1. Post #1121
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,870 Posts
    Captain America 2 will be most closely associated with Avengers announced by Disney. Since Bob Iger's announcement about A2, I hope we may see Red Skull as the main antagonist since he is The Avenger's overall nemesis in the comics. Also Iger announced Marvel's The Avengers will be coming to Disneyland as a new theme park attraction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,457 Posts
    Captain America 2 will be most closely associated with Avengers announced by Disney. Since Bob Iger's announcement about A2, I hope we may see Red Skull as the main antagonist since he is The Avenger's overall nemesis in the comics. Also Iger announced Marvel's The Avengers will be coming to Disneyland as a new theme park attraction.
    But Red Skull is dead, and years into the past.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

3. Post #1123
    June 2011
    2,997 Posts
    Actually, he might not be dead. He just got sucked through the universe because of the cube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1124
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,365 Posts
    Just watched it and sweet christ was it awesome.    Didn't expect Coulson to die though, that was a damn surprise   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    Actually, he might not be dead. He just got sucked through the universe because of the cube.
    Comic books, where getting sucked into a random place in the universe doesn't instantly kill you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

6. Post #1126
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Comic books, where getting sucked into a random place in the universe doesn't instantly kill you
    the hitchhiker's guide to galaxy comes to mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #1127
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,334 Posts
    the hitchhiker's guide to galaxy comes to mind
    The Red Skull just got picked up by a passing spaceship and hitchhiked his way back to Earth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #1128
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,129 Posts
    Someone said that the first after credit scene
        "You could see thano's eyes and red skull standing beside him smiling when they talked about earth"    I was like really forreal tho you seein things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

10. Post #1130
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,069 Posts
    What would he even need Red Skull for?

11. Post #1131
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Someone I know told me that Thanos was Hellboy.
    Also after I left the cinema and was in the foyer I overheard a group of teens talking about how "it wasn't as good as transformers, the only good bit was the ending (according to one of them, that's how they make films these days), they didn't know who anyone was and they didn't like wonder woman"
    I don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #1132
    January 2008
    6,521 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

13. Post #1133
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    The cinema I was at was in tears when that happend. I laughed but I found it a bit sad the    mighty Loki got destroyed like that.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #1134
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    878 Posts
    The cinema I was at was in tears when that happend. I laughed but I found it a bit sad the    mighty Loki got destroyed like that.   
    I'm kind of torn on that scene

on one hand, it was really funny and awesome, but then again, I think a more serious battle would have been better. And it did kind of undermine all of the evilness and mightiness that was built up around loki throughout Thor and Avengers.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1135
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
       loki was still evil, he just wasnt that powerful. they never said he was, he was threatening earth with an army, not with his own powers   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #1137
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    But Red Skull is dead, and years into the past.
       When he uses the cube, you can visibly see him being beamed into asgard, how he'd get back is another story entirely   

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
       When he uses the cube, you can visibly see him being beamed into asgard, how he'd get back is another story entirely   
    Two possibilities, he was teleported to one of the nine worlds, or he disintegrated. I am pretty sure he is dead, but I could be wrong.

19. Post #1139
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    So he might be in Thor 2 or something.

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,295 Posts
    Me and brother think that Captain America 2 should have hawkeye and black widow in it fighting with Cap with some missions and what not. That way all 3 of them can get there own movie and lead into the the next Avengers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

21. Post #1141
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,228 Posts
    Me and brother think that Captain America 2 should have hawkeye and black widow in it fighting with Cap with some missions and what not. That way all 3 of them can get there own movie and lead into the the next Avengers.
    I imagine they'll pop up a bit more than before (Hawkeye being in Thor and Black Widow being in Iron Man 2).

I also imagine as no Hulk film is planned but Ruffalo is signed on for a ton of films we could see him cameo
    in a few. Most likely Iron Man 3 I imagine.

As for Red Skull discussion going on    With Thanos hinted at it would be a bit odd bringing in Red Skull for Avengers 2. He could always be in Thor 2 as a cameo (Being he ended up in Asguard at the end of CA in my opinion. OR he could come back to earth for CA2.   

Edited:

Or both   

Edited:

It's been a while since a Fantastic 4 film. I'm under the impression that if we don't get one soon it auto goes back to Marvel right?

Dr Doom could be an Avengers 3 option at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,849 Posts
    I love the soundtrack.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1143
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I love the soundtrack.

Did the Avengers ever have a theme, or is that from scratch? Regardless, it's great.

24. Post #1144
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,460 Posts
    It's been a while since a Fantastic 4 film. I'm under the impression that if we don't get one soon it auto goes back to Marvel right?

Dr Doom could be an Avengers 3 option at least.
    That awkward moment where Johnny Storm meets CA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    I also imagine as no Hulk film is planned but Ruffalo is signed on for a ton of films we could see him cameo
    in a few. Most likely Iron Man 3 I imagine.
    Well actually, with the success of Hulk in the film, they are planning on doing a stand alone Hulk movie with Ruffalo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissaf...ue-the-movies/

Edited:

But yeah, he is signed on for 6 films. So i'm guessing there will be a couple of cameo's.
    Plus Avengers 2.

26. Post #1146
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Hawkeye appeared in Thor, but that was barely a cameo. I only noticed him there when I watched it a second time, last week. They really should develop these characters a bit more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1147
    July 2008
    11,228 Posts
    Well actually, with the success of Hulk in the film, they are planning on doing a stand alone Hulk movie with Ruffalo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissaf...ue-the-movies/
    What the fuck is Marvel doing? Only 'considering' giving Hulk a film and own line of merchandise if he continues to be popular by 2015 but totally up for giving Black Widow a range of beauty products? What the hell has Black Widow got to do with Beauty products anyway?

28. Post #1148
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    What the fuck is Marvel doing? Only 'considering' giving Hulk a film and own line of merchandise if he continues to be popular by 2015 but totally up for giving Black Widow a range of beauty products? What the hell has Black Widow got to do with Beauty products anyway?
    Scarlet Johanssons tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1149
    February 2011
    4,493 Posts
    I am a Russian.

Remember that scene where The Black Widow appears? There we can see a russian billboard that says some thing like "Ждшщбксзж", rougly translated as "Gdshbkszg".

Fucking creepy country I live in.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Behind the scenes of creating Hulk

The Avengers is also the first film to reach $100 million in its second weekend run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #1151
    January 2011
    479 Posts
    How they did the sound for The Avengers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1152
    July 2008
    11,228 Posts

The Avengers is also the first film to reach $100 million in its second weekend run
    They worked really fucking hard on this film and it shows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #1153
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,097 Posts
    Just came back from the movie and I can only recommend it. It isn't a super deep story but it's definitely an action movie done right. Funny thing, I actually thought some action scenes could have been left out    (Some of the fighting during the attack on the flying ship and the part where Captain and Thor fight together)    mainly because they were a bit less exciting. I didn't see The Incredible Hulk and only parts of the first Hulk movie so I can't compare the performances but Hulk is the best part of this film for sure. I was surprised how I liked Hawkeye, pretty cool character. Sadly, I was right about Black Widow being the less fun to watch (Except for that ass).

Extremely entertaining and funny dialogs and attention for details.

And you guys were right,    Hulk meeting Loki was the most hilarious and awesome moment I saw in a long time.   

Edited:

Also, we got The Dark Knight Rises trailer and waited for the after-credit scene so we got the whole deal.

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    oh yeah, can someone please tell me what happens in the after-credits scene

35. Post #1155
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,097 Posts
    I will most likely be ninja'd but here I go.

You see the guy that sent Loki to Earth talking to some other dude. He tells him humans are stronger than they thought and to fight them is to court death or something like that. And then we see the other guy is Thanos. Learned his name from the internet, never heard of him before.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1156
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts

Hi Shrek!

37. Post #1157
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,998 Posts
    Just realised i have the exact same haircut as Hawkeye, except mine's a little darker.

38. Post #1158
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    I spoke to someone today who told me they preferred Iron Man 1 to The Avengers. I don't know how that's possible. Iron Man 1 was good and all, but come on!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

39. Post #1159
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
    Just realised i have the exact same haircut as Hawkeye, except mine's a little darker.
    Couldn't resist.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

40. Post #1160
    May 2011
    6,659 Posts
    Fun Fact: Thanos' motivation in the comics is that he is in love with the physical embodiment of Death.
    So when the Other says that "to attack Earth is to court Death", well, this is EXACTLY what Thanos wants to do.
    Just clearing that up for people who don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)