1. Post #401
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    Don't think so. I can't imagine audiences taking a talking dragon seriously
    And a WW2 super soldier steroid experiment, a scientist who can transform into a giant green rage monster, a billionaire in a super suit, two gods, and a supernatural universe changing cube can?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    Yes? At least they're human
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    November 2009
    6,967 Posts
    the hobbit

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,304 Posts
    The Hobbit is set in a fantasy world, plot taking place thousands of years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    And your name means meat in spanish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Yes? At least they're human
    'captain america'

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    Runtime of the movie has been confirmed to be 2 hours and 15 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #408
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    fuck year long movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    Thank fuck, I was worried the whole movie was going to be that city battle we keep seeing in the trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #410
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    Sorry man, I gotta disagree and say it's Fin Fang Foom.
    I dont think its either, Jormungand is a giant serpent, not a flying cyborg centapede, and it doesnt look anything like a dragon.

11. Post #411
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    I dont think its either, Jormungand is a giant serpent, not a flying cyborg centapede, and it doesnt look anything like a dragon.
    Looks more like a serpent than a dragon though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    And the ten rings were an actual set of 10 rings, not a terrorist organisation. They don't stick exactly to the comics, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a giant flying robot thing codenamed Jormungand.

13. Post #413
    June 2008
    717 Posts
    As opposed to a giant flying serpent whom constricts worlds? which in saying that, should make Jormungand much, much longer.

Jormungand has been known to disguise itself as Fin Fang Foom when on Earth, he has even attacked Thor in New York City as Fin Fang Foom.

This is just my opinion, either way - can't wait for the movie

Edit:
    It appears to be a Skrull ship of some kind.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,050 Posts
    it was originally 3 hours on the first cut, but they brought it down to 2 hours and 15 minutes.

hopefully they have that footage in the dvd, would be great to see 45 extra minutes of the avengers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    As opposed to a giant flying serpent whom constricts worlds? which in saying that, should make Jormungand much, much longer.

Jormungand has been known to disguise itself as Fin Fang Foom when on Earth, he has even attacked Thor in New York City as Fin Fang Foom.

This is just my opinion, either way - can't wait for the movie

Edit:
    It appears to be a Skrull ship of some kind.

No Skrulls nor Kree. Joss said so recently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts
    Captain America and Hawkeye poster banner:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    I much prefer caps old helmet.

The more I look at this one the more it just looks lame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    I much prefer caps old helmet.

The more I look at this one the more it just looks lame.
    It looks like they are trying to make it look more modern but failing.

19. Post #419
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    I'm not sure if modern is what they were going for, it looks like they tried to make it look more streamlined or something.

Either way it looks a bit silly.

Edited:

On the subject of costumes though I'm really glad they changed up Hawk eye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    ugh, it makes me sad to see that helmet and know it's final, they can't change it now :(

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    I'm not sure if modern is what they were going for, it looks like they tried to make it look more streamlined or something.

Either way it looks a bit silly.
    That is basically what I meant by modern. It looks like they are trying to avoid just having a fabric hood like old movies would but are trying too hard to make it look different.

22. Post #422
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    They should have just kept the helmet off. Would have been better that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,304 Posts
    His WW2 costume looks way better and more realistic.

This one looks like something you would buy for your kids on Halloween.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,009 Posts
    A few days late, but...

[release][h2]AMC Theatres Presents: THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON![/h2]

Get ready to watch the greatest Marvel movie event ever held at your local AMC Theatre on May 3rd! Experience THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON with six movies on one epic day. Watch the heroes’ stories unfold as they assemble for the midnight premiere of The Avengers 3D!

Here's a list of the six movies being shown at THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor in 3D
    Captain America in 3D
    The Avengers in 3D
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,990 Posts
    I would watch the shit out of that.
    But i'd be too scared of getting sick of Super Hero action and just be bored with the Avengers.
    Still, I'm probably going to re-watch those movies over the next couple of months.

26. Post #426
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    how do we find out where our local theater is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    I'm guessing that is a US only thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts
    D:

They always make these awesome marathons in other countries than the one I'm living in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,009 Posts
    how do we find out where our local theater is?
    http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-new...arvel-marathon

Most other theatres will be revealed on the 16th.

30. Post #430
    November 2009
    6,967 Posts
    http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-new...arvel-marathon

Most other theatres will be revealed on the 16th.
    Piss. There's an AMC about 20 minutes away from me, and the nearest playing so far is in the city? Meh.

31. Post #431
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    Hope one for Lousiana gets added.

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts

Heck of a lot of new scenes in the Japanese trailer

Includes Jeremy Renner and Cobie Smulders actually speaking, a look at Gwyneth Paltrow, Helicarrier floating up from the ocean and more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    March 2010
    2,233 Posts
    Is the Hawk Eye actor the same actor in Mission Impossible: GP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,539 Posts
    Is the Hawk Eye actor the same actor in Mission Impossible: GP?
    Yes. Jeremy Renner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Renner

35. Post #435
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts

:areyoukiddingme:

That is just bad, they have put the exact same image of Captain America into the background. Sorry, but this sucks. I don't know, but somehow this time, they really suck at doing the posters. Especially sad, because it's "The Avengers" :(

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts

:areyoukiddingme:

That is just bad, they have put the exact same image of Captain America into the background. Sorry, but this sucks. I don't know, but somehow this time, they really suck at doing the posters. Especially sad, because it's "The Avengers" :(
    Hopefully they are spending very little on fancy marketing because they blew the whole budget on an awesome film.

37. Post #437
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,159 Posts
    Yeah the posters seem to just be getting worse and worse suddenly. Rather strange but not like they really need to get the word out on this.

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #439
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,009 Posts
    My brain still goes "Who's that guy - oh yeah, Bruce Banner."

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,351 Posts
    In Thor when that one guy mentions the other scientist who worked with Gamma rays and also got all his shit taken from by the MiB guys.

Was that Bruce Banner he was talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)