1. Post #561

October 2009
    25 Posts
    ey. i love this tool. it is my one and only. here you go, i made some movies. here's my newest one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #562
    July 2011
    8 Posts
    try making the ghost invisible.
    How?

3. Post #563
    June 2011
    1,743 Posts
    Press x (or what ever you binded for hat menu),look at the top of the menu you will see 3 tabs go to the next tab turn ghost transparency to 0,now you should not have lua errors spamming your console or a distracting t posed ghost but animating will be a little harder cause you don't have a ghost,but it wasn't usefull for you any ways you will get the hang of it.Hope i helped.

4. Post #564
    July 2011
    8 Posts
    Press x (or what ever you binded for hat menu),look at the top of the menu you will see 3 tabs go to the next tab turn ghost transparency to 0,now you should not have lua errors spamming your console or a distracting t posed ghost but animating will be a little harder cause you don't have a ghost,but it wasn't usefull for you any ways you will get the hang of it.Hope i helped.
    Sorry but i don't have the option to make ghost invisible... is it possible? :|

5. Post #565

July 2011
    24 Posts
    i've run into a couple of problems. for one thing,every so often i run across this when trying to play or render animations that involve faceposing:

Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [addons\henrysanimationtools\lua\autorun\server\hat _server.lua:211] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'CurTime' (a nil value)

ive also run into a sort of "keyframe jumping problem( also faceposing related), a video of which i will post later. (it's still uploading to youtube right now)

does anyone know if this is a common problem?

PS this is for Version 4, revision 40 (of the SVN)

6. Post #566

July 2011
    24 Posts
    Here's the video of that problem i mentioned earlier. if you look hard enough, you'll notice that the animation is "jumping" from the second to third frame. this is also happening in longer animations, this video being only an example. this also seems to happen regardless of the speed and/or settings. is this an old problem, or cause for an update?

7. Post #567
    July 2011
    8 Posts
    Maybe because you set the speed "start fast, slow down" in those 2 frames. You can see it from the video, on the right of the HAT menu

8. Post #568

July 2011
    24 Posts
    Maybe because you set the speed "start fast, slow down" in those 2 frames. You can see it from the video, on the right of the HAT menu
    perhaps for that particular case. but this kind of thing has happened at slower speeds and other settings as well. if i can manage to duplicate the problem, i'll whip up a clearer vid.

EDIT

Here is a vid containing a much clearer case of the problem

as you can see, it "jumps" every few frames. also, it keeps trying to return to the "start position" instead of flowing to the next pose. i ask again, is this problem common, or is it time for another update?

EDIT!!

i did some digging, and the problem becomes less prevalent at higher speeds. still, this is something that should be adressed i think.

9. Post #569

July 2011
    24 Posts
    Sorry to have a triple post going here, but i just thought you might like to see my first legitimate HAT creation!!
    (i know the vid moves a bit quick and gets a bit sloppy at times, but this was a "learn as you go" experience for me.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    July 2010
    1,728 Posts
    its hive tyrant, not swarm lord.

In other news, that was pretty good.
    I shall make my own

11. Post #571
    June 2011
    1,743 Posts
    Sorry but i don't have the option to make ghost invisible... is it possible? :|
    img
    It should be possible.What HAT version do you have?

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,497 Posts
    Here's the video of that problem i mentioned earlier. if you look hard enough, you'll notice that the animation is "jumping" from the second to third frame. this is also happening in longer animations, this video being only an example. this also seems to happen regardless of the speed and/or settings. is this an old problem, or cause for an update?

I get the same problem, but only sometimes. I can't determine why it does, or does not happen. I know that having the faceposer tool open while cycling frames causes issues, but I'm pretty careful about that,

its hive tyrant, not swarm lord.

In other news, that was pretty good.
    I shall make my own

No, that is a Swarm Lord. Looks similar to the Tyrant though.

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    i've run into a couple of problems. for one thing,every so often i run across this when trying to play or render animations that involve faceposing:

Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [addons\henrysanimationtools\lua\autorun\server\hat _server.lua:211] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'CurTime' (a nil value)

ive also run into a sort of "keyframe jumping problem( also faceposing related), a video of which i will post later. (it's still uploading to youtube right now)

does anyone know if this is a common problem?

PS this is for Version 4, revision 40 (of the SVN)
    I'm rummaging through the code, but that error seems to be technically impossible unless either CurTime was overwritten or hanim.CurTime was overwritten.

14. Post #574
    July 2011
    8 Posts
    It should be possible.What HAT version do you have?
    HAT 4 Beta

15. Post #575
    June 2011
    1,743 Posts
    HAT 4 Beta
    Did you delete HAT 3 beta before copying?.If so then i have no idea whats going on.Check if there's any lua errors if so ask Hentie he might know.

16. Post #576
    July 2011
    8 Posts
    Did you delete HAT 3 beta before copying?
    Yes...
    How can i see lua errors?

17. Post #577
    June 2011
    1,743 Posts
    Yes...
    How can i see lua errors?
    in the console they are usually red or yellow (sorry if i am wrong havent played in a while)

18. Post #578
    July 2011
    116 Posts
    I love this tool! It's the most useful tool available so far. But unfortunately, it causes a lot of lua errors for me.

19. Post #579
    Swanky Badger Films
    January 2011
    54 Posts
    I love this tool! It's the most useful tool available so far. But unfortunately, it causes a lot of lua errors for me.
    It has always spammed errors for me if I have the flashlight on. They do no harm though.
    Is this the same for you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #580
    July 2011
    116 Posts
    It has always spammed errors for me if I have the flashlight on. They do no harm though.
    Is this the same for you?
    I don't know if that is my case, but I'll analyse soon and will be posting here.
    Anyway, thanks for the advice.

21. Post #581

August 2011
    9 Posts
    ok for some reason it says that i got a nil value for GetBoneCount. HALP btw i didnt read this thread through so yaa call me lazy

22. Post #582
    August 2011
    204 Posts
    Question. With this "Big Update" for Gmod coming in the near future, do you think the tool will work after this change? Or is it too early to tell? And if it breaks are you willing to fix it?

BTW This is the most amazing tool ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #583
    August 2008
    30 Posts
    I'm sure there will be no problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    New animation structure, adapted to everyone's suggestion of separate time-lines.

This is an ingame screenshot, not a mockup (although the names for the bones and models are just placeholders).

Posted here in case anyone missed the WAYWO thread.

Since I'm totally rebuilding the core and gui, HAT Beta 5 will remain closed beta. Hopefully after the closed beta, HAT can finally squeeze out of beta into an actual bug-free release.

I know a ton of people have been waiting for a physical update, and I hope to crank one out soon. The reason for the lack of bug fixes for HAT Beta 4 is because of the work I'm doing on the new version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 5 (list)

25. Post #585
    March 2011
    2 Posts
    ok, i have a question that would be incredibly helpful for me. can i run an animation im making straight from console. im trying to sync up the animation with the background music, and i need it as good as possible because im using this for my senior project. so im trying to run the music and animation straight from an e2. so is that possible? and if it is, then what is the console command to run it.

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    ok, i have a question that would be incredibly helpful for me. can i run an animation im making straight from console. im trying to sync up the animation with the background music, and i need it as good as possible because im using this for my senior project. so im trying to run the music and animation straight from an e2. so is that possible? and if it is, then what is the console command to run it.
    You can't do that in Windows Movie Maker or any free movie editing software?
    I mean, you can if you have wiremod. There's an entity that lets you control what frame plays when for wiremod.

27. Post #587
    April 2011
    5,437 Posts
    God damn, this is brilliant! The ghost can be confusing at times though, I was trying to facepose and the eyes were showing, but that was just the ghosts ones coming through :/

Also do you plan on fixing the Selector tool to show it's own description instead of the Localizer's one.

28. Post #588
    Artist, Moral Nihilist , Sexual deviant and suspected drug abuser.
    September 2011
    332 Posts
    I downloaded the BETA 4 version and installed it sucessfully, however I can't animate anything. I keep getting this LUA error:

Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [lua\entities\hanim_thread\init.lua:195] attempt to index field '?' (a nil va

It happens everytime I posed a ragdoll in more than 1 frame and tried to play the animation. After that, I can't add frames, play animation, or do anythig on the menu.
    Nothing happens!

Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT:

Re-installed GMOD and it seemed to "fix" the LUA error so far; but when I animate a ragdoll, it often gets invisible and only the green wire things are showing. When I stop the animation, the ragdoll is visible again.

Edit edit:

New LUA errors-

[@lua\autorun\server\hat_server.lua:181] Tried to use a NULL entity!
    [@lua\autorun\server\hat_server.lua:169] Tried to use a NULL entity!
    [lua\entities\hanim_thread\cl_init.lua:41] attempt to index field 'anim' (a nil value)
    [@lua\entities\hanim_thread\cl_init.lua:41] Tried to use a NULL entity!

And now the Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [lua\entities\hanim_thread\init.lua:195] attempt to index field '?' (a nil va is back and I cannot do anything anymore.

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,039 Posts
    Why does the svn link show more files than what I see in the download?

30. Post #590

September 2011
    3 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ovWWoH3nY A thing I did with HAT please watch and rate and can someone tell me how to post it in this thread?

Edited:

Heres my video

Edited:

I found out how to post it in the thread

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,497 Posts
    Hentie, this is looking really cool. I can't wait to try out your newest version. I animate in 3dmax mostly, but getting shit in-game is a pain in the ass.

32. Post #592
    June 2011
    1,743 Posts
    I say work on the fight scenes a little bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Pakistan Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #593
    Artist, Moral Nihilist , Sexual deviant and suspected drug abuser.
    September 2011
    332 Posts
    Apparantly, the LUA error "Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [lua\entities\hanim_thread\init.lua:195] attempt to index field '?' (a nil va" appears when I have a frame added, which doesn't have a ragdoll posed in after pushing the record button or so. Then it doesn't know what to play and it fucks up. Occasionally it goes away after clicking multiple times on random menu buttons, but only 40-50% of the time. Kinda random.

Other than that, I have been experimenting around with the saver tool. And in the beginning it showed some LUA errors when trying to load an animation into the same ragdoll, and it didn't work, but now it aparrantly does. I don't know if loading an animation into a different ragdoll is supposed to work, but it doesn't with mine, yet.

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    Apparantly, the LUA error "Hook 'HAT_Think' Failed: [lua\entities\hanim_thread\init.lua:195] attempt to index field '?' (a nil va" appears when I have a frame added, which doesn't have a ragdoll posed in after pushing the record button or so. Then it doesn't know what to play and it fucks up. Occasionally it goes away after clicking multiple times on random menu buttons, but only 40-50% of the time. Kinda random.

Other than that, I have been experimenting around with the saver tool. And in the beginning it showed some LUA errors when trying to load an animation into the same ragdoll, and it didn't work, but now it aparrantly does. I don't know if loading an animation into a different ragdoll is supposed to work, but it doesn't with mine, yet.
    I believe that was an error that I didn't catch in the non-SVN release.

35. Post #595
    September 2011
    97 Posts
    I tried to make a simple animation, when I tried to render, I got this error message:
    Code:
    Hook 'HAT_think' Failed: [addons\henrysanimationtools\lua\autorun\hat_server,lua:210] attempt to
    perform arithmatic on field 'CurTime' (a nil value)
    Recording to Lunatest.dem...
    I'm not sure what's wrong here, the animation wouldn't play and it seems to have unbinded the key for the panel (x key) and can no longer access it in the current game.

And my copy of gmod is legal and I never messed with any internal lua stuff.

Edit: Tried replacing some of the files from the SVN, it didn't help but changed the error slightly, the value lua: 210 changed to 211.

I really would like to get this to work.

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    I tried to make a simple animation, when I tried to render, I got this error message:
    Code:
    Hook 'HAT_think' Failed: [addons\henrysanimationtools\lua\autorun\hat_server,lua:210] attempt to
    perform arithmatic on field 'CurTime' (a nil value)
    Recording to Lunatest.dem...
    I'm not sure what's wrong here, the animation wouldn't play and it seems to have unbinded the key for the panel (x key) and can no longer access it in the current game.

And my copy of gmod is legal and I never messed with any internal lua stuff.

Edit: Tried replacing some of the files from the SVN, it didn't help but changed the error slightly, the value lua: 210 changed to 211.

I really would like to get this to work.
    Get the full SVN using tortoise SVN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    September 2011
    97 Posts
    I'm a noob so, how would I go about doing that?

Nvm, just figured it out now out of boredom induced tinkering -3-

It still gives me the error though, same one. Ill try to reinstall gmod later but that didnt appear to work for the other guy.

38. Post #598

October 2011
    1 Posts
    I'm new to Garry's Mod and I really love this tool, but I have one question. Is there a way to separate body animation keyframes from face animation keyframes? The problem I face right now is when I want to move the body and face at the same time. Example: Moving a limb for 1 second, but only wanting the facial expression to last for 0.4 seconds.

I'd be very thankful for any help.

39. Post #599

September 2011
    721 Posts
    If non else has suggested i want to suggest if its possible at all to have multiple layers of animations , so you could animate two things in 2-3 diffrent layers so they dont have to rely on the frames of the one timeline.

This is just a suggestion of course

Also your tool was very usefull in the creation of this :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #600

July 2011
    580 Posts
    my version is broken. You are not able to add keyframes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)