1. Post #1001
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Something that really bothered me was when    Thor struck Captain's shield with all his might and the sly fucker just took it.   

I sat there in the cinema going "That's bullshit..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #1002
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,927 Posts
    Read a prequel comic to this movie.

turns out the events in The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Thor all took place within a week. SHIELD was still searching for Cpt. America in that week, but after a year, they found him.

Thor's post-credits is directly before beginning of The Avengers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1003
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Read a prequel comic to this movie.

turns out the events in The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Thor all took place within a week. SHIELD was still searching for Cpt. America in that week, but after a year, they found him.

Thor's post-credits is directly before beginning of The Avengers.
    What's the comic?

4. Post #1004
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,845 Posts
    Something that really bothered me was when    Thor struck Captain's shield with all his might and the sly fucker just took it.   

The whole point in the shield is that it can absorb a massive amount of force. I'm pretty sure Captain America got knocked over aswell, he didn't just stand there.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #1005
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I'm not sure who I like best.

Probably Thor because for years I've been really interested in Norse Mythology, Vikings and all that. So he's just perfect for my interests.

Obviously the Hulk because he makes me want to smash shit up and he's just awesome.

And I really like Iron Man, probably both because of the super hero himself and he looks pretty cool and also just because of how Downey plays him.

I kinda like Captain America because of the backstory and stuff but the patriotic American stuff makes me cringe, especially as a British person.

I did like Hawkeye and Black Widow too although they weren't 'as powerful' I thought they were cool characters and it was cool to watch them doing there thangggg.

6. Post #1006
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
       The whole point in the shield is that it can absorb a massive amount of force. I'm pretty sure Captain America got knocked over aswell, he didn't just stand there.   
       There's a difference between "a massive amount of force" and all the combined might of Thor and Mjölnir.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,295 Posts

In Captain America Howard Stark says its made of some metal thats the strongest ever and completely vibration proof or something like that.

Ninja'd

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,094 Posts
    I love Thor because he has the sexiest voice of the entire cast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1009
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,927 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    also i thought CA could wield mjolnir if he wanted, or was that a lie

also i want a clip of the hulk...meeting loki

sweet lord that was funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1011
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    say what you say but hawkeye and black widow were completely underpowered compared to the rest of the team.
    You're a dumbass. They are infiltrators a saboteurs other than being skilled at fighting. When an enemy can't be fought head-on, that's where they come in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #1012
    ADT
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,578 Posts
    I was sad when    Coulson got stabbed and died   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #1013
    October 2011
    32 Posts
    In Captain America Howard Stark says its made of some metal thats the strongest ever and completely vibration proof or something like that.

Ninja'd
    Vibranium
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibranium

14. Post #1014
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,227 Posts
    CA, for me, is the worst super hero of the Avengers. Theres no cool factor or cool power that makes him bad ass.
    Stark - Billionaire, genius, talking AI, Super suit that makes him near invincible
    Thor - Asgard God, super strength, giant hammer, controls lightning
    Hulk/Banner - Genius, invincible unless its adimantium, super strength green monster

CA - enhanced strength, a sheild

Downey is just an all round cool cat. I always imagine his personality out of movies to be just like Starks.
    Thor is the Avengers bronze.
    Iron Man is the brains.
    Cap is the heart.

He's willing to sacrifice himself without hesitation. To me that's pretty special.

Edited:

It's one of those deep fan debates.    What would happen if "Thor smashed Cap's shiled"   .

They're unstoppable force meets immoveable object.

Edited:

I kinda like Captain America because of the backstory and stuff but the patriotic American stuff makes me cringe, especially as a British person.
    First time I heard of him I sorta cringed as a kid. But I've got used to it. He's an icon of what america needed and then what it lost.

Specially as we have a Captain Britain.

15. Post #1015
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Don't know why you guys are arguing about it, I though that scene was fucking awesome.

And on Cap's superpower or whatever, I just think the whole patriotic vibe about him is what makes him special but I mean, his only real super power is above average physical condition.

16. Post #1016
    January 2011
    639 Posts
    those who wanted to see the new after credits scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CJU2-43TsvI

17. Post #1017
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    CA, for me, is the worst super hero of the Avengers. Theres no cool factor or cool power that makes him bad ass.
    Stark - Billionaire, genius, talking AI, Super suit that makes him near invincible
    Hulk/Banner - Genius, invincible unless its adimantium, super strength green monster

It's not simply enhanced strength, though. He's pretty much the strongest, fastest (etc etc) human on earth.

That is not the point, he was misusing Spoiler tags.
    just to clarify this, I didn't actually use spoiler tags in that post

18. Post #1018
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    I'm not sure who I like best.

Cap isn't really a crazy "gun ho mrica" sorta patriot. He just does the right thing. He's just a good guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #1019
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts

Downey is just an all round cool cat. I always imagine his personality out of movies to be just like Starks.
    I love Captain America. I want a directors cut just so I can see more of him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1020
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #1021
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    Did anyone else think    the waitress that Captain America saved, who later talked about The Avengers on tv, saying they had saved her life, is related in some way to the Agent Carter from Captain America: The First Avenger?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1022
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts

captain america's underpowered but he's also the most experienced and level-headed of the avengers. he's a natural leader. not to mention that his shield stopped a full on strike from mjolnir
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #1023
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    I wanted to see more of the Hulk. Maybe a bit of inter fighting and everyone trying to control him or something. But the movie was awesome!

24. Post #1024
    December 2010
    6,437 Posts

To me Captain America is my favorite because he is the pure hearted leader, sure he doesn't have these insane super powers like the rest but he's the one who is able to keep this rag-tag group of insanely powerful and unstable heros together. His top priority is to do the right thing and get the job done.

25. Post #1025
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,560 Posts
    Cap isn't really a crazy "gun ho mrica" sorta patriot. He just does the right thing. He's just a good guy.
    He's the good guy, always. He's not about America. He's about what America stood for when it was founded, not what it does now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1026
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Did anyone else think    the waitress that Captain America saved, who later talked about The Avengers on tv, saying they had saved her life, is related in some way to the Agent Carter from Captain America: The First Avenger?   
    why would you even make that connection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #1027
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    why would you even make that connection
    Simply because of how much the movie focused on her in regards to Captain America.

I have barely read any of the comics, so I know I am probably wrong, I just thought it odd that the movie seemed to really focus on her whenever she was in a scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #1028
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    Yeah, she looks like she had some significance. She kept on looking at Cap right after he saved the hostages if I recall correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #1029
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    Yeah I thought she might be Sharon Carter because of the focus they put on her, but they never explicitly state anything.

30. Post #1030
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    I'm pretty sure she's there only to give that idea of "the avengers saved civilians just like you", someone you can relate to, or something. Just like that part when they show Captain America helping people leave the bus (I'm not sure, was it a school bus?), or pretty much whenever they show the Avengers saving someone, she's there simply for that

it's what I think, anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I'm pretty sure she's there only to give that idea of "the avengers saved civilians just like you", someone you can relate to, or something. Just like that part when they show Captain America helping people leave the bus (I'm not sure, was it a school bus?), or pretty much whenever they show the Avengers saving someone, she's there simply for that

it's what I think, anyway
    Wasn't a school bus, that was just one of the old MTA buses. And you're probably right, she's relatable, a character that can conduct that point.

32. Post #1032
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
       I honestly didn't expect Coulson's death to affect me as much as it did. Then I realized that he's appeared in almost every one of the other Avengers movies.

They needed someone to Avenge... :( 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #1033
    May 2011
    6,656 Posts
    Here's some of the things that make Captain America one of the best superheroes of all time:

Edited:

That said, Hulk is my favorite Avenger. Hulk is strongest there is.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #1034
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Captain America stands for the american dream more than the country, from what i gather.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

35. Post #1035
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    Speaking of Thor's hammer being heavy, I remember hearing about a comic where Red Hulk was able to lift Thor's hammer because Thor was holding it at the time.

Edited:

One thing I don't like about the prequel comic, the only character who looks anything like their actor is Fury.

36. Post #1036
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,520 Posts
    A more interesting movie would be a movie made of the Civil War arc from the comics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1037
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    A more interesting movie would be a movie made of the Civil War arc from the comics.
    Me and my friend were just discussing that.

At the end when some people were talking shit about the Avengers    it could very well be Marvel planting some seeds that will eventually sprout into Civil war.

Probably wouldn't be Avengers 2 but more like Avengers 3. Though I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself here.

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,520 Posts
    Me and my friend were just discussing that.

At the end when some people were talking shit about the Avengers    it could very well be Marvel planting some seeds that will eventually sprout into Civil war.

Probably wouldn't be Avengers 2 but more like Avengers 3. Though I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself here.
       The argument scene where everyone was just blaming each other was just asking for a Civil War movie   

39. Post #1039
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,631 Posts
       The argument scene where everyone was just blaming each other was just asking for a Civil War movie   
       The perfect opportunity to make a Darker and Edgier sequel.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1040
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,227 Posts
    Yeah I got a real civil war vibe. But you can't do civil war without Spider-Man. He was the character who was torn and then the dramatic reveal of his identity. He works as a perfect relation for the audience.

Plus you probably need a lot more heroes for that and it risks becoming crowded in a 2-3 hour movie.

I just want Disney to buy back X-men and Spider-Man. Not remake them, continue the already established actors etc (Garfield, Jackman, etc).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)