1,457 Posts
    Amazing movie.

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,181 Posts
    Here's that other after-credits scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2GeMnQ0scg

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    In that picture Robert Downey Jr. looks a lot like a really skinny Kevin Smith.

Maybe it's just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #884
    June 2011
    2,992 Posts

Watching people eating has never been so interesting.

5. Post #885
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts

How many after credits scenes are there?

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,994 Posts
    There were two.
    The after the cool 3D credits scene
       where it shows Thanos   

And after the black and white normal credits where it shows
       Basically them sitting around eating   

I guess the second one is what they filmed like three hours before its international release. Which Robert and Mark were talking about.

7. Post #887
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts

I like to try and figure out what's going on in happy pictures like this.

I'm gonna say Downey told a joke at Sam's expense just before the camera clicked. It's why everybody but him is laughing and smiling and Mark and Jeremy are looking at a hysterical Sam to gauge his reaction.

Lack of Black Widow at this table upsets me.

Lack of Black Widow at any table upset me.

8. Post #888
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I didn't stay for the credits/post credits. Can anyone [sp] what happened?

9. Post #889
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    I didn't stay for the credits/post credits. Can anyone [sp] what happened?
       Basically, that monsta from earlier meeting with Loki reported to his leader (Thanos) that they failed and that they underestimated human power...Thanos then said something and laughed and thats it...inb4avengerzthanosrevenge   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #890
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,689 Posts
    Movie was fucking crazy! I saw it in IMAX 3D last night. It's got incredible, long lasting action scenes. You'll also find yourself laughing your ass off a good bit of the movie two. I love how they mixed action with comedy, but with those actors it's bound to happen. 10/10.

Edited:

Basically, that monsta from earlier meeting with Loki reported to his leader (Thanos) that they failed and that they underestimated human power...Thanos then said something and laughed and thats it...inb4avengerzthanosrevenge   
    Added to what Dummkopfs! said.    If you stayed until after ALL the credits, it shows them all eating at the place called "Shawarma". If you remember, when Iron Man (RDJ) fell from the portal and landed, he said he wanted to try this new "Shawarma joint" about 2 blocks from there. Then Thor said they hadn't won yet, and RDJ said "after that". It literally just shows them quietly eating and it's hilarious.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #891
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Man I loved everything about this movie.

Also Stan Lee made me laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,328 Posts
    Is the Hulk in the Avengers the same character as from the last Hulk movie only with a different actor?

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Is the Hulk in the Avengers the same character as from the last Hulk movie only with a different actor?
    pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,087 Posts
    pretty much.
    But who gives a shit, Ruffalo's performance is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

15. Post #895
    August 2011
    461 Posts
    But who gives a shit, Ruffalo's performance is awesome.
    Ruffalo imo, is the best Bruce out of the Hulk films (2003, and 2008). I was really skeptical at first about yet ANOTHER actor change, but he really delivered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,519 Posts
    The movie was incredible

I was sad though that    Agent Colson died.... Almost made me cry ;___________;   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #897
    November 2009
    859 Posts
    Lack of Black Widow at this table upsets me.
    Would be weird if she was seeing how the article was talking about male bonding.

Also, this movie was fucking epic. I wouldn't change a single damn thing, even    Phil's death    had meaning behind it.

edited
    didnt think we were using sp's since movies out. hid that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,459 Posts
    Despite having the worst seats in the house and the most annoying middle school commentators sitting behind me, this movie completely exceeded my expectations.

One thing I don't get: Why does Tony take    Agent Colson's death    so personally?

19. Post #899
    August 2011
    461 Posts
    Would be weird if she was seeing how the article was talking about male bonding.

Also, this movie was fucking epic. I wouldn't change a single damn thing, even    Phil's death    had meaning behind it.
    [sp][sp]

20. Post #900
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,218 Posts
    Despite having the worst seats in the house and the most annoying middle school commentators sitting behind me, this movie completely exceeded my expectations.

One thing I don't get: Why does Tony take    Agent Colson's death    so personally?
       considering he's known the guy for the last few years, i think a lot of folks would. that, and coulson was part of the upper cast.   

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro - was just banned in the same thread" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,459 Posts
    Eh I guess that makes sense. But it's a comic book movie so I won't argue.

Also, your picture hardly fits at all.

Edited:

He's still some random agent dude that he barely has contact with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,127 Posts
        Coulson knew potts and stark personally, he may not have known him well but you can't help get attached to people you are around for awhile if you like them in anyway    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,590 Posts
    Hulk stole this movie, he had all the best fighting and all the best funny parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

24. Post #904
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,452 Posts
    Hulk stole this movie, he had all the best fighting and all the best funny parts.
    I wanted to see more of Hulk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #905
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,090 Posts
    I enjoyed the bit where    captain america gives fury 10 bucks due to his bet   . I like long running gags like that in a movie, where there's setup and payoff.

Probably the best movie i've seen in a long time. Stark really pulls off his role well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Just got out from seeing it a second time. I gotta say seeing it from IMAX then regular theater made a big difference. (duh obviously but just sayin)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #907
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    That was a really good mix of comedy and action, 9.5/10, can't wait for the next movie.

Favorite part?    when hulk punches thor out of nowhere   

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,048 Posts
    Pretty good movie, there was some plotholes and things that just didn't make any sense. Also the womans only superpower was that she had a gun and cam shaky, blurry combat moves. Same thing with the bow guy.

Edit: Their characters didn't even have a relevant role in the plot and could have been easily replaced by statists. Even the hulk advances the plot.

Captain america was in the middle ground but he was still somewhat useless compared to the other guys who could all fucking fly and smash concrete walls, he seemed to be there mostly as a way to bait viewers I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

29. Post #909
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Captain America was great and it came across that they needed a leader of the same calibre of the heroes of WW2, that dedicate themselves and get it done. That is the vibe I got from him especially when he    Took command of the group at the end   .

I think black widow and hawkeye were badass enough to be relevant regardless of any analysis. I mean Hawkeyes    Not even looking behind him shot    was sick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,437 Posts
    Pretty good movie, there was some plotholes and things that just didn't make any sense. Also the womans only superpower was that she had a gun and cam shaky, blurry combat moves. Same thing with the bow guy.
    Tony Stark's only superpower is being rich and smart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    I enjoyed the bit where    captain america gives fury 10 bucks due to his bet   . I like long running gags like that in a movie, where there's setup and payoff.

Probably the best movie i've seen in a long time. Stark really pulls off his role well.
    What bet was that?

32. Post #912
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    What bet was that?
       That nothing surprised him anymore   

33. Post #913
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    What bet was that?
    When they were at gym where Captain America was destroying punching bags.

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,252 Posts
    Something along
       They make a bet that Shield will surprise Rogers after he says there's nothing left to surprise him. Then the flying base takes off later, and that surprised him.   

35. Post #915
    January 2008
    6,520 Posts
    The movie was incredible

I was sad though that    Agent Colson died.... Almost made me cry ;___________;   
       Stark crying while trying to call Pepper got me the most. I wasn't expecting him to get really emotional and the fact that he could actually die made it that much more sad.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #916
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
       Stark crying while trying to call Pepper got me the most. I wasn't expecting him to get really emotional and the fact that he could actually die made it that much more sad.   
       Hold on he cried?    What I missed this?!

Edited:

Eh I guess that makes sense. But it's a comic book movie so I won't argue.

Also, your picture hardly fits at all.

Edited:

He's still some random agent dude that he barely has contact with.
    He's in the first film.

And the second. Infact when Whiplash phones Tony he assumes it's Coulson straight away.

And in Thor Coulson relaxes when he thinks The Destroyer is a stark toy.

And there's that short movie thing where Coulson sends Stark to stop the Army signing up Abomination for The Avengers.

And it's implied that Coulson visits them a lot when Pepper called him Phil.

In general I always assumed Coulson was closest to Stark out of all of them.

Edited:

Edit: Their characters didn't even have a relevant role in the plot and could have been easily replaced by statists. Even the hulk advances the plot.

Captain america was in the middle ground but he was still somewhat useless compared to the other guys who could all fucking fly and smash concrete walls, he seemed to be there mostly as a way to bait viewers I guess.
    The fuck.

1) What plotholes?

2) None of them have super powers. This isn't DC. Hulk is the only one you could call a super power but that's more of a illness. One took super steroids who happens to be a loyal guy, one built a flying suit who happens to be smart, one's a god who happens to like humanity. So why is it a shame Black Widow doesn't have one? Neither does Batman?

3) Hawkeye and Blackwidow didn't have a relevant roll? As in, y'know,    Hawkeye was a fucking villain for most the film who came up with the whole idea to destroy the Hellacarrier and then blew up Loki with an explosive arrow.And Black Widow is a master of how he works and fights so she was drafted in to help stop him.     Yeah as if they could've been replaced. A statists (whatever the fuck that is) could easily replace a ninja master and an expert marksmen. Shit wait, they couldn't.

4) Yeah they should have left Captain America out. Afterall it's not like he is the leader of The Avengers in all the source material and then the leader in this. But you're totally right, leaders aren't important and they were doing fine before they had one. Oh wait they nearly all died.

5) Bait viewers, wha? You are aware it's based on a comic book right? They didn't just add him for funsies.

I'm not so mad there's an idiot on the internet, yet you can guarantee there's people who think like this guy and agreeing with him every day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    March 2010
    1,067 Posts
    Just went to see it loved it one of my favorite scenes?   when phill shoots loki   

38. Post #918
    January 2008
    6,520 Posts
       Hold on he cried?    What I missed this?!
    Yea     When he realizes he might die from the nuke/space, He calls Pepper but she doesn't pick up the phone and there is tears in his eyes.    I felt the emotion most from that scene because     You never see Stark truly care for someone   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #919
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    Tried seeing this yesterday, but the entire theater was FULL CAPACITY, literally every seat was filled. Yet they kept selling tickets. Dozens upon dozens of people were lined up and complaining to the staff.

Gonna try to see it early today, hope I can.

40. Post #920
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Tried seeing this yesterday, but the entire theater was FULL CAPACITY, literally every seat was filled. Yet they kept selling tickets. Dozens upon dozens of people were lined up and complaining to the staff.

Gonna try to see it early today, hope I can.
    I went on my day off college, early afternoon. There were around 10 people in the cinema, which was great because I can't stand the cinema when it's packed.