error means a lot.

Edited:

Also thanks for the various friend requests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    So the demo... is it just those 2 events, the trick it and race events? Like you don't unlock anything more in the demo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,624 Posts
    So the demo... is it just those 2 events, the trick it and race events? Like you don't unlock anything more in the demo?
    It's a demo, what did you expect?