1. Post #361
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    2 days til the release in europe.

Fuuck.
    Just saw the game in the shelves at my local gamestore.

2. Post #362
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    Just saw the game in the shelves at my local gamestore.
    We're they selling them, or just on display? When I was working at gamestop we displayed games coming out, but we're able to sell them until release even though we had them in store.

3. Post #363
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    Mine got dispached earlier today 1st class, should be here tomorrow.

4. Post #364
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    5,647 Posts
    SSX Tricky had a great soundtrack. I really like the soundtrack for SSX 2012 too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    SSX Tricky had a great soundtrack. I really like the soundtrack for SSX 2012 too.
    I love how the music freezes and skips back when you are grinding long rails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts
    My copy just got sent in the mail.

It'll be here on Friday.

OH GOD I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT I NEED MY SSX.

7. Post #367
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    Mine got sent out today from Game.
    Hoping on tomorrow (unlikely) but if not friday's fine with me too

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,031 Posts
    Thinking of going to Gamestop and preordering tomorrow so I can buy it on friday

9. Post #369
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    This game is indeed challenging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    January 2012
    77 Posts
    yeah this trick shit is hard as hell but it's pretty fun

11. Post #371
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    yeah this trick shit is hard as hell but it's pretty fun
    Trick It is all about keeping TRICKY and finding a line to maximize the points. Learning the lines are the difficult part.

12. Post #372
    June 2009
    478 Posts
    The race event in the Himalayas where you have to deal with oxygen is SO frustrating. You have to deal with
    -Staying in first
    -Hitting the boost button constantly
    -Doing tricks as much as possible for tricky
    -Constantly pressing the oxygen button, with the low-oxygen vision effects making it hard to see
    -Patagonia-like crevasses in the middle of the track
    and I can't memorize where the shortcut that saves 20 seconds is on the track, or if the jump I'm about to go off of to get more boost is the one that goes right off a cliff that I've died on 15 times.

Also, I wish that if you joined a global event, any run you later do on that drop would be counted as a score for that event. I did the Serenity global event with a ton of players and now doing that run in World Tour against Griff I was better by more than 4 million points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    The race event in the Himalayas where you have to deal with oxygen is SO frustrating. You have to deal with
    -Staying in first
    -Hitting the boost button constantly
    -Doing tricks as much as possible for tricky
    -Constantly pressing the oxygen button, with the low-oxygen vision effects making it hard to see
    -Patagonia-like crevasses in the middle of the track
    and I can't memorize where the shortcut that saves 20 seconds is on the track, or if the jump I'm about to go off of to get more boost is the one that goes right off a cliff that I've died on 15 times.
    I found it easy, not hard to hit RB every 10 seconds.

14. Post #374
    June 2009
    478 Posts
    I found it easy, not hard to hit RB every 10 seconds.
    It was extremely hard for me to do it when I was trying to do big tricks for Tricky, hold onto the boost button, look for jumps and attempt to remember which ones don't go off cliffs, and not forget to go in the shortcut that Elise always takes and gets 20 seconds ahead of you if you don't. The actual Deadly Descent I did on my first try.

15. Post #375
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    It was hard for me also and then Elisa just disappears on me and ends up like 14 seconds ahead of me. I had it happened 4-5 times in a row and still have no idea which way she goes.

16. Post #376
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    Mine arrived this morning, loving it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    October 2010
    988 Posts
    Well, I'm glad There's a custom playlist option for this game, way too much dubstep for me.
    Also I think I'm on the final slope, really fucking hard.

18. Post #378
    June 2009
    478 Posts
    It was hard for me also and then Elisa just disappears on me and ends up like 14 seconds ahead of me. I had it happened 4-5 times in a row and still have no idea which way she goes.
    There's a huge tunnel shortcut that she always takes. It's just a little after the end of one of the mid-track crevasses.

19. Post #379
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I was hoping hard for it to be in my postbox today; sadly not the case.
    Oh well, it'll be here tomorrow

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,031 Posts
    Bought it today; It's fuckin' amazing.

21. Post #381
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,361 Posts
    The final level in the world tour is fucking hard.

22. Post #382
    October 2010
    988 Posts
    The final slope is fucking crazy.
    Reminds me of the mountain from the grinch that stole christmas.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,031 Posts
    The slopes where you can fall down on the side are so hard, like the ice one with the ice picks and such for example! Especially since I keep starting over whenever I make a mistake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,998 Posts
    Should be getting this from lovefilm tommorow hopefully.

How's the "import your own music which gets remixed on the fly" thing? Does it actually work as advertised?

25. Post #385
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,144 Posts
    I don't need Xbox Live Gold to use Ridernet do I? It ran out a week ago and I like the money to get it after pre-purchasing SSX :(.

26. Post #386
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    Assuming no-one I know is going out tomorrow night (in which case I shall be obliged to join them) I fully intend to play this from 5pm to 3am (with breaks of course - stay healthy kids)

27. Post #387
    Relinquere omnes seductiones imperium
    October 2007
    618 Posts
    I got my copy today (Europe). It's amazing.
    The final drop man, I lost some years of my life on that one.

Is there a list of FP players yet?
    Would be fun shredding some slopes with you guys!

28. Post #388
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    There's no specific list as such, but people've been adding others occasionally. I'm ThisIsAntwon on PSN.

Maybe we should set up a little list - there must be a good 4-5 people that've added me on PSN and presumably some have the Xbox version too

29. Post #389
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    So, everyone's loving this?

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,398 Posts
    I love when you land in tricky mode and the whole ground does like a wave thing, the tricky remix along with the whole ground smash is amazing.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts
    I haven't received mine yet.

The mail usually doesn't come til 9 am normally, BUT I'VE GOT SCHOOL.

32. Post #392
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I have it I have it!
    I have to leave for my seminar at 2:45 but am tempted to play it for a bit anyway

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts
    I'm about to leave school, get home, crack open a coke vanilla and enjoy the hell out of this game.

34. Post #394
    February 2011
    2,116 Posts
    I played for about 45 minutes and thought I was the shit until I failed to get gold on the tree course, which is like the 3rd run you do.
    It's really good though, looking forward to playing it when I get back at about 5.

Saying that, I've been informed 'everyone' is going to some Ministry of Sound club night and I'm probably supposed to go with them. Dammit.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts
    I played for about 45 minutes and thought I was the shit until I failed to get gold on the tree course, which is like the 3rd run you do.
    It's really good though, looking forward to playing it when I get back at about 5.

Saying that, I've been informed 'everyone' is going to some Ministry of Sound club night and I'm probably supposed to go with them. Dammit.
    Trying to beat your time right now

Edited:

It seems I got Eddie as my pre-order bonus.

I'm okay with this.

36. Post #396
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,830 Posts
    Just picked it up, loving it so far.

Going to get a pile of classical music to use in it just to see what the remix function does to it.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts

Going to get a pile of classical music to use in it just to see what the remix function does to it.
    PS3 or Xbox?

I need people to compete with.

38. Post #398
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts

Already have all of Mozart's symphonies waiting till I actually get the game :smug:

39. Post #399
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,830 Posts
    Already have all of Mozart's symphonies waiting till I actually get the game :smug:
    I have the complete top 101 symphonic tracks that my friend lent me, I also have the complete spyro OSTs aand SSX3/Burnout 3 OSTs.

PS3 or Xbox?

I need people to compete with.
    PS3

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,616 Posts
    Add me.

<---
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)