1. Post #1201
    June 2011
    2,995 Posts
    Watched the movie yesterday. Very entertaining blockbuster, dumb as brick pretty much all the time
    I would say, that the Transformers movies are like this, but Avengers still has some kind of soul and brain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

2. Post #1202
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    They couldn't reference Spider-Man. Marvel Studios doesn't own the rights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    I would say, that the Transformers movies are like this, but Avengers still has some kind of soul and brain.
    Avengers is dumb as bricks because it's just about people beating the fuck out of each other, but it manages to have likable characters and actual high stakes thanks to good writing that allows people to identify and like the characters. It's a dumb movie but it does what it has to do well.

Transformers, otherwise, didn't really care much about making the characters likable. They are giant robots and the movie shows them off as such - if you didn't watch the series before (which I didn't) and liked the characters through the series, you're not going to start liking them through the movies because the writing doesn't allow you to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1204
    March 2010
    3,173 Posts
    Is Deadpool owned by Sony due to X-men? If not I want him to appear in Avengers 2 if only to see him and    Thanos duke it out over Death if she is introduced into the films    quickly before moving on with the plot and having no mention of him again.
    Does anyone here have a link to the Deadpool movie script?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1205
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    I really don't want the Fantastic 4 to have anything to do with the Avengers. I know that they are important in the comics, but I always found them so boring. Not to mention, it'd have yet another movie explaining the origins of superheroes, we've had enough of these
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1206
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,953 Posts
    yeah the fantastic 4 are fantastically boring characters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1207
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,221 Posts
    Bit more speculation on the After credits scene and Avengers 2. Put in Spoilers because despite being purely speculation and comic book facts, some still haven't seen the film and after credits scene.
       As Mentioned in the thread Thanos was in love with death, hence the smile on the "To court death" line.

As Thanos is really the mastermind behind the Chitauri, it means it was HIM who was bargaining an army in return for the cosmic cube (Called the Tesseract in the films). In the comics Thanos actually gets his hands on the cube and uses it to impress Death. He then uses The Cube to defeat The Avengers and become part of everything thus becoming very powerful. Believing the cube to be depleted of energy he then discards it. However Captain Marvel (Mar-vell, whatever) drains the power from Thanos, dying as he does so, and then shatters the cube.

So it's possible the cube will play a strong part in Avengers 2. It's currently in Asgard where many people believe Red Skull to be hiding. So the cube could possible appear in both Thor 2 and Captain America 2 (If they use Red Skull, specially as Red Skull often uses the cube).  

The Fantastic 4 reboot still hasn't come, and nothing has been heard of it since it was announced and Marvel are planning to announce TWO new films that have so far not been announced, to become part of it's cinematic universe. It's entirely possible that Fantastic 4 will fall back into the hands of Marvel if it's not used soon. It may already have done, nobody would know unless Marvel said. So one of those films could be Fantastic 4, though it is unlikely. For now.

How is this relevant to Avengers?    The cinematic universe borrows heavily from The Ultimate Universe. The Chitauri are essentially The Ultimate Skrulls. One ultimate storyline is Thanos cosmically controls Mr Fantastic to build a new cosmic cube. The Thing even worked with Captain America in one mainstream story line to retrieve The Cube. Doctor Doom uses a time machine to retrieve the cube from the ocean himself after Red Skull and Captain America lose it. The point is The Fantastic 4 are usually a part of the cubes story and it is entirely likely if they fall back into Marvel hands they would play an important role with the Tesseract. So don't expect Avengers to be the last we see of that little cube, it could be a main part of the sequel and even a third film.   
    have the rights reverted from fox to marvel? last i checked they still owned F4

8. Post #1208
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    It's a bit trivia but there're people out there who are very upset with the "He's adopted" joke

http://www.change.org/petitions/marv...tion-community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    Ugh, fucking always someone getting offended over something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    It's a bit trivia but there're people out there who are very upset with the "He's adopted" joke

http://www.change.org/petitions/marv...tion-community
    People are being butthurt about everything. They didn't even understand the context of the joke.

It's only a matter of time before people start bitching about that one joke    when Captain America gives a few bucks to Fury    because it's kinda racist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

11. Post #1211
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    How was it racist? He did lose the bet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    Wait there was a bet ?

Fuck I didn't understand that joke then, if only that fatass whale who was sitting right next to me would have stopped sneezing all the fucking time and mouth breathing so loud I could hear her more than the movie I would have understood it.

Edited:

I thought he gave him money because he's black and back in the 30s black people were all servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1213
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    You sir are the racist for thinking that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    I thought he gave him money because he's black and back in the 30s black people were all servers
    thats pretty fucked up for you to think that, honestly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

15. Post #1215
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,294 Posts
    Wait there was a bet ?

Fuck I didn't understand that joke then, if only that fatass whale who was sitting right next to me would have stopped sneezing all the fucking time and mouth breathing so loud I could hear her more than the movie I would have understood it.

Edited:

Hahahaha ha ha oh wow thats funny stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1216
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    thats pretty fucked up for you to think that, honestly
    Er no it's rather well known that in the thirties even up to early fifties black people were treated like shit and could barely afford any other job than musician, server or underpaid worker.

Edited:

Also is it just me or are Fury and that other tall guardian guy in Thor the two only black persons of the entire Marvel cinematic universe ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1217
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts
    At the end part of the film after seeing it a second time, my friend told when he saw the film before when
       Thanos    showed up someone yelled "Oh man its Hellboy!". Laughed my ass off.

Also in regard to Iron Man 3, the film will focus loosely on the storyline of Extremis and will involve a terrorist group known as the Mandarin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #1218
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Wait there was a bet ?

Edited:

Yeah me too, what was the bet?

19. Post #1219
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    I could watch an entire movie just about Thor and the Hulk beating the hell out of each other.

20. Post #1220
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Er no it's rather well known that in the thirties even up to early fifties black people were treated like shit and could barely afford any other job than musician, server or underpaid worker.

Edited:

Also is it just me or are Fury and that other tall guardian guy in Thor the two only black persons of the entire Marvel cinematic universe ?
    it doesn't matter if they did it or not, the fact that it was the first thing that came to your mind is fucked up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1221
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Yeah me too, what was the bet?
    Think back to the beginning of the film where Fury is with Cap in the gym.

Nick Fury: There's a lot we have to bring you up to speed on if you're in. The world has gotten even stranger than you already know

Steve Rogers: At this point, I doubt anything will surprise me

Nick Fury: 10 bucks says you're wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #1222
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    his true motives throughout wasn't anything like he said originally, that's called lying or being delusional

really he just wanted to be king of something, since he had been denied his "rightful" throne at Asgard, and wanted earth to suffer under his rule in an attempt to spite Thor

he wasn't ever about "freeing the world from freedom" that was just the phrase he couched it in

23. Post #1223
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,335 Posts
    Think back to the beginning of the film where Fury is with Cap in the gym.
    What the fuck, why did I just read Fury's lines in Keith David's voice. I know hes played by SLJ, but for some reason Keith David said them in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts

Edited:

War Machine is black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    I think I could handle maybe one more Marvel movie with the cube, then it should be time for another maguffin. Like the infinity gauntlet or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1226
    May 2011
    6,652 Posts
    I personally want Fin Fang Foom.
    Aside from being one of my personal favorite villains (who I know VERY little about), we get the chance of Stan Lee appearing and shouting "LOOK OUT!! IT'SH FIN. FANG. FOOOM!!!"

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    War Machine is black.
    That makes three black guys in the entire universe

28. Post #1228
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Wait there was a bet ?

Edited:

I would find that joke funnier than the bet one actually lol of course Cap was already attuned to the new age anyway

29. Post #1229
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    it doesn't matter if they did it or not, the fact that it was the first thing that came to your mind is fucked up
    Not really. If he didn't catch or didn't make the connection between the "bet you 10 bucks" line then him going to the next logical conclusion doesn't make him fucked up.

Honest mistake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #1230
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,984 Posts
    In the OP, you said Hulk's name was Bruce Banner. It's actually David Banner I thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Was that a joke? Because it's certainly Bruce Banner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1232
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    You're both wrong.

Its Dr. Robert Bruce Banner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #1233
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    In the OP, you said Hulk's name was Bruce Banner. It's actually David Banner I thought.
    It was David in the t.v series because (and this isn't a joke) executives thought the name Bruce was too gay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #1234
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    It was David in the t.v series because (and this isn't a joke) executives thought the name Bruce was too gay.
    They coulda used his real comic book first name, which is robert.

Unless robert is even gayer than bruce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1235
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,963 Posts
    Robert Banner sounds kinda dumb.

Also, isn't the original Tv Series actor doing Hulk's voice whenever he's transformed in the Original Version of the movie ?

They should have put him as the janitor in that one scene with Banner instead, in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #1236
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Not really. If he didn't catch or didn't make the connection between the "bet you 10 bucks" line then him going to the next logical conclusion doesn't make him fucked up.

Honest mistake.
    I disagree, but meh.

Edited:

and yes, lou ferrigno as the janitor would have been awesome

37. Post #1237
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Robert Banner sounds kinda dumb.

Also, isn't the original Tv Series actor doing Hulk's voice whenever he's transformed in the Original Version of the movie ?

They should have put him as the janitor in that one scene with Banner instead, in my opinion.
    Actually, Robert Bruce Banner was a mistake, because Stan lee wanted him as Bob, but they made him bruce in the original comic, he wrote it as bob in the second, so he retconned his name as robert bruce banner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1238
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Not really. If you know how black people were treated back then, and don't notice the bet, it's not that much of a stretch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1239
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,223 Posts
    Lots of F4 hate here.

I think they're fun. The Movie was terrible. But the family unit is special. Also The Thing is such a tragic character it's kinda moving when he always turns out to be the most human character in the whole of Marvel. During the civil war he called bullshit on the whole thing and went to France while Reed became a war driven scientist nut. I think he even cloned Thor for some bat shit stupid reason.
    Reed is boring.
    Sue is just 'the wife'
    and Johnny is a cock.

But Dr Doom and Thing are great Marvel characters and deserve to be in The Avengers. Nobody makes a villain party like a Dr Doom Villain Party.

Edited:

I could watch an entire movie just about Thor and the Hulk beating the hell out of each other.
    Done

Edited:

I honestly can't stop fucking laughing. I'll be watching The Avengers now thinking Cap is ignorantly racist. And that makes him ten times funnier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

40. Post #1240
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Can any of you guys give advice as to where to start with the current Marvel comics? Spiderman, Captain America and Iron Man, in particular. I've always wanted to try reading, but I'm not really quite sure where the "start" is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)