1. Post #601
    May 2010
    868 Posts
    Wow, where do i begin?

5 years I've been waiting for this movie and it exceeded all my expectations. Almost everything was perfect. From Iron Man and Stark Tower's involvement in the plot to the Helicarrier and the battle in New York. Mark Ruffalo's performance as Banner is easily the best interpretation of him and the Hulk's role in the film is very true to the comics. The relationship between all the heroes was amazing and watching them come together and interact with each other was something that has never been done before. This movie is the first of its kind and the very definition of a blockbuster. I don't think I will ever enjoy a superhero film as much as I enjoyed this one.

Pretty dissapointed about Coulson's death and it was unclear whether he did die or not as Nick Fury was talking about how they needed a push and thats why he got the cards, but wouldn't his death be enough to push them to fight? Also the guy playing Galaga   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #602
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    Really fucking awesome.

"Massive bags of weed?"

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    I feel like listing some of the amazing things that happened.

When Bruce Banner turned into hulk for the second time while punching the shit out of that metal monster.
    Hulk beating the shit out of Loki after his "I am your ruler speech".
    Captain America giving Nick Fury a $10 note.
    Every single fight scene.
    Hawkeye, oh god he was badass (When he wasn't a bad guy)

There were so many holy shit moments in this movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    I'm going to go watch this tomorrow (in 3D unfortunately, they didn't show it in 2D anywhere near me. Is the 3D any good?) and I am really looking forward to it.

5. Post #605
    May 2010
    868 Posts
    I feel like listing some of the amazing things that happened.

When Bruce Banner turned into hulk for the second time while punching the shit out of that metal monster.
    Hulk beating the shit out of Loki after his "I am your ruler speech".
    Captain America giving Nick Fury a $10 note.
    Every single fight scene.
    Hawkeye, oh god he was badass (When he wasn't a bad guy)

There were so many holy shit moments in this movie.
       Stark calling the guy out who is playing Galaga
    Hulk and Thor tag teaming the massive worm beast thing
    Coulson's "So that's what it does"
    Hulk trying to pick up Mjolnir
    Captain America's sandbags lined up
    Stan Lee's cameo 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,759 Posts
    Is the 3D good or does it suck balls? I'm asking since my small town theatre shows like three movies a year with this opening on friday...in 3D

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    'Avengers' Mondo poster series. Five more to come

Here are the rest

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts
    gonna watch it in a few hours :]

9. Post #609
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,457 Posts
    Saw it lastnight
    It was fucking amazing, not enough Hulk though.

I'm always happy with Marvel movies when I come out the theater but holy shit, this is a must see.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,311 Posts
    Watching it tomorrow.

11. Post #611
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,144 Posts
       Stark calling the guy out who is playing Galaga
    Hulk and Thor tag teaming the massive worm beast thing
    Coulson's "So that's what it does"
    Hulk trying to pick up Mjolnir
    Captain America's sandbags lined up
    Stan Lee's cameo 

Captain America getting references
    Captain America and Iron Man wanting to square up
    Samuel L Jackson starring as Samuel L Jackson
    Hulk punching Thor after beating up the worm
    The guys face when Hulk jumps onto his plane
    All the jokes 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #612
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,457 Posts
       Captain America getting references
    Captain America and Iron Man wanting to square up
    Samuel L Jackson starring as Samuel L Jackson
    Hulk punching Thor after beating up the worm
    The guys face when Hulk jumps onto his plane
    All the jokes 

When Hulk smashes Loki around like a ragdoll in the Stark building    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,005 Posts
       When Hulk smashes Loki around like a ragdoll in the Stark building    
       Thanos   

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    Just got back from watching this (in 2D!). It's really fucking good, one of the best action movies I've ever seen. Needs a bit more Hulk though.
    8.5/10

15. Post #615
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Absolutely brilliant although I didn't like the way they portrayed The Hulk as invincible as far as I remember he isn't. And Iron Man seemed fairly weak in comparison to his usual antics.

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,311 Posts
    I don't get the reviewer in the local newspaper.

He gives the movie 3/6 because there was too much talking in the beginning and he didn't like how they did the Norwegian subtitles. I mean, WHAT? Are you kidding me?

And at the end of the review he says he didn't finish the movie...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    I don't get the reviewer in the local newspaper.

He gives the movie 3/6 because there was too much talking in the beginning and he didn't like how they did the Norwegian subtitles. I mean, WHAT? Are you kidding me?

And at the end of the review he says he didn't finish the movie...
    That's like complaining about the seat in the cinema, and not enjoying your popcorn and then giving the movie a bad score.

Edited:

Absolutely brilliant although I didn't like the way they portrayed The Hulk as invincible as far as I remember he isn't. And Iron Man seemed fairly weak in comparison to his usual antics.
    Hulk pretty much is invincible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #618
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    He is, only adamantium can penetrate his skin.

19. Post #619
    September 2008
    202 Posts
    Is the 3D good or does it suck balls? I'm asking since my small town theatre shows like three movies a year with this opening on friday...in 3D
    The 3D for the film is actually decent. It doesn't try to be intrusive, and just gives the whole thing a bit of depth. It's not necessary, but it's used in a light and effective way.

20. Post #620
    March 2010
    1,091 Posts
    I personally preferred the film in 3D, there is certainly a few 3D moments to ie     Black widow pulling the gun on Banner    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #621
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Watched it today, skipped half of the other work I had to do.

Lived up to expectations.

I wonder if that chick who Captain America saw in the crowd/and of course when he had his mask off was a granddaughter of the love interest, even so I never saw CA movie myself but spoiled myself looking at wikipedia I kind of knew he would have a love interest and now she's gone, properly just some red herring.   

Anyway, it'll be weird having Antman in the avengers, just doesn't fit irl.

22. Post #622
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    HOW ARE YOU GUYS SEEING IT

midnight screening? but it's what D:

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Going to see this Sunday I can't wait.

24. Post #624
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Australians assembled first!

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    HOW ARE YOU GUYS SEEING IT

midnight screening? but it's what D:
    Came out of the 25th basically everywhere except U.S.A
    I have no idea why, but yeah Australian here and I saw it on release day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,144 Posts
    The 3D for the film is actually decent. It doesn't try to be intrusive, and just gives the whole thing a bit of depth. It's not necessary, but it's used in a light and effective way.
    The only time I didn't like the 3D was at the beginning, where they'd randomly have like a pole on the edge of the screen, or a computer and it got intrusive as fuck for no reason.

Also seeing it again tonight :>

27. Post #627
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Came out of the 25th basically everywhere except U.S.A
    I have no idea why, but yeah Australian here and I saw it on release day.
    I'd complain but considering all the other shit that's exclusive to U.S.A. not to mention you guys absurd prices, I suddenly don't feel the need to complain.

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,311 Posts
    Ugh, all showings completely sold out today. Friend is gone tomorrow so I'll have to wait till Sunday :(

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    To 3D Or Not To 3D: Buy The Right Avengers Ticket

30. Post #630
    July 2009
    2,544 Posts
    I want to prebuy tickets for next thursday's midnight showing, but I've never done this sort of thing before, how do you get said tickets? do they mail them (god I hope not) or do you print them or what?

31. Post #631
    October 2010
    1,526 Posts
    I want to prebuy tickets for next thursday's midnight showing, but I've never done this sort of thing before, how do you get said tickets? do they mail them (god I hope not) or do you print them or what?
    Well I think you just reserve the seats and you have to go there x minutes before the start to actually buy your tickets.

And yes, this film is fucking incredible. Makes me want to watch other Marvel movies again.

32. Post #632

January 2012
    35 Posts
    Just saw this, one of the better films I've seen in the past five years. Right up there with Star Trek, Iron Man and Dark Knight. I'm fairly happy how they dealt with Iron Man in this film as they had to be careful as he's the the most well known of them but he was played down enough that it felt right whilst still keeping the Stark humour in. Also they got the cliche level just right.

moments:
       captain america: "Hulk ... smash"   
       Nick fury getting the cards out of coulson's locker and covering them in blood to emotionally play Stark and CA   
       Hulk interrupting loki's soliloquy by grabbing him and swinging him like a ragdoll was awesome.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,037 Posts
    In my opinion not only one of the best superhero movies ever made but also one of the best movies ever made full stop. Absolutely exceeded my expectations (already high) on every level, I have got to see this again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #634
    July 2009
    2,544 Posts
    Well I think you just reserve the seats and you have to go there x minutes before the start to actually buy your tickets.
    with a buy ticket online option?

35. Post #635
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,230 Posts
    The "He's Adopted" joke was easily one of the funniest moments of all of these characters history. Along with most of the things Hulk did in that last third. Such as    Punching Thor and Smashing the shit out of Loki    I've never laughed so fucking hard as I did when that last one happened.

The film was really funny.

Edited:

Also, about the trading cards etc.    I wouldn't be surprised if Coulson turns up casually in next Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies. It would be an excellent moment of comedy   .

And regarding the future of Hulk    Is Banner gonna be a supporting character in Iron Man 3? It seemed implied he was going to work with Stark   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts

The Avengers also gets a consensus on RT

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,562 Posts
    Saw this a few hours ago. My boner has a boner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    I was in stiches for a good 5 minutes when    the hulk smashed loki to hell    fuck it was funny.

39. Post #639
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    It was defiantly the best superhero film this year.

Thor 2 will be set after The Avengers. And more Natalie Portman....is that a good thing? :p

Iron Man 3, full on Tony Stark, without the help of the avengers, properly not the other dude who helped in IM2.

The following week, Feige said Iron Man 3 would begin shooting in North Carolina "in five weeks" and that it "is a full-on Tony Stark-centric movie ... very much inspired by the first half of 'Iron Man ... [H]eís stripped of everything, heís backed up against a wall, and heís gotta use his intelligence to get out of it. He canít call Thor, he canít call Cap, he canít call Nick Fury, and he canít look for the Helicarrier in the sky."[95] Later in April, The Walt Disney Company China, Marvel Studios and DMG Entertainment announced an agreement to co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. DMG will partly finance, produce in China with Marvel, and handle co-production matters. DMG will also distribute the film in China in tandem with Disney.[96] Guy Pearce has entered final talks to play Aldrich Killian, a character who is featured in the "Extremis" comic book story arc.[97] Jessica Chastain is in discussions for a role in the film.[98]

So, they won't have that dude who captured him the first movie. What about Mandarin? Though we haven't heard of anything yet.

Properly The Avengers 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    Also Black Widow will not feature in Iron Man 3.

But in some really good news, Marvel said as soon as Robert Downy Jr stops being Iron Man (Most likely after Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2) they will not make any more movies. They don't want it to turn out like Batman or Spiderman where they just reboot it with different actors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)