1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,144 Posts
    Huh? From what I read, they may just James Bond the Iron Man franchise. Ex, keep replacing the actor

2. Post #642
    Wanted to see Natalie portman in the movie

[tab]naked[/tab]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #643
    October 2011
    30 Posts
    Also Black Widow will not feature in Iron Man 3.

But in some really good news, Marvel said as soon as Robert Downy Jr stops being Iron Man (Most likely after Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2) they will not make any more movies. They don't want it to turn out like Batman or Spiderman where they just reboot it with different actors.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58710

They're gonna james bond it, carry it on replacing the guy so they can continue their universe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,979 Posts
    Oh lawdy my source is wrong...

Well anyway, that's a godawful idea. It's like how they want to reboot the Batman franchise after Nolans movies are done. Robert Downy Jr is just too good to be replaced!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,311 Posts
    the avengers was a very satisfying movie, i enjoyed it thoroughly.

the 3d in the theatre i saw it it was a bit broken though, like they hadn't turned it on properly or something.

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,027 Posts
    So did anybody else stay till after the main credits .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #647
    June 2011
    2,912 Posts
    I've seen the movie and it was amazing! The music, the dialogue,
    the humour, the action scenes. Everything was incredible.

Pure nerdgasm through the whole movie. Seriously,
    this is one of the best Superhero movies ever made.
    It has exceeded my expectations. No wonder it gets such great reviews.

A must-see.

Oh yes. Marvel taught me this.

8. Post #648
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,977 Posts
    Also Black Widow will not feature in Iron Man 3.

But in some really good news, Marvel said as soon as Robert Downy Jr stops being Iron Man (Most likely after Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2) they will not make any more movies. They don't want it to turn out like Batman or Spiderman where they just reboot it with different actors.
    Aw that's good.

Though I do think the new Peter Parker looks great and I like Bales Batman.

I'd just want all the companies to be friends so we can have Spiderman in Avengers next time. Every few seconds I was thinking "I wish Spiderman was fighting with these guys".

I can dream

Edited:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58710

They're gonna james bond it, carry it on replacing the guy so they can continue their universe
    Shit no.

I'd rather have Iron Man get grey and look old than loose him. I think a story about an ageing hero would be awesome.

Edited:

I saw on opening day. The whole fucking theatre stayed. Nobody moved.

Then there was discussion all over the place as to what they just saw. I heard a few excited whispers of people who clearly knew what was going on. I heard one deluded and wrong person say "Red skull?"

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,926 Posts
    I really can't imagine Iron Man as anyone other than RDJ now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

10. Post #650
    May 2010
    868 Posts
    I really can't imagine Iron Man as anyone other than RDJ now.
    Iron Man pretty much means sarcastic, self obsessed hero now.

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,979 Posts
    The cool 3D graphics credits    Where afterward it showed the new bad guy?   

Or the normal white credits on black background?

12. Post #652
    May 2010
    868 Posts
    Still shattered that    Son of Coul died, i really hope he survived some how, he was such a good character and Clark Gregg really played him well, it would be such a disappointment to see him go and both he and Joss Whedon confirmed he would survive...   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    yeah i mean I thought the actor was in talks for Iron Man 3... maybe we were lied to.

14. Post #654
    January 2008
    6,422 Posts
    Just saw it,

holy fuck.

That was amazing. Also we stayed after the 3D credits    Who was that bad guy?    and was there anything after the b&w credits?

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,361 Posts
    Still shattered that    Son of Coul died, i really hope he survived some how, he was such a good character and Clark Gregg really played him well, it would be such a disappointment to see him go and both he and Joss Whedon confirmed he would survive...   
    Perhaps Fury lied about his death to give the avengers something to avenge, like he lied about the captain america cards.

Just saw it,

holy fuck.

That was amazing. Also we stayed after the 3D credits    Who was that bad guy?    and was there anything after the b&w credits?
    I think it's    Thanos   

Edited:

Oh and words cannot describe the pure awesome of the scene where    The Hulk beats the shit out of Loki in the stark tower, and the Loki is just lying there with that "holy fucking shit" expression on his face while hulks like "puny god"    Everyone in the cinema was laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,759 Posts
    I like to think that he'll just show up in Iron Man 3 and act like nothing happened at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,556 Posts
    this movie was awesome, 9/10

scarlett johanssons butt in this movie was even better, 15/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,426 Posts
       Iron Man falling down, almost hitting those people on the street, and flying back up to Loki:
    "Now you've angered one more. His name was Phil." 

It was brilliant.

19. Post #659
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,707 Posts
       The most awesome moment was probably when Hulk smashed Loki into the floor several times and Loki was all like "ughhhh.."

Puny God. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,371 Posts
    Just finished watching it in a local cinema, one of he best movies I've ever seen. Unfortunately I didn't get i watch the credits since a friend needed to go to toilet badly and didn't know where it was. Can I get a spoiler of what the credits show?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #661
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,695 Posts
    just saw it tonight, was fucking brilliant!

unfortunately we didn't stay till the post-credits scene, does anyone have a link for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #662
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    I saw this today and thought it was a very solid flick. The inclusion of several super-heroes brought in a lot of grey in the otherwise black and white superhero-genre, and the dialog going on between them was generally well-written and funny. The action was good, and had me go "woaw!" a couple of times.

Also, the audience- was totally wack. They laughed at like all the jokes. Even those who one could see coming a mile away. At the point the Norwegian city Tromsų was mentioned- loud laughter. But, the wackest thing was how they applauded the film's characters whenever they did something really awesome. At times it got really out of hand. It was like watching a sitcom- canned laughter and all. A scene could have opened with the Seinfeld jingle and it would have felt completely normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,144 Posts

I think it's    Thanos   
    Why is this not spoiler tagged?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    The Avengers was much better than I was expecting.    I think it was interesting how Ironman almost sacrificed himself, it seemed similar to what Captain America did at the end of his film.    I have to say I'm annoyed at Edward Norton for not appearing in this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,794 Posts
    Saw it a few days ago. I take back everything I ever said about 3D movies, I really enjoyed it.

Also Scarlett Johanssons ass in 3D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #666
    June 2011
    2,912 Posts
    I've just read that they have cut around 30-40 minutes for the cinema version of the movie.
    Is there a possibility that we will get an extended version like the Lord of the Rings movies?

27. Post #667
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    The Avengers was much better than I was expecting.    I think it was interesting how Ironman almost sacrificed himself, it seemed similar to what Captain America did at the end of his film.    I have to say I'm annoyed at Edward Norton for not appearing in this.
    The Great White Ruffalo is 100x better than Edward Norton.

Just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,635 Posts
    I saw this today and thought it was a very solid flick. The inclusion of several super-heroes brought in a lot of grey in the otherwise black and white superhero-genre, and the dialog going on between them was generally well-written and funny. The action was good, and had me go "woaw!" a couple of times.

Also, the audience- was totally wack. They laughed at like all the jokes. Even those who one could see coming a mile away. At the point the Norwegian city Tromsų was mentioned- loud laughter. But, the wackest thing was how they applauded the film's characters whenever they did something really awesome. At times it got really out of hand. It was like watching a sitcom- canned laughter and all. A scene could have opened with the Seinfeld jingle and it would have felt completely normal.
    That happened when I saw Thor. Except that was at Glastonbury Festival so everyone was drunk or on drugs.

29. Post #669
    December 2009
    4,845 Posts
       Who was that bad guy?   
       Thanos   

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,745 Posts
    The movie was good. I don't know if it was the best movie I have ever seen, but it was really good. What's this shit about Ed Norton. I'll take Ruffalo any day over that dude.     the part where he showed up riding a dingy motorcycle and turned into Hulk at will was so good     And the end, where     Stark almost pulled a Captain America mirroring the talk about taking one for the team    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,794 Posts

When I saw it there was this guy sitting in front of me and my friends, he would laugh at EVERYTHING, be it a joke or not. When Iron Man was laying on the ground unconscious after putting the nuke into space, the whole cinema was dead silent... Except for this motherfucker who started laughing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #672
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,235 Posts
    I have just watched Thor for the first time (so I could enjoy The Avengers more). Is it bad thing that I like Loki more than Thor? I mean, Thor is just a muscle with a hammer, and Loki is smart and sexy. Great villian, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

33. Post #673
    October 2011
    30 Posts
    I've just read that they have cut around 30-40 minutes for the cinema version of the movie.
    Is there a possibility that we will get an extended version like the Lord of the Rings movies?
    Saw an interview with Joss Whedon awhile ago saying he wants to get everything he cut onto that DvD can't remember where i saw it but if i find it i'll give it to you :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #674
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,759 Posts
    I have just watched Thor for the first time (so I could enjoy The Avengers more). Is it bad thing that I like Loki more than Thor? I mean, Thor is just a muscle with a hammer, and Loki is smart and sexy. Great villian, really.
    I thought that, but he turns into a full on cunt in the Avengers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #675
    January 2008
    6,422 Posts
    I like that    CA mentioned Stark would never sacrifice himself for the team, but twice he did it. The Helicarrier engines and the nuke. I also got a slight tear in my eye when Stark couldn't call Pepper to say goodbye. They did that scene really well.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

36. Post #676
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts

Just sayin'.
    I suppose, but I hate it when actors change between sequels.

37. Post #677
    December 2009
    4,845 Posts
    I love Loki in the movies, I never liked him in the comics though.

38. Post #678
    January 2009
    1,600 Posts
    I still find it weird that the guy playing The Hulk is the same guy who was in Collateral. He looks so different

39. Post #679
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,055 Posts

Just sayin'.
    i think ruffalo was a good choice because he's the first one to actually look like a human version of the hulk. similar facial features. even though the hulk totally looks like a chiseled, indian dude. but it's closer than bana and norton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,361 Posts
    For those who didn't see the credits:

basically in the place where all the bad guys came from, you hear the blue faced guy Loki was talking with talking to some guy about how the humans weren't weak like they thought, then the guy he's talking to turns his head and does this creepy smile. Implying he's going to rape the avengers asses   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)